Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

What the gently caress? I wasn't included on a best AD carry list created by the 16th best AD carry in this region on his stream?

I will crush him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apollo really is a terrible adc and the fact that he ranks himself in the top 5 is going to make his eventual destruction by literally every other team in the league that much greater to watch.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Jerkface posted:

I will crush him.

Actually that sort of thing reminds me more of Kobe, but this works.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
im so ready for this weekend. now. cant wait for piglet to dominate this kid

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Badfinger posted:

Actually that sort of thing reminds me more of Kobe, but this works.

Wanting to crush is probably more Kobe, but being incredibly butthurt that a guy you never met before and who you are obviously better than didnt rank you in a personal list is definitely an A-rod thing.

God bless their vindictive, attention & approval craving hearts.

Michael Jordan would not say anything but show up every game and destroy Apollo.
Kobe would have a monster game and probably taunt him.
A-rod would show up outside Apollo's house every night screaming,'WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME'

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
apollo is a wasteman

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Apollo's rankings of AD Carries were:

4. Wildturtle
3. Doublelift
2. Sneaky
1. Apollo

Piglet's reactions, according to a moderator in his stream, were:

Apollo said that i'm not good at adc, how dare he?
I really want to play against him so that I can kill him. I really want to make him realize that he doesn't even deserve to bring up the name piglet.
I don't even know who the TIP adc is, I'm going to kill him if I meet him in game.
When we played against TiP he was so bad that i didn't even notice him.
When I heard that I was so annoyed and angry that it really pissed me off.

Of course, Piglet had a feud with Imp which was amazing. A friend of mine was translating some of the stuff Imp was saying and one of the things he would constantly refer to him as was the Korean equivalent to "Fuckboy"
Piglet's former S3 World's teammate Impact is on TiP which makes this even more exciting :allears:

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
The Imp-Piglet feud was loving amazing, and I can't wait for Pork Special to style on Adrian Apollo repeatedly.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
It's going to be really funny when piglet underperforms for a couple of weeks because he can't communicate with his support and people start calling for him to benched in favor of NA's #1 ADC Keith.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Jerkface posted:

Wanting to crush is probably more Kobe, but being incredibly butthurt that a guy you never met before and who you are obviously better than didnt rank you in a personal list is definitely an A-rod thing.

God bless their vindictive, attention & approval craving hearts.

Michael Jordan would not say anything but show up every game and destroy Apollo.
Kobe would have a monster game and probably taunt him.
A-rod would show up outside Apollo's house every night screaming,'WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME'

If you were making a non-ranked list of people you thought were cool, and Michael Jordan was just someone you named in the middle of the list instead of first for no particular reason, he would grab onto that and point to it in an interview 15 years later as inspiration from someone who "wronged" him. Until then, you'd never know. Michael Jordan is a crazy person. I want to find professional gaming's Michael Jordan. It's probably a Korean starcraft player, unfortunately. They already have the implacable facade.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Badfinger posted:

If you were making a non-ranked list of people you thought were cool, and Michael Jordan was just someone you named in the middle of the list instead of first for no particular reason, he would grab onto that and point to it in an interview 15 years later as inspiration from someone who "wronged" him. Until then, you'd never know. Michael Jordan is a crazy person. I want to find professional gaming's Michael Jordan. It's probably a Korean starcraft player, unfortunately. They already have the implacable facade.
5 years ago in Solo Queue someone called Faker a noob feeder, and that's his motivation for being Best in the World.

Crazy Larry posted:

It's going to be really funny when piglet underperforms for a couple of weeks because he can't communicate with his support and people start calling for him to benched in favor of NA's #1 ADC Keith.
I love how passive aggressive that Xpecial already was about Piglet before they even played a game in LCS together. "I can tell Keith something like.....DON'T DIE and he understands."

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
MJ would be the type of guy to constantly talk poo poo to you over whispers all game long and then smile and wink at you with the smuggest look on his face during the post-game handshake after he won the game with a penta.

Wally P
Jun 3, 2007
spoon!
Just caught up on some LPL games and holy poo poo OMG look terrifying. They completely shat on SHRC (granted without Namei), but OMG looks stellar so far. Very excited!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Imp always seemed to have the upper hand in the Pig/Imp feud. I said before I was worried that Piglet wasn't going to adapt well to NA because I think he's kind of thin-skinned. I'm sure it'll be entertaining either way.

I think it was Jatt laughing about how much Curse spent on piglet when they could have just got keith, I think everyone kind of agreed with him, especially Xpecial.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Kibner posted:

MJ would be the type of guy to constantly talk poo poo to you over whispers all game long and then smile and wink at you with the smuggest look on his face during the post-game handshake after he won the game with a penta.

I didn't even think about that. Cross-team messages aren't permitted, are they?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lustboy is making fun of Piglet now, he's my favorite troll.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

In case people didn't know, IEM Taipei is on right now, with Joe and Deman casting.

E: For some reason the game sound is basically non-existent?

The quarterfinal games they have up on youtube are pretty stompy but the second Bangkok Titans vs. Flash Wolves game features a top lane ADC build Leblanc.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Flameingblack posted:

re: Incarnati0n, people usually don't get over anger issues THAT easily. It's only been two years and I don't think he's had that much time to mature. What that means is if he were ever unbanned and messed up once, he would completely ruin any team he were on. Maybe he's a lot calmer now, but is the risk worth the reward? We saw what happened to SK at World's last year (Their Jungler using a racist name for his summoner and get banned for half of the group stages could have cost them a big opportunity at advancing)

C9 seems to have some organizational indecision - LoL and Hearthstone both focus on their players being as marketable and well-behaved as possible, but their Dota 2/CS:GO squads have prioritized talent first. So yeah, should be interesting to see how he turns out. He's definitely insanely talented.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Sexpansion posted:

It's 100% piglet and I absolutely love it. He's a prototypical star athlete - ridiculously talented and driven and totally a man-baby about stuff like that.

Yeah I can't complain if a star player gets super mad that he's not ranked number one by everybody before he's even come into a new region to play a game. That's The Hunger right there, and it's exactly what the league needs more of.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Badfinger posted:

I didn't even think about that. Cross-team messages aren't permitted, are they?

I think they're allowed, but not usually shown. I remember them showing the Poro King showmatch allchat until someone said "lol stop being gay" or something, and I know at IEM Cologne (or was it Hamburg?) last year, during Fnatic vs. CLG, Deman read out an all-chat message from Xpeke joking about "Best AD down" when Doublelift got ganked and killed.

It's definitely something both Riot and IEM have been more wary of showing ever since Diamond had that outburst in Season 2.

Flameingblack posted:

Lustboy is making fun of Piglet now, he's my favorite troll.

What's he saying?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

AdjectiveNoun posted:

It's definitely something both Riot and IEM have been more wary of showing ever since Diamond had that outburst in Season 2.

Wait, what? I don't remember this, what'd he do?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Taciturn Tactician posted:

They started cursing at the other team in all chat. Then they released an apology video that was more like a hostage video than anything else.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I'd forgotten Alex Ich got in on it as well.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
this is what happens when you put very competitive people from many different cultures in one room: they will find some reason to get mad at each other.

its just like charles barkley elbowing someone from angola

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
re: Imp v. Piglet --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvxwWl_e4jo

a classic

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Prime Time League starts in 25 minutes, tune in for high quality production value.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

wodin posted:

C9 seems to have some organizational indecision - LoL and Hearthstone both focus on their players being as marketable and well-behaved as possible, but their Dota 2/CS:GO squads have prioritized talent first. So yeah, should be interesting to see how he turns out. He's definitely insanely talented.

You're right, the team who's #1 streamer tells his subs "Welcome to my butthole" and reads donation comments about him having necrophiliac sexual encounters with his teammate is totally focused on everybody being mature and well behaved.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

K8.0 posted:

You're right, the team who's #1 streamer tells his subs "Welcome to my butthole" and reads donation comments about him having necrophiliac sexual encounters with his teammate is totally focused on everybody being mature and well behaved.

He's comparing them to Eternal Envy so

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
c9 is seriously the most fratty / least mature group of guys in pro league. That's not something I give a poo poo about, personally, but probably the team who famously got voice com highlighted shotcalling "cumshot in 5" doesn't care much if InCarNation was rude.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

the team who famously got voice com highlighted shotcalling "cumshot in 5"

When did this happen?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZV9YdGft0Y

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Yukari posted:

When did this happen?

You don't hear it as much because Elise is not very good right now, but I don't think I've ever heard Meteos call Elise's stun anything else.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

c9 is seriously the most fratty / least mature group of guys in pro league. That's not something I give a poo poo about, personally, but probably the team who famously got voice com highlighted shotcalling "cumshot in 5" doesn't care much if InCarNation was rude.

While it's certainly not optimal, and I'm not going to make the argument that it's perfect behavior, there's a world of difference between immature jokes and the racism/ableism/foam-at-the-mouth tirades you see from other players. On the spectrum of things 19-20yr old men constantly in the public spotlight are capable of, C9's on the fairly tame side.

quote:

He's comparing them to Eternal Envy so

Also this.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
people who dedicate their lives to play video games are really mature people like across the board.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hypocrisy posted:

They started cursing at the other team in all chat. Then they released an apology video that was more like a hostage video than anything else.

It really did look like one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC18DJNGX1s.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

wodin posted:

While it's certainly not optimal, and I'm not going to make the argument that it's perfect behavior, there's a world of difference between immature jokes and the racism/ableism/foam-at-the-mouth tirades you see from other players. On the spectrum of things 19-20yr old men constantly in the public spotlight are capable of, C9's on the fairly tame side.

Yeah, that might be immature (even though he's definitely not the only one who calls it that, it's a common silly joke), there's a difference between C9 being a bunch of 20 year old dudes (shocker) and that SK rear end in a top hat being hilariously, openly racist in a foreign country while about to play in an event millions of people of various races would watch. You can be immature and have a dumb, if age-appropriate, sense of humor without being an rear end in a top hat.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think it was intentional. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvTr2hXupjg

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Jerkface posted:

What the gently caress? I wasn't included on a best AD carry list created by the 16th best AD carry in this region on his stream?

I will crush him.

Seriously, I'm Gold 2 10 LP, what the gently caress? Further, my Caitlyn kda is 2.8....

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

M. Night Skymall posted:

You don't hear it as much because Elise is not very good right now, but I don't think I've ever heard Meteos call Elise's stun anything else.

Why doesn't he just say stun instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

CODChimera posted:

Why doesn't he just say stun instead?

Because he doesn't feel like it and the little joke makes it that much clearer which ability it is. When you've got a team with multiple stuns you have to actually name them or you risk the wrong one getting used. He could say cocoon if he needed to, but it's his call.

• Locked thread