Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm playing SuicideSteve!

http://www.hitbox.tv/Chamale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Well, their server apparently went down. I'm not entirely sure how to connect to their backup server.

Edit: The backup server requires registration. Registration is disabled. Awesome. I guess try Chickatrice.net? It requires registration but at least you can register.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 26, 2015

Alaan
May 24, 2005

TWO MEN ENTER. Then two men leave because the server is down.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

suicidesteve posted:

Well, their server apparently went down. I'm not entirely sure how to connect to their backup server.

The server went down the minute we were about to start playing. Great. Sorry, everyone who wanted to watch.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

Edit: The backup server requires registration. Registration is disabled. Awesome. I guess try Chickatrice.net? It requires registration but at least you can register.

Chamale posted:

The server went down the minute we were about to start playing. Great. Sorry, everyone who wanted to watch.

Yeah, if you sign up for Chickatrice.net you can use their server, which is also chickatrice.net. I'm still suicidesteve on there.

Edit: Goons/Goons! again. Spectators welcome!

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 26, 2015

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

We are trying again!

http://www.hitbox.tv/Chamale

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
In light of all of this I've just set a server up at 104.236.252.131 default port (17171) no fancy registration or anything.

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I'm free to crush your dreams any weeknight after 8pm EST scrub.

Find me in #mtgoon where my dreams are already crushed on a daily basis, scrub

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

He's up 2/1.

Edit:
Here is my sideboarding in case anyone's curious.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 26, 2015

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The March Hare posted:

In light of all of this I've just set a server up at 104.236.252.131 default port (17171) no fancy registration or anything.

Thank you.

suicidesteve posted:

He's up 2/1.

Confirming I won 2-1. You were very understanding of that Sensei's Top misclick, which would have been an ugly judge ruling in a paper tournament I'm sure.

I crack a fetch and get an island without thinking to ask if he has anything in response, so Steve goes "hey wait I can Abrupt Decay your Sensei's Divining Top". So I back up, put the Island back in my library, and in the process of trying to put Top on my library accidentally put it in my graveyard.

Anyway, I'll be streaming all my matches, and I'm using "alters" on a lot of these cards. If you're my opponent, tell me if you want any alters for your cards - I just need an image that's at least 223x310 pixels.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

gang sines posted:

THUNDERDOME ROUND 1:

10) Lonely Bridge vs Hobojim

Oh man, this should be fun. I don't know if I've ever played against a painter's servant deck.

Let me know when's good for you, I'm available most of the time.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Chamale posted:

Thank you.

Confirming I won 2-1. You were very understanding of that Sensei's Top misclick, which would have been an ugly judge ruling in a paper tournament I'm sure.

I crack a fetch and get an island without thinking to ask if he has anything in response, so Steve goes "hey wait I can Abrupt Decay your Sensei's Divining Top". So I back up, put the Island back in my library, and in the process of trying to put Top on my library accidentally put it in my graveyard.

Anyway, I'll be streaming all my matches, and I'm using "alters" on a lot of these cards. If you're my opponent, tell me if you want any alters for your cards - I just need an image that's at least 223x310 pixels.

You never fielded my question about your counterspell alter :(.

(What happens if someone overrules an objection?)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 27, 2015

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Zoness posted:

You never fielded my question about your counterspell alter :(.

(What happens if someone overrules an objection?)

If someone actually did that I would refuse to pay X as a matter of principle.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I've done a very rough metagame breakdown for those of you interested. If I've mis-categorized your deck.... suck it up I guess.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KyRKF0IqbA0QWW94ujPElTmFq-NNrjptiBVfqKB0ohA/edit?usp=sharing

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

TenjouUtena posted:

I've done a very rough metagame breakdown for those of you interested. If I've mis-categorized your deck.... suck it up I guess.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KyRKF0IqbA0QWW94ujPElTmFq-NNrjptiBVfqKB0ohA/edit?usp=sharing

:eyepop:

3 Sneak and Show decks? That's a whole 6.25% of the meta, what a degenerate list.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Chamale posted:

:eyepop:

3 Sneak and Show decks? That's a whole 6.25% of the meta, what a degenerate list.

I was the only one until the very last few lists. Is it viewed as a bogeyman of the format? I haven't played legacy much over the last few years, it just looked like a fun list.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

wildfire1 posted:

I was the only one until the very last few lists. Is it viewed as a bogeyman of the format? I haven't played legacy much over the last few years, it just looked like a fun list.

I'm joking, there's tons of diversity and that's great.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
If anything the THUNDERDOME's diversity is unrepresentative of legacy as a whole, because
1. goons are going out of their way to not play the same deck
2. less blue saturation / less burn representation (compared to SCG events vs legacy GPs) due to card availability/player deck bias

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Snacksmaniac, when are you down? I'm free tonight, tomorrow night, and Saturday (at varying times, not sure yet).

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Chamale posted:

I'm joking, there's tons of diversity and that's great.

Yeah, I figured your post was a joke but I wasn't sure if was a dig at the ubiquity of Sneak and Show in the rl/online metagame or whether you just picked it because Show and Tell variants are the most popular deck choice in this particular tournament. Now I know!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

This for the people that are too lazy to download an IRC client.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23legacythunderdome&server=irc.synirc.net
You are welcome, it should help with people coordinating matches.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

THere was a point about 1.5-2 years ago where Sneak and Show was pretty much beating face left and right but the meta did move around it eventually.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I remember those times. I was pretty sweet watching SnT just throwing haymakers every turn. Blood moon? Of you go force, ok. Blood Moon? Oh you got force, ok. Show and tell? Oh you got spell pierce, ok. Sneak attack? Whats that, you don't have many more counters? Ok, lotus petal, emrakul, swing.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Trilas posted:

Snacksmaniac, when are you down? I'm free tonight, tomorrow night, and Saturday (at varying times, not sure yet).

I'll try for tomorrow night.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yo Kraus, I'm free 8PM - 12 AM CST during the week and tentatively free all weekend (though I'm considering visiting my folks this weekend so I'd prefer a weekday match), I have PMs so holla back (or just post here) and let's do this.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

TheKingofSprings posted:

oh man let's do this

What times are good for you?

Late afternoons through evenings EST. I can also catch you in IRC, saw you on earlier.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Played a couple of test matches. Xmage certainly works. It is clunky and ugly though, and that is saying a lot from somebody who is used to MTGO. The fact that everything is hold priority is weird too.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

gang sines posted:

22) Ciprian Maricon vs lonequid

I won 2-1 on the back of Double Wasteland, Stifle, enjoy not casting any spells.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Hey Hobojim, I see you don't have PMs so I'll try to hang around the IRC when I'm available (should be after 4-5PM Eastern time through Thursday). When are you down to clown?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Trilas posted:

You don't have PM but I'll be awake for a bit.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
playing Archenteron on Cockatrice now, room's legacy throwdown and the password's "Mendin" if anyone wants to spectate

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

TheKingofSprings posted:

playing Archenteron on Cockatrice now, room's legacy throwdown and the password's "Mendin" if anyone wants to spectate

Which server? I can't connect to the goon one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
playing on woogerworks

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I won 2-1 on the back of Double Wasteland, Stifle, enjoy not casting any spells.

Score is correct.

I did not enjoy not casting any spells.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
NVM, TheKingofSprings advances 2-0-1.

E: is that how you do draws

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: is that how you do draws

Yes. I see you managed to Dragon 3 times.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Snacksmaniac and I are dueling on the goon XMage server.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

TheKingofSprings posted:

As it turns out, dropping a Thalia down does nothing when he always has a third land as a u/b legacy deck aaaaa. :suicide:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
BAFH, I'm on Australia time so hopefully we can work something out. I'll be on IRC after work (~5 hours from this post).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I won 2-1 ggs.

• Locked thread