Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Calaveron posted:

New characters!

http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara05.html
Apparently named "Chia"

http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara04.html

Sorta wish I knew japanese, but apparently the guy's name is somethingsomething VAN DAMME

That's clearly Shulk and Dickson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sweet, they actually look like humans

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

Sweet, they actually look like humans

I'm not sure about that. "Chia" looks like they still have that weird face.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mustache dude looks like a person at least! There's hope!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I like that the ladies all have full tuff armor and I hope it doesn't all transform into weird swimsuits the second you equip something.

But yikes this game has bad faces

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Not sure where you're getting Chia from. Her page shows her name as Irina in both katakana and the alphabet.

On another note, Van Damme appears to be wearing chaps which are exposing vaguely metallic underpants.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I can't wait to hate this game in 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

On another note, Van Damme appears to be wearing chaps which are exposing vaguely metallic underpants.

You gotta carry that weight, Space Cowboy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Powerful crotch..

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Are those crotchless chaps?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I just ordered a Xenoblade Chronicles poster online. I can’t wait to get it! The only question that remains is -- where do I put said poster. I was thinking of hanging it above my PC gaming rig and I already took the measurements and it's going to be a perfect fit. BUT, I also want to hang it above my big ol' 42' TV so whenever I am watching TV or console gaming I have that sweet rear end Monado gazing back at me. Only problem is it's not that big a poster but it still looks badass and I am really considering the TV option. In anticipation for Xenoblade Chronicles X I am replaying the first one, so I guess I can always place above the TV and move it later. Lets me get into the "feel" of the game too. Also any clues when the Miiverse will open?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Link to poster?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Anime Curator posted:

I just ordered a Xenoblade Chronicles poster online. I can’t wait to get it! The only question that remains is -- where do I put said poster. I was thinking of hanging it above my PC gaming rig and I already took the measurements and it's going to be a perfect fit. BUT, I also want to hang it above my big ol' 42' TV so whenever I am watching TV or console gaming I have that sweet rear end Monado gazing back at me. Only problem is it's not that big a poster but it still looks badass and I am really considering the TV option. In anticipation for Xenoblade Chronicles X I am replaying the first one, so I guess I can always place above the TV and move it later. Lets me get into the "feel" of the game too. Also any clues when the Miiverse will open?

Put it wherever you see the poster the most. There you go. Also seconding a link to the poster.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Putting them through Google Translate...

Irina: Full of a sense of mission "Blade" personnel. Private military organization affiliation of "Blade".
In the Earth, has been a member of the integrated government forces special operations vehicle instructor Corps (commonly known as "Doll Corps"), Elma is superior officer at that time.
Even now it has been put into a "Blade" personnel, adores the Elma, you are respected.
It is owner of Sabasaba personality of Otokomasari, but is full of sense of mission to protect the people who live in planet Mira.

VAN DAMME: Commander of the private military organization "Blade".
Previously, I had served as a chief engineer in the interstellar immigrant ship "Moby Dick".
There is a place of outrageously to anyone a Gohorairaku, scratches the mouth is bad is the ball.

By the way, I do like how out of the 6 characters revealed so far, 4* are female, one's a Nopon, and one's a big burly dude named VAN DAMME.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Irina posted:

Blade trooper with a strong sense of duty

Member of the militia group "Blade".
On Earth, she served under Elma in the United Government Army Special Operations Vehicular Instruction Company (a.k.a. Doll Company).
Now she is a trooper in Blade, but still respects and idolizes Elma.
Strong-willed and frank, she strongly feels that it's her duty to protect the humans who live on the planet Mira.

"If I couldn't respect my former commander, I would've made it clear a long time ago, even if she was a general or an admiral."

Van Damme posted:

Blade's sharp-tongued commanding officer

Commanding officer in the militia group "Blade".
Formerly served as the chief engineer on the interstellar colony ship "White Whale".
He is big-hearted and treats everyone with the same laid-back and informal attitude, but also has a pretty sharp tongue.

"Whoa, that's harsh. Are you a tsundere or something?"

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Irina has a gun so she must be the healer, right? :v:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Anime Curator posted:

I think you should get the poster retrofitted onto a body pillow so that you can gently caress it whenever you're in the mood. Make that Monado learn a new art.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The Black Stones posted:

a link to the poster.

dont remember this zelda

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

planetarial posted:

There's a five minute offscreen gameplay footage of Xenoblade 3D here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8HNLX7xpeM

This looks really good! A lot of people seemed concerned about the frame rate, and graphics of the 3DS version, and this gives me a lot of confidence that neither are going to be a problem.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Louisgod posted:

I think you should get the poster retrofitted onto a body pillow so that you can gently caress it whenever you're in the mood. Make that Monado learn a new art.

Youre a little weird, Lgod.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Youre a little weird, Lgod.

I was just trying to give the Curator of Anime an alternative so he could be with his poster at all times.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hoping I can create something close to Fei or Citan Uzuki for a MC in this game. What are we thinking for a US release, October/November?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm a teeny bit annoyed there aren't any (that I've seen) quality of life UI improvements, they just shuffled everything to the lower screen. Mainly, I want an indicator for 'this person has aggro' on the UI itself maybe by the character portrait -- the red circle around the character model in game is reaaallly easy to lose track of.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Kingtheninja posted:

Hoping I can create something close to Fei or Citan Uzuki for a MC in this game. What are we thinking for a US release, October/November?

I saw a preorder card at Target and the amount of talk they are giving localization this time it looks like Summer.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Louisgod posted:

I was just trying to give the Curator of Anime an alternative so he could be with his poster at all times.

Please do not speak ill of anime in the Xeno thread thanks

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I hope the game lets you play as BEEF DICKSON

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Jesus, I read the rest of the thread and I'm still laughing at this

Somehow the eyes on that Irinachia look more dead than anyone in Xenoblade.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Sure its a mock up of the box most likely but man its getting more real every day.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Junkie Disease posted:

Sure its a mock up of the box most likely but man its getting more real every day.

I can't see anything because the gigantic Monster Hunter 4 game guides are in the way.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That looks sexy as hell.

...are those Amiibo cards on the left???

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mak0rz posted:

I can't see anything because the gigantic Monster Hunter 4 game guides are in the way.

Jesus those are phonebooks. :stare:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Jesus those are phonebooks. :stare:

It took me a moment to process that those are not just a bunch of books stacked together and wrapped up, but instead each wrapped up package is one entire book.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That looks sexy as hell.

...are those Amiibo cards on the left???

Probably a security measure. Take the card to the counter, and they pull the model out of stock.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
So, the latest issue of Famitsu has a 10 page feature on Xenoblade X. I haven't seen scans yet, but there's a bunch of tidbits on Japanese blogs already:

-You can pick one of several different voice actors for the main character
-Map on the gamepad shows player location and quest goal areas, also allows fast travel to already visited areas.
-Unlike its predecessor, the game is an open-world RPG that allows you to advance to plot in multiple different areas at the same time.
-Lots of vocal songs on the soundtrack
-The X ("cross") in the title symbolizes several players playing together online. The game isn't an MMO, but rather a "loosely connected online game", whatever that means.
-The soundtrack has around 90 tracks
-The game world is around 400 square kilometers in size.
-Combat is based on Xenoblade's, but made to feel faster and more "action-y".
-No dedicated healer, healing is done through the Soul Voice system.
-4 character parties
-Way more unique monsters and equipment
-Takahashi replayed the game to give it a final inspection and it took him over 300 hours

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
gently caress vocal songs, give me organic ambiance. I cringe every time I hear lyrics in video game music, especially in Japanese tracks.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
If they actually had multiple voice actors do full voice lines for a rpg then :stare:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

NTT posted:

If they actually had multiple voice actors do full voice lines for a rpg then :stare:
The main character is silent, the only voice lines are when they call out attacks/other stuff in battle.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Louisgod posted:

gently caress vocal songs, give me organic ambiance. I cringe every time I hear lyrics in video game music, especially in Japanese tracks.

I think we could all do with a DK rap via heropons

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

-Map on the gamepad shows player location and quest goal areas, also allows fast travel to already visited areas.

I really hope this also lets you find important NPCs related to quests. Finding NPCs was a pain in the rear end in XB.

Junkie Disease posted:

I think we could all do with a DK rap via heropons

XBX needs a Nopon version of the Good King Moggle Mog song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
More stuff:
-Near the start of the game, you join one of 8 different unions and do quests for them. The different unions are all in charge of different stuff like eliminating dangerous life forms, securing resources or developing weaponry. You can switch to a different union later on.
-The game pad map is made out of hexes. Touching a hex shows any events in the area and allows you to fast travel to the location.
-Dolls are extremely powerful, but aren't accurate enough to target enemies' individual body parts. Targeting body parts allows you to weaken enemies and obtain bonus items, so sometimes it pays off to fight outside your mech.
-Takahashi's 300 hour playthrough was not a 100% run.

• Locked thread