Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Serifina posted:

How well does CCO work with SPERG?

quote:

Skyrim Modding/Troubleshooting: (Almost) Everything Works With SPERG

It's true. But yeah, I've used it with SPERG plenty and it's fine. As long as you're letting SPERG handle the perks, everything else will get along pretty well with it. Just make sure to get Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade and not the original CCO.

Edit: vvv Pretty sure that's it. Haven't used it either, but I've heard only good things about its gameplay.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

Red Mundus posted:

Does anyone remember that mod that changes the final boss of the game into this multi-level battle? Is it worth using?

Do you mean this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53350/

I haven't used it myself, can't comment on it, though.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Welp, I finally managed to break my horribly overlevelled Orc Vampire Lord Pro Wrestler run - something about the sequence of re-killing my dead thralls (Arch-Curate Vyrthur and Bashnag) and then doing Promises To Keep, having to console in Louis LeTrush because he apparently spawned underground, extorting both my payment and the horse from him, and then fast-travelling using said horse caused my dead-thrall corpses to disappear and a spectral staff to appear... which immediately attacked anything nearby. It killed my loving chickens at Heljarchen Hall. :argh:

So, building a fresh modset for a :catdrugs::ninja: - I've got a couple Skooma mods to choose from, and I found some neat unarmed/martial-arts mods - one might be kind of overpowered: Arcane Fists, which is a set of melee-affecting spells.

Arcane Fists posted:

Aspect of Thunder: Azura's Wrath / Skyfall (MB)
A shock explosion dealing 12.5 pts damage / 17.5 pts if spent in Augmented perk on each impact.
-While damaging, you have 30% chance to strike a Chain Lightning/Chain Stunning.
-While damaging, you have 25%% chance to strike a Lightning Swipe.
-While damaging, you have 12% to shout a Storm Call.
-While damaging, you have 10% Pulsing Nerves.
-While damaging, you have 5% chance to call an Aspect of Storm (Storm Atronach) to aid you.
-Lightning Swipe: Deal 20 lightning damage
-Shock Leech: Leech 15 magicka of your foes per hit / 17 upon getting MB
-Pulsing Nerves: Your nerves is tickling, causing all magic schools spell magicka (even modded spell!) cost are reduced to zero for 30 seconds.

So, if I'm really lucky (and have decent Fortify Destruction and One-Handed) someone's really gonna ride the lightning. :science:

OK, that might be a bit much. Oh look, other mods actually add invisible/weightless knuckles (or real craftable ones) - which can be enchanted. :getin: Fire enchant, plus the really sweet flame effect seen here (from Enchanted Arsenal)?

I Am Iron Fist

Other neat poo poo to fit in there:

Greenboat - May as well have a small houseboat when I want to flake out and huff moon sugar, right?

Craftable Telescopes - Because Eagle Eye won't do poo poo for Captain Fist, will it?

Deadly Mutilation - Because Bloody Mess isn't a perk in TES. :unsmigghh: (may need to fiddle it so all the gore is available for hand-to-hand)

Dead Body Collision Fix - Stack 'em high! Maybe make a fort, I have Jaxonz Positioner too.

Unique Dragon Priest Masks - HD textures - Because corpse-piles and dismemberment isn't creepy enough.

Right now, I have 210 downloaded files in my "Skymods - Khajit" directory - some are patches/addons for other mods, some are things I won't use for this run, but grabbed as I saw - and I'm still picking and choosing poo poo for when I start testing how all this will (hopefully) work together. :v: My poor Radeon HD5770 is probably going to catch fire or something, what with HR patches, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, both OBIS and Immersive Patrols, some extra NPC packs, Realistic Nights (maybe - have to try it and see), Climates of Tamriel/Supreme Storms, and more!

However, my enormous Orc will not be forgotten... Familiar Faces will see to that. :getin:

Oh, and a couple mods that might be amusing to combine, if you can get them to work properly: Heart Breaker to rip out hearts from your still-living foes, and Explosive Unarmed Punches, which seems to add Unrelenting Force to your fists. Punch, body flies away, and you have a nummy drippy heart! :neckbeard: (Well, in your inventory, anyway...)

I'm never going to get this modset actually complete, am I? :ohdear:

Zamboni Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 27, 2015

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

If I knew how, I'd make a module for Enchanted Arsenal that adds a "holy" enchant art that makes the blade of your sword glow with a golden light. Just having a yellow-white version of the regular flame effect (magnesium fire enchantment?) just looks cheap.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Woolie Wool posted:

If I knew how, I'd make a module for Enchanted Arsenal that adds a "holy" enchant art that makes the blade of your sword glow with a golden light. Just having a yellow-white version of the regular flame effect (magnesium fire enchantment?) just looks cheap.

Tone down the brightness of the Candlelight spell, change the color maybe? There's probably a ton of lightsaber mods that could be used as a source, too.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34093/

I believe this mod made my stormcloak armor/windhelm guard armor have these sleeves on them. I don't know why but I like them the normal way. How would I take that out of the list?

Also, I'm so glad a lot of the lost content is restored. I always wondered why there wasn't some quest to let you know that Cicero was hanging out down the road from Whiterun.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 27, 2015

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Kraven Moorhed posted:

It's true. But yeah, I've used it with SPERG plenty and it's fine. As long as you're letting SPERG handle the perks, everything else will get along pretty well with it. Just make sure to get Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade and not the original CCO.
CCO-r doesn't do anything with the perks, though, right? Or do I need to load them in a specific order?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Is there a replacement model for the steel sword which makes the blade shape simpler and more realistic? I have a pretty hard time taking that goofy kinked blade seriously. Ideal would be a mostly historical Viking sword but with the hilt and details changed to fit with the vanilla steel weapon set.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 27, 2015

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Is it normal to have lighting from torches look like this? I have ELFX, Realistic Nights, CoT installed. I don't have any mods that add torches/lanterns to NPCs.

Edit: if it's not apparent, the lighting doesn't seem to affect all the "shapes" on the landscape. It gets stuck on one mesh it looks like.

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

Woolie Wool posted:

Is there a replacement model for the steel sword which makes the blade shape simpler and more realistic? I have a pretty hard time taking that goofy kinked blade seriously. Ideal would be a mostly historical Viking sword but with the hilt and details changed to fit with the vanilla steel weapon set.

LeanWolf's Better Shaped Weapons:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39870/

As the description says, he de-paddles mosts of the swords in the game. I'm using it, I think it's an improvement...

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nycticeius posted:

Do you mean this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53350/

I haven't used it myself, can't comment on it, though.

I have. It's fun and well worth using, but keep in mind it's a TrainWiz mod with all the usual TrainWiz rough edges.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Serifina posted:

CCO-r doesn't do anything with the perks, though, right? Or do I need to load them in a specific order?

When in doubt, read the page: a quick perusal of the mod description (AKA CTRL-F "perk") shows that CCOR reassigns the prerequisite perks and recipes for a few armors. SPERG lays the prerequisites out differently, but as far as I know it uses the same keywords as vanilla since it doesn't require any sort of patcher to modify other weapons to its material system. So yeah, you're good. LOOT should take care of any issues these two mods would potentially have, as they don't actually cross paths all that often.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Serifina posted:

The only "conflict" I've noticed so far is that CCOR has a breakdown system similar to SPERG's salvage, so just turn off the SPERG one in your mod options.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Wow, I just installed about 60 mods without having to use Wrye. Mod organizers and modding have come a long way.

EDIT: does Climates of Tamriel change water?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Lugubrious! posted:

LeanWolf's Better Shaped Weapons:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39870/

As the description says, he de-paddles mosts of the swords in the game. I'm using it, I think it's an improvement...

I already use that, but the steel sword still has the scallop in the edge. I want one that looks like this:

But still fits the rest of the vanilla steel weapons.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

Woolie Wool posted:

I already use that, but the steel sword still has the scallop in the edge. I want one that looks like this:

Couldn't find anything suitable in Jaysus or Immersive Weapons?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Does anyone know of a mod that removes all weapon, armor, PC, and NPC enchantment shaders? I'm finding that I hate looking at blobs of color swinging blobs of color at other blobs of color.

If the effect was present on casting, and then quickly faded, that would be cool too.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Kraven Moorhed posted:

When in doubt, read the page: a quick perusal of the mod description (AKA CTRL-F "perk") shows that CCOR reassigns the prerequisite perks and recipes for a few armors. SPERG lays the prerequisites out differently, but as far as I know it uses the same keywords as vanilla since it doesn't require any sort of patcher to modify other weapons to its material system.

What SPERG does (Seorin can correct me if I'm wrong!) is bundle vanilla smithing perks into a constant effect activated by its own perks. So, you ultimately still get the same perks, just sometimes you get two at one level (so that e.g. you get the vanilla dwarven and elven smithing perks at the same time). So if CCO-R reassigns which vanilla perks do what, SPERG should not really interfere with anything but the point at which you get them. Interestingly, CCO-R's author has a separate smithing perk overhaul designed to work with CCO-R that bundles the vanilla perks together in a similar way, so there was a similar concept in mind anyway. Compatibility should be fine.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

Ynglaur posted:

Does anyone know of a mod that removes all weapon, armor, PC, and NPC enchantment shaders? I'm finding that I hate looking at blobs of color swinging blobs of color at other blobs of color.

If the effect was present on casting, and then quickly faded, that would be cool too.

Your armor has enchantment shaders outside of menus?

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

GunnerJ posted:

What SPERG does (Seorin can correct me if I'm wrong!) is bundle vanilla smithing perks into a constant effect activated by its own perks. So, you ultimately still get the same perks, just sometimes you get two at one level (so that e.g. you get the vanilla dwarven and elven smithing perks at the same time). So if CCO-R reassigns which vanilla perks do what, SPERG should not really interfere with anything but the point at which you get them. Interestingly, CCO-R's author has a separate smithing perk overhaul designed to work with CCO-R that bundles the vanilla perks together in a similar way, so there was a similar concept in mind anyway. Compatibility should be fine.

Ooh, thank you for the detailed explanation. :)

I think I'm done bugging everyone about this stuff now. Ultimately, I ended up with 109 esp/esms in the list. If you're curious, here it is: http://pastebin.com/L3vAF2ZS

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Duck and burger posted:

Your armor has enchantment shaders outside of menus?

When I cast Oakflesh, yes. That might fall under "character shader". My ideal would be for it to fade after a few seconds. That would let me see when NPCs buff themselves without forcing me to play in a discotheque.

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Woolie Wool posted:

The Chronicles of Steel for Skyrim has that exact sword in it. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12506

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

Ynglaur posted:

When I cast Oakflesh, yes. That might fall under "character shader". My ideal would be for it to fade after a few seconds. That would let me see when NPCs buff themselves without forcing me to play in a discotheque.

Hm, I don't recall *flesh buffs having a constant visual effect. :O

drat, do I ever wish there was a way to account for taste in Nexus endorsements.

Duck and burger fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 27, 2015

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

If I notice an inn keeper with a baller elven bow, how would I narrow down which mod is responsible for leveled list changes?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Bouchacha posted:

If I notice an inn keeper with a baller elven bow, how would I narrow down which mod is responsible for leveled list changes?

Obtain the bow somehow, drop it from your inventory, bring up the console, click the dropped item, then it should show you the FormID. The first two numbers are the hexadecimal-numbered load position of the mod they come from. That's what I'd try anyway, but if the first two are "FF" that means it's dynamically spawned in such a way that I don't think this would be sufficient (you might then need to note the remaining numbers and search for them in TES5Edit).

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

GunnerJ posted:

Obtain the bow somehow, drop it from your inventory, bring up the console, click the dropped item, then it should show you the FormID. The first two numbers are the hexadecimal-numbered load position of the mod they come from. That's what I'd try anyway, but if the first two are "FF" that means it's dynamically spawned in such a way that I don't think this would be sufficient (you might then need to note the remaining numbers and search for them in TES5Edit).

Does this work even if it's a vanilla item?

Also, does validating files via steam only redownload missing files or does it overwrite modified files too?

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Woolie Wool posted:

There are swords like this in Jaysus Swords. The Gilded Norse Sword looks exactly like this, but with slightly different coloring. The Ancient Nordic Sword looks very similar, too.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

Haven't got round to using this myself yet, but it sounds like it does what you want - No More Glowing Edges

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Bouchacha posted:

skyrim.esm and update.esm are loaded like any other plugin, they'd have the prefixes "00" and "01" respectively. Although I'm not really sure if the method I outlined will work, period, it's just what I would try if I were trying to do what you describe, and is similar to what I've done to identify where certain added buildings and landscape features come from.

quote:

Also, does validating files via steam only redownload missing files or does it overwrite modified files too?

Not really sure but I believe it only updates files from Bethesda.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

GunnerJ posted:

What SPERG does (Seorin can correct me if I'm wrong!) is bundle vanilla smithing perks into a constant effect activated by its own perks. So, you ultimately still get the same perks, just sometimes you get two at one level (so that e.g. you get the vanilla dwarven and elven smithing perks at the same time).

This is right. To maximize compatibility, I edited as few things from vanilla as possible. In many cases, this means that you'll get a SPERG perk which gives you one or more vanilla perks.

This is the case for smithing because the perks don't actually do anything - rather, it's the smithing recipes themselves that check to see whether or not you have the perk. Changing all the smithing recipes to point to SPERG perks instead would make it conflict with anything else that edits those same recipes (like CCO, I assume). It would also break compatibility with any other mods (i.e. weapon and armor mods) that add new smithing recipes depending on the old perks.

Other similar perks are Lightfoot (all the traps check for the perk instead of the other way around :v: ) and the perks which give you the ability to decapitate enemies (the decapitate animation checks for the perk).

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

GunnerJ posted:

Pretty much anything off a leveled list will end up with an FF* formID since they are by nature spawned and must be written into the save game. MFG console should show the base FormID if you select something in with the console open.

Bouchacha posted:

Validating steam files will return all vanilla files to the vanilla freshly installed state. If you have the CK installed this will include all loose assets like scripts meaning SKSE scripts will be deleted and replaced with vanilla ones.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

Haven't got round to using this myself yet, but it sounds like it does what you want - No More Glowing Edges
Thank you! My Google-Fu was not helping at all.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Been a while since I've played Skyrim, so I've reinstalled it and am trying to get everything set up pretty similar to how I had it before (pretty much stock with the various fix mods and something to make stealth not so broken and to stop horses witnessing crimes...). I've installed Stealth Skills Re-balanced Basic since I saw it recommended but I'm not sure if that's the most compatible mod to use with SPERG. Last time I was using Path of Shadows - Sneak Settings. Any recommendations for a stealth mod if I should get rid of that one?

I also used to use Increased Bounty and Guild Rewards, but now that I've got Bounty Gold installed I have to actually think about what the rewards should be. Any recommended settings for that?

For reference the mod list so far is:
http://pastebin.com/WAxB67A5

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Stealth Skills Rebalanced - SPERGified

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Zeron posted:

Use Mfg Console to track down what mod it's on and the filepath the game is using for it's mesh. That'll allow you to find out if it's just missing or if it's being overwritten. If you are using mod organizer it'll tell you what's overwriting it(the physical mesh), if it's there and not being overwritten check out conflicts in TESVEDIT to see if another mod further down the load order is telling it to look for a different mesh. If it's not there at all, check the mod readme to make sure you installed it properly and that everything is properly enabled.

Still curious about this. I played the game vanilla and the mesh shows up just fine, so there's nothing wrong with my Skyrim.esm. How would I check the conflict for something contained in the main file? Not a big deal, but it is weird.

Edit: TES5Edit shows no conflicts with any other plugin after I "Apply Filter". That doesn't check loose files right?

Bouchacha fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 28, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

drat, I got all my mods set up but my game has MAJOR blur at long distances. I loving hate that, anyone know which mod would do this?

http://pastebin.com/iWFXyvM2

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I suppose Depth of Field fuckery is strictly ENB's fodder.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I didn't think I had any mods involving ENB, I never downloaded the enb shaders or anything.

I don't remember base skyrim having this much blur.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
There are non-ENB mods that add DoF, e.g. Dynavision. Nothing in your load order jumps out at me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I've run into a slight problem. I decided that since I was installing anew I'd use ENB and it works great when I run the game through steam but when I run SKSE through MO the game is in a tiny window in the top left and won't go fullscreen. If I change the borderless window options to true it does but the resolution is lovely (kinda want 1080 here) and I'm getting pretty frustrated, any suggestions?

Edit: Sorted it. Somehow my SkyrimPrefs.ini had been wiped clean. Rather odd but it's working now so I can get onto installing some nice mods to go with ENB and hoping the game doesn't crash randomly like it used to about a year ago when I last played.

Poison Jam fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jan 28, 2015

• Locked thread