Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Poil posted:

Only if it actually plays music for the other tanks and if you can leave paint marks for no damage (no friendly fire penalty) for the whole battle.
That would no doubt make it even more appealing, but I'd be content if it just had the loudspeaker on the side and a 90mm piece of pipe as a gun barrel.

I mean, I'm not actually expecting them to go through with that, I assume it was just a random idea thrown around. But a man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

There really isn't any reason to put any thought into or get mad about the winter mode guys. Just play the mammoth to guarantee the 2500 dmg and train up some American heavy crews quickly. The other 2 tanks aren't really worth it and winning means nothing :/

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Axetrain posted:

There really isn't any reason to put any thought into or get mad about the winter mode guys. Just play the mammoth to guarantee the 2500 dmg and train up some American heavy crews quickly. The other 2 tanks aren't really worth it and winning means nothing :/

I'm training my ARL V39 crew :colbert:

I am also a complete loving moron.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I just blocked 4700dmg with my Super Pershing.

Have pubbies forgot how to kill the thing?

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

NTRabbit posted:

You can't help but be a poo poo heel can you. 480 healing to a Polar Bear makes a huge difference, holding W and left clicking on enemies in it gets you dead because it turns like a pig and the map is nothing but sharp corners. Have you ever loving played it? Because you sound like you haven't.

Arctic Foxes are the healers bro. Mammoths are there to tank damage and shoot enemies, at best they're a last-ditch "oh poo poo keep this guy up until a Fox gets here" measure.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I think we should back to talking about botes. Wargaming released a new trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcb8G2jqGg

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

JuffoWup posted:

I think we should back to talking about botes. Wargaming released a new trailer:

Looks so good, I'm stupid excited.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

JuffoWup posted:

Sounds like they are getting better voice actors at least. Really wish every test weekend they had for that on a weekend on not traveling or busy during.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Goddammit people why do you keep doing this?

unlimited shrimp posted:

I just blocked 4700dmg with my Super Pershing.

Have pubbies forgot how to kill the thing?

They never knew how to, pubbie Super Pershings are just super bad.

I've seen a Super Pershing reverse-sidescraping.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

JuffoWup posted:

"Blown up an allied destroyer!"

Nice touch, WG.

e: oh and a ram at the end. good trailer.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 29, 2015

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
And people tell me not to use the 15cm (finished one mission ffs)

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Missing Name posted:

Speaking of the French TD line, is there actually any reason at all to do it anymore?
The Fochs are nerfed into oblivion and the S35 CA will be hosed in the next patch with the view range nerf.
Oh, well, I guess I'll put the Polar Bear crew into a Lorraine 40t or AMX 50 120.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Proud of this victory if only because I barely know the map and the entire match came down to me and the AMX M4 45. We were both under 200hp and the only reason I won is because the AMX played it safe. He could have easily flanked me if he was more bold, but he tried to go hull down. I hit him when he peeked around a corner.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cardiac posted:

Speaking of the French TD line, is there actually any reason at all to do it anymore?
The Fochs are nerfed into oblivion and the S35 CA will be hosed in the next patch with the view range nerf.
Oh, well, I guess I'll put the Polar Bear crew into a Lorraine 40t or AMX 50 120.

Oh gently caress me I forgot about the S35 being killed. poo poo. Yeah the line after the S35 CA is either complete poo poo or barely tolerable.

Guess I'll get Sixth Sense on the Polar Bear anyway since I never did get my second 50100 crew trained up, but eesh that's gonna be sad day when the line has the adorablemobile at tier 3, the weird rear end autocannon at tier 2, and a string from tier 4 to 10 or horrendous poo poo or mediocre boats. Worst line when the S35 gets nerfed?

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

The Pak 40 is still occasionally fun. I just keep my french TD crew permanently in there.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Refried Noodle posted:

The Pak 40 is still occasionally fun. I just keep my french TD crew permanently in there.

Pak 40 is the premium isn't it? the actual TD line would still be poo poo.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

subhelios posted:

Pak 40 is the premium isn't it? the actual TD line would still be poo poo.

The French arti line has the tier 4 APCR shooting deathwagon. The French TD's only actual great tank is the S35 CA. It's a sad loving day when a line is worse than the French artillery line. They...probably need to rethink the French line's bloom values to make them not so intolerable.

Both lines have premiums that have insanely high peaks. The FCM on Province shuts the game down, where the leFH will swing any game that lasts more than five minutes. Good times.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Hellsau posted:

The French arti line has the tier 4 APCR shooting deathwagon. The French TD's only actual great tank is the S35 CA. It's a sad loving day when a line is worse than the French artillery line. They...probably need to rethink the French line's bloom values to make them not so intolerable.

Both lines have premiums that have insanely high peaks. The FCM on Province shuts the game down, where the leFH will swing any game that lasts more than five minutes. Good times.

So in other words, play french premiums not line tanks :haw:

I know the 50 100 and batchat and lights are good don't interrupt me.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

subhelios posted:

I know the 50 100 and batchat and lights are good don't interrupt me.

Is the AMX 13 90 actually good outside tier 8 strongholds?
So far it seems aggressively mediocre compared to the AMX 50 100, where the 1390 have less pen, worse MM, but better camo.
It is not helped by being matched with medium tanks that can do the same role.
Or maybe I am just bitter about my current 25% win rate in it after 20 games or so.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Cardiac posted:

So far it seems aggressively mediocre compared to the AMX 50 100, where the 1390 have less pen, worse MM, but better camo.
Or maybe I am just bitter about my current 25% win rate in it after 20 games or so.

Can't help you there, don't have one. Sorry.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Anyone else able to confirm this, it sounds wooonderful. Not that I would ever play arty, I'm asking for a friend.

Yes this does work, I've been using this trying to get more xp out of the games for a while. It is a bad thing to do kinda but the mission is easier if you do it.
I finally got that SPG-15 done last night and got my Stug, all I needed was a game where I did 3.8k damage, next one below me was at 1.4k damage - I had 60xp more than the next 4th highest xp...
Funny thing, three games later I had one of those awesome arty games where every shot hits something even if you didn't know it was there, ended up being #1 damage and xp. Yes gently caress this game.

For those who don't know, if you complete the last mission of 4 out of 5 lines with the secondary met you get enough tokens for the Stug. Once you got the Stug you can start the next set of missions with the 4 lines you finished.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

thylacine posted:

And people tell me not to use the 15cm (finished one mission ffs)

a turretted isu-152 in city maps yes please

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Cardiac posted:

You can easily get 70% win rate in it solo if you play it smart. It's a great tank. The speed and the size are there to help you get out of trouble, not in trouble.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Cippalippus posted:

You can easily get 70% win rate in it solo if you play it smart. It's a great tank. The speed and the size are there to help you get out of trouble, not in trouble.

Got any good replays?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
can I do all the LT missions in the Luchs. This is my only question

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Cippalippus posted:

Careful about listening to this guy... Apparently he's an Urironic Fascist. hosed up.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Got any good replays?

Not compatible with the newest versions, sorry. But I'll play a couple of games and if I get a good game, I'll send you a PM. For the moment, don't discard your camo: it's really your biggest asset.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Kuntz posted:

:siren: There is actually a reason for playing to win in Winter mode! :siren:

If you play the Arctic Fox. You get 1875 xp and 10750 credits on a loss where you do enough healing on your team mates, and 2250 xp and 13000 credits if you win. I think the condition is 1000 or 1500 hp, you seem to get nothing for healing more. This is documented nowhere as far as I can see.

This is a "feature":

Darkrenown posted:

Ahaha, wow. So on the RU server Winter mode came with "hidden missions" (because the problem with missions is that you can see what you need to do ingame and work towards it, right?). Long story short they were totally hosed up and players have been earning hundreds of thousands of XP, 3-4k per game with games lasting ~ 5 mins and a crew XP multiplier on top. Don't worry though, these terrible bugs will be fixed before it goes live on the EU or NA servers.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Cippalippus posted:

Not compatible with the newest versions, sorry. But I'll play a couple of games and if I get a good game, I'll send you a PM. For the moment, don't discard your camo: it's really your biggest asset.

Any replay is actually interesting (well not those where you get fragged right away), because just seeing initial positionings is interesting to me.
Don't have PM though.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

maev posted:

Technically yes. However, some of the missions have requirements like "Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause at least 2,000 HP of damage to the vehicles spotted by you." The higher tier the light you're in, the more potential damage.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

maev posted:

Last mission will be very hard. Spotting 4k damage in a T4 vehicle may take quite some time. It's bad enough to rely on pubbies to shoot when driving higher tiers where there's a lot more damage to be thrown around at higher HP targets.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Thanks for the tips, jesus this loving tank. 8 games, 100% wins, 1100 average xp, two Ace Tankers. I don't even know man.

Tier IV supremacy

maev fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 29, 2015

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Any replay is actually interesting (well not those where you get fragged right away), because just seeing initial positionings is interesting to me.
Don't have PM though.

Here, watch this: http://wotreplays.com/site/1572330#fiery_salient-cippalippus-amx_13_90

In this replay nothing out of ordinary happens, it's just a normal game with an AMX 13 90.
Keep this in mind:

1) I only shoot gold with it, but standard ammo would've had the same penetrations. I use APCR for the shell speed, the added penetration is nice but not game breaking.
2) Your first duty is to take out the enemy scouts and in general make them feel hunted.
3) You only shoot when you can, leaving the actual shooting to the others.
4) Don't take damage if it's not necessary. It's never necessary, by the way.
5) See the friendly bulldog? That's an excellent place to go, too, but makes for a more static game.

Have fun.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

While we're posting replays, does anyone have some decent 59-16 games to point out? WZ replays work too I guess if they apply to the 59-16 as well, I wouldn't know as I'm still grinding the line.
(e: that security hole in the replay system was fixed, right?)

Also, while it's on my mind, WoT Blitz definitely has a +/-2 tier matchmaking spread, at least for Tier IV and beyond. I think someone said +/-1 upthread.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 29, 2015

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

rockopete posted:

While we're posting replays, does anyone have some decent 59-16 games to point out? WZ replays work too I guess if they apply to the 59-16 as well, I wouldn't know as I'm still grinding the line.
(e: that security hole in the replay system was fixed, right?)

Also, while it's on my mind, WoT Blitz definitely has a +/-2 tier matchmaking spread, at least for Tier IV and beyond. I think someone said +/-1 upthread.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cardiac posted:

You highly underestimate what a tiny tank with a giant painful gun can do. I just uploaded a replay recently:

Mesadoram posted:

So it's been awhile since I've play the 13 90. So I decided to blow a gently caress load of credits, this was the result:

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1568391#mines-mesadoram-amx_13_90

I load only gold and use coffee because I am a try hard. You can easily play it with out gold, but you need to be much more careful where you shoot. It is a deadly tank when left alone, it's tiny size and speed allows it to be a real pain in the dick.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Apparently the CDC and STA-2 are testable in today's test server patch, if anyone was looking forward to themthe CDC.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012
NA Server appears to be getting the 1g -> 35xp (40% bonus) special this weekend. Glad I held off on using some of my gold yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
sure hope that poo poo comes to EU