Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

What the gently caress. Please tell me this is a real thing, that looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

T1g4h posted:

What the gently caress. Please tell me this is a real thing, that looks amazing.

Only available in the Philippines I believe.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Only available in the Philippines I believe.

Aww. They took the regular Double Down away from my KFC here, they won't let me have anything good :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The best part? That isn't mustard. :allears:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

KKKLIP ART posted:

I think once they get lab grown meat pretty close to what farm grown, and it isn't dumb expensive, you will see less and less of the terrible condition for animals in the developed world.

Yeah, Veridian Dynamics is pretty close to lab grown meat. It doesn't taste like beef, or chicken...but it's something familiar...

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

jammyozzy posted:

It's not my current bank but wasn't a spam company either. I went shopping for the best one I was likely to get approved for and they came up with that, idk. I pay it off every month, hopefully by the time the 0% interest deal runs out my score will have improved and I'll get something better. :shrug:

I used to stooze on 0% cards a lot after I got my first stupid limit one (back when savings accounts paid interest) Works well if you set up a direct debit to pay the monthly minimum and keep the final payoff value aside (and can be bothered and keep track of it carefully.) probably works wonders for credit ratings too.

The tesco one was the best. Used to fill it using stock purchases for work and get lots of club card points which then converted into free beer every week :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Yeah, Veridian Dynamics is pretty close to lab grown meat. It doesn't taste like beef, or chicken...but it's something familiar...

That show should still be going, damnit.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

That show should still be going, damnit.

Seriously. :smith:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just started Sons of Liberty and it's already badass.

Sir Pukesalot
Nov 3, 2012

ssjonizuka posted:

Holy poo poo, real life spin tires!

Kind of. My grandparents actually do real life spintires (grandfather drives "the scrap car" on his fields until he gets stuck, calls grandmother to get get towed, she comes down in their tractor and tows him out). Also related: This weekend i did (sort of) tractor spintires myself, map: grandfathers farm, objective: get some corn down to a feeding spot, for wild animals (pheasants and deers), and i did a tractor sort of powerslide, for like 100 meters the road was very slippery from fresh snow, and it's uneven. Then i just rode drifted the ATV instead, because the tractor was loving scary, and the ATV is generally faster, and easier to do some actual powerslides.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

It took me several seconds to realize that I wasn't looking at a Subaru Forester (christ, even the upholstery looks similar).

Your grandparents sound awesome as hell :3:

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 27, 2015

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Whats happening?

The medium version: Our CEO has lost his mind, is self destructing and taking the company down with him. Or at least that's how it appears. Latest example: When my coworker quit Friday, he was told by the CEO that he was not in the right mental state to be quitting and should reconsider. Otherwise it's typical trickle down issues- our sales team/PM's are left to run free, they sell systems and features we haven't made yet and it's a fire/rush job to get a semi functioning product out the door or the company will collapse. The field guys throw the engineers under the bus when the customer complains, the engineers blame management. Everyone ends up being treated like crap and according to the CEO, Engineers are easily replaceable, which has turned their department into a revolving door. The exec team is at best a bad joke and was hand picked due to their ability to be easily manipulated. After three years of this nonsense, it's burnt some of our best people out and I'm just barely hanging on. We've lost a dozen people this last year alone (in a now 40 person company, down from 68), not including the dozen field service guys we cycled through. I recently found out the CEO is trying to sell us, again. I'm 99% sure that included in the sale is IP that we developed/own 50/50 with the last firm who tried to buy us and it's going to end badly. I've got an out, but I'm waiting on lawyers to get back to me. I'm counting the days until February 28th, until then I'm burning up my vacation and sick days :).

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The best part? That isn't mustard. :allears:

Jesus pantshitting Christ. :cripes:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I'm getting shooting pains in my left arm just thinking about that Double Down Dog. God that thing is disgusting.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Thanks for all the AI Hugs, i love you all.

The news i got today was that i have cancerous developments in my spleen and lungs, this brings my prognosis down to about a coinflip. It was a proper setback at a point in my treatment i thought i was getting better. I was in my nieces christning this weekend, having to fly to and from. when i arrived at home i basically just shut down. i couldent even stand up i was so dizzy. Got to the hospital late last night, the small tumor in my lung had caused a pneumonia i guess. Now im just chilling in my hospital bed getting IV fluids and antibiotics. i am also removing part of my spleen and the lymphnodes in my right groin on thursday.

It truly sucks, and i doubt i will be working the next weeks/months. and even tho i feel really small atm, i will get trough this.

I will not go quietly into the night

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

fjelltorsk posted:

It truly sucks, and i doubt i will be working the next weeks/months. and even tho i feel really small atm, i will get trough this.

drat straight man, that's the spirit and attitude to have. Hang in there and keep fighting it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

fjelltorsk posted:

Thanks for all the AI Hugs, i love you all.

The news i got today was that i have cancerous developments in my spleen and lungs, this brings my prognosis down to about a coinflip. It was a proper setback at a point in my treatment i thought i was getting better. I was in my nieces christning this weekend, having to fly to and from. when i arrived at home i basically just shut down. i couldent even stand up i was so dizzy. Got to the hospital late last night, the small tumor in my lung had caused a pneumonia i guess. Now im just chilling in my hospital bed getting IV fluids and antibiotics. i am also removing part of my spleen and the lymphnodes in my right groin on thursday.

drat dude, hope you make it :( give it hell.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

fjelltorsk posted:

i am also removing part of my spleen and the lymphnodes in my right groin on thursday.

I think you might want to leave that to the doctors to do.

Joking aside I wish you the best of luck man, kick it's rear end.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Quite A Tool posted:

I think you might want to leave that to the doctors to do.

Joking aside I wish you the best of luck man, kick it's rear end.

Can't be much harder than working on something Italian.

Good luck dude. gently caress cancer. And 2015.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fjelltorsk posted:

drat loving right.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

fjelltorsk posted:

Good on you, man. gently caress cancer.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

fjelltorsk posted:

If only the people I transport daily could have this attitude, the world would be a lot better. Keep on keepin' on.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

fjelltorsk posted:

Stay strong goon, we're all rooting for ya.

On an unrelated note... what the gently caress happened in the dealer chat thread?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fucknag posted:

On an unrelated note... what the gently caress happened in the dealer chat thread?

Drifted into EN, guys ignoring that she works at a dealer and advising her to use dealers to get rid of a car, then private EN meltdown is my guess.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

Fucknag posted:

Far as I understand it GG had an involuntary AV change, commented on it, someone else changed it to a picture of a WRX, she mentioned her questionable legal problems with ownership due to familial troubles, Internet Tough guys happened and well then it got shut down.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I liked the Genghis Kunt avatar :(

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

fjelltorsk posted:

drat good attitude. Really hope you kick cancer's rear end.

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Far as I understand it GG had an involuntary AV change, commented on it, someone else changed it to a picture of a WRX, she mentioned her questionable legal problems with ownership due to familial troubles, Internet Tough guys happened and well then it got shut down.

Ooooooh, so that's why GG got the passive aggressive AV's. Charming.

Thank you for the well wishers re: Stig. I know it sounds kinda pathetic but that cat was a big part of my life and really hurts to lose him. Doesn't help today has been one loving disaster after another and draining the rest of my mental resiliance.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Drifted into EN, guys ignoring that she works at a dealer and advising her to use dealers to get rid of a car, then private EN meltdown is my guess.

Yeah I kinda feel like it's my fault for asking for the story behind the WRX issues.

Sorry Goatse Guy :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Yeah I kinda feel like it's my fault for asking for the story behind the WRX issues.

Sorry Goatse Guy :(

Not your fault a few guys immediately went into patronizing mode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Video games?

Y'all play video games?

I'd bought a WiiU about a month ago and ended up returning it without ever opening it today. $250 will get a lot of other poo poo instead of a black box collecting dust.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Not your fault a few guys immediately went into patronizing mode.

Yeah, textbook not reading a loving thread, I can totally see why she would just say gently caress it and close the drat thread.

That and discussing e/n poo poo isn't exactly fun either.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

fjelltorsk posted:

Thanks for all the AI Hugs, i love you all

I know I'm late on this one but keep on fighting, outlook is a major part of fighting cancer.

And if you have any medical related questions or anything for that matter feel free to hit me up. Most of my oncology knowledge is in pediatrics but it is all the same drugs and I can find out whatever you need.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

fjelltorsk posted:

Hang in there dude. For what it's worth, my brother had his entire spleen removed (due to ITP, not cancer) and he's doing fine, running triathlons and what not, so it appears it's optional.

bolind fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 27, 2015

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

fjelltorsk posted:

I finally saw Interstellar this weekend so I'm going to pull from a poem that's partially quoted a few times in the film because I've been thinking about it, life, and the ideas it presented.

Dylan Thomas posted:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Stay strong dude, we're pulling for you.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Sorry about your cat, Terrist :smith:

Go get 'em, fjelltorsk :unsmith:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Yeah your spleen is not really needed at all. If they take it out you just need to get re vaccinated for everything and you will be good to go

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

fjelltorsk posted:

Never backdown. Never give up.

You have the right attitude. :glomp:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Standard monday night drunk, watching the Ghostbusters, because I can't get the Epic Rap Battle Ghostbusters vs Mythbusters out of my head. Worth it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey Aussie goons, how on point is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFAOj8JVzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Phone posted:

Hey Aussie goons, how on point is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFAOj8JVzo

I have no idea what I just watched but it was entertaining.

• Locked thread