Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Phone posted:

Hey Aussie goons, how on point is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFAOj8JVzo

Campbell Newman is that bad, pretty well made Queensland the laughing stock of Australia. Hopefully he will be voted out of government next weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Sorry to hear about another fallen AI pette, CT..I have a 10 year old white and black cat who is flat out insane..the thought of losing her makes me sick to my stomach. Best wishes..

Also sorry to hear about the cancer spreading torsk..I can't imagine what that's like to deal with..no words that feel uncliche, just glad you're still fighting hard.

Totally feel it on the workplace going to poo poo. We have such high turnover here already that we are always short staffed if even one person calls in at a site.

Now, because my program isn't getting enough money, they've changed it to a more "community based" approach, which for some reason means that those of us who work overnights are going to be required to work 12 hour shifts and every other weekend.

I was looking for an excuse to get out of this chickenshit outfit and this looks like as good a reason as any.

It's definitely been an education in government funding fuckery.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

all these ai'ers with genuine bullshit happening and im over here stewing in my unprovoked brain problems

im poo poo

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

all the angst of being poo poo on by life

none of the sympathy

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Brain problems aren't your fault either, don't feel bad for having your own demons. It's not like you decided "lol im just gonna be a sad sack today for funsies" or anything. poo poo's just as "real" and serious as ailments of the flesh.

Not that "Don't feel bad" really helped anyone ever. Hope you break the funk, but it takes a lot of effort to kill bad patterns. Best of luck in that, and if you have someone who you think can help you, don't feel bad for tapping them.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
In brighter news I have my first tinder date set up with a microbiologist, so maybe there is something to this thing other than random hookups. Now I just need to not be a goon a screw it up. I can't even remember that last real date I have been on.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

What Ral said. If I weren't medicated I wouldn't have enough "give a poo poo" to get out of bed. Even if meds aren't the answer, finding someone to talk to and vent at is always good.

That's why I like it here. Seems like everybody at some point has gone E/N in here and it seems most AI goons are understanding.

My problems are mostly work related and honestly, I work this job because it allows me more free time and a less physically strenuous environment than I'd have if I worked in a manufacturing or something similar. They're trying to take the easiness away from me personally..I can't imagine what it's like to my coworkers who have children or who are going to school.

Meh..I'll shut up..just..honestly feel like I'm lost..kinda scared of being unemployed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's a very real and adult fear. Don't worry or think that you're weird for being scared of being unemployed.

Whoever that guy is that keeps suggesting coors banquet, you have pretty okay tastes. I'm not a big beer guy, but it's better than the "San Tan Sex Panther" beer I bought along with it.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
San Tan sex panther is gross, and Coors banquet is a ripoff. It tastes like High Life but costs 4 times as much.

I just watched need for speed the movie. I like crappy action and car movies, but I just couldn't get into this one. It sucked and I wish I had my 2 hours back.

Cancer can sick a big one, keep fighting the good fight!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Phone posted:

Hey Aussie goons, how on point is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFAOj8JVzo

It is 100% completely and depressingly accurate. Campbell Newman is genuinely that loving retarded and Queensland voters that loving dumb. That cola mine is indeed thant much of a loving disaster in the making and yes, they are literally going to dredge the poo poo out of the GBR and destroy a good percentabe of it so coal ships can get to Abbott Point.

We have in QLD and federally (QLD is Newman and Federal is Tony Abbott) two absolute fukwits who in all honestly make the worst Republicans look competent and not evil. Abbott is literally trying to put in a US style hospital system, gently caress up the enviroment, put in place the worst off the US college system, remove any safetynet, gently caress over refugees, kiss the rear end of the monarchy and it just goes on and on and on. It's honestly getting beyond satire how hilariously hosed up they are and just how much they are out to assfuck anyone who isnt a miner.

The QLD mob were elected with such a huge majority last election that it's almost impossible to see them lose on Saturday (The opposition literally were reduced to the point they could put the entire party in parliment in a station wagon) but at the least Newman is likely to lose hs seat and be booted. Abbott we're probably stuck with for another year but it's looking more like he's going to be met with baseball bats at the next election.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Tell me how being a resource farm for China works out when their economy decides 10% growth per year isn't really sustainable, too bad neoliberals can't see beyond next quarter's profits and they'll all be dead/retired before any of the consequences are felt anyways

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I jumped on the meh.com Craig HDMI Android dongle last week.

I broked it trying to load another ROM on it. :doh: And I can't find any way to get it to take a fresh image. The upside is it was a whole $15 shipped, and came with a downright decent wireless keyboard that works fine with my PC (and a poo poo mouse). Since the TV is a 3rd monitor, mounted pretty much so I can only see it from the bed, the keyboard/mouse will come in handy. It actually seemed like a nice Android PC, just limited out of the box. It's stuck with a flashing power LED now. :sigh: But the wireless keyboard and mouse alone are worth far more than I paid for it, and will make a good second kb/mouse for when I'm laying bed and trying to do something I can't do with the IR remote. The keyboard is a lot better than I expected, the dongle itself was... ehhhhh, out of the box, almost nothing worked right.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Small secured credit card, charge a tank of gas on it each month, pay it all off when you get the statement. Get a small loan (especially if you have all the cash to pay it fully off if an emergency hit) and pay on it. All credit rating is is a look at when you borrow, do you pay it back. If you've never borrowed, you don't really have credits. Places like utility companies don't generally report payments, only lack of payments. Store cards (Sears, Best Buy, Victoria Secret, etc) are the same way. Good way to ruin your credit, but do nothing for you. As much as I hate to pimp Reddit out, their Personal Finance subreddit has some good info on how to build credit, starter credit cards that arent terrible, and a list of other things.

I have a Walmart store card - and it reports to all 3, monthly. Any store card handled by Synchrony Bank (Amazon, Walmart, plenty of others) should report to all 3. Walmart is dead easy to get a store card with; I've already gotten 2 credit limit increases, even the CSRs I've spoken to were shocked how fast they granted increases. It does help that you can pay your bill in person at any Wal-Mart if you have the card or your bill, and cash or a debit card to pay. A lot of stores have a Walmart.com self-service kiosk that also handles Walmart credit card payments (I stop by the Walmart Neighborhood Market at least once a week to feed cash into that machine, and it becomes available immediately - if you go through a human cashier, it seems to take 2-3 working days). I do this mostly because I get 5c/gal off at the Murphy USA gas station in their parking lot, and my car seems to absolutely love their gas for some reason.

I took a big hit in my credit score immediately after opening the card, especially since I maxed it out pretty much immediately, but I have 6 months of perfect payment history on it (and it's paid down to almost nothing right now). Also got a secured card about a month before, which also reports to all 3.

goatse guy posted:

That's why I am vegetarian and heading toward veganism. I can no longer justify an animal living that kind of existence just so that I can eat a burger.

I love cheese too loving much, but I'd like to either become vegetarian or pescitarian. Besides, i love offending people with methane, and beans do that quite well.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Fucknag posted:

all these ai'ers with genuine bullshit happening and im over here stewing in my unprovoked brain problems

im poo poo

Brain problems are no joke man. Your brain is what translates everything in the world into what you experience, and if it's hosed up, it will absolutely ruin your poo poo.

STR, you know it's like, absurdly easy to get cheese made in reputable dairies that treat their milch cows like the pampered moneymakers they are, right? Cheese can be relatively guilt free from a cruelty standpoint if you don't mind the price difference.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

rscott posted:

Tell me how being a resource farm for China works out when their economy decides 10% growth per year isn't really sustainable, too bad neoliberals can't see beyond next quarter's profits and they'll all be dead/retired before any of the consequences are felt anyways

It's already being felt, the next quarter profits are going bye bye as commodities tank. And this is where it really gets insane - mining you would think is some huge insane portion of GDP - its not! 4% or something silly like that, the GBR alone has a bigger impact on GDP via tourism. And even most of their rich rear end in a top hat business mates are telling them this is insane.

The problem is the biggest rear end in a top hat business mates are Gina Rhinehart and Rupert Murdoch who have far too bigger sway. Rhinehart because of her fuckoff kind of wealth and Murdoch... well.... do I need explain him? Those two say something, their political puppets repeat it.

quote:

STR, you know it's like, absurdly easy to get cheese made in reputable dairies that treat their milch cows like the pampered moneymakers they are, right?

What is nuts about the milk industry is that it is well known pampered cows produce up to twice the milk with better quality. It also costs three fifths of gently caress all to do. It's true across the animal produce industry too - treat the animals well, they put on more muscle, prduce better and larger egss, spawn better young etc. You literally make more money from not being needlessly cruel and it doesnt cost you all that much if anything in return.

But yet farm managers / businesses dont seem to grasp this fact. It's not like it's a thing that eventually happens over time, you can change just about overnight your production yield by applying some basic cruelty free practices. You can change a lovely yield farm into a high yield farm and improve quality so fast it's mindblowing..... it's been proven time and time again. But then you see stories of hosed up farms and you have to wonder what they were thinking because treating animals well = profit is farming 101

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 27, 2015

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Just booked a test ride in a Tesla S! Three weeks out, here's to hoping that there's no snow or ice so I can push it a bit.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I like to think we raise happy sheep on my farm. Well, I Know ive got one VERY happy sheep, cos the ram's just been tossed into the flock for his yearly rumpy pumpy session.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

bolind posted:

Just booked a test ride in a Tesla S! Three weeks out, here's to hoping that there's no snow or ice so I can push it a bit.

My dream car right here, until they release a wagon. Unlikely I'll ever afford one but tell us how it goes & how the interior hits you.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Got CenturyLink to send a tech that wasn't a lazy piece of poo poo out to look at my wiring, and what do you know, there was a problem after all! I'm irritated that it took almost 6 months to get this problem fixed, but whatever. Used to get download speeds of 1.2Mbit if I was lucky (and uploads of .04Mbit :stonklol: ). Now I can pull down nearly 8Mbit and my upload, while still not stellar, is orders of magnitude better than before (.83Mbit).

The tech confirmed what I had always suspected though: my neighbors and I all share one line, and the tech said usually each house would have their own dedicated line but CenturyLink was feeling lazy. So none of us are getting the speeds that we are paying out the nose for. gently caress CenturyLink so much.

fjelltorsk posted:

I will not go quietly into the night

Keep on fighting the good fight.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

My dream car right here, until they release a wagon. Unlikely I'll ever afford one but tell us how it goes & how the GIANT loving IPAD hits you.

Also for the test drive you need to be listening to the Tron Legacy soundtrack if anything at all. It fits perfectly. If I ever had the coin I'd have one without question, it's loving quick as well as stupidly quiet and comfortable as all gently caress. The one thing I noted about the S is that it's virtually invisible in terms of looks, it just looks like any other saloon car, people just don't stare at it. Until you put your foot down and fly off at a million mph with no noise at all... I actually followed one home a week or so ago and it didn't register what it was at all until I looked intently at the badge. It's weird.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

fjelltorsk posted:

I will not go quietly into the night

Good on ya, man. Kick that cancer's rear end.

bolind posted:

Nothing will prepare you for how fast a properly powerful electric car feels. The smoothness and silence really screws with your perceptions.

Also, take the test drive past where I live so I can bum a ride in a totally awesome car of the future.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Cat Terrist posted:

But yet farm managers / businesses dont seem to grasp this fact. It's not like it's a thing that eventually happens over time, you can change just about overnight your production yield by applying some basic cruelty free practices. You can change a lovely yield farm into a high yield farm and improve quality so fast it's mindblowing..... it's been proven time and time again. But then you see stories of hosed up farms and you have to wonder what they were thinking because treating animals well = profit is farming 101

It's mostly an issue in mega-agcorp owned factory farms these days, as they want a repeatable formula for making a product that has minimal variables, and a hangar packed with chickens at one per 8 inch square of floor with minimal ventilation and light creates a repeatable result in any environment.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Holdbrooks posted:

In brighter news I have my first tinder date set up with a microbiologist, so maybe there is something to this thing other than random hookups. Now I just need to not be a goon a screw it up. I can't even remember that last real date I have been on.

I've been on several dates through with girls through Tinder and I've not had a bad experience yet. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself or the situation and you'll have fun. When I get nervous or anxious, I talk incessantly, so I have to watch that so I don't talk some poor girl's ear off or overshare or something.

I just stepped back into dating after being married for 7+ years, and with the same woman for over 9, and it took me a couple of dates to kinda get unawkward about it.

Go have fun, Holdbrooks!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Geirskogul posted:

That's a very real and adult fear. Don't worry or think that you're weird for being scared of being unemployed.

Whoever that guy is that keeps suggesting coors banquet, you have pretty okay tastes. I'm not a big beer guy, but it's better than the "San Tan Sex Panther" beer I bought along with it.

I feel vindicated.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Far as I understand it GG had an involuntary AV change, commented on it, someone else changed it to a picture of a WRX, she mentioned her questionable legal problems with ownership due to familial troubles, Internet Tough guys happened and well then it got shut down.

It was a derail into a legitimate legal issue, and stupid goods were suggesting illegal things and being all sorts of faux-sexist about it.

I would have expected nothing else out of something awful dot com, I suppose.

I liked that thread, too. :/

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Unrelated to anything above - amazon is having a sale on a good selection of logitech gear, including the G27 wheel.

I'm going to buy a new mouse just to have a backup for the one I've been using for a few years (and is completely awesome/comfortable - performance mx mouse).

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Geirskogul posted:

Yeah sex panther is not particularly good, if you want a porter Huss brewing makes one called rice pudding porter that is pretty legit, if a little sweet.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

ssjonizuka posted:

Unrelated to anything above - amazon is having a sale on a good selection of logitech gear, including the G27 wheel.

I'm going to buy a new mouse just to have a backup for the one I've been using for a few years (and is completely awesome/comfortable - performance mx mouse).

I use a G700s mouse, that Logitech sent as a replacement for a G700 that dropped a button... both mice see a lot of use and abuse and I absolutely recommend them.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

Late to the "gently caress Cancer" movement, but seriously. gently caress Cancer.

I got notified that I was selected for a screening before a real job (that actually has to do with my degree) interview soon, so things are looking pretty good for me!

Also, Holdbrooks, come play disc golf with me.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

meatpimp posted:

I use a G700s mouse, that Logitech sent as a replacement for a G700 that dropped a button... both mice see a lot of use and abuse and I absolutely recommend them.

don't think that one is in their list, but even the m series mobile mice are good too, for dirt cheap/disposable mice. One is at the office and sees regular use (well, used to. I haven't been to the office in about 2 weeks now), the other lives in my bag for the rare moments I work from someplace that isn't home.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Geirskogul posted:

San Tan just has poo poo beer in general. If you're in AZ stop by their restaurant and order one of their stuffed burgers because holy poo poo mind blowing good but skip their beer.

Edit: Haha, just saw your sn, yeah you're local. My bad. :)

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

General Wiggles posted:

Late to the "gently caress Cancer" movement, but seriously. gently caress Cancer.

I got notified that I was selected for a screening before a real job (that actually has to do with my degree) interview soon, so things are looking pretty good for me!

Also, Holdbrooks, come play disc golf with me.

Where are you at? I'm working on my next goon trip.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Found out my dashcam does go into emergency recording mode during heavy braking as advertised.

Small child attempted to get peugot stamped on its face by walking out in front of me without looking.
Fortunately I had seen the kid not paying attention a long way in advance and had my foot over the brake already but it was still a heart in the mouth moment.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Woke up from surgery two hours ago, my mom had brought my kids to the room i was recovering in and they where in there when i woke up... on a bed with no cover, in a short gown.....

with the most misplaced erection ever.

Thanks mom

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

fjelltorsk posted:

Woke up from surgery two hours ago, my mom had brought my kids to the room i was recovering in and they where in there when i woke up... on a bed with no cover, in a short gown.....

Thanks mom

THIS ERECTION WILL NOT GO QUIET INTO THE NIGH- "hi kids"

(I am rooting for you buddy!)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

fjelltorsk posted:

Thanks mom

Perhaps you misunderstood... we didn't want you to literally gently caress cancer, we were speaking euphemistically.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fjelltorsk posted:

the most misplaced erection ever.
They reset your BIOS, that's a Power On Self Test.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

InitialDave posted:

New favorite description of morning-wood, right there. :haw:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

fjelltorsk posted:

As far as I can remember I don't think I've ever woken up from surgery with an erection but half the time I don't remember the half hour or more after waking up. It does mean at least some things are working though so that's a good sign. But why the hell did they put you in a bed with no cover? Hospitals are always freezing, I'm constantly bugging them for warm blankets.

InitialDave posted:

Perfect

Knoxville got snow last night, nothing compared to snowpocolypse or whatever they're calling it. Half inch on the driveway, inch in the grass and about the same on the cars. Roads were fine for the most part other than back roads and parking lots I found to play in. Dunlop Star Specs make great snow tires as long as you plan on sliding most of the time. If I would have known we were getting snow I would have had one of the RWD cars ready to go instead.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

InitialDave posted:

hahahahaha this is loving great.

More good 2015 news. Signed for an apartment in Berkeley this morning.

CSB is penetrating the bay area motherfuckers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

hahahahaha this is loving great.

More good 2015 news. Signed for an apartment in Berkeley this morning.

CSB is penetrating the bay area motherfuckers!

The cali earthquakes were bad enough as is

• Locked thread