Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Dexters Secret posted:

its just you and me now wormskull. lets deal with all this sexual tension thats been building up between us while we have the chance

*starts filming from the gap in the closet doors*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hope the Dudelys come back or at least get a nod for the hall of fame. tag division has gotten a bit stale and having the Dudleys there could spice things up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been watching old rumbles on the network, because I had never seen a full wrestling match before last year's rumble, and the 1989 Royal Rumble is badass. There's a 25 minute segment where Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior flex in the ring while Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura talk about how sexy they are.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I've been watching old rumbles on the network, because I had never seen a full wrestling match before last year's rumble, and the 1989 Royal Rumble is badass. There's a 25 minute segment where Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior flex in the ring while Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura talk about how sexy they are.

lmao

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i watched the heyman documentary and not only did i learn a lot about him i learned a lot of the history of wwe that i didn't know before

its really interesting and kinda cool

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Twitter Guy announcer thing got to be a gimmick because even the NXT has one and everyone else seems kind of aware of it sometimes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The NXT guy even dresses exactly like Michael Cole.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Is there a WWE museum at all? Because there should be.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Skeezy posted:

heyman is a living wwe museum & side show

and i am gonna watch old lesnar matches cause i didn't realize he'd been with the company for so long

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Skeezy posted:

no, they have a hall of fame induction ceremony every year but theres no actual hall of fame

they want to build one but i think deals keeps falling through, like i think they were trying to get nbc universal to build it for them as part of their current tv deal

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

on the network, look up the as seen on youtube series and check out the wwe warehouse videos, they have a guy who worked at museums who takes care and organizes all their old stuff anyway and he shows off a bunch of cool stuff

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

elf help book posted:

no, they have a hall of fame induction ceremony every year but theres no actual hall of fame

they want to build one but i think deals keeps falling through, like i think they were trying to get nbc universal to build it for them as part of their current tv deal

Man I hope it happens one day because I've been watching those videos of the warehouse with Joey Styles and the WWE Archivist and there's so much cool poo poo that they have back there I'd love to see in person.

Isn't Triple H the one who's really into wrestling history more-so than Vince? At least H has always seemed like a huge wrestling nerd.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

elf help book posted:

on the network, look up the as seen on youtube series and check out the wwe warehouse videos, they have a guy who worked at museums who takes care and organizes all their old stuff anyway and he shows off a bunch of cool stuff

thats exactly what got me into asking lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

heyman is a living wwe museum & side show

and i am gonna watch old lesnar matches cause i didn't realize he'd been with the company for so long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amRLz9sxGp0

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sasha Banks is badass and this Genetically Superior stuff is fairly epic, and I think Black Baby Goku will appreciate it so I also suggest the NXT PPV or w/e.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Skeezy posted:

Man I hope it happens one day because I've been watching those videos of the warehouse with Joey Styles and the WWE Archivist and there's so much cool poo poo that they have back there I'd love to see in person.

Isn't Triple H the one who's really into wrestling history more-so than Vince? At least H has always seemed like a huge wrestling nerd.

i dont know whos really pushing for it, i have to assume vince would see it as a point of pride/legacy thing even if he doesnt care about wrestling history he cares about wwe history because its his family history

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a memory of hulk hogan doing this as well. who was it he pushed over in a wheel chair?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NXT TakeOver R-Evolution™.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

elf help book posted:

i dont know whos really pushing for it, i have to assume vince would see it as a point of pride/legacy thing even if he doesnt care about wrestling history he cares about wwe history because its his family history

makes sense.

triple h still reminds me of a really buff swole nerd who is into wrestling

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

theyve got another one planned for feb 11th

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

elf help book posted:

theyve got another one planned for feb 11th

they are a blast to watch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

NXT is good, and you caaaannt teeeaach that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Anime Curator posted:

they are a blast to watch

2 hours of awesome wrestling it loving owns.

also i think tickets are like $20 or something which is awesome

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea, i started watching the dec nxt event and it was really fun and the crowd is super into it even though it is smaller which i think is cool and there's a lot less stupid bullshit between matches

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The NXT Diva event on this one is epic as hell.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

hubris.height posted:

yea, i started watching the dec nxt event and it was really fun and the crowd is super into it even though it is smaller which i think is cool and there's a lot less stupid bullshit between matches

raw should be two hours of just straight wrestling with some decent promos sprinkled in but lol if that ever happens

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

NXT is on tonight? Gonna have to check that out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sami Zayn's intro is epic.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

maybe i'm going nuts but i remember one time watching raw or something i dunno. kurt angle came out and that awesome theme started playing

crowd hits him with the "you suck" chants to the tune of the song

i remember angle gets angry and tells everyone to stop and starts the song and entrance over

did this happen? because even if it didnt it sounds like a kurt thing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It turns into a ska song and the whole crowd starts skanking as he runs around the ring.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Sami Zayn's intro is epic.

ska man sami

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The NXT ring announcer is also cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Skeezy posted:

maybe i'm going nuts but i remember one time watching raw or something i dunno. kurt angle came out and that awesome theme started playing

crowd hits him with the "you suck" chants to the tune of the song

i remember angle gets angry and tells everyone to stop and starts the song and entrance over

did this happen? because even if it didnt it sounds like a kurt thing

yewah that was a thing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sometimes people now sing along to cenas theme "john cena suuuuucks! john cena suuuuuucks!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite wrestler is Tyler Breeze

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

sometimes people now sing along to cenas theme "john cena suuuuucks! john cena suuuuuucks!"

They did this on Sunday lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

My favorite wrestler is Tyler Breeze

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the selfietron is such a good idea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like all the best wrestlers, he sings his own entrance music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I honestly had no idea who Bryan was before I watched that doc with the kid with cancer. Now I am definitely a fan.