Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Highlander female faces look like a cross between roadkill and an angry vegetable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Why can't I make a buff hunky lala, Yoshi???

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I haven't played this game in literally a year and all my gear is level 70 from grinding Tomes and I have no idea what to do and I'm so lost :negative:

But at least my Weaver still looks good.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Robo Reagan posted:

Am I the only one disgusted by the fact that when you log in the advertisement for weddings features a human male and a catgirl? That kind of relationship is based on sin. Races shouldn't mix.

How do you know that's a human male and not a catboi?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

lmao was there a goon group in the WoD I was just in? Their Paladin had a macro that kept announced pulls like GO GOONS GO!! but then they wouldn't pull, or pull anything, and I wound up main tanking while handling all the adds in just about all four fights.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

AzureRequiem posted:

I have a serious and problematic addiction to buying Fantasia. I love my catboy, but his idle poses all suck and lalas are really cute but roes are big beefy bears and AAAAARGH. :negative:

The one where they lurch forward like some weird zombie has always bothered me.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

AzureRequiem posted:

I have a serious and problematic addiction to buying Fantasia. I love my catboy, but his idle poses all suck and lalas are really cute but roes are big beefy bears and AAAAARGH. :negative:

No you don't, because you aren't Doublestep who changed races 5 times in a week and still continues to do so on a weekly basis.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I havent race changed in seven days gently caress you

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Doublestep posted:

Highlander female faces look like a cross between roadkill and an angry vegetable

I take offense to this sir. :colbert:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is there any website that shows in-game pictures of equipment? I need to plan my dress-up.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mordiceius posted:

How do you know that's a human male and not a catboi?

There are no catboys just flat chested catgirls

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Doublestep posted:

I havent race changed in seven days gently caress you

How convenient, that's a week. You're due for a Fantasia today.

And unless I master the urge, so am I :(

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm saving my Fantasia for the expansion so I can become the delinquent dragonman of my dreams :v: Until then, highlander male works just fine.

Another newbie tank question: it's pretty obvious what to put attribute points in for DPS and healers, but what about tanks? Full VIT? Lots of VIT with some STR thrown in?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Full STR until you get to final coil, especially if you're a warrior.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm saving my Fantasia for the expansion so I can become the delinquent dragonman of my dreams :v: Until then, highlander male works just fine.

Another newbie tank question: it's pretty obvious what to put attribute points in for DPS and healers, but what about tanks? Full VIT? Lots of VIT with some STR thrown in?

Strength with STR jewelry, unless you're doing final coil. If you're doing FCOB you generally want a mix or over melded jewelery.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I would go full VIT assuming you're wanting to work your way up through the levels. This might be different if you have a reliable healer that you can count on.

Once you hit level 50, it might be a good idea to redistribute if you feel overly durable.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Not the guy who asked the question, but I'm an iLevel 98 Warrior, full Vit, 9000+ HP in Defiance, constantly rotate my defensive cooldowns and I still feel like I'm always on the verge of dying. The idea of going full STR is video game scary.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/9407932/

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 27, 2015

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you have a good and reliable healer, going full strength isn't a problem. If you're tanking in duty finder, you might want to put on some vitality jewelry.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Robo Reagan posted:

Am I the only one disgusted by the fact that when you log in the advertisement for weddings features a human male and a catgirl? That kind of relationship is based on sin. Races shouldn't mix.

Lorewise, isn't it super wonky that cats even marry at all? Don't they normally live in sea lion-style relationships with one male (who asserted his dominance by beating up the previous male) to a bunch of females?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I've been sitting at 7.5k HP in Defiance on my warrior for months and have had zero problems tanking through DF. You really gotta abuse your cooldowns on big hits though.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Lorewise, isn't it super wonky that cats even marry at all? Don't they normally live in sea lion-style relationships with one male (who asserted his dominance by beating up the previous male) to a bunch of females?
Only suncats I think, and only when they actually live together in a tribe.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

cheetah7071 posted:

The adventurer is a non-native to Eorzea with no ties to any specific nationality or tribe, so for all intents and purposes all that stuff doesn't apply to you unless you want to roleplay it.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Algid posted:

Only suncats I think, and only when they actually live together in a tribe.

Although one of the postmoogle quests reveals that the Couerlclaws are like that too.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Also apparently Limsan born miqo'te are basically hyur and they have no culture of their own

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
The big myth of final fantasy 15 minus 1 tanking is that having more HP makes you easier to heal or that you'll take less damage. Neither is true.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I wear a mix of STR and VIT jewlery at all times basically by finding VIT jewlery that favours det and crit and ones I can't find i replace with STR pieces. That's a stopgap at the moment until I start getting a wider variety of Augmented/Dreadwyrm pieces and can start mix and matching for a BIS Warrior set.

Basically any content I've done (which is everything but T13 at this point) going above 10k HP seems like a bit of a waste on a Warrior

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Now I feel like a bad, because I just focus on vertical gear progression. I don't even know what most of the secondary stats do. :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

AzureRequiem posted:

Now I feel like a bad, because I just focus on vertical gear progression. I don't even know what most of the secondary stats do. :(

Nothing that you really need to worry about unless you're raiding.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

It's not like, the biggest deal in the world, one point of det is equal to like, .35 STR but that poo poo really starts to add up with the 90+ gear which can make or break FCOB content where even now we're making it out of T12's add phase with everyone on loving fire

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Ouhei posted:

I'll have to ask in "Wipe Until it Bleeds" the next time I get on (maybe tonight).

As I am just starting to get going on unlocking EX primals (got my leviathan clear in DF :negative: ), this is relevant to my interests. Who do I need to PM IG for an invite?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Also they're cats, why are they doing anything other than lazing about in the sun or demanding food?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Doublestep posted:

Also apparently Limsan born miqo'te are basically hyur and they have no culture of their own

Aren't they born in ratios of something like 50 women to 1 man canonically though? Must be awkward in places where they practice monogamy.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Aren't they born in ratios of something like 50 women to 1 man canonically though? Must be awkward in places where they practice monogamy.

That's presumably why interracial relations are a thing.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

cheetah7071 posted:

only mooncats have that listed as an actual thing so no idea

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Doublestep posted:

Limsan culture is "Pirate" not hyur.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Man, when they say keep up with your story quests they aren't kidding. I just did whatever seemed interesting at the time and hit 20. Went looking for my mount before realizing it was tied to the story quest. Having done nothing but story since, I just finished the three intro dungeons and am nearly 24. I'll probably be 26 before I actually get to ride my 20 mount.

Which isn't really a complaint. "The game was so fun and had so much stuff I wanted to do, I outleveled my mount quest.

Question: Once I get my chocomount, does each class need to be level 20 to ride it, or can my level 1s ride, too?

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Huxley posted:

Man, when they say keep up with your story quests they aren't kidding. I just did whatever seemed interesting at the time and hit 20. Went looking for my mount before realizing it was tied to the story quest. Having done nothing but story since, I just finished the three intro dungeons and am nearly 24. I'll probably be 26 before I actually get to ride my 20 mount.

Which isn't really a complaint. "The game was so fun and had so much stuff I wanted to do, I outleveled my mount quest.

Question: Once I get my chocomount, does each class need to be level 20 to ride it, or can my level 1s ride, too?

Every class can ride, once he's unlocked.

Similarly once you get the Combat-Capable Chocobro (level 30) you can use him as any class.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Huxley posted:

Your mounts are free to use at any level once you unlock them, likewise when you unlock the ability to summon your Chocobro at 30 you can summon them at any level.

It really does rule for levelling off classes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
The mooncats are also matriarchal so it's less one male gets multiple females and more that a female might take a shine to a male mooncat. The exception is the Coeurlclaws for some strange reason. Also, it seems like the suncat breeding thing isn't that strict since the catgirl that hits on you if you're female is from the U tribe in Forgotten Springs.

• Locked thread