Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tequila Ranger posted:

So the entry at the bottom... What's a "Starweaver"?

I'm betting it's a Venom with jester bits, like how we all know the Jetbike is going to be a Reaver with jester bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm betting that Harlequin jetbikes won't make an appearance.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

For the new C'Tan powers, it'd be nice to see clarification on whether they can be used twice or not per shooting phase (since they count as ranged weapons). That might mitigate some of the ~wacky randomness~

panascope fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 28, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I can't see any reason why they'd be able to fire twice. It is a single weapon. It'd be like saying a Bloodthirster can use his whip twice.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I just learned that the Fire Raptor is in IA Volume 2 Second Edition. When I play it in my Codex Space Marine army, should I be using those rules or the "experimental" ones from the Forge World website? And how up-to-date is IA2v2 on other stuff like the Caestus, Mortis, and Contemptor?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So would 1-2 Tomb Awakened and 1-2 Battleforce boxes be a good buy for a Necron army?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Sulecrist posted:

I just learned that the Fire Raptor is in IA Volume 2 Second Edition. When I play it in my Codex Space Marine army, should I be using those rules or the "experimental" ones from the Forge World website? And how up-to-date is IA2v2 on other stuff like the Caestus, Mortis, and Contemptor?

IA2 is the most up-to-date rules for all of those units, but I don't think there's a major difference between that and the experimental rules on their website. I'd double-check if I were you though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I have no clue why that schmuck took the photos in black and white since it's the 21st century and all, but here's some color photos:

BULBASAUR posted:

Need some help: I'm wrapping up my dark admech detachment, and I want some cool looking cyber famliars/servo skulls. Anybody here have any interesting ideas on how to pull that off? I've been trying to find something that works and have been stumped.
Do you need servo skulls? I've got like 7 of the Tempestus Scions one:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Thanks for the color pics SRM. :)

Lungboy posted:

Harlequin Troupe £24 for 6, Solitaire £16. It doesn't look like the Death Jester or Shadow Weaver can be made from the standard Troupe box, so I'd guess there will be a second release the following week, maybe with the new vehicle?

Interestingly, they are no longer part of the standard Troupe. There's no option to upgrade troupers into them on the dataslate. I hope that marks a return to 1-3E Harlies where those dudes were ICs.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

SRM posted:

I have no clue why that schmuck took the photos in black and white since it's the 21st century and all, but here's some color photos:

Awww, it's like they are trying to be Infinity models, but way fatter :3:.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

And easier to put together.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Not to nitpick, but the metal harlies these are based on are older than most of infinities entire catalogue.

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!
Are their pictures in the Blood Angel codex of the new Blood Angel tactical squad painted in successor chapter colors? I get the impression that any other chapter such as their successors (I've always liked Flesh Tearers) just wouldn't "look right". I also get a similar vibe with Dark Angel successor chapters and the DA upgrade sprue (and I don't have that codex either).

In addition, are the only heavy weapons allowed in a BA tactical squad the heavy flamer or heavy bolter?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
That holofield or whatever effect on the Solitaire's coat is legitimately neat and an awesome touch of character besides the normal jokers in cheqeurs leaping at bizarre angles that harlequins generally get.

And I doubt new jetbikes are incoming, but a dual harlequin/craftworld jetbike kit would be amazing.

edit:

serious gaylord posted:

Not to nitpick, but the metal harlies these are based on are older than most of infinities entire catalogue.
I think he's talking more about the poses than the actual aesthetic of the model. Or something. And the old metal harlequins really look nothing like anything in Infinity, like how pretty much everything from that era looks nothing like any major miniature lines currently out.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

serious gaylord posted:

and there are no tits are arses hanging out wtf gw

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Devlan Mud posted:

That holofield or whatever effect on the Solitaire's coat is legitimately neat and an awesome touch of character besides the normal jokers in cheqeurs leaping at bizarre angles that harlequins generally get.

And I doubt new jetbikes are incoming, but a dual harlequin/craftworld jetbike kit would be amazing.

edit:

I think he's talking more about the poses than the actual aesthetic of the model. Or something. And the old metal harlequins really look nothing like anything in Infinity, like how pretty much everything from that era looks nothing like any major miniature lines currently out.

I was talking about the current metal range harlies that are leaping all over the place. The plastic ones arent doing anything new.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Devlan Mud posted:

He is referring to the harlequins that were released in 2006 which were metal, not the original RT harlequins. A quick google tells me that Infinity was created in 2005 so yeah, GW probably didnt copy them because GW have models made waaaay in advance.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

"Not to nitpick" :rolleyes:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Indolent Bastard posted:

Not [blank], but [synonymous with earlier blank]

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I hardly think "pirouetting off a piece of rubble" is something exclusive to either Warhams or Infinity.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Indolent Bastard posted:

You made a insipid "gently caress GW" comment. It was pointed out that what you said was daft. Don't get butt-hurt about it.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Harlies at least have a legit reason to look like a Cirque de Soleil act.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Sulecrist posted:

The "experimental" rules are the rules they put up for a vehicle on the site prior to it being released in a book. They are also open to feedback during that period of time for changes to the rules...

Once it is in print (in this example in IA2 2nd Ed) you should use the in print rules.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I'm seeing a lot of potential Vivecs.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
GW will roll back end times and blame it on CHIM

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

You made a insipid "gently caress GW" comment. It was pointed out that what you said was daft. Don't get butt-hurt about it.

I'll try not to be butt-hurt, but it's so hard to do when talking about Warhams.

E: BTW, the original comment was an attempt to express the fact that current "heroic scale minis" can look kind of doofy after you start working with other non-heroic scaled minis like Infinity or many Historical ranges. This doofiness is heightened when the models in question are supposed to be svelte. Even the older edition elves/eldar from GW look more trim that those harlequins. Now, having said all that I still like the harlequin aesthetic (I always have), I just think those ones look a bit too thick.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 28, 2015

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

double post.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'll try not to be butt-hurt, but it's so hard to do when talking about Warhams.

E: BTW, the original comment was an attempt to express the fact that current "heroic scale minis" can look kind of doofy after you start working with other non-heroic scaled minis like Infinity or many Historical ranges. This doofiness is heightened when the models in question are supposed to be svelte. Even the older edition elves/eldar from GW look more trim that those harlequins. Now, having said all that I still like the harlequin aesthetic (I always have), I just think those ones look a bit too thick.

You guys have a thread for this, please use it.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

SRM posted:

I'm just gonna say it: I don't actually like the posing on most of those Harlequins. Some of them do look really cool and dynamic, but a lot of them just look like they're prancing and mincing about and aren't intimidating at all.

Big Willy Style posted:

and there are no tits are arses hanging out wtf gw

Games Workshop literally doesn't know what women are. In the past two editions, they have printed a grand total of three female characters. You can generally count the number of even just pictures with women in them in a given codex on zero hands.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Well Canoptek Spyders got cheaper Weapon upgrades, I have no idea why people think Scarab farm is dead. Statistically Scarabs are better now has the unit can actually now harm T7+ and Imperial Knights. Don't see how that's a complaint.

3 Tomb Spyders w/ Twin linked Particle Beamers, Gloom Prism 5th edition ( 240)
10 Spyders 5th edition (150)

Total : 390

3 Tomb Spyders w/ 3 Twin Linked Particle Beamers, Gloom Prism (190)
10 Spyders (200)

Total : 390

Canoptek Formation

3 Tomb Spyders w/ Twin Linked Particle Beamers, Glood Prism (190)
10 Spyders (200)
6 Canoptek Wraiths (220)

Everything has a 4+ RP with in 12 of the Spyders.

Total : 610

What am I missing here? Some new rule ?

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 28, 2015

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

AbusePuppy posted:

Games Workshop literally doesn't know what women are. In the past two editions, they have printed a grand total of three female characters. You can generally count the number of even just pictures with women in them in a given codex on zero hands.

As a (man) player of both games, I am not really sure Infinity's attitude towards women is any better, at least as presented in their models. The background of infinity does make plenty of reference to female characters, but quite a few descriptions centre on how gorgeous they are. A very high proportion of Infinity models depicting women are blatantly stripper-posed sex objects, and almost all of them have some key differences to the male models - high heels, cocked hips, passive poses etc are all very much in evidence.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah, pretty much 99% of Scifi female models can be described as Part time Warrior, Full Time Whore.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
When I think of women in Infinity I always remember the highlander in a see-through wet t-shirt and micro-mini skirt, while the male companion model is wearing a kilt below the knees and a heavy winter jacket. And they are both on snow bases.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Genghis Cohen posted:

As a (man) player of both games, I am not really sure Infinity's attitude towards women is any better, at least as presented in their models. The background of infinity does make plenty of reference to female characters, but quite a few descriptions centre on how gorgeous they are. A very high proportion of Infinity models depicting women are blatantly stripper-posed sex objects, and almost all of them have some key differences to the male models - high heels, cocked hips, passive poses etc are all very much in evidence.

This is basically the reason the game's gained zero ground at my minis meta and why the local big gaming store won't stock it.

GW has been able to do gender before. About a quarter to a third of the basic wood elf Archer infantry for Fantasy are women, as well as most of their new line infantry kits, and they've done it in a way that is very much explicitly not sexual. So the way they consistently fail to anything even remotely like that for other armies that could justify it easily comes across as deliberate, which is somehow worse.

The Harlequins are a gateway to this, though, and I love that they're becoming a thing again! Can't help but wonder why I'd ever take an Eversor when the Solitaire exists, though.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

When I think of women in Infinity I always remember the highlander in a see-through wet t-shirt and micro-mini skirt, while the male companion model is wearing a kilt below the knees and a heavy winter jacket. And they are both on snow bases.

They aren't all that bad, but yeah... (slightly :nws: because pokies)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
:siren:Oh my god I'm finished with painting:siren:

Powered through my last Harpy to have a completely finished army:

My full 1850pt army plus a sideboard of a Toxicrene and Tyrannocyst for a 1000pt ally army on one convenient carry tray. I can hold the thing sideways and be secure nothing is going anywhere. It took forever but man it's satisfying to have it finished.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Sensational Pierre. It's been fun watching you put it all together.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

When I think of women in 40K I always remember Lelith Hesperax in a bra top and battle thong, while Drazhar is wearing a full body suit where you can't see any skin.

Also:

I'm off to the good GW thread, later :tipshat:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Rulebook Heavily posted:

This is basically the reason the game's gained zero ground at my minis meta and why the local big gaming store won't stock it.

GW has been able to do gender before. About a quarter to a third of the basic wood elf Archer infantry for Fantasy are women, as well as most of their new line infantry kits, and they've done it in a way that is very much explicitly not sexual. So the way they consistently fail to anything even remotely like that for other armies that could justify it easily comes across as deliberate, which is somehow worse.

The Harlequins are a gateway to this, though, and I love that they're becoming a thing again! Can't help but wonder why I'd ever take an Eversor when the Solitaire exists, though.

Yeah. It's a real shame tbh because I like everything about Infinity a lot, except that. Far better 40k's women-are-invisible sausagefest (which as a guy I have to admit I barely notice) than the nagging embarrassment of playing Infinity against a guy with a shitload of models with carefully painted tit-windows, suspenders and out-thrust buttocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

AbusePuppy posted:

I'm just gonna say it: I don't actually like the posing on most of those Harlequins. Some of them do look really cool and dynamic, but a lot of them just look like they're prancing and mincing about and aren't intimidating at all.
By design, dontfix

AbusePuppy posted:

Still better than the alternative of titty elves

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 28, 2015

• Locked thread