Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Xander77 posted:

You can in fact stealth through most of the area by sticking to the left side - let the one guy run into the toilet, then sneak through the crates. You can take out the patrols / isolated guards with throwing knives, and that should give you enough dynamite to deal with an actual firefight.

Alternately, play Redux instead :)

What does Redux change in that regard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

FrickenMoron posted:

What does Redux change in that regard?

It puts in Last Light's stealth system, which actually works well and is significantly more satisfying than the one on 2033.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Okay, here's the video of most of the intro/tutorial for Dying Light:

http://youtu.be/fD61YOoUyxI

Crappy quality video, which I chalk up to using Open Broadcaster, and not taking the time to figure out how to record good-looking gameplay clips.

But in person, the game is fantastic!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Palpek posted:

Also it has just been officially confirmed that the Steam economist is Greece's new Finance Minister :gaben:.

The master plan revealed; Greece is also being renamed to Gabenopolis...

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

NaDy posted:

It puts in Last Light's stealth system, which has simple, popular, and easily exploitable rules
Correct.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

"Did you guys know that Valve once hired Greece's Finance Minister to analyze TF2's hat market?" -the version of events that will be now in circulation.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but whenever I try to boot Grim Fandango Remastered, I get this error message:

quote:

Process: launchd [24063]
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/GrimFandango.app/Contents/MacOS/GrimFandango
Identifier: com.doublefine.grim
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [138]

Date/Time: 2015-01-27 09:17:11.111 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 466996 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 12
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 12
Anonymous UUID: 6C4F59AE-8F44-4386-97FF-C5A5F1382E8E

Crashed Thread: Unknown

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000008fe01030

Backtrace not available

Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
eax: 0x00000000 ebx: 0x00000000 ecx: 0x00000000 edx: 0x00000000
edi: 0x00000000 esi: 0x00000000 ebp: 0x00000000 esp: 0x00000000
ss: 0x00000023 efl: 0x00010202 eip: 0x8fe01030 cs: 0x0000001b
ds: 0x00000023 es: 0x00000023 fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000000
cr2: 0x8fe01030
Logical CPU: 1

Binary images description not available

External Modification Summary:
Calls made by other processes targeting this process:
task_for_pid: 1
thread_create: 0
thread_set_state: 0
Calls made by this process:
task_for_pid: 0
Calls made by all processes on this machine:
task_for_pid: 30210

Any ideas? I'm running it on a late 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz processor with 4 G RAM.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

:raise:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but whenever I try to boot Grim Fandango Remastered, I get this error message:

Any ideas? I'm running it on a late 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz processor with 4 G RAM.

Validate game cache if you haven't already.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

He's been doing that for a while now. Who knows :shrug:

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Palpek posted:

"Did you guys know that Valve once hired Greece's Finance Minister to analyze TF2's hat market?" -the version of events that will be now in circulation.

I heard Greece is moving to a F2P economy, but with a P2W food, cosmetics and weapons market.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So, did they fix Grim Fandango's controls in the remake? I'm thinking of buying it but I can't deal with tank controls.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Elman posted:

So, did they fix Grim Fandango's controls in the remake? I'm thinking of buying it but I can't deal with tank controls.

Yes. There's a point and click control option that works great.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

KoldPT posted:

Varoufakis isn't exactly 'unorthodox' but yeah it's gonna be amazing to see greece come back from the crisis by selling hats and crates

I think the 'proper' term is heterodox, which some people categorize Varoufakis as.

This assumes 'orthodox' as Neo-classical/American school: supply demand curve tends towards an equilibrium or people are rational agents. IE stuff that doesn't necessarily gel with reality.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Yes. There's a point and click control option that works great.

Sounds like an instant buy then!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Eruonen posted:

Validate game cache if you haven't already.

Been there, did that twice. I also uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Been there, did that twice. I also uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.

The games Steam page mentions requiring Mavericks which I think was 10.9? That might be at least part of the problem.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Dead or Alive 5 on Steam just got delayed. It'll come out on March 30th, still without online at launch.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Dementropy posted:

Okay, here's the video of most of the intro/tutorial for Dying Light:

http://youtu.be/fD61YOoUyxI

Crappy quality video, which I chalk up to using Open Broadcaster, and not taking the time to figure out how to record good-looking gameplay clips.

But in person, the game is fantastic!

So you're out to take down an Arab terrorist in possession of a bio-weapon the middle of a zombie infestation... and all your friends and allies in the tutorial are Arabs. I wonder if they're going somewhere stupid with this.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Zombie infestation taking down the world: We still need to get those drat Arabs.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ekster posted:

I remember the 'tough choices' in Splinter Cell: Blacklist, an otherwise excellent game, having absolutely no relevance to anything as far as I could tell.

I remember in Blacklist where Sam Fischer got really angry and overcame nerve gas. The rest of the game was cool too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah in Blacklist you can kill/spare basically all of the cutscene hostage people and it has quite literally no bearing on anything, they didn't even put in a token cheevo for going one way or the other. It's funny to me that they even bothered to give you the choices at all because they always happen AFTER Sam has gotten his necessary information, meaning they are of no more use to him anyway so what he does with them doesn't even matter.

edit: Also, one of those guys is like impaled on a pole or something and Sam's choices are to either mercy kill him or leave him to suffer because he's a terrorist, but if you leave him to suffer he just dies in the 10 seconds it would have taken Sam to shoot him and it's like come on. :effort:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 27, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Terminally Bored posted:

Dead or Alive 5 on Steam just got delayed. It'll come out on March 30th, still without online at launch.

Aww, now it's gonna take even longer for the nude patch! :(

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They need the extra time to port the 360/PS3 engine to PC.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

He's been doing that for a while now. Who knows :shrug:
If I had to guess, he probably lost a Toxx somewhere.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

I remember in Blacklist where Sam Fischer got really angry and overcame nerve gas. The rest of the game was cool too.

Pretty sure he got rescued by his tsundere colleague Briggs.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Blacklist is pretty cool but the story is insane. Par for the course for a Tom Clancy game really.

The crossbow was cool.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Since we were just talking about Guild Wars 2, did they ever fix the living world stuff?

Last time I came back, some guy ran up to my character and started telling me how awesome I was for fighting Scarlet something or other, and how they still needed me help defeating her whatevers. Problem being I hadn't played the game since release, so the last thing I did was fight Zhaitan, and I had NO IDEA who he was talking about.

I tried checking around for all the story stuff leading up to her existing, but apparently they remove all traces of it as soon as the event is over, meaning if you haven't been playing daily since release, you can't actually catch back up with the plot. All I could do was the new event to fight her creatures, which led to me finishing all the quests about doing so on that day, then having to wait a whole week to the next Monday to see the next stage.

Needless to say I thought that was super loving stupid, and didn't want to tie myself to GW2 for the rest of my life just to see the story stuff, so I stopped playing and haven't touched it since. It seems baffling to me that they've added almost double the base games worth of content to the game since launch, and then removed it all so you can't have seen it unless you were playing the game when it came out. Surely they must have added some way to go through all the old content again since then? Hell, the quests I got were 100% focused on if I participated in the last event, even though I hadn't touched the game in years, so it seemed you couldn't even get into it that way.

It's the sole reason I'm not excited for this expansion. I have no idea what happened since I stopped playing since I CAN'T SEE IT IN GAME, and can apparently only see it through wiki trawling.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Rookersh posted:

Since we were just talking about Guild Wars 2, did they ever fix the living world stuff?

Last time I came back, some guy ran up to my character and started telling me how awesome I was for fighting Scarlet something or other, and how they still needed me help defeating her whatevers. Problem being I hadn't played the game since release, so the last thing I did was fight Zhaitan, and I had NO IDEA who he was talking about.

I tried checking around for all the story stuff leading up to her existing, but apparently they remove all traces of it as soon as the event is over, meaning if you haven't been playing daily since release, you can't actually catch back up with the plot. All I could do was the new event to fight her creatures, which led to me finishing all the quests about doing so on that day, then having to wait a whole week to the next Monday to see the next stage.

Needless to say I thought that was super loving stupid, and didn't want to tie myself to GW2 for the rest of my life just to see the story stuff, so I stopped playing and haven't touched it since. It seems baffling to me that they've added almost double the base games worth of content to the game since launch, and then removed it all so you can't have seen it unless you were playing the game when it came out. Surely they must have added some way to go through all the old content again since then? Hell, the quests I got were 100% focused on if I participated in the last event, even though I hadn't touched the game in years, so it seemed you couldn't even get into it that way.

It's the sole reason I'm not excited for this expansion. I have no idea what happened since I stopped playing since I CAN'T SEE IT IN GAME, and can apparently only see it through wiki trawling.

They changed the system to be more like chapters that unlock if you log on once during the two weeks the chapter is "live" with almost all the story stuff happening in personal instances. At any point in time you can go back to play chapters for achievements, gear, etc If you do happen to not log in while the story is live its only 200 gems to purchase a chapter.

To catch up just check out the story summaries in the GW 2: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World#Summaries

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Steam Curators are mostly a batch of screeching streamers and #GamerGaters, but some of them are all right

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Everblight posted:

Steam Curators are mostly a batch of screeching streamers and #GamerGaters, but some of them are all right

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Everblight posted:

I'm glad you enjoy my curations.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Is any Brit willing to trade a copy of Gang Beasts for CSGO keys?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Everblight posted:

There is a gamergate curator bumping up any games "penalized by feminist reviewers." Of course it recommends stuff that's utter garbage outside of any sexism.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I've only played through the prologue so far but I'm really enjoying Witcher 2. The story/dialogue is so much better than Witcher 1 and the combat is pretty fun.

My only complaint is it's a pretty demanding game performance-wise. I'm getting texture flickering too. Is there anything I can do to really improve the performance outside of the game settings?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ekster posted:

Pretty sure he got rescued by his tsundere colleague Briggs.

Remember when you play as Briggs the first time as a first person shooter then the next time as identical to Sam's gameplay? That ruled.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I aksed in the Dying light thread so I thought I'd ask here too.

I'm trying to use GMG voucher code: HYEHZ0-GNKD1A-GFNGMQ for dying light but it doesn't accept it. Is it because I'm in Canada and it's invalid there?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That was pretty much a mini-demo of Spies vs. Mercs, as Mercs traditionally have been played in that way.

I'd love to try Spies vs. Mercs in Blacklist as it seems like it would be cool with all the new toys, but my connection is so poo poo to make most multiplayer unworkable for me :(

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The first time I was presented with a hard decision in Blacklist, it was some mission briefing where Grim was all like "SAM WE NEED MORE TIME TO PLAN" and Sam was like "gently caress I WANT TO SNEAK NOOOOWWW" and I decided to give Grim more time and I thought I was being all diplomatic so I did some side missions and then came back and the exact same "SAM WE NEED MORE TIIIIMMMEE" cutscene played and it turned out that there's no point to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

That was pretty much a mini-demo of Spies vs. Mercs, as Mercs traditionally have been played in that way.

I'd love to try Spies vs. Mercs in Blacklist as it seems like it would be cool with all the new toys, but my connection is so poo poo to make most multiplayer unworkable for me :(

That's a shame. The multiplayer is really pretty good. Though I could say the same for the rest of the game too

• Locked thread