Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

majormonotone posted:

Really? Do you have a source? I mean, I trust you about as much as I can trust anyone who posts in the Wii U thread on Something Awful dot com, it just doesn't seem like the price went any lower and I haven't seen any copies in stores since like 2008.

They started showing up around August of last year:

The white Nintendo logo on the front cover, the revised ESRB logo and the "2014 Nintendo" on the back are the most obvious indicators. They're not really any cheaper, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Claymation Kirby is gonna own

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The white Nintendo logo on the front cover, the revised ESRB logo and the "2014 Nintendo" on the back are the most obvious indicators. They're not really any cheaper, either.

Ugh.

My copy of this went missing a little while ago and I'm so pissed off by it. I really want to play it again.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Austrian mook posted:

It's good that they're gonna repair it, so you should be fine. From what I've heard it shouldn't take any longer than a month, Majora's Mask 3D is gonna come out pretty soon so maybe try playing that to tide you over?

Thanks. I've got MM3D (and an N3DS) preordered, but I just bought Hyrule Warriors today so it's hard not to be bummed out.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

I'm comparing that to the copy I bought at launch, and the logo on my version is white as well, but the ESRB logo and "2014 Nintendo" are notably different. The table at the back bottom featuring the "Important" notification, Dolby sound, and copyright info are arranged a bit differently as well.

It's weird that these reprints are a thing at all, and that GameStop apparently has enough pull to get Nintendo game reprints like that.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It should be of no surprise that Gamestop has the ability to get Nintendo to reprint something. Gamestop is essentially Nintendo's best friend at this point.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNGY_fvXUCY

Could seriously listen to this on repeat for the rest of my life and never get sick of it.

Twoson has my favorite town theme but Onett's theme is a fine way to introduce you to the strange new world you're about to explore.

Earthbound just makes me happy in general. :)

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Claymation Kirby is gonna own

the hype is real.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I have a confession to make, I've started Earthbound several times over the last 20-some years and I have yet to finish it once.
But 2015 will be the year, guys. This will be the year I finish Earthbound.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like the lyrics though.

Speaking of Mother 3's composer guess what other game he worked on it's Rainbow Curse make sure you buy it wii-u thread!!

I got a 15% off coupon from Toys R Us in the mail, so I'm definitely gonna pre-order it from them and sell the Kirby amiibo for maximum savings since I already have one.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 27, 2015

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I think we need a trigger warning in the OP.

TW: noirstronaut posts here. #poo poo #piss #dothemario
Noirstronaut's posts deeply offend me, but there are posters who post in this thread whose posts offend me far more. So no TW, sorry.

Help Im Alive posted:

It looked kinda neat at the treehouse thing last year, I dunno why you're so into it though
I deeply enjoy games that control in that manner, and Nifflas has made and continues to make some of my favorite games ever.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 27, 2015

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

raditts posted:

sell the Kirby amiibo for maximum savings since I already have one.

Give it some sweet sharpie angry eyes and sell it as a custom amiibo for extra bux.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm comparing that to the copy I bought at launch, and the logo on my version is white as well, but the ESRB logo and "2014 Nintendo" are notably different. The table at the back bottom featuring the "Important" notification, Dolby sound, and copyright info are arranged a bit differently as well.

It's weird that these reprints are a thing at all, and that GameStop apparently has enough pull to get Nintendo game reprints like that.

They did a couple other reprints at the same time: NPC Pikmin, Animal Crossing Wii, maybe something else, I forget.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

raditts posted:

I have a confession to make, I've started Earthbound several times over the last 20-some years and I have yet to finish it once.
But 2015 will be the year, guys. This will be the year I finish Earthbound.

I'm a fair distance in I'm sure I'll finish this time too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, Best Buy has ZombiU for $10 new and $3 used:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zombiu-nintendo-wii-u/5743611.p?id=1218690247387&skuId=5743611
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/zombiu-pre-owned-nintendo-wii-u/7053057.p?id=1218828184299&skuId=7053057

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
That's a good deal for a good game. Enjoy Ubisoft games from back when they used to have a QA department.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
All this talk about Mother and Earthbound made me remember that, weird as it is, the Smash Bros remix of Bein' Friends is probably my favorite of all. It probably has to do with having played Melee before any of the actual Mother games, though.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I really hate zombies. Is ZombiU good enough for me to look past them

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Furthermore is Resident Evil Revelations a good game, nobody has answered me yet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNGY_fvXUCY

Could seriously listen to this on repeat for the rest of my life and never get sick of it.

Just noticed Ness in the Starman there. :3:

Also, please dont trigger my inner 11 year old heart when I rented that game for 2 months (on a 3 day rental) and falling in love with every single thing (thankfully the rental included the guide).

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nolgthorn posted:

Furthermore is Resident Evil Revelations a good game, nobody has answered me yet.

yes

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Nolgthorn posted:

Yeah it's good

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

how dare you even post this notorious bad poster

ugh i hate even reading this

just looking at the word makes me vomit

"yes"

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

majormonotone posted:

I really hate zombies. Is ZombiU good enough for me to look past them

I'm burned out on zombie stuff in general, but I still enjoyed ZombiU. Mostly because it's not just a run-and-gun FPS. It's the first game I played in a long time that actually felt like a survival horror game.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nolgthorn posted:

It was just ok

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Nolgthorn posted:

I liked it more than 6 because it felt closer to what I expected out of Resident Evil, particularly towards the beginning.

My only major gripe was that the counter move was finicky. You could ignore it for most of the game but then the final boss required it so you had to get good in a hurry or die.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

You can get Other M for 2.50, and Zombie U is a million times better. Well, that would make it 0, so I'll just say that it's much much better. If you own a Wii U you owe it your yourself to get this game, especially at this price.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Didn't Revelations have control stick issues on Wii U or were those fixed?

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I found this gem on tumblr

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hey French people, why did NOE change Dedede's name to "Dadidou"?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Soda Popinski is a goddamn monster.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Didn't Revelations have control stick issues on Wii U or were those fixed?

The aiming feels weird so I'm guessing no. Or maybe it was even weirder before I don't know.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Watrick posted:

I found this gem on tumblr

There's such a thing as too much battle damage

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Hey French people, why did NOE change Dedede's name to "Dadidou"?
is this why Kirby Rainbow Curse is delayed until Q3 in Europe

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kirby's delayed because NOE hates Kirby for some reason and still delays Kirby games even as they're approaching release parity with pretty much everything else.

The "Roi Dadidou" thing just came from listening to all the EU Smash announcer clips. The Spanish announcer reads Ike as "ee-kay" for some reason.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 27, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kirby's delayed because NOE hates Kirby for some reason and still delays Kirby games even as they're approaching release parity with pretty much everything else.

We never did get the anniversary collection. :negative:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We never did get the anniversary collection. :negative:

I had forgotten about it since recently, why must you open old wounds? :negative:

Fix posted:

Soda Popinski is a goddamn monster.

Yes.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The quarterly investors meeting is today, that might provide some interesting hastily translated out of context Iwata quotes news.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Will this be the day that Iwata finally admits it was a mistake to declare Charizard the ultimate Pokemon?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Actually he'll be announcing the new Retro game: Donkey Kong Country Returns: Charizard's Challenge, which will reveal for the first time Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong are both Pokemon, and by extension every event in the Mario franchise as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

greatn posted:

Actually he'll be announcing the new Retro game: Donkey Kong Country Returns: Charizard's Challenge, which will reveal for the first time Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong are both Pokemon, and by extension every event in the Mario franchise as well.

If Diddy Kong evolves into Donkey Kong, where does that leave DK Jr.?

• Locked thread