Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

http://www.theleagueapp.co/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.thegradedating.com

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

how does this work, do you fill out a survey after every pageview

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im david

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
http://tawkify.com/

$600/month for 1 date

that's six hundred american dollars

only in San Francisco

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sincx posted:

http://tawkify.com/

$600/month for 1 date

that's six hundred american dollars

only in San Francisco

lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"Misty Dawn" sounds like a gat drat sesame street muppet

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
misty dawn the techie muppet drops a cool six figgies on the trash can next to oscar and prices him out of the neighborhood

naem
May 29, 2011

If I pay $600 dollars to a fake blonde named Mistey Dawn I'd better get more than a nice conversation naw say'n

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

"The cosmic experience it should be" blah blah blah just let me mash genitals with a stranger.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 24, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
There's also something called Invisible Boyfriend that lets you pretend to have a boyfriend for <reasons>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/01/22/i-paid-25-for-an-invisible-boyfriend-and-i-think-i-might-be-in-love/

:stare:

These are start-ups are loving ridiculous. It should be satire but it... isn't

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cauterize the bay area off the face of the earth

naem
May 29, 2011

etalian posted:

cauterize the bay area off the face of the earth

Let me save up a down payment for a house first pls thnks

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

naem posted:

Let me save up a down payment for a house first pls thnks

Where are you planning to find 100-200k?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

paranoid randroid posted:

misty dawn the techie muppet drops a cool six figgies on the trash can next to oscar and prices him out of the neighborhood

holy poo poo

sesame street needs to have an episode on gentrification

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thathonkey posted:

There's also something called Invisible Boyfriend that lets you pretend to have a boyfriend for <reasons>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/01/22/i-paid-25-for-an-invisible-boyfriend-and-i-think-i-might-be-in-love/

:stare:

These are start-ups are loving ridiculous. It should be satire but it... isn't

One of the reasons is the startup said it would be a good way for people to prepare for having a real SO.

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
coursera + SOsimulator

teach me to have thoughts and have relationships

here is money, i have work to do

*algorithms an algorithm for algorithms*

*disruption ensues*

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Between the name and the description this reads like a thinly veiled ad for a hooker.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Actually a hacker is someone who is good with sharp weapons

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Disrupt kegels
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/26/7892551/kgoal-kegel-exercises-device-review

quote:

The only way I can describe what taking the kGoal out felt like is by asking Vergereaders who menstruate to imagine the most painful experience they've ever had with a tampon. Then, take that pain and triple it — that's what taking the kGoal out felt like

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

naem posted:

If I pay $600 dollars to a fake blonde named Mistey Dawn I'd better get more than a nice conversation naw say'n

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Why not just go to the gym

It definitely looks a little ... wide

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I'm dying

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

text me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
We should raise taxes on the rich people, they've obviously got too much money when they are throwing hundreds of millions of dollars at poo poo like this just to see what sticks.

Meanwhile heating subsidies for poor people in new england gets cut. It's madness.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I actually kind of like that it's just so upfront about things that are important to various people. It should also include weight and whether you have roommates/live with your parents.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
One of my 5 main interests is consuming everything that Crate and Barrel offers.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Finally, an app that'll help me figure out who keeps giving me that raging boner.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

What the...how does that app work? Do you manually input who you're aroused by or calmed by?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Akarshi posted:

What the...how does that app work? Do you manually input who you're aroused by or calmed by?

according to the article you are supposed to hook it up to a heart rate monitor.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

naem
May 29, 2011

Rode my bike to work next to a guy on an electric skateboard today

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

naem posted:

Rode my bike to work next to a guy on an electric skateboard today

Lol at biking to work and thinking that's somehow better.

naem
May 29, 2011

Professor Tomtom posted:

Um it's 65 and sunny and I got exercise?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Professor Tomtom posted:

biking gives you sensational legs

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Kobayashi posted:

I hate Uber with a fury, but you can't say it isn't a loving cash printing machine.

Revenues are not profits.

Since summer 2014, Uber has taken 1.8 billion in investments and another 1.6 billion in straight-up debt. It's very possible, even likely, that their outrageous revenues are driven by hilarious price subsidies.

They are very probably losing tens of millions a month.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

Kobayashi posted:

Finally, an app that'll help me figure out who keeps giving me that raging boner.

"OK so what we need next is three symbols on the bottom that are so confusing and inscrutable that no one will have any idea what they mean until they press them."

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Since summer 2014, Uber has taken 1.8 billion in investments and another 1.6 billion in straight-up debt. It's very possible, even likely, that their outrageous revenues are driven by hilarious price subsidies.

Good

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

They are also burning cash like crazy for special discount offers in order to kill the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Can we update the OP to reflect some of these idiotic trends like the elite dating services and dubious taxis and an app that tells you how you feel about a friend because you're so loving clueless you can't just interpret an emotional reaction?

• Locked thread