Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Thanks for the gamergate update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
He was tweeting about - and getting mocked for - that way before Gamergate, dude.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Anthony Burch has a hilariously pathetic life outside of video games but remember that he has a hilariously pathetic life in which he is filthy rich from putting his terrible writing in Borderlands games. The world is not a fair place.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

poptart_fairy posted:

He was tweeting about - and getting mocked for - that way before Gamergate, dude.

Then it's even less irrevelent because it isn't even recent. He's said that he regrets his past attitudes and regardless it's just a stupid thing to bring up.

I agree with the earlier comments about the dislike of Borderlands coming off as overblown and strangely fad like. It's not even a wildly popular series with an overbearing fan base e.g. Joss Whedon shows or Home stuck. You can avoid it entirely on the internet if you don't want to see it. :shrug:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The question was why people disliked Borderlands' writing and Anthony Burch, the answers involves these things. Sorry for besmirching your waifu I guess?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

poptart_fairy posted:

The question was why people disliked Borderlands' writing and Anthony Burch, the answers involves these things. Sorry for besmirching your waifu I guess?

There's a lot of answers, varying from person to person. Mine's just "eh they can do better". Not sure how, though. But there's room.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Burch owns because he pisses off idiot nerds

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Aurora posted:

Burch owns because he pisses off idiot nerds

:agreed:

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Borderlands 3: Tiny Tina all the time.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

lazerwolf posted:

Tiny Tina and Claptrap are the only playable characters in Borderlands 3, and are also the only voiced NPC's, the soundtrack is nothing but constant dubstep as well.

I just think Borderlands is a good and fun game and I enjoy being able to shoot very silly, angry men with very silly guns, the plot is secondary, literally secondary in BL1's case.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah, I never really payed much attention to the plot in these games. I just loved playing them. They were entertaining, over the top games.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

lazerwolf posted:

I support a grown-up Tiny Tina as a playable character only if her character class is "Bunker Master" and she has a tree dedicated to LARPing.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Ugh her middle ultimate skill is a killskill- something I've never really fancied in BL and even less useful in TPS

Does Jack's money is power skill work for money picked up by allies?

Relin fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 27, 2015

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

Another neat thing about that part is that Angel doesn't want Lilith going into the control core due to her being a siren but doesn't care if Maya goes in. :v:

I always felt like the whole world of BL2 was kind of subtly implying "Maya's not a real siren" the whole time. Like she's Diet Siren or something. Didn't they say outright at one point that Maya doesn't react to Eridium the way Lilith and Angel do at all?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

Krieg and Tiny Tina and Claptrap are the only playable characters in Borderlands 3

Fixed that for you.

I really just want more Krieg. Even if he's just a quest giver. (He'd be the best quest giver.)

Edit: They posted this on twitter: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/62463260

Apparently there's a bug with the Grinder in this patch where putting 3 purples in will crash your game. So be warned I guess.

Edit edit: Baroness trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bwvjKbIMRo :iceburn:

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 27, 2015

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Edit: They posted this on twitter: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/62463260

Apparently there's a bug with the Grinder in this patch where putting 3 purples in will crash your game. So be warned I guess.
:laffo: This game can't catch a break. Maybe it's karmic comeuppance for embezzling all that Colonial Marines money to make BL2.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Relin posted:

Ugh her middle ultimate skill is a killskill- something I've never really fancied in BL and even less useful in TPS

Does Jack's money is power skill work for money picked up by allies?

Yes, it does. I'm doing a double Jack run with Robojoe right now and while the stacks tick up pretty slowly you start to notice being really powerful at around 100 stacks. It's only a 25% damage boost but you do start to feel it. Finding cash is a pain though. there's less cash pickups in this game than you'd think. :v:

Also the other funny thinng is, dying itself doesn't reset your stacks. Spending money on the New-U machine however...

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

AirRaid posted:

Spending money on the New-U machine however...

You would think Jack could avoid that, since New-U's are Hyperion and all. But eh. Balance. Plus spending money on said machine spells out "you died", so.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

widespread posted:

You would think Jack could avoid that, since New-U's are Hyperion and all. But eh. Balance. Plus spending money on said machine spells out "you died", so.

It's important for all employees to support the company.

Captain Swiss
Jul 9, 2008

This thread needs to be about twenty percent cooler.

Relin posted:

Im not usually a fan of Killskills either, but as a Nisha player I can confidently say that this is straight up wrong. Some of Nisha's best skills are killskills and I rely on them to pump out ridiculous amounts of damage (in conjunction with other skills) in a short amount of time pretty much always. :colbert:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Kill skills are the best but I agree that TPS has less enemies and worse flow than the previous games so they're a bit less useful this time around.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
OK So Aurelia is awesome so far.

Her starting weapons are a Purple Jakobs sniper and a purple Hyperion pistol. And $38,000 in cash.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cool trailer, love the music that also appeared in Ride to Hell: Retribution. Can't wait to play as her.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
As someone who likes sniping dudes with absurdly powerful rifles, the Baroness is pretty goddamn rad so far.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm kind of mad about how much shittier the middle tree seems. Haven't had a lot of time to mess with it though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Why would I ever, ever play as the Baroness without this head? :allears:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

CJacobs posted:

Why would I ever, ever play as the Baroness without this head? :allears:

I went with the Grace Jones head right the gently caress away but that one may make me change when I get it

Also you PSN folks need someone to kill with, send a request to DrSmasher

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Well since they're hiring a new writer for BL3, looks like Burch is out. He wasn't even present or mentioned at all at Pax either.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Mikey Neuman still works for Gearbox and wrote a lot for BL2.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

watho posted:

Mikey Neuman still works for Gearbox and wrote a lot for BL2.

But I thought General Knoxx killed him! :o

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

These games have a story? I played borderlands and 2 and I can't really remember the story from either at all. TPS I get more of with the space laser but I still barely pay attention to it. I don't know what else is happening, with the other vault hunters.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Arrrrggghhh gently caress you give me a good gun for once god drat it. What is it with this game's Flakker fetish? Like half of the legendary drops I have ever got in this game have just been the Flakker. I don't want it, Borderlands, it's garbage and you know it!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh. Uh, thanks.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Laughing pretty hard at people still thinking that the Flakker is bad in 2015.

Though that is a quite bad one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The gun itself is alright if you get at the perfect mid-range that is not too close (because the projectiles don't start exploding for a while) and not too far away (because it's got loving terrible range) but it is 100% completely useless on the Baroness and this game has just made me stubbornly angry about its existence over my playtime anyway. The viral marketer is not much better on her but I appreciate the game's token apology anyway.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

watho posted:

Burch is a fantastic dialogue writer but he's not that good at coherent stories, if that makes sense.

FTFY

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Yeah, I'm bummed that Aurelia's middle tree got nerfed so bad, but I'm still having fun with her. Her DLC coming out also reminded me I have to finish the game as Doppleganger, I made it as far as the area before the Drakensburg and just gave up rather then have to go through that pointless backtrack-fest for the fifth loving time.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

myron cope posted:

These games have a story? I played borderlands and 2 and I can't really remember the story from either at all. TPS I get more of with the space laser but I still barely pay attention to it. I don't know what else is happening, with the other vault hunters.

I'm always bewildered by people saying Burch "ruined" Borderlands' story, I mean... it never was that good? It's like saying somebody ruined your Taco Bell burrito, I mean, it's possible, but... I mean, you were eating at Taco Bell. That's my metaphor and I'm sticking by it.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

mycot posted:

I think the only one that bugged me was Roland dying in one shot despite everything implying he should have a shield on.
If my player character than one-shot people in that situation, how hard is it to extrapolate that Jack can have a gun that powerful?

Also: People getting down on Aurelia's middle tree have not taken advantage of it fully. It's hilariously overpowered. If you use the trick to get the bonus weapons every time, just farm for a cryo Bullpup and build up Avalanche stacks. I just killed the final boss even faster than you could with the old Athena/Shooting Star trick. And I expect that, like Kreig's Mania tree, it was meant to be this ridiculous from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Yeah I underestimated how long avalanche lasts.

• Locked thread