Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Visipics is great, but can take a while. Auslogics Duplicate File Finder works much more quickly for exact matches, if the problem is multiple dumps of the exact same set of pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Toast Museum posted:

The way it was described, it'll also find not-quite-exact matches, like photos taken in burst mode.

So, it reads a timestamp?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

BonoMan posted:

Is there a small piece of software that can analyze a folder and show all the duplicate files? I'm terribly when it comes to organizing my DSLR photos. I often just dump them in a huge folder and then forget to format my cards so that when I dump it to PC again a week later there are duplicates.
Just to add another option to the ones other posters have already mentioned, I've used CloneSpy for this purpose, based on a recommendation from a friend several years ago.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

peepsalot posted:

No idea, but that makes sense.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

peepsalot posted:

Toast Museum posted:

No idea, but that makes sense.

No, it actually looks the photo data (as in, the pixels or whatever) and compares the images. You can adjust the threshold for "duplicates."

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
I'm really hoping that Windows 10 improves language switching in Windows and Office- If you're giving it away then there
S no need for shenanigans! Also the swipe keyboard from windows phone would be great.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
I've used the poorly-named but functionally-quite-excellent Awesome Duplicate Picture Finder with good results.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Thanks for all the responses! I'll try them out when I get back into the office on Monday.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm learning Swedish, so I have the option to swap between US and Swedish keyboards and use Win+Space to swap between them quickly. Suddenly there are now three things to choose from instead of the normal two. Why did this start happening all of a sudden?

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

That same thing happened with me with English Dvorak, English international, Arabic, and Vietnamese (it was inserting the regular US keyboard). I just removed the two English keyboards and then added them back, and that fixed it. :shrug:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

That same thing happened with me with English Dvorak, English international, Arabic, and Vietnamese (it was inserting the regular US keyboard). I just removed the two English keyboards and then added them back, and that fixed it. :shrug:

Thanks, after doing that and restarting it's back to normal!

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
This might be a stretch but I figured I'd ask. I just got a work laptop that I bring home to use for personal means too, is there an app that will launch say Steam or Mumble when under a specific wifi network? Not that it's necessarily a pain in the rear end to do manually, I'm just used to things like Tasker on my phone to automate these sort of things for me. Running Windows 7 Pro.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Can anyone tell me where I can download an ISO of Windows 8 Home OEM version? I have a key for it, but I can't seem to find a download for installation media anywhere. All I can find is disc images marked ENTERPRISE, and the Windows 8 setup assistant (Windows8-Setup.exe) says it can't set things up with my key.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

m2pt5 posted:

Can anyone tell me where I can download an ISO of Windows 8 Home OEM version? I have a key for it, but I can't seem to find a download for installation media anywhere. All I can find is disc images marked ENTERPRISE, and the Windows 8 setup assistant (Windows8-Setup.exe) says it can't set things up with my key.

You could try this out: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Is there one of those for 8, not 8.1? This is an older key and I'm pretty sure 8.1 won't accept it directly.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Didn't they change that so the 8.1 media would accept 8 keys?

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

FISHMANPET posted:

Didn't they change that so the 8.1 media would accept 8 keys?

Yeah, if you download the ISO using their new tool, it lets you use an 8 key for 8.1.

I did it a few weeks ago.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Did not know that. Thanks!

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

Lblitzer posted:

This might be a stretch but I figured I'd ask. I just got a work laptop that I bring home to use for personal means too, is there an app that will launch say Steam or Mumble when under a specific wifi network? Not that it's necessarily a pain in the rear end to do manually, I'm just used to things like Tasker on my phone to automate these sort of things for me. Running Windows 7 Pro.

Are you sure you want to install any personal software on a corporate machine? Many places frown upon this.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Lblitzer posted:

The built in task scheduler has this thing at the bottom:

I have never tried it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is there a voice command for Cortana?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Cojawfee posted:

Is there a voice command for Cortana?

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-enable-hey-cortana-on-windows-10/

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Is there some kind of free surveillance monitoring software that will use a webcam and only activate/record when motion is detected?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I just bought a used Logitech C170, whose driver comes with that feature. Or claims to, I haven't used it yet myself. So if this is a name-brand cam you have, try the official driver install package to start with.

Also, this is beyond your question, but I also have a ~$70 Foscam that will do the same all by itself, with a little flash card tucked into it.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 27, 2015

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I've been using windows 8 for about six months now, and I have to ask: why do people hate windows 8?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I've been using windows 8 for about six months now, and I have to ask: why do people hate windows 8?
You're using 8.1, not 8. That is a very large difference. Otherwise, regular set of lack of concern about usability, boatloads of new features that are both broken and unusable, lovely and unnecessarily bloated interface, little amounts of actual good additions and so on. Windows 8 is what happens when managers start to design system, instead of engineers. Windows 8 was mildly bad, Windows 8.1 is usable.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Spiritus Nox posted:

UX nightmare. On 8 (vs 8.1) a lot of system options were exclusively available on the MetroUI. Pick a random control panel item - it was a complete crapshoot over if it would be available on the desktop UI or the metro one. The two systems just weren't compatible at all, so 8.1 has a lot more redundancy to the desktop environment. They're ditching the dual UX in Windows 10 because it's loving stupid.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Roargasm posted:

UX nightmare. On 8 (vs 8.1) a lot of system options were exclusively available on the MetroUI. Pick a random control panel item - it was a complete crapshoot over if it would be available on the desktop UI or the metro one. The two systems just weren't compatible at all, so 8.1 has a lot more redundancy to the desktop environment. They're ditching the dual UX in Windows 10 because it's loving stupid.

I reflexively say "gently caress" out loud whenever I try to open the Networking and Sharing Center or whatever and accidentally open the Metro version. It's nice that 8.1 gives you the desktop options, but why keep the Metro apps?

Speaking of: Is there a way to disable them at all? :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Roargasm posted:

Hahaha, they're ditching it. If anything, it is more dual than ever before, in current preview at least.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
I'm typing this post on the preview and if this counts as dual I'm fine with it. I just hated getting kicked off the desktop to look at a giant purple screen with three options on it. Moving my mouse to the corner of the screen does not make obnoxious poo poo pop up, and although the system control apps are still bad at least they open inside of the desktop.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Roargasm posted:

I'm typing this post on the preview and if this counts as dual I'm fine with it. I just hated getting kicked off the desktop to look at a giant purple screen with three options on it. Moving my mouse to the corner of the screen does not make obnoxious poo poo pop up, and although the system control apps are still bad at least they open inside of the desktop.
Well if you talk about start menu then yes, but there seems to be more fuckery with split control panel function delegation and fake settings buttons than in 8.1. Also you cant get rid of all poo poo in start menu even if you unpin every app from metro segment. Also that search bar is just laughable, same as search on Windows 10 in general.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

kalstrams posted:

Well if you talk about start menu then yes, but there seems to be more fuckery with split control panel function delegation and fake settings buttons than in 8.1. Also you cant get rid of all poo poo in start menu even if you unpin every app from metro segment. Also that search bar is just laughable, same as search on Windows 10 in general.

Windows 7 (or 8.1) search is good. How they managed to gently caress it up is beyond me. Then again, it probably wasn't ~integrated~ and ~networked~ enough or something and anyway let's find a way to pretend people actually use bing and cortana and allocate 200 developers to remaking search :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

blowfish posted:

Windows 7 (or 8.1) search is good. How they managed to gently caress it up is beyond me. Then again, it probably wasn't ~integrated~ and ~networked~ enough or something and anyway let's find a way to pretend people actually use bing and cortana and allocate 200 developers to remaking search :v:
They've integrated it to their "cloud", yes. Searching for regedit can open reged.it or regedit.us websites, depending on how lucky you are.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Metro settings or whatever they are called in 10 are really frustrating. Mostly because none of them contain any settings. In most cases, it's just a list of what exists. Open up the wireless networks and it's just a list of networks. Click on one and you get the option to forget that network. Go to devices and it's just a big list of your devices. Click on one and it offers to remove that device. It doesn't even use the icons of the devices, just a default logo for everything. So I have to type in the thing I want in the search to get it. If I could do anything with those screens, I wouldn't mind.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Windows 8 is easy to make usable, but it's a crap user experience by default. Since I work in a job where I'm constantly dealing with machines that aren't mine, "just install classic shell" or whatever isn't really an option, and it's just annoying that there's so many more useless steps to something like opening the control panel compared to windows 7. I find myself just using the search whenever I'm in Win8, because actually clicking through to any sort of settings page from the charms is just a slow cumbersome joke. At least the search actually works quite well. And with 8.1 they fixed it so you don't have to guess which category to search under.

Secureboot is also annoying.

Cojawfee posted:

Metro settings or whatever they are called in 10 are really frustrating. Mostly because none of them contain any settings. In most cases, it's just a list of what exists. Open up the wireless networks and it's just a list of networks. Click on one and you get the option to forget that network. Go to devices and it's just a big list of your devices. Click on one and it offers to remove that device. It doesn't even use the icons of the devices, just a default logo for everything. So I have to type in the thing I want in the search to get it. If I could do anything with those screens, I wouldn't mind.
That's my main gripe with win8, they've made it so that the only efficient way to find anything is to do a text search for it. Which is fine and even quite convenient a lot of the time, if you're a fast typer and know what you're looking for. But god help you if you don't know what the thing you're looking for is called.

Entropic fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 27, 2015

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

kalstrams posted:

They've integrated it to their "cloud", yes. Searching for regedit can open reged.it or regedit.us websites, depending on how lucky you are.

The cloud is nice and all but keep it the gently caress out of "search for things on this computer" features.

Entropic posted:

That's my main gripe with win8, they've made it so that the only efficient way to find anything is to do a text search for it. Which is fine and even quite convenient a lot of the time, if you're a fast typer and know what you're looking for. But god help you if you don't know what the thing you're looking for is called.

So in essence it's good for people who learned the names of control panel settings in Windows 7 or earlier by heart. "But everyone already knows wandows anyway" can only go so far.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I asked this a while ago, but I am looking for a relatively easy to use over the internet file transfer tool. Something along the lines of a windows live mesh file transfer thing that microsoft killed.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 27, 2015

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

kri kri posted:

I asked this a while ago, but I am looking for a relatively easy to use over the internet file transfer tool. Something along the lines of a windows live mesh file transfer thing that microsoft killed.

Something like Bittorrent Sync maybe?

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Danith posted:

Is there some kind of free surveillance monitoring software that will use a webcam and only activate/record when motion is detected?
Check out YAWCam, I used it about a year ago to stake out my front porch when a bunch of "delivered" packages started mysteriously disappearing. You'll want to play around with the Motion functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

Something like Bittorrent Sync maybe?

No, I don't want to sync I just want to manually copy the files I want. I tried BT sync and it syncs the entire folder.