Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Tekopo posted:

theres an easy way to fix this (the rulebook is online)

If it isn't full by the time I get home (two hours or so) ill sign up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

if 01011001 is up for it we have 5

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

game on the terra mystica online thing is up now, check your home, me, burgertime, Lord Frisk and meme emulator should be up

to submit moves you need to click the buttons, that will create some text and then you need to :siren:SAVE THE TEXT:siren: or the move won't submit and we'll laugh at you

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Holy poo poo that SUSD update.. gently caress Quinns. I guess Paul was the one adding substance to their content and without it Quinns' snark just comes across as spiteful instead of funny.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Memulator i'll get back to you on that trade if I survive the winter holocaust about to engulf the northeast usa

I'm trying to organize my games by burnability/quality in case it comes to that. Slightly regretting letting go of all my FFG games now

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea Im only going to get an inch of snow so chances are I probably wont get a snow day tomorrow. An inch will usually shut the town down but it isnt expected to stick to the roads :<

Dec 26, 2012

Tekopo posted:

if 01011001 is up for it we have 5

ill sit this one out actually im gonna be sporadically busy over the next week or so. next one though im totally down

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

01011001 posted:

ill sit this one out actually im gonna be sporadically busy over the next week or so. next one though im totally down

You better watch out, I'll have half an idea about what I'm doing by then.

Dec 26, 2012

Lord Frisk posted:

You better watch out, I'll have half an idea about what I'm doing by then.

ive played terra mystica literally once so we'll be on even footing then

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

If you need a fifth I'll play again, but if someone else wants my spot they're welcome to it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

should be fine, please check the website regularly if you are in the game tia

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

playing fitl solo and holy poo poo how does nva make money
i got hit buy the bad 'trucks' event right before the first prop and spent an entire campaign trying to get above 3 resources

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

the idea behind the nva is that you need to build up supply stocks tbh

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

yeah i was gonna go for a long-term attrition game but that's kinda iffy when it took three prop cards to get where they need to be. i suppose irl i could hit the vc up for money but i dunno how much they''d go along with that

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
my little pony ccg is so popular at my local game store that they have bi-weekly game nights for it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

that video of final attack confirmed that broken loose, in fact, is not king phillip irl

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Zero impact to all animations. Makes the game look dry.

Plain white background: not great. Makes it seem very sterile and clinical.

man, can we talk about thhis?

art costs money. i'm doing all of my own artwork, but even with this i have no clue how people manage to afford to have their games in the forms they (now usually) are in for funding campaigns of all things. even worse is when a game is complete (and I don't mean FA! is notably incomplete, the only thing left is a portion of the artwork) to the point when a game has been manufactured and several copies of it are floating in the wild and sent to reviewers. what the gently caress do you even need the money for? it's kind of degrading to me as a person who actually needs funding to manufacture something that i'm literally doing all the rest of the work on.

now, I could physically take a prototype to tom vasel, who i've physically encountered by accident at my flgs, but outside of hand-making new prototypes for people there's no way I'm getting reviewer hits.

the whole thing just evades me conceptually.

StashAugustine posted:

that video of final attack confirmed that broken loose, in fact, is not king phillip irl

nigga you coulda clicked my profile

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
i really should make a less sweary, more up to date version of a raw gameplay video. there's a point about halfway through the gatling somersault video where the robeast evolves and like 3 of us start saying "poo poo" over and over again until i'm like "DICKBUCKETS"

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

stoutfish posted:

my little pony ccg is so popular at my local game store that they have bi-weekly game nights for it.
It's nice they have a game night for the little kids.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
pokemon tcg is a little too complex imo

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
Jeddit is an idiot

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

Jeddit is an idiot

Fuckin A

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Broken Loose posted:

art costs money. i'm doing all of my own artwork, but even with this i have no clue how people manage to afford to have their games in the forms they (now usually) are in for funding campaigns of all things. even worse is when a game is complete (and I don't mean FA! is notably incomplete, the only thing left is a portion of the artwork) to the point when a game has been manufactured and several copies of it are floating in the wild and sent to reviewers. what the gently caress do you even need the money for? it's kind of degrading to me as a person who actually needs funding to manufacture something that i'm literally doing all the rest of the work on.

now, I could physically take a prototype to tom vasel, who i've physically encountered by accident at my flgs, but outside of hand-making new prototypes for people there's no way I'm getting reviewer hits.

This to me is why the whole Kickstarter way of funding games just seems so rear end backwards. I feel like when someone goes to a publisher to pitch a game they have to have a really solid working prototype and then - if their game is accepted - the publisher hires someone to do all of the art and production and promotion. With Kickstarter, you have to basically lead with awesome visuals and production value and marketing and if you are lucky the audience might care about the mechanics to an extent; how long you playtested and balanced the game is going to be the last thing most backers will care about even checking.

Like I have read stories of DXV developing, playtesting, then pitching his prototypes (he has also posted the images of the original cards with google image art and comic sans font here) and then I look at something like Exploding Kittens which seems to have been conceived and hashed out in a weekend and then handed to the Oatmeal guy to illustrate, and it just makes me completely wary of Kickstarter games in general.

Obviously, you have the added challenge of this being a hard game to pitch conceptually without your name already being DXV or Vlaada Chvátil, so I understand why you are going the Kickstarter route and you totally have my support and pledge money. I'm just saying, um, I guess it sucks that expectations are set up the way they are.

Dec 26, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

nigga you coulda clicked my profile

gotta spend money to make money, generally speaking, unless you have some wild endorsement or a name to trade on. roughly everything works this way

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

aw gently caress I thought this was the other thread, apologies for the long post

Dec 26, 2012

no need to apologize it was an alright post

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

01011001 posted:

no need to apologize it was an alright post
how would you rate the post on a range from 'fun' to 'mindbendingly difficult'?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Guy A. Person posted:

aw gently caress I thought this was the other thread, apologies for the long post

You piece of poo poo

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

serious posts? serious posts?! WHO THE gently caress MADE SERIOUS POSTS!??

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also BL, I was planning on only doing the the minimum to get the game because I'm poor as poo poo but now I'm doing double the minimum just because Jedit's a tool, just an FYI

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i honestly dunno if i'm ever gonna play it but i'm gonna throw some money at it ive made worse financial descisions

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

bad financial decisions:

1. paying money to post on a forum

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

bad financial decisions:

1. paying money to post on a forum

i got a free copy of persona 3 portable from posting here, it paid off

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

yeah honestly i've gotten more than $10 in free steam games from people in the SA forums

Dec 26, 2012

Tekopo posted:

the post didnt have a very good art style and it didnt have themes that resonate with me like fantasy or zombies or cthulhus and wasnt nearly random enough so looks like this one's a mindbender folks

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

01011001 posted:

the post didnt have a very good art style and it didnt have themes that resonate with me like fantasy or zombies or cthulhus and wasnt nearly random enough so looks like this one's a mindbender folks

:(

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

just bought the LotR LCG for my girlfriend and I to co-op, hope this poo poo is as dope as it appears

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fuligin posted:

just bought the LotR LCG for my girlfriend and I to co-op, hope this poo poo is as dope as it appears

haven't gotten to play it as much as i want but yeah it pretty much owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Guy A. Person posted:

is all good man

• Locked thread