Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Thoren posted:

If Book Aizen somehow becomes the key to defeating Ywach I'm going to be pissed.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
My problem with the Fullbring arc was that it felt like an anime filler arc. The characters were strange and unprecedented, and haven't really been mentioned again since (I think?). It just all felt so out of place.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

brc64 posted:

My problem with the Fullbring arc was that it felt like an anime filler arc. The characters were strange and unprecedented, and haven't really been mentioned again since (I think?). It just all felt so out of place.

Also, it was supposed to be Chad's arc, but halfway through he started playing a video game and didn't show up again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Tunicate posted:

Also, it was supposed to be Chad's arc, but halfway through he started playing a video game and didn't show up again.

Chad is the Yamcha of Bleach, isn't he?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Covok posted:

Chad is the Yamcha of Bleach, isn't he?

Chad has won a fight.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bacontotem posted:

Chad has won a fight.

Yamcha beat the invisible man.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Covok posted:

Yamcha also beat Goku and got through the World Martial Arts Tournament preliminaries, Chad loving wishes he was Yamcha.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Chad loving wishes he was Yamcha.

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard. Ever.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Chad's a tough-as-nails human who stood too close to Radioactive Ichigo and got hollow tumors on his arms, but he's still only human. It would be stupid as gently caress if he were relevant in this series with immortal thousand-year-old ghosts with nukes in their swords.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Advice posted:

Chad's a tough-as-nails human who stood too close to Radioactive Ichigo and got hollow tumors on his arms, but he's still only human. It would be stupid as gently caress if he were relevant in this series with immortal thousand-year-old ghosts with nukes in their swords.

All the Quincies are humans with hollow tumors that take the shape of bows. Sword Ghosts are also mostly human, though they are dead humans.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Gyges posted:

All the Quincies are humans with hollow tumors that take the shape of being able to change the LD50 of your own blood to kill you remotely.

Chad jumps ahead by leaps and bounds every arc, SS arc Chad couldn't gently caress with current Chad for a split second. Give him another thousand years.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Chad hasn't actually had a fight in like 8 years

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

brc64 posted:

The fullbringers are chilling with Ichigo's cousin.

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~
So can I ask, when does Bleach finally finish?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Covok posted:

wrong

bulmas tits beat the invisible man

Prison Warden posted:

Yamcha also beat Goku and got through the World Martial Arts Tournament preliminaries, Chad loving wishes he was Yamcha.

No he didn't.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Bleach truly is the manga of broken story promises.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Prison Warden posted:

Chad loving wishes he was Yamcha.

Chad's girlfriend didn't leave him for the man responsible for his death.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

TenaciousJ posted:

Chad's girlfriend didn't leave him for the man responsible for his death.

Chad's never even had a girlfriend!

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Prison Warden posted:

Considering the selection available, I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Prison Warden posted:

The anime made it seem like he and Keigo had a thing (for one episode).

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Cynic Jester posted:

Considering the selection available, I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

Bleach is set in a universe where almost every woman has enormous titties.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

sharktamer posted:

yeah but they're all

1) dead
2) in love with ichigo
3) 100% forgotten and may be in 1 or 2 at this point for all we know

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

KingPave posted:

So can I ask, when does Bleach finally finish?

When you drink it.

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~

Lamebot posted:

When you drink it.

My greatest fear :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

sharktamer posted:

And the women who don't are the funniest characters.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

And the women who don't are the funniest characters.

Yoruichi

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yoruichi has big titties and is the funniest character, so she is the best character.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Kubo should just drop all pretense and have Yoruichi stark naked for the rest of the series. I'm pretty sure that's what he wants to do anyway.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Kubo should just drop all pretense and have Yoruichi stark naked for the rest of the series. I'm pretty sure that's what he wants to do anyway. everyone wants.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

Kubo should just drop all pretense and have Yoruichi stark naked for the rest of the series. I'm pretty sure that's what he wants to do anyway.

Please do not kill off Soi Fon like you are suggesting. She is cool and needs to appear more.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Soi Fon treating Yushiro like her spoiled little brother is the best thing ever, Soi Fon is the best.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

Soi Fon treating Yushiro like her spoiled little brother is the best thing ever, Soi Fon is the best.

Kubo is really good when he does little character moments like this. I wish Bleach wasn't so goddamn serious all the time and he did more of them. I mean, it's not as bad as Naruto got with melodrama but a manga with all of these absurd powers should really laugh at itself a bit more.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Kubo is really good when he does little character moments like this. I wish Bleach wasn't so goddamn serious all the time and he did more of them. I mean, it's not as bad as Naruto got with melodrama but a manga with all of these absurd powers should really laugh at itself a bit more.

I remember actively enjoying the series more when he started doing start that again, after most of the Arrancar stuff was just too serious about itself.

Truth be told it half feels like Kubo is more of a 'moments' kind of writer in general. Like, he can draw and write individual stuff well enough - at the very least, making it look cool - but making it come together as a cohesive whole is somewhat trickier, taking either too long or not keeping particularly consistent.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Here comes the startling revelation that Yhwach was a good guy all along :swoon:

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
It still amazes me how bleach can do absolutely nothing in 15 pages.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cynic Jester posted:

Here comes the startling revelation that Yhwach was a good guy all along :swoon:

That would actually be pretty awesome. There have been a lot of hints to this.

Hurray Kenpachi is back and apparently Urahara can intimidate him?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

New chapter: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Bleach/Bleach-613--The-Ordinary-Peace?id=219785

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

Darth TNT posted:

That would actually be pretty awesome. There have been a lot of hints to this.

I don't think thats what they were going for. It looked like he was about to circumvent Urahara the hard way until he got a firm talking to by Nanao.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Darth TNT posted:

I don't think he was intimidated. He's just learned to play nice with others and put some things ahead of joyful violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Uh well if Ywach is the Soul King's son, and he kills the Soul King, assuming it's a hereditary monarchy doesn't that make Ywach the Soul King now.

Wittgen posted:

I don't think he was intimidated. He's just learned to play nice with others and put some things ahead of joyful violence.

Or he's realized that Urahara is planning on giving him the opportunity for more violence.

• Locked thread