Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Dalael posted:

PS: Boats beat tanks any day of the week.

I think it depends on the map really, Boats struggle on El Halluf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Aramoro posted:

I think it depends on the map really, Boats struggle on El Halluf.

Beach a destroyer in the lake, it's like a bat 155 that doesn't have to can.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
We should all TOG platoon to celebrate railroad trains

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Mans posted:

That was a fascinating article and i hope you post more historical treausres in the future!

Hey baby, why don't we smoke some weed, watch a little family guy and see where the night takes us?

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

xthetenth posted:

A British battleship did take out 7 Tigers in one go. The buthurt is bad enough about arty that would just give people strokes.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Please post more "botes"

I missed both beta weekends for Reasons and it sounds like I missed something good. Post bote videos especially.

Thank you, arigato.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Bote videos are apparently not possible whether because WG or because whatever the gently caress "SiriusStarNetwork" is.

Somehow I ended both botes weekends with a 67% WR. And only like six of my nearly 50 games were bots (and one of those was a loss. loving pubbies. :suicide:), so I'm gonna call that pretty drat good.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So seriously, are we locked out of boats beta if we didn't sign up way back in the day? all this talk is making me want to play

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Out of the weekends until the next signup batch or closed beta proper starting.

And hopefully they undo the DMCA stupids soon so I can link decent and good players showing what skill looks like rather than Jingles going "oh look at me fighting a battleship while forgetting abilities and firing suboptimal ammo isn't that fantastic?" (I'm glad he's having fun but its nothing like tedster dropping citadel hits into destroyers and taking off battleships' faces or even ichase being competent in a carrier).

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
To be fair to iChase the difference between being competent in a carrier and totally wrecking poo poo in a carrier is fairly small.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

xthetenth posted:

And hopefully they undo the DMCA stupids soon so I can link decent and good players showing what skill looks like rather than Jingles going "oh look at me fighting a battleship while forgetting abilities and firing suboptimal ammo isn't that fantastic?" (I'm glad he's having fun but its nothing like tedster dropping citadel hits into destroyers and taking off battleships' faces or even ichase being competent in a carrier).

Jingles fired his guns when they reloaded which puts him in probably the 95th percentile of players during beta weekend.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Botes is really fun and tanks sucks right now with everyone making GBS threads up matches for missions, so it's getting some talk :shrug:

Strobe posted:

Somehow I ended both botes weekends with a 67% WR. And only like six of my nearly 50 games were bots (and one of those was a loss. loving pubbies. :suicide:), so I'm gonna call that pretty drat good.

Scrub. 87% here :smuggo:

Mans posted:

So seriously, are we locked out of boats beta if we didn't sign up way back in the day? all this talk is making me want to play

They have given out keys before both of the weekends so far, check out gaming sites when a weekend test is announced.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

xthetenth posted:

I didn't think the Yamato video posted earlier showed all that much though. He barely took any damage because the enemy team ignored him completely...for some reason. He managed to kill 5 ships without really doing much besides pointing and clicking.

GiantHurtBall
Dec 9, 2013

The Iron Hands weren't loyalists. The Ultramarines, noted for their tricks and deceptions, planted an agent within their ranks claiming to be their long lost Primarch, Ferrus Manus. Thus, the Iron Hands readily turned to Chaos and joined Horus' ranks, all to cover for the Ultramarines' own heresies.

All I remember from his video was "sidescrape your battleship" ...

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Vengarr posted:

I didn't think the Yamato video posted earlier showed all that much though. He barely took any damage because the enemy team ignored him completely...for some reason. He managed to kill 5 ships without really doing much besides pointing and clicking.

That's fair enough. They really did leave him alone, but that is what good battleship gunnery looks like. I do think that chase's video is significantly more interesting even if it doesn't show the same skill with the game. It's like a replay of a tanks game where everything goes right. However, for dudes wondering about AP and HE, note the shell choice. He's shooting very well and HE may be more reliable for some shots, but that's the sort of thing BB AP can do.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

James Garfield posted:

Jingles fired his guns when they reloaded which puts him in probably the 95th percentile of players during beta weekend.

I'll hand it to him, slipping that cruiser through that line of torpedoes was pretty drat smooth.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Tank question: Anyone else get blanks where the gold, silver, and free xp are supposed to go?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

You played Wintermode and didn't update your mods, now they hosed up your interface.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So it's been awhile since I've play the 13 90. So I decided to blow a gently caress load of credits, this was the result:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1568391#mines-mesadoram-amx_13_90

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
It's a shame they won't put in cross sever roaming. I would love to go onto the US Servers and troll with "Patton was the most overated general since Custer. He wasn't fit to pour Montgomery's tea"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Mesadoram posted:

So it's been awhile since I've play the 13 90. So I decided to blow a gently caress load of credits, this was the result:

It's the only light that can take an autoloading Bulldog straight up

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Foxtrot_13 posted:

It's a shame they won't put in cross sever roaming. I would love to go onto the US Servers and troll with "Patton was the most overated general since Custer. He wasn't fit to pour Montgomery's tea"

I've taken to spamming about how great Sherman was and how he didn't go far enough any time I see idiots in the clans that have a confederate flag for their symbol. Trolling neoconfederates is always fun

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

xthetenth posted:

Flood the valley and drive a battleship in there that gets to wail on both teams. Actually, that'd be more fun than playing at least old El Halluf. :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Magni posted:

Flood the valley and drive a battleship in there that gets to wail on both teams. Actually, that'd be more fun than playing at least old El Halluf. :v:

A Boss Mode on old El Halluf, with the valley flooded and people on both spawns needing to kill some giant warship in the middle would be fun.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Magni posted:

Ships or boats mechanics? I can forsee some mad if a boat gets blown to bits by dudes doing full damage shooting the bridge or uptakes.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Cippalippus posted:

Hey baby, why don't we smoke some weed, watch a little family guy and see where the night takes us?

drat baby, you just read my mind!

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Infected posted:

You played Wintermode and didn't update your mods, now they hosed up your interface.

How do I update mods? I'm using McGavin's modpack. Yes, I'm :downsrim:

Also, grinding the Russian medium line, I kept my T-34, should I side-grade to the SU-85?

And from the T-34-85, I was thinking of going the T-44 route. Is that good, bad, or not matter?

Magres posted:

I've taken to spamming about how great Sherman was and how he didn't go far enough any time I see idiots in the clans that have a confederate flag for their symbol. Trolling neoconfederates is always fun

I have to do that as well. Though cross-server roaming and trolling the EU server would be fun as well. "The British had almost no contribution to WWII." or "The British Empire was almost as bad as the Nazis."

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 28, 2015

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

At least the US got involved long enough for their troops to improve the gene pool of the UK.

Tell me if it gets a TK thanks.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hmmmm, on the NA server, would it work to claim that Lee was a nazi? Or would the wannabe-confederates approve of that? Maybe make up something about Lee and Rommel being gay lovers in warcrimes. But that might be too obvious.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Poil posted:

Hmmmm, on the NA server, would it work to claim that Lee was a nazi? Or would the wannabe-confederates approve of that? Maybe make up something about Lee and Rommel being gay lovers in warcrimes. But that might be too obvious.

Just say that Sherman was a better general than Lee, or that Grant was a better general than Lee.

If you go with Sherman, when someone bitches about the March, say that Rommel was more of a war criminal than Sherman.

E: Random mod a friend linked me to last night that's really nice here. It makes it so your autoaim will, within a circle around your cursor, snap to the nearest tank instead of requiring LoS to a tank to autoaim at it. You still have to have your target spotted (it's not a cheat), but it makes fighting on the move (or autoaiming to have your shot lined up when you poke) much, much easier.

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 28, 2015

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

MoraleHazard posted:

Also, grinding the Russian medium line, I kept my T-34, should I side-grade to the SU-85?

Yes, the Soviet TD line is both solid and fun. After the SU-100, you can either choose the sluggish, stealthy, high (152mm!) alpha branch or the fast, stealthy, high DPM branch. Personally I chose the alpha line, and it has been both profitable and loads of fun.

MoraleHazard posted:

And from the T-34-85, I was thinking of going the T-44 route. Is that good, bad, or not matter?

The T-44 route is not bad, I'm in the midst of it. I suggest that from the 34-85 you get the KV-13, then the T-43 as a cheap side-grade. It's a bit more expensive than the T-43 alone, but making the IS line available for cheap is well worth it, even if you don't start on it now.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 28, 2015

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
IS8 or M103? I can only afford one.

I have done significantly better in the IS and IS-3 than I did in the T29 and T32. But American heavies were the first line I went down so the difference in performance can probably be attributed to my different skill level.

Also, I could have a crew with several skills for the M103 thanks to these winter missions, and I'd rather not promote my IS or IS-3 crews because I like those tanks and want to keep them.

Magres posted:

E: Random mod a friend linked me to last night that's really nice here. It makes it so your autoaim will, within a circle around your cursor, snap to the nearest tank instead of requiring LoS to a tank to autoaim at it. You still have to have your target spotted (it's not a cheat), but it makes fighting on the move (or autoaiming to have your shot lined up when you poke) much, much easier.

How is that not a cheat?!

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 28, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

NotWearingPants posted:

IS8 or M103? I can only afford one.

I have done significantly better in the IS and IS-3 than I did in the T29 and T32. But American heavies were the first line I went down so the difference in performance can probably be attributed to my different skill level.

Also, I could have a crew with several skills for the M103 thanks to these winter missions, and I'd rather not promote my IS or IS-3 crews because I like those tanks and want to keep them.

Well you have the tanks that can lead up to great things I thinks. The IS-4 is a thing, certainly. But the E5 is a better thing. I never had a problem playing my 103 as a 9. It's no E75, but it can be great.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 28, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

NotWearingPants posted:

Autoaim is garbage unless the stars align just right. Ping too high, ping too low, slow turret, strange terrain, certain tanks like the Cruiser 2 - all of these things can make autoaim worse than useless. It isn't great to miss under twenty meters on stationary targets.

Of course sometimes you just speed around at 400 meters and pen ten in a row and that feels nice.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Poil posted:

You could always...

"Huh, I thought the Brits named their American tanks after US Generals. I don't get why there is a Lee since he was a traitor to his country and all."

That would probably do it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

Autoaim is garbage unless the stars align just right. Ping too high, ping too low, slow turret, strange terrain, certain tanks like the Cruiser 2 - all of these things can make autoaim worse than useless. It isn't great to miss under twenty meters on stationary targets.

Of course sometimes you just speed around at 400 meters and pen ten in a row and that feels nice.

I would never use it when firing normally. I didn't even have it mapped on my keyboard until the Chaffee races. But it's awesome for light tanks like the Bulldog when you are circling someone.

Or like today I was in my T-44 against a Pershing and a 13 75 at close quarters and I kept auto-aim on the 13 75 and was able to live long enough to kill it. Without auto-aim I would never have been able to keep my aim on a light tank and juke around to avoid getting shot long enough to kill the 13 75.

It has its uses.

The only difficult part is getting the opposing tank highlighted so you can turn it on. Or hitting it twice because you thought you missed it the first time and accidently turning it off. That's why it seems like a cheat to me. It's extremely difficult to set autoaim when popping over the hill for a quick scouting look on a map like Prokorov or Ruinberg.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
You guys have no clue about how the eu server works if you think that you can troll it in English. No one will even understand a word of it. The new Xvm feature that shows the client language revealed that only a fraction of the players use the English client.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Cippalippus posted:

You guys have no clue about how the eu server works if you think that you can troll it in English. No one will even understand a word of it. The new Xvm feature that shows the client language revealed that only a fraction of the players use the English client.

Yay 'murica.

rockopete posted:

Yes, the Soviet TD line is both solid and fun. After the SU-100, you can either choose the sluggish, stealthy, high (152mm!) alpha branch or the fast, stealthy, high DPM branch. Personally I chose the alpha line, and it has been both profitable and loads of fun.

The T-44 route is not bad, I'm in the midst of it. I suggest that from the 34-85 you get the KV-13, then the T-43 as a cheap side-grade. It's a bit more expensive than the T-43 alone, but making the IS line available for cheap is well worth it, even if you don't start on it now.

Okay, I was thinking about grinding the Russian heavies (although I went American to start), but that suggestion might make more sense.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 28, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Cippalippus posted:

poo poo y'all better start speakin Texan, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Just got SPG-14 done with a 4600 damage game in the M40/43 that got me my Ace badge and top XP on the team :negative:

Next game, 3200 damage and just enough XP for SPG-15 :hellyeah:

Cippalippus posted:

That's why you need your chatwheel to have an option that says "BOW BEFORE YOUR GOON OVERLORDS" in seven different languages.