Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Oh Snapple! posted:

Up until now I had figured that HHH at the least must like him to put him over like he did at WM, but this just makes it seem like he did that 'cause he felt he had to in the wake of fan backlash instead of any real acceptance of Bryan.

I would assume Hunter genuinely likes Bryan. Bryan is endorsed by his best friend, and he did a clean job for him when he could have easily politicked his way to a gently caress finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Honestly yeah, y'all are probably right. I usually just include HHH when I hear reference to "the company."

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

I'm a little late to the party to this, but this kind of comment probably helps with Vince's idea of him as a top face. "At the end of the day, I'm the one getting rich" is the American Dream. The Million Dollar Man in 2015 would be a babyface gimmick.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I mean, yes they are useless, but cancellations wouldn't affect that figure for another month anyway so it's hardly proof.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

HHH put over Bryan as a long con to get The Rock booed in the center of the ring.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Daniel Bryan posted:

And here's your top Mania card basically locked up barring injuries or whatnot:

Reigns vs Lesnar WWE Title
HHH vs Sting
Cena vs Rusev
Taker vs Wyatt (if Taker agrees)
Orton vs Rollins
Bryan vs Ziggler

This card would be massively improved with just some small changes, namely Cena, Orton and Bryan all switching partners. Bryan vs Rollins would be a hot as hell match with a number one contender angle, Orton vs Rusev would be a perfectly adequate match with Rusev going over, and Cena vs Ziggler in a Ziggler being mad that Cena gets credit for survivor series win angle.

As is, Cena sets an early glass ceiling on a rising star, Rollins is stuck wrestling a merely adequate match, and while Bryan Ziggler would be a really good match, Ziggler would lose the face support he built up and the whole card is going to be booed by angry fans anyway.

And if we're really taking a hatchet to the card, Sting and Undertaker can go sit together in the stands where they belong and we can get Dean Ambrose vs anyone and an NXT showcase match in there.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I know most people here have stopped giving a poo poo about him, but I'm kind of excited for Wyatt Vs. Undertaker. I don't think I'll ever fully dislike Wyatt's gimmick, I guess that's the True Detective fan in me.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

HHH put over Bryan as a long con to get The Rock booed in the center of the ring.

Honestly, that image legitimately makes me a little sad. We can poo poo over the way Roman's being pushed all we want, but I have to imagine being booed by a gigantic crowd during your biggest win has to really suck. You can ever see Rock has a "Oh poo poo, what the hell did these idiots do" look on his face.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Given that Sting's been saying for years on end that he really only wanted to come back to fight Taker, him and Taker finally being on the same card and *not* having a match would be weird.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hey y'all NXT was really loving good tonight and if you haven't cancelled yet and want a palate cleanser from the Rumble watch it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Yeah I don't get the Bryan vs. Ziggler idea, the two most naturally over mega babyfaces in the company doesn't make sense in any way since neither should ever be heels again.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

OldTennisCourt posted:

I know most people here have stopped giving a poo poo about him, but I'm kind of excited for Wyatt Vs. Undertaker. I don't think I'll ever fully dislike Wyatt's gimmick, I guess that's the True Detective fan in me.

Honestly, that image legitimately makes me a little sad. We can poo poo over the way Roman's being pushed all we want, but I have to imagine being booed by a gigantic crowd during your biggest win has to really suck. You can ever see Rock has a "Oh poo poo, what the hell did these idiots do" look on his face.

I haven't rewatched it, but when I saw the end of the Rumble live I seem to remember a camera cut on the rock when Trips came out and I swear I could read Rocks lips say "that's loving twice now" and hold two fingers up. I took this as a statement from Rock referring to the previous Rumble and that they've hosed up twice on who they choose to win.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blasmeister posted:

I mean, yes they are useless, but cancellations wouldn't affect that figure for another month anyway so it's hardly proof.

They hit the million mark after the Royal Rumble.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bigass Moth posted:

Yeah I don't get the Bryan vs. Ziggler idea, the two most naturally over mega babyfaces in the company doesn't make sense in any way since neither should ever be heels again.

It could be billed as a #1 contender match and that would work fine.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Bigass Moth posted:

If they put effort into the booking and made the match about "two cool guys who just want to see who's the better wrestler" then we could get something awesome. Then again, WWE booking, so it'll be a poo poo build that gets nobody over and we'll see them trading wins about 50,000 times on Raw before Mania.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

They hit the million mark after the Royal Rumble.

You could probably assume a good number of the people who subbed after the rumble probably hadn't already seen it. I guess some could have seen the rumble at a friend's and subbed afterward. Do we have numbers for how many subs were post rumble compared to before it?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 29, 2015

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

super macho dude posted:

It could be billed as a #1 contender match and that would work fine.
It could also take place on the moon. That would be fun.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I would mark out for a Moon Match, brother. Could you imagine how legendary Ziggler's bumps would be in that kind of gravity?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Maybe they figure if they service the smarks, they won't be so bitchy about Reigns

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Thank you whoever mentioned the Cena/Punk pile driver match. Watching it now and it still rules.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

Maybe they figure if they service the smarks, they won't be so bitchy about Reigns

Yeah. That'll work.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

I would mark out for a Moon Match, brother. Could you imagine how legendary Ziggler's bumps would be in that kind of gravity?

Who would be the special ref? Max Moon?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The Watcher duh. :colbert:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Bigass Moth posted:

Because your remaining heels not booked in a match are:
-Big Show
-Harper
-Kane
-Henry
-Miz
-Barret
-Cesaro/Kid
-Fandango
-Adam Rose

Bryan and Ziggler with any of those guys sounds pretty bad for Wrestlemania

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Winner gets the Max Moon gimmick.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Rusty Shackelford posted:

That would be acceptable as long as they get Konnan back in the suit.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Astro7x posted:

Because your remaining heels not booked in a match are:
-Big Show
-Harper
-Kane
-Henry
-Miz
-Barret
-Cesaro/Kid
-Fandango
-Adam Rose

Bryan and Ziggler with any of those guys sounds pretty bad for Wrestlemania

Bryan/Kidd and Ziggler/Cesaro would both be awesome matches, but they're total poo poo for mania.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Critical posted:

I hate this motherfucking company.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Really though I agree with everyone who says gently caress this company, they're done, and canceled their subscription.

I will also see all of you back here next week.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blasmeister posted:

You could probably assume a good number of the people who subbed after the rumble probably hadn't already seen it. I guess some could have seen the rumble at a friend's and subbed afterward. Do we have numbers for how many subs were post rumble compared to before it?

We have no idea, we'll get the December 31st number in two weeks. Now one thing that should be noted is if you cancelled your subscription is still active until it ends so people who cancelled after the Rumble should still be counted in this 1 MM number.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
If you like watching cool pro wrestling matches then Bryan being away from the main event scene means over the next 5 years he can wrestle all the neat wrestleguys they have who will also never sniff a main event.

twitter and bisted
Aug 26, 2012

I'm a crow and nothing human is avian to me

Critical posted:

I hate this motherfucking company.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So that's how Evangelion actually ends.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The directTV description for tomorrow nights Smackdown is: A very rare casket match: Kane vs Daniel Bryan.

So fancy.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

super macho dude posted:

The directTV description for tomorrow nights Smackdown is: A very rare casket match: Kane vs Daniel Bryan.

So fancy.

I wonder if this feud will end before we get the stretcher match that Bryan's injury prevented us from getting at Payback

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
Komm Susser Todd Pettengill

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

super macho dude posted:

So fancy.

In tonight's Very Special Casket Match episode of Smackdown!...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

fart blood posted:

I would assume Hunter genuinely likes Bryan. Bryan is endorsed by his best friend, and he did a clean job for him when he could have easily politicked his way to a gently caress finish.
You'd think Vince would respect Bryan after he got mad about them ending a match early because it looked like Bryan hurt himself.

But you know I still hold by that HHH in control of the creative process while someone with more experience looking over the business side would be way better than the current regime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

A Cruel Booker's Thesis

• Locked thread