Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Naet posted:

I know it's shot and over with, but I'm still hoping for that Bill Murray appearance. He's just perfect for this universe.

Grandpa Pikitis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

inthesto posted:

The best would be if Nygard were played by Rob Lowe too.

Quick, somebody call DirecTV and let them know about a great product insertion opportunity!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

OldSenileGuy posted:

The hardest I've laughed so far this season has been "Les Vegetables :smug: "
I watched both episodes right before bed last night while I was half-asleep and I lost my poo poo at that and "judge hammer" and "tap tap tap, case ended".

Also every mention of "Jonathan Karate".

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

EL BROMANCE posted:

(I think Arrested Development had more fun with the fake judge trial thing, but I still popped for Perd)
My name is Judge!

William Hung's appearance on American Idol was an elaborate long con by Fox perpetrated for the sole purpose of readying him for the joke of being William Hung and the Hung Jury. That joke justifies the man's entire existence.

"Ninjas! Scatter!" was my favourite line of the night, though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AnimeJune posted:

My name is Judge!

William Hung's appearance on American Idol was an elaborate long con by Fox perpetrated for the sole purpose of readying him for the joke of being William Hung and the Hung Jury. That joke justifies the man's entire existence.

Bud Cort is now in session.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is April's dream job going to end up being?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

she's gonna run for mayor and win

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

She's going to become the new Duke Silver.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Concurred posted:

she's gonna run for mayor and win

I wish for this, because we need Bill Murray as Mayor Gunderson.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

She'll probably be the next Leslie or something.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nurse. Then the cycle is complete.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

She'll be a nurse. She likes telling people what to do, she's not afraid of dealing with gross stuff, she gets to be brusque to people, and her being a nurse and Leslie's friend makes her Ann 2.0, which would be hilarious considering her history with Ann.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mo0 posted:

She'll be a nurse. She likes telling people what to do, she's not afraid of dealing with gross stuff, she gets to be brusque to people, and her being a nurse and Leslie's friend makes her Ann 2.0, which would be hilarious considering her history with Ann.

Or a mom. But I doubt they'd go that route.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

FadingChord posted:

Quick, somebody call DirecTV and let them know about a great product insertion opportunity!

I don't care what anyone says, those commercials are pretty good. I don't give a poo poo about directv, but the characters he plays are good. I still can't figure out how they did the bodybuilder one...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Solice Kirsk posted:

Or a mom. But I doubt they'd go that route.

Well she is filing adoption papers soon.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This part was completely awesome. The way it was shot, the lightning and the rain, the look of hatred in his eyes, everything about that part was so good. Like I literally said "oh gently caress" out loud when Ron says "the package was addressed to my son"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Macaluso posted:

This part was completely awesome. The way it was shot, the lightning and the rain, the look of hatred in his eyes, everything about that part was so good. Like I literally said "oh gently caress" out loud when Ron says "the package was addressed to my son"

Ron is literally every stereotype of an anti-govt pro-privacy kook but has reigned it in to accomplished his job, but his child being targeted by an extensive data mining operation carried about by a billion dollar MNC woke up the tiger and he will not stop until said enemy is destroyed.

Jangles
Apr 1, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

She said she liked finding new people for the job, and she liked firing the faux-April. Hiring/Firing. Human resources. April is everyone's least favorite part of the workplace.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

pentyne posted:

Ron is literally every stereotype of an anti-govt pro-privacy kook but has reigned it in to accomplished his job, but his child being targeted by an extensive data mining operation carried about by a billion dollar MNC woke up the tiger and he will not stop until said enemy is destroyed.

But he is not a spy and will not give up classified information. The mustache does not bend.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So Dr. Richard Nygard is a real person? Or has Craig been teleconferencing with Chris?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

So Dr. Richard Nygard is a real person? Or has Craig been teleconferencing with Chris?
"Dr. Richard Nygard" is the strain of marijuana planted in community gardens across Pawnee.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Dr. Richard Nygard" is the strain of marijuana planted in community gardens across Pawnee.

By the way, it is ridiculous that marijuana is illegal. It grows in the ground! :corsair:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

FadingChord posted:

By the way, it is ridiculous that marijuana is illegal. It grows in the ground! :corsair:
That one former stoner parks director in the season 2 episode was great.

I like how Ron is always PRO freedom, but so anti-hippies he still hates pot. :v:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Ron vs. robot is surprisingly unsurprising as a thing that happens in future-pawnee.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
The future jokes are all very funny. I like how they're doing this.

There was a bit of a swerve in attitudes between the two episodes though. It went from "Let's Take These Mothers Down" to "We Found A Prime Real Estate Opportunity For You And Did All The Work To Ensure It's Possible" pretty quickly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CommaToes posted:

The future jokes are all very funny. I like how they're doing this.

There was a bit of a swerve in attitudes between the two episodes though. It went from "Let's Take These Mothers Down" to "We Found A Prime Real Estate Opportunity For You And Did All The Work To Ensure It's Possible" pretty quickly.

The change was they lost the land and this was the only way for them to get it.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Yeah, but the whole data mining/invasion of privacy thing was glossed over pretty quick.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CommaToes posted:

Yeah, but the whole data mining/invasion of privacy thing was glossed over pretty quick.

If it wasn't for that then it would never have worked. They had a huge hit to their PR and got reminded that giving the land to the park service would help them. This might not be the end of the storyline, and they could still go to war.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I kinda wonder if they're gonna follow that up with an episode of the blowback of gentrification or something, they wrapped that up ridiculously quickly and the solution basically led straight in to another divisive land use issue

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I kinda wonder if they're gonna follow that up with an episode of the blowback of gentrification or something, they wrapped that up ridiculously quickly and the solution basically led straight in to another divisive land use issue

They said that it was only empty buildings, raccoons, and famous German directors.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

They said that it was only empty buildings, raccoons, and famous German directors.

And floor hole guy

Either way I hope they go somewhere with it, after setting Grizl up as the antagonists of the season over multiple episodes they seemed to tie things up very amicably very quickly

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

By the way this scene owned

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Leslie resorts to compromises as much or more than she just wins and gets her way. She gets really into the fight, but the fight is only to get what she wants; if she can get it without going to war with a company, she will. Unlike the show's antagonists, she doesn't need to see her opponents crushed, as long as her goals are met. It's pretty admirable. Pulling a compromise out of her rear end that pleases everyone is kind of her signature move at this point.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It would be pretty baller to eat sushi of my own fish

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Javid posted:

Leslie resorts to compromises as much or more than she just wins and gets her way. She gets really into the fight, but the fight is only to get what she wants; if she can get it without going to war with a company, she will. Unlike the show's antagonists, she doesn't need to see her opponents crushed, as long as her goals are met. It's pretty admirable. Pulling a compromise out of her rear end that pleases everyone is kind of her signature move at this point.

I'm pretty sure this was the resolution of almost every Leslie vs. Someone Else conflict during the Bobby Newport and Town Council seasons.

When's Bobby Newport coming back, anyway?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Javid posted:

See also how she deals with Eagleton.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

bobkatt013 posted:

See also how she deals with Eagleton.

http://youtu.be/4iZOL63vej8?t=2m3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyHVweR7y9Y

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dumb question, I thought there was a previous plot that ended with her realizing she loved animals. Whatever happened with that?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

smackfu posted:

Dumb question, I thought there was a previous plot that ended with her realizing she loved animals. Whatever happened with that?

She managed the Animal Control department after they had to fire the two guys working there, but then presumably stopped that when she went to work for Leslie on the national parks job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

CommaToes posted:

Just like in real life! :smith:

Kristen Bell is one of the best recurring guest stars on this show.

• Locked thread