Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Libertine posted:

We disagree on all of the fundamental principles here fnox. I have nothing more to add.

this is what happens when i flush my toilet, but for some reason that is not what happens when the euro people things flush theirs, i dont care to explain why but the analogy is uncanny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Etrips posted:

So... I haven't jungled since early S4. Is there a new guide I should be following for the early game / general jungle play?

Every camp does something different if you smite it now. Gromp makes you poison things that attack you (technically the only buff besides blue and red that's actually effective in a fight), Krugs makes you stun a minion or monster on every sixth attack, wolves gives you a moving ward in your own jungle and wraiths gives you temporary ward detection for a single ward.

Jungling is still pretty standard except it's common to start at either krugs or gromp because of how they improve your jungling speed (if I start bottom as Nautilus I find I actually go faster and healthier if I do red first, so it depends on how you feel), and you should get either Ranger's Trailblazer or whatever the one that makes your smite slow people as your jungle item.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Lovechop posted:

jungle quinn is good and everyone should play it forever

Where/how would you do the first clear on her? I don't really know about ranged junglers in S5. I'd imagine Quinn is a bit different from the others on the sheer fact she isn't an adc anyways.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I haven't read the patch notes yet, but didn't they halve the number of leashes before a reset such that jungle Quinn would take much more damage?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

dat Jinx video:

http://promo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/music-of-league/

Track 13

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

isnt Varus one of the least played AD carries?

I play varus :( I'm pretty hyped for this skin, I never really liked Arclight or Artic Ops. Also, I hope they don't have a new voice but have new cheerful sound effects so that Varus will yell THE GUILTY WILL KNOW AGONY and then shoot a little heart at someone with a little harp noise.

Also, super pumped about tibbers buffs! I never liked DFG Annie but I love getting tons of damage out of tibbers punching people in the face with sunfire cape on.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHoYkN5DFLw oh my god it's perfect :allears:

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 28, 2015

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I grab sightstone on junglers because visions keeps more people alive and gives the team a lot more than me grabbing a brutalizer and trying to 1v1 dudes usually does but idk im not good at this game.

woah i didn't know crumbzz had an sa account i'm sorry man don't check the competitive thread okay? We all love you there.

edit; this video is still oddly relevant to the discussion;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLyVPleyP2o&t=29s

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dat Jinx video that came out before Jinx even did

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
ATTN Thead, if you have not listened to the Music of League release yet you should stop whatever you're doing and go get some because Quinn's Theme is just as OP as underpowered is the champion, cya later. I cannot believe they improved an already amazing theme this much!

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why wasn't Vi's song on that list :(

Here comes Vi was pretty neato

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It'll probably be on Volume 2, along with Lucian's. Although you can already download both for free off the official Soundcloud.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Tyty posted:

Where/how would you do the first clear on her? I don't really know about ranged junglers in S5. I'd imagine Quinn is a bit different from the others on the sheer fact she isn't an adc anyways.

you clear on really high health because you can start on krugs with blind, then kite all the mobs after around with Q and E. her clear is really easy and actually faster than a lot of junglers. try it out!

fnox
May 19, 2013

once you learn where to stand to not get hit that much and knowing when the camp is going to reset, clears with ADCs become easy, even if they are a bit slow.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
I'm having an insane amount of fun jungling as Vi. Does she see a lot of play in ranked?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Asema posted:

All of their music is free on the league of legends soundcloud

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

morning wood posted:

I'm having an insane amount of fun jungling as Vi. Does she see a lot of play in ranked?

Yep - she's right below the god tier (Rek'sai/Jarvan) in terms of place in the metagame and effectiveness.

Basically any jungler that can use Warrior effectively is going to be mediocre at worst - it's by far the best of the enchants in terms of allowing you to apply pressure in the early/mid-game.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Asema posted:

Are you playing again? Let's duo placements.

Whoever was asking about Vi: she is the best champ in the game bar none. Murder half their team and them jump away with a q spamming laugh.
Seriously she does crazy burst damage and snowballs harder than most champions in the game.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RC Cola posted:

Are you playing again? Let's duo placements.

Whoever was asking about Vi: she is the best champ in the game bar none. Murder half their team and them jump away with a q spamming laugh.
Seriously she does crazy burst damage and snowballs harder than most champions in the game.

I've been on lately BUT YOU HAVEN'T SO I MEAN

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

wodin posted:

Yep - she's right below the god tier (Rek'sai/Jarvan) in terms of place in the metagame and effectiveness.

Basically any jungler that can use Warrior effectively is going to be mediocre at worst - it's by far the best of the enchants in terms of allowing you to apply pressure in the early/mid-game.

With the jungle being harder hitting and with the lack of Spirit Stone sustain, I've found myself going Stalker's Blade -> Tiamat on some junglers like Kha and Wukong who otherwise take too hard a hit to their health/mana when clearing camps between ganks. It's a costly item and I only do it after a spree of successful early ganks, though.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Flower posted:

With the jungle being harder hitting and with the lack of Spirit Stone sustain, I've found myself going Stalker's Blade -> Tiamat on some junglers like Kha and Wukong who otherwise take too hard a hit to their health/mana when clearing camps between ganks. It's a costly item and I only do it after a spree of successful early ganks, though.

Are you not utilizing W as wukong because after his first round of clears you shouldn't have an issue :o

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
How in the gently caress do I convince terrible low gold players to ban J4? He's been the reason behind me losing 5 of the 6 games I've played today.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The secret to gaining elo is always play strong junglers, look up your opponents team, and camp the lane with the biggest lose streak until they ragequit and win 4v5.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

The secret to gaining elo is always play strong junglers, look up your opponents team, and camp the lane with the biggest lose streak until they ragequit and win 4v5.

this is frontpage on reddit :colbert:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

fnox posted:

this is frontpage on reddit :colbert:
I actually just did it and never saw it :(

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Space Flower posted:

I don't know or care about jungle bug but Tiamat gives literally no sustain so I assume you mean hydra. Wu doesn't really need it if you buy a couple pots each back and use W to avoid damage - his clear is really fast once he gets warrior and brutalizer. I've gone hydra a couple times when we already had two tanks or I was snowballing hugely but most of the time I'd rather pick up LW and brut for Trukong.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

fnox posted:

which is fairly avoidable if you're looking at the map and can see where the top and midlaner are. ping your teammates to follow them if they're heading towards you. if you can't see them, and you don't know where they are, don't invade.

if you invade and find the enemy jungler, there is almost always time for the midlaner/toplaner to come and murder you before you can steal buff/kill the other guy

unless you want to burn flash or have flashy escapes like Lee Sin

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
had some good goonmans tonight, very back and forth games and toplane was really fun!

Also, remind me to ban Xin Zhao from Robin Olds, you're an absolute monster with that crazy tank build.

fnox
May 19, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

if you invade and find the enemy jungler, there is almost always time for the midlaner/toplaner to come and murder you before you can steal buff/kill the other guy

unless you want to burn flash or have flashy escapes like Lee Sin

you do have a midlaner as well dude. if he gets over (ping the gently caress out of the enemy midlaner), and you're over there, it's 2 vs 1. it's about being smart and correctly assessing the situation so you know your risks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Today I learned the new Fizz that does % dm doesn't cap on monsters and nukes the jungle. Gj rito

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Today I learned the new Fizz that does % dm doesn't cap on monsters and nukes the jungle. Gj rito

Well, keep in mind that these are the guys who seem to have trouble remembering what Warwick does.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

My duo partner and I hate each other and it's wonderful:

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

fnox posted:

i'm actually surprised they haven't nerfed Jarvan, he's been top tier for like 4 patches years now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

My duo partner and I hate each other and it's wonderful:

This... this is real Rek'Sai.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

This... this is real Rek'Sai.

What's even better is that they explicitly made the wall and gap behind the nexus bigger to prevent people from back dooring that way back when they still gave a poo poo claimed to give a poo poo about TT.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Is there any case to be made right now for AD quints on an ADC? I feel like AS quints are standard, but I find myself cringing when I miss cs with 1-4 HP because I didn't have AD quints. Is it best to just bite the bullet and learn to not be a shitter when farming and sacrifice the AD? I feel really weak during trades without them...

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Asema posted:

I've been on lately BUT YOU HAVEN'T SO I MEAN

Well shoot me a message or something geeze. I haven't played at all this season because of work and poo poo

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

AHH FUGH posted:

Is there any case to be made right now for AD quints on an ADC? I feel like AS quints are standard, but I find myself cringing when I miss cs with 1-4 HP because I didn't have AD quints. Is it best to just bite the bullet and learn to not be a shitter when farming and sacrifice the AD? I feel really weak during trades without them...

Mix them to your preference and find what works for you. Depending on the champion, people will run 3 AS, 2 AS/1 AD, 2 AD/1 AS, 3 AD, and even 1 AD/AS/Armor.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

I don't know or care about jungle bug but Tiamat gives literally no sustain so I assume you mean hydra.

Tiamat gives Heath Regen.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I feel like attackspeed helps more for lasthitting on most champions than ad does. Like on caitlyn its completely horrible to cs without some attackspeed in there, ive even run full attackspeed marks and quints some games but its better with a mix i feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Darth Windu posted:

I don't know or care about jungle bug but Tiamat gives literally no sustain so I assume you mean hydra. Wu doesn't really need it if you buy a couple pots each back and use W to avoid damage - his clear is really fast once he gets warrior and brutalizer. I've gone hydra a couple times when we already had two tanks or I was snowballing hugely but most of the time I'd rather pick up LW and brut for Trukong.

Well in a way its kind of like sustain because you clear the camp way faster without having to use mana to do so, so you're taking less damage overall. Its a p expensive item to buy out of the jungle but then Hydra is probably the best by-slot AD stick for melees.

• Locked thread