Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

skunkrocker I am sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

about your drat luck

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who bought James Storm an account?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

A Storm is coming to the somethingawful forums

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

If he starts kidnapping posters and taking them to a rape shack in the woods behind Dixie's house, im loving leaving.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Respect Skunkrocker.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

super macho dude posted:

New pisscast is pretty good and funny.

Thanks! I thought so too.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I still like Cheap Heat and Rosenberg's story about catching Cena's hat and then trolling all the angry smarky fans by putting it on and flashing the chain gang symbol is pretty funny.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
this thread got fuckin' real all of a sudden.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

move on

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I listened to the awards shows for the first time and boy I liked them a lot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Austin's interview/recap with Wade is pretty good so far. He pulls no punches about the Rumble and calls out Reigns openly and multiple times for not being ready for prime time, specifically where it comes to his extremely limited moveset and his lack of...well doing anything at all in the Rumble match besides sleeping in the corner. I had figured that his podcast with HHH would avoid that or at least softball him a bit on it, but I think he'll really take Trips to task on some of this stuff since he usually goes for a more diplomatic take on WWE booking and stars.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I'm sure he'll ask the questions but not really follow up too hard after getting a generic diplomatic answer. Gotta toe that line.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Austin's interview/recap with Wade is pretty good so far. He pulls no punches about the Rumble and calls out Reigns openly and multiple times for not being ready for prime time, specifically where it comes to his extremely limited moveset and his lack of...well doing anything at all in the Rumble match besides sleeping in the corner. I had figured that his podcast with HHH would avoid that or at least softball him a bit on it, but I think he'll really take Trips to task on some of this stuff since he usually goes for a more diplomatic take on WWE booking and stars.

the vince one was good because vince is insane and has never had a filter but triple h is the king of worked bullshit in interviews these days

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

oatgan posted:

the vince one was good because vince is insane and has never had a filter but triple h is the king of worked bullshit in interviews these days

but will he call him Paul???

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

For sure, but I think if there's any interviewer that can and would cut through that bullshit it's Austin. The guy honestly seems to get better with every interview he does, and I can't see HHH being able to appease him with the same corporate-speak he's been slinging lately. Grantland HHH will look pretty bad in the interview if that's the way he goes, I think.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

*Backs away fastly*

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
jesus christ this bryan and lance storm exchange is absolutey infuriating

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spermgod posted:

jesus christ this bryan and lance storm exchange is absolutey infuriating

The one where they argue back and forth over whether the matches are generic or just overexposed by seeing the same guys match up over and over? Yeah, that was pretty dire.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
I think Lance brought up a good point, though. That the matches are the same, plus the toll on the wrestlers.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Jerusalem posted:

The one where they argue back and forth over whether the matches are generic or just overexposed by seeing the same guys match up over and over? Yeah, that was pretty dire.

More like talk past each other than argue back and forth.

I do agree with Lance to the extent that when I watch older wrestling I see a bunch of really basic heat-getting spots that there's no reason wouldn't get over today and would actually make the matches better as well as decreasing the toll on the wrestler's bodies. If you watch the Kobashi/Kawada 01/19/95 broadway about the first 50 minutes of the match is built around really basic stuff like struggling over tests of strength and working holds, and it gets over huge in a promotion that generally promoted the most physically intensive, body-destroying style to ever exist. It's a shame so much of that has stuff been lost now.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 29, 2015

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine posted:

Thanks! I thought so too.

Did we even post the link?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Did we even post the link?

Just looked back a few pages and didn't see one.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Haven't listened to it yet, but it looks like in today's Austin show, he finally watched the most recent NXT PPV.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Whoops! The PSP voted "Best Wrestling Podcast", The Wrestlehut Pisscast, is back with Episode 75, which Oatgan has decided to number 76. We talk about the Royal Rumble with Blue Army Man, who was there live and in color (blue). We then talked Raw, PWG Black Cole Sun, which was incredible, and the World Bodybuilding Federation, which was literally unbelievable.

Get it on iTunes or uhhh listen here
https://archive.org/details/075WrestlehutPisscast
(this next link here should autoplay it) http://ia902709.us.archive.org/18/items/075WrestlehutPisscast/075%20Wrestlehut%20Pisscast.mp3

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I apologize for how awful my voice sounded, but that's what happens when you boo a man hard enough to cause confusion.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Latest Observer Newsletter has a history of Tough Enough. It is hilarious because Dave casually details every single girl who was cut from the show and then were immediately signed once they got implants.

Edit: And the fact that Puder runs an anti-bullying charity is just perfect

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 29, 2015

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Latest Observer Newsletter has a history of Tough Enough. It is hilarious because Dave casually details every single girl who was cut from the show and then were immediately signed once they got implants.

Edit: And the fact that Puder runs an anti-bullying charity is just perfect

The implant thing was loving hilarious.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

So the entire purpose of Million Dollar Tough Enough was to get world-class athletes and embarrass them on TV for Vince's amusement but it always backfired? :monocle:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

So the entire purpose of Million Dollar Tough Enough was to get world-class athletes and embarrass them on TV for Vince's amusement but it always backfired? :monocle:

Life gets boring when you've run all your competition out of business!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

in the end miz was the biggest embarrassment of all

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's sad that Miz probably was the best worker of that bunch, in retrospect. But him being mad that Puder wasn't a fan is kind of endearing, I can see his little Muppet face getting SO MAD that Puder doesn't know who Edge is!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cornette re-booked the Rumble and Reigns and Bryan bonanza on his podcast today "while he was taking a Pyro and wiping his Ballyhoo" after seeing it on USA since he doesn't have the network. Step 1: Don't say he's medically cleared and don't debut Bryan before the Rumble and basically don't do everything they did

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 29, 2015

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Luigi Thirty posted:

Cornette re-booked the Rumble and Reigns and Bryan bonanza on his podcast today "while he was taking a Pyro and wiping his Ballyhoo" after seeing it on USA since he doesn't have the network. Step 1: Don't say he's medically cleared and don't debut Bryan before the Rumble and basically don't do everything they did

His booking of Reigns and Bryan would've been a great idea: opens up a lot of options, unites the crowd, has a lot of mileage.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've heard some people say that having a guy like Russo around is fine because occasionally he'll have a good idea, but I think that applies to Cornette more. Don't give him any actual power, just solicit his opinion. Cornette's out of touch, but he's more in touch with what I want as a fan that Vince McMahon is.

Hey Ghostpilot, did you download the re-mastered version of Grim Fandango?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Ed in San Antonio reminds me a lot of bigpeeler

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

I love his idea. Had they done that, I would have been ok with Reigns winning. That whole podcast is worth a listen.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Oh yeah, Dave attributing the rise in Network subs to people hearing The Rock was at the Rumble and subscribing to see that made me laugh. Meltzer just loves Rock so much.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've heard some people say that having a guy like Russo around is fine because occasionally he'll have a good idea, but I think that applies to Cornette more. Don't give him any actual power, just solicit his opinion. Cornette's out of touch, but he's more in touch with what I want as a fan that Vince McMahon is.

Hey Ghostpilot, did you download the re-mastered version of Grim Fandango?

Not as of yet, though I was a big fan of the original! I picked up the remake of Shadowgate a while back and once the nostalgia wore off, so did my interest. I wouldn't want the same to happen with Grim Fandango (although it is a much better game).

I've been considering re-upping my sub just to hear the Dave's thoughts on the Rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

...I just got to him laying out the post-Rumble Raw angle and it's loving BRILLIANT: Have Bryan be Reigns' second/manager going into Mania. Bryan's reasoning being he needs to train more to get back to being the Best In The World, and Reigns' that he needs someone to counter Heyman and help him prepare for Lesnar, a type of match he's never had. You get Bryan involved in the main event, you give Roman the rub, you cover for his weakness on the mic, and you can have Heyman and Bryan carry the promos. And it sets up either a face/face title match, or either guy can turn to go with Heyman down the line.

It's so simple, so elegant, and fixes the problem of the people rebelling if Bryan's curtain-jerking in a 6 minute match.

• Locked thread