Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Do you like pressing B a million times per stage or Y?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I do like that you can switch, because my B button is starting to sound pretty lovely after a few billion presses.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

enojy posted:

a few billion presses.

Just wait until you start Adventure Mode!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The update and Majora DLC is live now (in Japan/PAL-land).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tingle and Young Link's trailer

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Young Link actually looks pretty cool. Tingle looks fun but might be bound to be tier-buddies with Goemon. :shepface:

edit: Goemon is cool btw

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The update and Majora DLC is live now (in Japan/PAL-land).

This does not appear to be true, at least in the UK. I know it takes some effort to get the Wii U to realise there's an update it needs to download, but I've been in and out of both the game and the eshop a bunch of times now and nothing is happening.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Bleh - Goron mask is clearly just a mask :(

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Interesting music choices there :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lana isn't even wearing majora's mask properly. Goddamn it why can't she do anything right :mad:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

alcharagia posted:

Hello. I have never played a Dynasty Warriors. Should I use Warriors or Zelda controls?

If you plan on playing other Warriors games, might want to get used to that control scheme.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Internet Kraken posted:

Lana isn't even wearing majora's mask properly. Goddamn it why can't she do anything right :mad:

that's ok you can put it on cia

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I am antsy as hell waiting for this DLC update.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So why am I getting nothing but Triforce spinners and a Zelda blade from my amiibos? I thought they gave out random weapons? And didn't zelda have an exclusive one for using hers?

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 29, 2015

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I wonder how long Young Link gets to remain in Fierce Deity mode, because that mode looks really strong. Also, Tingle looks like he's gonna have an air string for juggling so that's cool. Hopefully it'll come early enough in his weak combo to be useful on captain/PC weakpoint gauges.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I wonder how long Young Link gets to remain in Fierce Deity mode, because that mode looks really strong. Also, Tingle looks like he's gonna have an air string for juggling so that's cool. Hopefully it'll come early enough in his weak combo to be useful on captain/PC weakpoint gauges.

Its almost definitely his Focus Spirit, much like Ghiraham turns into his true form for his etc.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Got to try out co-op mode tonight with a buddy.

A-ranking anything is pretty much never gonna happen, leastways not after a six pack, but it's still pretty fun to mash buttons and look cool.

Also got a solemn reminder that I haven't touched the game in ages, as I haven't even finished the first adventure map, both master quest and twilight are huge blocks of black squares and with a third map on the way the game is looking like a really intimidating timesink now. Thankfully, with Target Canada closing I have my upcoming unemployment to look forward to, so maybe I'll use that time to beat this massive, massive game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Philosopher King posted:

So why am I getting nothing but Triforce spinners and a Zelda blade from my amiibos? I thought they gave out random weapons? And didn't zelda have an exclusive one for using hers?

Nah, the spinner is an exclusive weapon you unlock with a Link amiibo. Zelda amiibo just gives high tier Zelda weapons, though ever since downloading the TP DLC its given me nothing but Royal Dominion Rods. Kind of sucks since I'd like a good baton.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah, the spinner is an exclusive weapon you unlock with a Link amiibo. Zelda amiibo just gives high tier Zelda weapons, though ever since downloading the TP DLC its given me nothing but Royal Dominion Rods. Kind of sucks since I'd like a good baton.

Even after unlocking the spinner for Link, it seems like I still get Link-specific weapons when using that amiibo most of the time. I think that for the Zelda-specific amiibos the weapons you get are weighted more towards which one it is. I bet you average more Zelda weapons with a Zelda amiibo, but I don't have one of those.

edit: Less than 3000 kills left to unlock the master sword's 25k skill. I don't really care about unlocking any more of those tedious things, but it does mean that I can go back to using the power gloves without feeling like I'm wasting time. :shepface:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 29, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

THE loving MOON posted:

Even after unlocking the spinner for Link, it seems like I still get Link-specific weapons when using that amiibo most of the time. I think that for the Zelda-specific amiibos the weapons you get are weighted more towards which one it is. I bet you average more Zelda weapons with a Zelda amiibo, but I don't have one of those.

Link, Zelda and Sheik amiibo will ALWAYS give you a high-star weapon for that character. Toon Link functions just like a Link.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The thing that's bugging me the most about the TP DLC is I keep seeing NPC heroes using weapons from other heroes. Why the hell won't you let me do that game? Why does the computer get to have all the fun?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

The thing that's bugging me the most about the TP DLC is I keep seeing NPC heroes using weapons from other heroes. Why the hell won't you let me do that game? Why does the computer get to have all the fun?

I hope that they add that in the Boss DLC, but I doubt it. 2 new games modes can mean just about anything, but I doubt that one of the things will be Super-Free mode where you can use anything as anyone. I just wanna play as Agitha using the Megaton Hammer, why :saddowns:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You'll see it in Hyrule Warriors: Empires

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

THE loving MOON posted:

I hope that they add that in the Boss DLC, but I doubt it. 2 new games modes can mean just about anything, but I doubt that one of the things will be Super-Free mode where you can use anything as anyone. I just wanna play as Agitha using the Megaton Hammer, why :saddowns:

I imagine things like the Megaton Hammer(Where he's all punching and spinning with half the attacks) is half of the problem.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bloodly posted:

I imagine things like the Megaton Hammer(Where he's all punching and spinning with half the attacks) is half of the problem.

gently caress the hitboxes, I don't care if it matches up right. Just think of it like some Fist of the North Star poo poo where you're killing dudes just with the air pressure :madmax:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Termina Map: Yes, when the timer runs down the entire map resets. New map type, kill X enemies before the other forces do. Also a map type in which you're given a time limit in which to gather more rupees than the other forces.

If any Americans want to get a head start on material farming, Y. Link's materials are Gohma, Ganondorf and Ganon. Tingle's are Link and Manhandla.

New Mixes are all anyone could've asked for: EXP+, Rupees+, Materials+(!)

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 29, 2015

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Termina Map: Yes, when the timer runs down the entire map resets.

Is this some kind of joke? What an awful idea.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MarquiseMindfang posted:

New Mixes are all anyone could've asked for: EXP+, Rupees+, Materials+(!)

Thank. loving. God.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

RyokoTK posted:

Is this some kind of joke? What an awful idea.

Owl statue squares aren't affected if you've won a battle on them. You also keep your ranks on re-sealed squares, as well as your item cards and such. You can stop the timer eventually.

Skill appraisal and removal are absurdly expensive. 1000 X number of kills the skill requires to appraise, and 300k to remove a skill

Sorry for so many black bars, thought people might like to get a headstart on this kind of bullshit.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Owl statue squares aren't affected if you've won a battle on them. You also keep your ranks on re-sealed squares, as well as your item cards and such. You can stop the timer eventually.

I guess that's the... least bad way to go about it, but it's still pointlessly obnoxious. Unless the timer is based on your in-game time, which would actually be an interesting way of compelling you to beat the missions more quickly. But even that would be really frustrating.

I feel like this game just isn't for me anymore :(

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

RyokoTK posted:

I guess that's the... least bad way to go about it, but it's still pointlessly obnoxious. Unless the timer is based on your in-game time, which would actually be an interesting way of compelling you to beat the missions more quickly. But even that would be really frustrating.

I feel like this game just isn't for me anymore :(

No, it's 72 hours, ticks down one per map completed. You start with only 3 hours, though.

Battles don't seem hard so far, and can be made easier.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Skill appraisal and removal are absurdly expensive. 1000 X number of kills the skill requires to appraise, and 300k to remove a skill

Actually it's only 10 times the number of kills. That removal cost is right though, unfortunately. And I already spent all the 4 million rupees I had saved up on levelling the new characters. :negative:

Edit: about the timer: it's removed by "finding and defeating the Dark Ruler who hides somewhere on the Termina map", which I guess is the equivalent to "Defeat the Demon King" in the first two maps.

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 29, 2015

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Suaimhneas posted:

Actually it's only 10 times the number of kills. That removal cost is right though, unfortunately. And I already spent all the 4 million rupees I had saved up on levelling the new characters. :negative:

Yeah, sorry my bad.

More map stuff: Can reset the map at any time with an upright ocarina item; can add 10 hours with n inverted ocarina item. Mask of Truth makes you take half damage in the square you use it on, Majora's Mask gives you full SP and Magic for the battle.

Edited for clarity.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 29, 2015

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZc9U2bMqcE

Young Link moveset.

One, at 00:30-I didn't know he could move that fast. If Ocarina Link didn't have any rep before now, he does now.
Two, interesting. Trade special bar for magic bar. Though I don't recognise the tune played.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 29, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QLC0yecOmM

tingle

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah, the official results seem to be tentatively in; you don't have to worry about this being harder than TP map. Or maybe I'm the exception.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yeah, the official results seem to be tentatively in; you don't have to worry about this being harder than TP map. Or maybe I'm the exception.

Posts I've been reading have been saying the same - they're saying that it's harder than the MQ map but the poo poo doesn't hit like a truck like on the TP map

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Posts I've been reading have been saying the same - they're saying that it's harder than the MQ map but the poo poo doesn't hit like a truck like on the TP map

Good to know. I think I'll probably do Termina before I do the Twilight Map. It'll give me some more time to level before getting into The poo poo.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I'm still on the MQ map (I have Cia and Wizzro's Lvl 3s, and a few costumes in the top left quadrant to still get), but glad I can go straight to Majora's Mask from MQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
What are good adventure maps on which I could get a billion stalmaster wristbones and gibdo bandages?

• Locked thread