Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

i love you tumblr, never change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Does Tumblr think that booing Roman Reigns supports dysmorphobia?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Voting with your wallet discriminates poor people and people who are bad with money.

Check your privilege, WWE Universe.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please don't steal from my website.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I can't imagine a Venn diagram of "Cena fans", "Pays for the Network without parental help" and "Likes Ambrose/Daniel/Ziggler" intersecting at all, at least with the Cena part.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They're right, he's not the Rock. That much is painfully obvious.

E: I'm also very glad he's the only Roman Reigns. I couldn't deal with more than one.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Je suis Roman Reigns :911:

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is dumb fantasy booking ok?

Well if we're gonna lovely fantasy book, have Rollins cash in and win somewhere between now and then, and have Reigns/Rollins main ev... HRRRRNG

gently caress it, I can't finish.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

dude on reddit posted:

TNA only comes second to NXT right now to be honest. They are the only promotion in the world to have wrestlers that actually look like wrestlers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TNA: We Are Wrestling with wrestlers that look like wrestlers.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

what makes a wrestler in tna look more like a wrestler than wrestlers elsewhere

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cardboard Box posted:

Jacked and tall?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Sanguinia posted:

Then I realized that it's literally the loving "Vikki exposes the John Cena/AJ fraternization scandal" angle and I actually felt my gag reflex kick in.

no you didnt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

The look of financial instability

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

The look of financial instability

Literally hungry looking wrestlers

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

super macho dude posted:

Je suis Roman Reigns :911:

Ceci n'est pas un Roman.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave actually put over TNA on Observer Radio today, saying that Impact was better than Raw in 2014.

Let's see if Mecca acknowledges this or just continues on with their "Shave Shitzer hates TNA!!!" hivemind.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Dave actually put over TNA on Observer Radio today, saying that Impact was better than Raw in 2014.

Let's see if Mecca acknowledges this or just continues on with their "Shave Shitzer hates TNA!!!" hivemind.

In a year where their ratings kept dropping to the point where SpikeTV told them to gently caress off, a year where they put Dixie through a table despite Spike's insistence they not do it, Dixie used a typhoon to promote James Storm, everything about Willow, and that was better? :psyduck:

I haven't seen RAW in years. How bad has it become because holy poo poo

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

DJExile posted:

In a year where their ratings kept dropping to the point where SpikeTV told them to gently caress off, a year where they put Dixie through a table despite Spike's insistence they not do it, Dixie used a typhoon to promote James Storm, everything about Willow, and that was better? :psyduck:

...not that bad, Raw in 2014 was lovely but the show had it's good moments. Also you forgot to mention Vince Russo secretly writing for them against Spike being very clear they don't want him around. Fake beard Dixie was also pretty bad.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DJExile posted:

Impact was generally less offensive than Raw from the NYC tapings through the end of the year but i dont really blame anyone for continuing to not care about it. That first half of the year was really bad though

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Skunkrocker posted:

...not that bad, Raw in 2014 was lovely but the show had it's good moments. Also you forgot to mention Vince Russo secretly writing for them against Spike being very clear they don't want him around. Fake beard Dixie was also pretty bad.

At its best, Raw has about 20 minutes of good stuff in a 3 hour card. The terrible far outweighs the good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dsriggs posted:

At its best, Raw has about 20 minutes of good stuff in a 3 hour card. The terrible far outweighs the good.

This was objectively untrue for about 75% of the year.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
"Impact is better than RAW" wouldn't be a thing if RAW was still 2 hours.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IronCladBurrito posted:

Well if we're gonna lovely fantasy book, have Rollins cash in and win somewhere between now and then, and have Reigns/Rollins main ev... HRRRRNG

gently caress it, I can't finish.

They may do that if Lesnar's contract issue isn't figured out.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I voted for Raw for worst show on both my WO and PSP ballots. Impact may be a worse show (i don't watch it), but Raw was inexcusably terrible for the majority of the year when you conisder that they're actually able to put on an enjoyable show when they pull their heads out of their asses.

Impact's bad because TNA's bad and they deserve worst promotion more than worst show imo.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 27, 2015

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

yea Impact just sucks. Raw goes out of its way to constantly prevent itself from being good, even in the face of very obvious ways to give people what they want.

It's like getting a lovely steak at an Applebees vs. at a nice steakhouse.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

when you look at the fact that raw is the flagship show of the top wrestling promotion in the world it makes it come across a lot worse

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If I sit down to watch a full Raw, I will be miserable for approximately 3 hours.

If I sit down to watch a full Impact, I will be miserable for approximately 2 hours and can spend the extra hour doing something that makes me not miserable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

Ever since he got involved with a couple of newLegacy's charity events, I feel super bad when people talk about Russo negatively and kind of wish he'd get more props for doing decent things like that.

That is my stupid wrestleman opinion. One of them anyway.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

russo is a racist, a misogynist and a pathological liar who doesn't take blame for anything.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Impact also has a really big ironically entertaining factor 75% of the time whereas Raw is often just dull as gently caress.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardboard Box posted:

russo is a racist, a misogynist and a pathological liar who doesn't take blame for anything.

this. Dude is a ball of bad things that occasionally rolls into good things.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The thing I find with Russo is that, even if his ideas are terrible, he is honestly trying to make things better. Like he wants guys to get over, he wants the show to be a success. He goes about it in the worst way, but he's going for it.

Contrast that with a guy like Bischoff, where his TNA tenure felt like him not really caring at all. I'm not sure why he was even there, I guess they just shoved a bunch of money his way and he just took it and tried to make some contacts at Spike?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Russo is a dogshit fraud and the worst booker in wrestling history.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

Impact also has a really big ironically entertaining factor 75% of the time whereas Raw is often just dull as gently caress.

Yeah, this. Impact is hilariously bad, Raw is aggressively mediocre. The difference is I usually don't watch Raw live unless I feel like participating in the GDT, and otherwise I just skim through the show to the good/interesting parts, while for Impact I just read spoilers and laugh at it so I don't have to watch it.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Vince Russo is Wrestling's Ed Wood, and when Tim Burton finally makes the long awaited movie about him, people attitudes will change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Smackdown is worse than RAW and Impact.