Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

a worthy uhh posted:

Since I won the 2015 toxx, I'm putting up another.

Slomo failed his exam, and he won't be debt-free by the time this thread hits its 2-year anniversary :toxx:

That one is pretty aggressive I like your moxie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I think he passed and he's trying to lure as many people as possible to say otherwise.

We know your games, SloMo. Make with the postin'.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Bushido Brown posted:

I think he passed and he's trying to lure as many people as possible to say otherwise.

We know your games, SloMo. Make with the postin'.

So would you say he's... slow-playing it?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I don't even know what's real anymore

AbsenceVsThinAir
Jan 29, 2007

Maybe you do not even *smell*? That is sad.

*Smelling* *pretty colors* is the best *game*.
As soon as he passed he exited this plane of existence and now resides in the Ballerverse, having transcended forum posting and other such banal activities.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I discovered his new expensive hobby. It's spraying graffiti outside my work.

Hello to you too, Slow Motion.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I just want to say I am reading through this thread from the beginning and I'm at the March 2014 part. SloMo is about to buy a condo, is studying for his second try at his test, and is talking about how happy his 38 year old self is going to be looking back.

I'm going to go back and keep reading but I wanted to say when the thread title just changed I laughed my rear end off. Plus ça change! See you all in a couple months!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I just want to say I am reading through this thread from the beginning and I'm at the March 2014 part. SloMo is about to buy a condo, is studying for his second try at his test, and is talking about how happy his 38 year old self is going to be looking back.

I'm going to go back and keep reading but I wanted to say when the thread title just changed I laughed my rear end off. Plus ça change! See you all in a couple months!

It's actually more rewarding to skip to the end and take a guess at what happened and then pretend you're a psychic with the ability to gaze into the past.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
So far my favorite Slow Motionism is it taking his ex-wife moving to Alaska for him to finally stop paying her for sex.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
maybe the expensive new hobby was commuting to alaska lol

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Oberleutnant posted:

I thought I didn't care about the Slow Motion story anymore, until I read this.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

El_Elegante posted:

I thought I didn't care about the Slow Motion story anymore, until I read this.

Its just a matter of time until it happens

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Looks like a round trip is around the $4-500 range. New hobby was $1200, so two or possibly three trips over the course of a month.

Slomo you loving did it didn't you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He bought himself a plane because it's more convenient than having to buy a ticket.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
Add me to the "he failed and is on the verge of getting shitcanned" tally, please. :cheers:

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Being heavily in debt with no cash savings towards a deposit for buying a condo is a common theme in BFC.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Devian666 posted:

Being heavily in debt with no cash savings towards a deposit for buying a condo is a common theme in BFC.

Almost as common as:

"I know my finances are in trouble, here's a list of my expenditures, there's nothing I can do about the $600 payment on a ford focus at 13% because I traded in a car underwater to get it."

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Bugamol posted:

Almost as common as:

"I know my finances are in trouble, here's a list of my expenditures, there's nothing I can do about the $600 payment on a ford focus at 13% because I traded in a car underwater to get it."

People wouldn't end up in this position if they just bought an F350 with all the bling so that they'd have truck equity.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Can't haul a boat trailer with your Fiesta, smart guy.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Oberleutnant posted:

Its this + wildlife photography. He's gotta be able to take excellent pictures of Kodiak bears somewhere.

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Shadowhand00 posted:

Its this + wildlife photography. He's gotta be able to take excellent pictures of Kodiak bears somewhere.

Hey, don't call his ex a Kodiak bear :saddowns:

Spook
Feb 25, 2002

Silence of the MOTHERFUCKING LAMBS!!
Slomo, how was Nicaragua?

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Re: firefly ceilings

SloMo, don't look at this.. whatever you do
http://imgur.com/a/7MBqr

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

ZentraediElite posted:

Re: firefly ceilings

SloMo, don't look at this.. whatever you do
http://imgur.com/a/7MBqr

All that time and money spent on the ceiling and the dude still has college/poverty "curtains"

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
I think SloMo got killed trying to run hobby drugs back from Nicaragua.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Old Fart posted:

I think SloMo got killed trying to run hobby drugs back from Nicaragua.

It's the best possible outcome really.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Bloody Queef posted:

All that time and money spent on the ceiling and the dude still has college/poverty "curtains"

The voice of a gay interior designer lives in my head, and it said in its sassiest most dismissive tone, "nice povo curtains" and I'm ok with that

Slow Motion
Jul 19, 2004

My favorite things in life are sex, drugs, feeling like a baller, and being $30,000 in debt.
I'm alive. Nicaragua was great. Failed MLC a second time. poo poo got real after returning to seatown. I'm getting back on the budget bandwagon. Details to follow.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Slow Motion posted:

I'm alive. Nicaragua was great. Failed MLC a second time. poo poo got real after returning to seatown. I'm getting back on the budget bandwagon. Details to follow.

who could have ever guessed

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Slow Motion posted:

Why did poo poo get real once you returned? Why not once you found out you failed the exam? Also, I do not remember, do you pay for the exam, or is your employer paying?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Slow Motion posted:

Stop being mysterious and just post the truth.

Slow Motion
Jul 19, 2004

My favorite things in life are sex, drugs, feeling like a baller, and being $30,000 in debt.

PassTheRemote posted:

Why did poo poo get real once you returned? Why not once you found out you failed the exam? Also, I do not remember, do you pay for the exam, or is your employer paying?

Firm pays up to twice: first sitting and passing sitting. So I just ate $350 for the fail.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

PassTheRemote posted:

I'm pretty sure his employer reimburses him after the fact if he passes.

Slow Motion posted:

I'm getting back on the budget bandwagon. Details to follow.

This is for February, right? Your trip to Nicaragua doesn't count?
February's a short month, but do you really want to be on the budget bandwagon for Valentine's Day?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Slow Motion posted:

Oberleutnant posted:

SloMo you're poo poo.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
disgonbgood.gif :allears:

Some predictions:

Good news - got rid of car!

Bad news - because car was torched in celebratory Seahawks riot

Good news - bonus paid early!

Bad news - bonus paycheck was part of severance

Good news - got a new, highly detailed night-sky ceiling for nothing!

Bad news - it's literally the night sky, he's homeless

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
for "poo poo got real" read "posting from county lockup where i'm awaiting trial on smuggling charges"

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Doesn't listen to the Goons. They're wrong and Jealous man......

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Slow Motion posted:

Failed MLC a second time.

Jesus christ man. I want you to figure everything out but didn't you say like two years ago this job is up or out, and now you haven't passed a single exam since then? That doesn't sound good.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

pig slut lisa posted:

I think he passed :colbert:

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

After he loses his job at least he still has his car so he can be an uber driver!

• Locked thread