Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

As shown in trailer 2, those created characters can then be trained by characters from the Dragon Ball universe who will serve as a master that teaches special attacks and fighting techniques. Players can even switch masters, which will then have a scenario of sorts unfold. For example, if you pick Vegeta as your master initially and then switch to Goku, Vegeta will become jealous.

This game is amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCblFrD_cjM
This is an actual web series coming out. Think the first ep is feb 23.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Horrible Taste posted:

New 7 minute Xenoverse trailer showing off different characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu3g7uv_sUQ

I like the shot of a Cell and Cell Jr. Father-Son Kamehameha.

Guys, Saiyaman AND Saiyaman Clothes for the CAW are confirmed in this video.

Justice will prevail!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Firstborn posted:

Honestly, the androids look pretty drat good. It would be great cosplay, but the series is going to suck.

Edit: The Xenoverse trailer is great. I'm super hyped for this game, but some of the fights are strange- like Goku getting his poo poo wrecked by Burter. I did like the Yamcha Saibamen death being thrown in in his "highlight" scene.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 29, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Why do people want a Live Action DBZ? It is not something that translates well to it. Any attempts is going to look silly. Also, DBZ can only be taken so seriously before the act crumbles in itself and Toriyama knew that.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Covok posted:

Why do people want a Live Action DBZ? It is not something that translates well to it. Any attempts is going to look silly. Also, DBZ can only be taken so seriously before the act crumbles in itself and Toriyama knew that.

Yeah I agree, live action DBZ would be awful without a huge budget... and if you had that budget, you would be better off spending it on some awesome animation! Truly, this is God giving us a sign that anime is meant to stay in the one true realm--the realm of 2D.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Firstborn posted:

17 and 18 look amazing, but that dialogue is cringeworthy.

I'll still give it an episode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sharktamer posted:

Why does it look like the player is controlling the bad guy for most of those battles?
Because it's a trailer showing the characters in action, and obviously you can play as the villains in multiplayer.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Guys, Saiyaman AND Saiyaman Clothes for the CAW are confirmed in this video.

Justice will prevail!

Man I really really love Cha la head cha la. Every fricking time I hear it I just sort of groove along.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Horrible Taste posted:

New 7 minute Xenoverse trailer showing off different characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu3g7uv_sUQ

I like the shot of a Cell and Cell Jr. Father-Son Kamehameha.

ahahah the end of Yamcha's part of the video is him (presumably) dying

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Caros posted:

Man I really really love Cha la head cha la. Every fricking time I hear it I just sort of groove along.

Yeah, I'm constantly surprised at how much I've come to love that song.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, I'm constantly surprised at how much I've come to love that song.

It helps that the updated battle of the Gods version is fantastic.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Firstborn posted:

One gripe I have is it seems like when you go Super Saiyan, your hair doesn't change, just the color. I wonder if you pick one of those flat 17/Trunks style hairs if it'll just turn gold, too.

It may have more to do with the hairstyles shown in SSj mode so far wouldn't really benefit from a new model, since they're already spiky. Flat hairstyles likely do get another model, like Trunks/17 style hair. I highly doubt that with as much care they seem to be putting into this game that they'd force players to run around in a yellow bowlcut just out of laziness.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Esroc posted:

I highly doubt that with as much care they seem to be putting into this game that they'd force players to run around in a yellow bowlcut just out of laziness.

That'd own though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I really want to create my own character in Xenoverse but playing as Whis sounds really loving cool too.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I really want to create my own character in Xenoverse but playing as Whis sounds really loving cool too.

I do like that his entire moveset seems to be "barely even trying".

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Prison Warden posted:

I do like that his entire moveset seems to be "barely even trying".

How else would Whis fight? He comes across as the very embodiment of not really giving a poo poo.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Testekill posted:

How else would Whis fight? He comes across as the very embodiment of not really giving a poo poo.

That's his point, I'm pretty sure. That's definitely why I like it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Babe Magnet posted:

ahahah the end of Yamcha's part of the video is him (presumably) dying

Even when everyone else gets to look really awesome, Yamcha's big part is him blowing up.

Poor dolt.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Mordaedil posted:

Even when everyone else gets to look really awesome, Yamcha's big part is him blowing up.

Poor dolt.

Admit it, Yamcha being Yamcha'd is the only thing you think of when it comes to him.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

Admit it, Yamcha being Yamcha'd is the only thing you think of when it comes to him.

That might only be because it has been drilled into my head by all the popular sources, I started getting into Dragonball with the manga getting a Scandinavian translation and kinda got hooked from there.

My main memory of Yamcha actually lies more in how he was the guy who punk'd god with a torpedo ki-blast (that is what they called the spirit ball).

And Krillin sticks in my mind as the guy who who fought Piccolo without being in peak condition and make Piccolo sort of hesitate at his plans for world domination.

Z kinda splits off there, after all.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I kinda fear for most of the cast in this iteration of the story. It's probably going to be really disheartening and depressing for them. It looks like the Saibamen are empowered and facing Yamcha and Tien, which means Krillin didn't nuke them all like he does in the main story, which would probably be demoralizing since it was a big shining moment for him. And we've seen both Vegeta and Nappa go Ape, so presumably Piccolo and Krillin didn't do as well against him before Goku showed up. And that's just going to domino into the other arcs. It's one thing waiting around for Goku to show up and save the day, but when Goku then has to wait around for some other scrub to show up and save his bacon too, man.. That's gotta be rough on everyone.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Both Tien and Yamcha originally fought Saibamen, though?

In non-Xenoverse news, who would win in a fight, Freeza or Android 19?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

facebook jihad posted:

Tien didn't touch them I don't think, Yamcha stepped up first and got his poo poo wrecked and then Krillin nuked the rest.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

New Leaf posted:

Tien didn't touch them I don't think, Yamcha stepped up first and got his poo poo wrecked and then Krillin nuked the rest.

Yamcha kills/was killed by one. Vegeta killed one Tien beat. Krillin limit break'd 5(?) of them. And Piccolo killed the one he missed.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

Yamcha kills/was killed by one. Vegeta killed one Tien beat. Krillin limit break'd 5(?) of them. And Piccolo killed the one he missed.

I forgot Tien fought them at all.. It's been a long loving time since I saw that arc.

Caros
May 14, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

There were six in total. Tien kills one, Yamcha dies to a second, Krillin obliterates three with his doom laser and Piccolo gets the last one.

quote:

I forgot Tien fought them at all.. It's been a long loving time since I saw that arc.

Its a very short fight.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

facebook jihad posted:

I'd say Android 19. I think Freeza's a bit stronger out the gate, but all 19 has to do is absorb one death ball and it's all over.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It's kind of strange to me that a mentor in Xenoverse is Goku and not Roshi. I guess it's because Roshi isn't in the game, and functionally it might be very much the same thing, but it's still weird to me. I guess it's like Roshi/King Kai/Yardrat Dudes as a mentor, which is a good package deal. Also kind of weird that they didn't have Tien / Crane as a style, in my opinion. I always liked how they animated his strikes and it'd be sweet to have a Kikoho.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are the mentors actually going to change your fighting style visually, or just unlock new moves?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Caros posted:

It helps that the updated battle of the Gods version is fantastic.

I'm still kind of hoping they would just use it in Kai but it never happened.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Firstborn posted:

It's kind of strange to me that a mentor in Xenoverse is Goku and not Roshi. I guess it's because Roshi isn't in the game, and functionally it might be very much the same thing, but it's still weird to me. I guess it's like Roshi/King Kai/Yardrat Dudes as a mentor, which is a good package deal. Also kind of weird that they didn't have Tien / Crane as a style, in my opinion. I always liked how they animated his strikes and it'd be sweet to have a Kikoho.

Goku succeded all of them. He's the teacher now.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

New Leaf posted:

Are the mentors actually going to change your fighting style visually, or just unlock new moves?

They've hinted that it'll change your moves.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Shyrka posted:

I'd say Android 19. I think Freeza's a bit stronger out the gate, but all 19 has to do is absorb one death ball and it's all over.
Yeah, definitely Android 19. Freeza would probably have the upper hand at the start, but 19 would just keep absorbing more and more of Freeza's energy as the battle dragged on. Even if Freeza picked up on the absorbing thing early and stopped firing energy blasts/Death Beams/Death Balls/Death Saucers Pizzas, 19 could just grab him and start draining energy directly.

Eventually you've got a mostly drained Freeza vs a powered-up 19, and since nobody's going to come to Freeza's rescue (like Vegeta did in the Goku vs 19 fight) that's the end for Freeza.

I've always thought that the Androids being basically inexhaustible energy-wise was a big part of what made them so hard to beat. The Androids don't necessarily have to overpower their opponents, just outlast them.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 29, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my DBZ power level question: could ginyu body swap with an android

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Are you talking about androids or cyborgs?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Are you talking about androids or cyborgs?
yes

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Endorph posted:

Video Game answer: Yes, definitely. It's basically Ginyu's SOP in Tenkaichi 1 to body swap once he's at a sliver of health, and he can do it against any opponent in the game.

Anime Answer: Ginyu could almost certainly swap with 17 and 18 since they're human with parts added, and probably with 20 as well since he's a human brain in an artificial body (so Ginyu could probably swap with Wheelo too). He could also probably swap with Cell since Cell is mostly organic.

The big question would be Androids 8, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 19, since they're all purely mechanical beings. That gets into questions of how artificial life stacks against biological life, and DBZ is inconsistent on that question. Android 8 was shown donating energy to Spirit Bomb that killed Kid Buu, so that means 8 was revived after Buu nuked the planet, but I don't know if 16 was actually revived or not after the Cell Saga.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 29, 2015

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Could Ginyu body-swap with Buu?

I'd say he could but then evil/kid/fat Buu would split off from Ginyu-Buu after he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Everything about Buu is so messed up that if Ginyu tried he'd probably just get mentally devoured.

• Locked thread