Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Fiveace Attorney posted:

its dumb but at least its throwing a bone to the fans after that godawful rumble

"we know you guys were mad about last night's PPV, which you paid for, so to make up for it, we're going to show the same matches you paid to watch, but for free"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Skunkrocker posted:

So I gotta ask, am I the only one who is legitimately upset about the replaying of a pay per view on free tv the very next day? Or the edited audio on the triple threat match reflecting the crowd being huge Cena fans when they were booing him out of the building? Seriously? Everyone on this forum is either cool with it or more upset by Roman Reigns winning the Rumble? I seem to be the only person upset by this.

I ordered the network just for the rumble. Eh, it's only $10 and I think everyone should see the way the rumble ended anyway.

If I paid $50, then I might be upset.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Skunkrocker posted:

So I gotta ask, am I the only one who is legitimately upset about the replaying of a pay per view on free tv the very next day? Or the edited audio on the triple threat match reflecting the crowd being huge Cena fans when they were booing him out of the building? Seriously? Everyone on this forum is either cool with it or more upset by Roman Reigns winning the Rumble? I seem to be the only person upset by this.

Sky in the UK and the Australian TV companies seem a bit pissed about it too.

Sky were still running "buy the replay of the rumble" during the commercials when they were showing the match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Skunkrocker posted:

last night cena was legitimately getting a 50/50 reaction during the spots with seth near the end of the match in spite of his cold reception to kick things off but no i'm not mad because for once i enjoyed raw

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

were you not reading the raw thread, there were a handful of people mad about that and most them were so mad they stopped posting and went to complain to their ppv provider if they bought from that instead

To be fair if you bought a WWE Pay-per-view for more than $9.99 you're an idiot and should be ashamed of yourself.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

yes you're right them re-playing an awful match that you pay $9 a month for is worse than the match being awful in the first place

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

To be fair if you bought a WWE Pay-per-view for more than $9.99 you're an idiot and should be ashamed of yourself.

jbl pls go

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
On a lighter note in the warm 'n fuzzy news: Bryan thanks everyone for all the support over the years :unsmith:

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
I'm looking forward to Cena/Rusev. Cena has already proven he can make great matches with Lesnar and Rusev is just as mobile and beastly. Should be awesome.

Does this mean they'll be no elimination chambers at this PPV then?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

KungFu Grip posted:

were you not reading the raw thread, there were a handful of people mad about that and most them were so mad they stopped posting and went to complain to their ppv provider if they bought from that instead

At this point if someone chooses to not use The Network after looking at the prices, hearing the song, and listening to commentary call them dumb for buying PPV, they probably deserve to watch the Royal Rumble twice even if their country doesn't get it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Fiveace Attorney posted:

its dumb but at least its throwing a bone to the fans after that godawful rumble

It's one of the most insulting things I've ever seen WWE do.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Skinty McEdger posted:

Sky were still running "buy the replay of the rumble" during the commercials when they were showing the match.

Anything that pisses Foxtel off is fine by me.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Under the vegetable posted:

i hope you mean the rumble

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Skinty McEdger posted:

Company. There's literally only one pay-TV provider here, and it's Fox. We would have cut the cable long ago if there was any other way of watching AFL matches in decent quality :(

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/realmickfoley/status/559942393693077505

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

NickRoweFillea posted:

thats a lot of words, that i will read now. did you write it?
Man I wish I was Chris Bird, that dude's about a billion times the writer I am.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
i know mick means well but its like hes never ever met or talked to vince in his life or something

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I guess I don't get all of the Roman hate from his first promo tonight. It wasn't terrible? They let him talk like a normal human and he sounded conversational and relatively comfortable, not like a doofus reciting shitball lines.

I'm in the camp of wishing it was Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, Bray, Rusev etc. winning last night and also agree that Roman has seriously cooled since the Shield breakup. He's not the best in the ring and his heavily scripted promos have been awful. But, I feel like the promo tonight was totally passable despite being really strange topically and not really being put together in a way that endears him to the fans who were booing him.

I feel like everyone is doing that thing where they just poo poo on him for anything now, even if he puts in a performance that isn't terrible.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Fiveace Attorney posted:

i hope you mean the rumble

Both the rumble and then immediately playing the rumble on TV, giving a double gently caress you to people who paid money to watch it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Fiveace Attorney posted:

i know mick means well but its like hes never ever met or talked to vince in his life or something

His brain's basically jelly so he might be forgetting those years if he stands up too quickly.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Fiveace Attorney posted:

i'm pretty sure Mick has very severe brain damage :smith:

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Fiveace Attorney posted:

It's the brain damage talking :ohdear:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Phenix Rising posted:

I guess I don't get all of the Roman hate from his first promo tonight. It wasn't terrible? They let him talk like a normal human and he sounded conversational and relatively comfortable, not like a doofus reciting shitball lines.

I'm in the camp of wishing it was Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, Bray, Rusev etc. winning last night and also agree that Roman has seriously cooled since the Shield breakup. He's not the best in the ring and his heavily scripted promos have been awful. But, I feel like the promo tonight was totally passable despite being really strange topically and not really being put together in a way that endears him to the fans who were booing him.

I feel like everyone is doing that thing where they just poo poo on him for anything now, even if he puts in a performance that isn't terrible.

The problem I have is yeah, it wasn't terrible. It was a solid midcard quality promo from a guy who has potential who should be working his way up the card. It was not in any way a promo I would expect from someone who is being crammed down my throat as the one to beat the one in twenty one and one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When it aired again it wasn't even the most insulting thing they did in that 24-hour span

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Vince account spotted

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE 24 loving ownedddddd

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Phenix Rising posted:

I feel like people are making GBS threads on Vince and creative rather than Roman.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I don't want Roman to look cool. I want him to be humble. Where's Sheiky baby?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mick is referencing the fact that he is texting buddies with Vince.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

Mick is referencing the fact that he is texting buddies with Vince.

So was CM Punk, and we all saw what happened to him.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Reigns doesn't deserve his spot, in more ways than one

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

electric funeral posted:

I feel like people are making GBS threads on Vince and creative rather than Roman.

im less angry at vince, creative, and roman and more angry that they have solid gold in people like bryan and ambrose and are too loving stupid to use it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

So was CM Punk, and we all saw what happened to him.

I don't think Vince can fire someone who doesn't work for him anymore, no matter how hard he tries or wishes he could.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Okay I get that is their mindset... but... that doesn't make sense. If you're throwing a bone because of the awful Rumble you admit the Rumble was bad. If you're doing it because Raw shut down due to the storms you're going to piss off everyone who paid $9.99 or more to watch the Rumble last night. And then further more editing it you straight up admit the Rumble was bad rather than presenting your product as it was, so either way they know they screwed up and their solution to fixing the problem was to screw up more? I don't get it, I just don't understand. It's still pissing me off, like it's 12:30 at night and I'm still angry. I just... I gave this company my money, and this is what they did with it! They flushed it all away and gave away a major event for free! And it wasn't even the same, they actually changed what had happened, lying to everyone who didn't see it live! And I seem to be the only person who is upset about this! That I think has got me more confused than anything else, like why aren't you mad? They straight up just said to the whole world "We took your money, we don't care. We're going to purposely make Cena look good post being poo poo on and we don't care. We're going to give you a reason to not want to ever subscribe to the Network, an entire infrastructure that we have invested a poo poo ton of our stock in and we don't care. gently caress the stockholders, gently caress our employees, gently caress USA and our Network service providers, gently caress the Board of Directors, gently caress Philadelphia, gently caress everyone subscribed to the Network, and especially gently caress you because as one of our diehard fans said earlier you're all a bunch of retarded faggots who will continue to give us money as we bluntly show off how much we don't loving care. And for only $9.99 we are going to get our money's worth."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Omally posted:

Reigns doesn't deserve his spot, in more ways than one

Weird how all the stuff about paying your dues etc etc go out the window for certain people.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pissed no one had the guts to ask the real question everyone's been wanting to hear! WHERE IS THE JUSTICE FOR AXEL?!

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't think Vince can fire someone who doesn't work for him anymore, no matter how hard he tries or wishes he could.

That reminds me of the Patrice O'Neal story he told about writing for WWE. Stephanie fired him personally one day and he was like "ok sure. peace." and she allegedly continued calling him for weeks to remind him he was fired, because he just didn't care in the way she wanted him to.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sportsgenius86 posted:

WWE 24 loving ownedddddd

not really, it was basically just any other saccharine half-hour doc

I dunno, I guess coming off the heels of MNW I was hoping for something with even the slightest hint of shoot to it. I did like the backstage stuff that it had, don't get me wrong, but it was still 60% footage from the actual show with lovely pop music over it.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Omally posted:

think of all the shoes you could buy for lady wrestlers with that network money

I retired the wishlist gimmick.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That reminds me of the Patrice O'Neal story he told about writing for WWE. Stephanie fired him personally one day and he was like "ok sure. peace." and she allegedly continued calling him for weeks to remind him he was fired, because he just didn't care in the way she wanted him to.

That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

dean and bryan are white hot and ziggler has been riding pretty goddamn high since survivor series. cesaro has been consistently over for an entire year and i dont think hes even once been a babyface. but i think the best thing to do is what we quasi planned forever ago and push the big guy with the long hair, mostly by having him sell a lot and not do any wrestling

• Locked thread