Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

DownByTheWooter posted:

well, most of gip would get free vasectomies, so that would be cool

My work insurance covered all of mine except for the pre-op bloodwork's copay of $50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i'm doing my part :argh:

but what about when the gay conspiracy figures out how to make butt babies? then you'll be one of the BREEDERS

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Social services should be free and widely available but require permanent sterilization. Any existing children will be inducted into state institutions for reeducation and training to serve as cannon fodder for the inevitable resource wars.

We can rely on the Quiverfull Movement to provide warm bodies for the machine when the supply of rabble dries up.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Potential BFF posted:

Social services should be free and widely available but require permanent sterilization.

Can we include tax credits?

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

That pic sais it all about Russia getting away from the airliner that got shot down by them haha, well unfortunately Russia can get away with pretty much anything nowadays since it's such an important state. I also believe that some of the stuff happening right now in the world is just made on purpose by the governments but I may just be wrong.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

NyxBiker posted:

That pic sais it all about Russia getting away from the airliner that got shot down by them haha, well unfortunately Russia can get away with pretty much anything nowadays since it's such an important state. I also believe that some of the stuff happening right now in the world is just made on purpose by the governments but I may just be wrong.

Man its too bad the US can't get away with anything like invading a country under false pretenses, destabilizing the region, killing a bunch of people etc all with a bunch of friends while Russia just has to take an insignificant part of their neighbor and maybe supply some advanced weapons systems to people who shouldnt have them and before you know it everyone is sanctioning them and the ruble is poo poo etc. Or something like that.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Can we include tax credits?

Won't be necessary, the production value of a Citizen requires no taxation. Corporate economic and industrial tithes are extracted from the owners of non-nationalized companies to cover the costs of governance leaving the Citizen free to pursue civic enrichment. Those that fail to contribute to the good of the nation are not penalized beyond sterilization and mandatory nonparticipation in civic discourse.

Those that are malleable enough to "serve" in the ranks of the engineered "communities" within the Duggar Doctrine Judeochristian extremist exclusion zones should provide enough raw human material to die for rare earths in the Xinjiang chem-wastes.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Potential BFF posted:

Won't be necessary, the production value of a Citizen requires no taxation. Corporate economic and industrial tithes are extracted from the owners of non-nationalized companies to cover the costs of governance leaving the Citizen free to pursue civic enrichment. Those that fail to contribute to the good of the nation are not penalized beyond sterilization and mandatory nonparticipation in civic discourse.

Those that are malleable enough to "serve" in the ranks of the engineered "communities" within the Duggar Doctrine Judeochristian extremist exclusion zones should provide enough raw human material to die for rare earths in the Xinjiang chem-wastes.

lol

This is the height of cuisine. Nothing will top this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/26/kfc-double-down-dog_n_6547524.html

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Shim, the buck stops with you

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=128034#.VMZkMn8Lz5g.twitter

quote:

Dempsey Sponsors Essay Competition to Honor Saudi King

By Jim Garamone
DoD News, Defense Media Activity
WASHINGTON, Jan. 26, 2015 – The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has established a research and essay competition in honor of Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Bin Abdul-Aziz hosted by the National Defense University.
The king, who died Jan. 23 at age 90, oversaw the modernization of his country’s military during the time he spent as commander of the Saudi Arabian National Guard, a position he held from 1963 until he became king in 2005.
Army Gen. Martin E. Dempsey said the essay competition is a fitting tribute to the life and leadership of the Saudi Arabian monarch.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
you gotta admit the Saudi's are like the ultimate gear queers

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Armed Forces Foundation head and noted racecar driver-dating psycho Patricia Driscoll, callsign Pocket Commando, apparently attempted a smear campaign on the USO and to undercut PVA's involvement with NASCAR and may have violated her choice of child labor laws (a 7-year old supposedly volunteering 8 hours a day at numerous events in exchange for first class tickets) or tax code (writing off those same tickets) in the process of doing AFF events.

http://kickinthetires.net/news/370-leaked-documents-show-pettiness-of-pocket-commando.html

(This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Patricia Driscoll. :lol:)

Dead Reckoning posted:

The world doesn't need any more Palins.

But then who else from their clan will make bad decisions and then gain notoriety for them while picking up well-paying speaking gigs on the pitfalls of their said decisions?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 27, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rumor going around is that Bergdahl will be charged with desertion.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Rumor going around is that Bergdahl will be charged with desertion.

From what I've read it'd probably be justified, but I kinda think that a couple years getting the poo poo kicked out of him by every Talib who wanted to hear a white guy scream "Oh my Sheikh!" was probably punishment enough.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

From what I've read it'd probably be justified, but I kinda think that a couple years getting the poo poo kicked out of him by every Talib who wanted to hear a white guy scream "Oh my Sheikh!" was probably punishment enough.
Well we can't just let every dipshit who decides to hike home a get out of jail free card just because they suffered in the attempt.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Barracuda Bang! posted:

How do Dutch citizens seem to feel about Rutte and the administration acting in this way?

Speaking for myself, I'm pretty disappointed but willing to withhold judgement until we see the official response when the investigation comes to the conclusion that it was the separatists.
I'm afraid it will be as spineless as we've been so far though.

It also reinforces that culturally there is no such thing as a European citizen identity, because outside of the Netherlands people obviously care even less.
Without that we're limited to endlessly compromised sanctions because on our own we're just to small and dependent on the outside world.
According to wikipedia the total size of our imports+exports is 150% of GDP compared to 30% for the US. That is largely a good thing but it limits our options in this case.

So the best Rutte can do is lobby like hell with the rest of Europe for a harsher response. I imagine this sort of stuff happens behind closed doors but I would like to see a sign we're at least playing the underhanded game.

tl;dr:
The powerful do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

edit: It has also reinforced in my mind that even though I'm a pretty big proponent of European integration from a practical/efficiency/effectiveness perspective, it is crucial we remain close friends of the US at the same time.
If that means buying some of your awful F35s to gain favour, so be it.

AlexanderCA fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 27, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Meteorologists Forecast Bowe Bergdahl poo poo Storm

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

AlexanderCA posted:

If that means buying some of your awful F35s to gain favour, so be it.

You don't have to do that, we know they're poo poo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

You don't have to do that, we know they're poo poo.

The F-35 is like the Cutco of fighter jets. Except at least Cutco knives can be used for their intended purpose.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Cutco knives also have a pretty wide operating temperature range.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
White House Drone Crash Is Tied to Drunken Spy Agency Employee

Anyone heard from iyaayas01?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

What's up with the ISIS flag saying Allah is the prophet of Muhammad (Allah rasool muhammad) instead of Muhammad is the prophet of Allah like it's supposed to?

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

What's up with the ISIS flag saying Allah is the prophet of Muhammad (Allah rasool muhammad) instead of Muhammad is the prophet of Allah like it's supposed to?

Arabic is read right to left?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Roundboy posted:

Arabic is read right to left?

But not bottom to top.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

joat mon posted:

But not bottom to top.

Well that just depends on your established coordinate system.

i have no idea .

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Yeah the part at the top of their flag is the standard "There is no God other than Allah" or whatever. It's the circle part in the middle where it gets weird.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

Yeah the part at the top of their flag is the standard "There is no God other than Allah" or whatever. It's the circle part in the middle where it gets weird.

maybe theyre like arabic freemasons or some spooky poo poo :tinfoil:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
So when you guys hear about some tragedy in India, do you also automatically "adjust for inflation"? Like, I hear "ten thousand killed in a riptide at an India beach" and adjust it in my head to "that's about 6 people in a country with a non-batshit population density"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I just assume that's a shift of call center workers.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'd presume it's a slow Tuesday.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

lol

my drones crash enough on their own for no reason at all, don't need drunken operators.

that said kamikazeeing a quad-copter on the WH lawn while I"m hammered seems like a pretty legit way to spend a Sunday night.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I'm drunkenly catching up on my anti-ISIL news through wikipedia. On a whim I went to the page for the Peshmerga, and found out that their name literally translates to "one who confronts death." That owns hard.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Kurdish is Indo-European, so the cognates are pretty obvious. I wish the French would simply start calling them les Face-Morts.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Raul wants Gitmo back before relations are normalized. I'm just really keen on Rubio cutting his wrists.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Other than storing terrists there, I can't think of any strategic reason to keep Gitmo if relations with Cuba were normalized.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zeroisanumber posted:

Other than storing terrists there, I can't think of any strategic reason to keep Gitmo if relations with Cuba were normalized.

Other than it SHITS ON THE MEMORY OF ALL WHO SUFFERED FROM CASTRO :downs:?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Remember the Maine!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Send a message to Garcia!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Other than it SHITS ON THE MEMORY OF ALL WHO SUFFERED FROM CASTRO :downs:?

:911::911:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Man thats an unfortunate headline....

Story here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
So does anyone know whats happening in Ukraine these days? The D&D thread is such a cesspool of smugness and, weirdly, pride in ignorance that I can't stand to sift through it for nuggets of information.

• Locked thread