Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

DJ Dizzy posted:

I'd still field two barges :colbert:

Are you talking Command Barges? Because those are insanely good now. Annihilation Barges are still good, but certainly not the auto-takes they used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Anni barges, although I havent assembled my 2nd barge yet. Why are command barges balls-out good now?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

DJ Dizzy posted:

Anni barges, although I havent assembled my 2nd barge yet. Why are command barges balls-out good now?

They give a morale reroll bubble, can be given IWND (along with the Overlord riding), and are cheaper. CCBs got cheaper and better and ABs got more expensive and remained the same.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

They give a morale reroll bubble, can be given IWND (along with the Overlord riding), and are cheaper. CCBs got cheaper and better and ABs got more expensive and remained the same.

Tesla Destructors lost Arc. Not that it mattered much, but it's a bit more than just a price knock.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Mango Polo posted:

Tesla Destructors lost Arc. Not that it mattered much, but it's a bit more than just a price knock.

And the chance to proc the 2 extra hits on Snap Fire, which is actually kind of huge considering how often they were used for anti-Flyer before. RIP hitting Valkyries with 12 S7 shots. :(

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

And the chance to proc the 2 extra hits on Snap Fire, which is actually kind of huge considering how often they were used for anti-Flyer before. RIP hitting Valkyries with 12 S7 shots. :(

Oh yes, and that. Nasty nerf, and it leaves Necrons with... not a single AA option outside of *Scythes (priced up, though Death Beams can be aimed at flyers now unless I missed something) and Obelisks (300 points, unreliable, can loving mishap on deep strike).
Good thing the army is pretty drat resilient though.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I'm still bringing one because it looks cool as gently caress :colbert:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Mango Polo posted:

Oh yes, and that. Nasty nerf, and it leaves Necrons with... not a single AA option outside of *Scythes (priced up, though Death Beams can be aimed at flyers now unless I missed something) and Obelisks (300 points, unreliable, can loving mishap on deep strike).

Death Ray is a Blast, which cannot be fired at Flyers/Flying Monstrous Creatures. It's a more powerful shot than before (24" S10 AP1 Lance), but doesn't go through models. The fact that the Beam rule exists now and the one gun that should have it doesn't have it is one of the :( parts of the otherwise great codex.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

PierreTheMime posted:

Death Ray is a Blast, which cannot be fired at Flyers/Flying Monstrous Creatures. It's a more powerful shot than before (24" S10 AP1 Lance), but doesn't go through models. The fact that the Beam rule exists now and the one gun that should have it doesn't have it is one of the :( parts of the otherwise great codex.

It can totally hit FMC.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

Ah nevermind then, I thought it had been turned into a single shot weapon.

DJ Dizzy posted:

I'm still bringing one because it looks cool as gently caress :colbert:

It looks cool, no disagreements. And I plan on picking one up to run as an Obelisk + a Canoptek-ified C'tan.
And it can poop out 20 S7 Tesla shots on top of automatically screwing with flyers. It just doesn't do much to pop flyers.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

raverrn posted:

It can totally hit FMC.

Well, under special circumstances. Obviously I meant "when Flying," as they don't have Hard to Hit when grounded or Gliding. You cannot target a Swooping FMC with blasts/templates, but it can scatter and hit them. I wouldn't call it "totally."

Nevermind, forgot Skyfire allowed it because it causes the shots not to Snapfire. You're right.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 29, 2015

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Mango Polo posted:

IA12 has Sentry Pylons - artillery that has a 120", two shot, skyfire/interceptor gauss lascannon for 135 points base. They're immobile, but they don't sound too bad. And they go in squadrons of 1-3.

ChrisAsmadi fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 29, 2015

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
135 points and it can only shoot at full BS flyers and skimmers :I

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

PierreTheMime posted:

My main problem with Tesla was that it allowed the barge or flyer to use its jink save without suffering the consequences.

Necrons did get some good buffs yes, but the really silly broken stuff has been axed.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Rear armor 11 on the CCB kinda kills it for me. If you can beat a Killa Kan you can beat a CCB. Charging a Wraithknight or Knight is simply suicide.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I thought Quantum Shielding was AV13 all sides now?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Rear armor 11 on the CCB kinda kills it for me. If you can beat a Killa Kan you can beat a CCB. Charging a Wraithknight or Knight is simply suicide.

Chariots use front armor.

And the new quantum shielding makes it AV13 on the back as well.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Naramyth posted:

Chariots use front armor.

And the new quantum shielding makes it AV13 on the back as well.
The first is correct - you need something better than a Krak grenade or a way to chew through the Lord in CC to drop a Chariot.

The second was a pretty big rumor, but appears to have been misstated. Quantum shielding is pretty much the same. (And since I had to get a crick in my neck to read this, the rest of you can as well. :colbert:)

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Von Humboldt posted:

(And since I had to get a crick in my neck to read this, the rest of you can as well. :colbert:)

:catbert:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Von Humboldt posted:

The first is correct - you need something better than a Krak grenade or a way to chew through the Lord in CC to drop a Chariot.

The second was a pretty big rumor, but appears to have been misstated. Quantum shielding is pretty much the same. (And since I had to get a crick in my neck to read this, the rest of you can as well. :colbert:)

Well I guess I gotta go back in time and redo Nova 2014! It'd be good, anyway, as my opponents in my first two games told me passengers had to snap shot when the Ghost Ark jinks.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Looks like you can't suck people into a monolith anymore :(

Could it redeploy a unit already on the table before?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah you could. Wish it let you redeploy Jet Pack Infantry and MCs, though.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Or beasts!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

PierreTheMime posted:

No, they also did not have AP5 on their basic attacks. They received some major upgrades, just not enough to field them.

They've got 5 attacks on the charge, can get a 4+, 4++, and have shred for 13points per models. Even if they don't get the additional Charge attack they still get 4 , their crazy good now. A unit of 10 for a 130 points does 50 Attacks on the charge that reroll wounds. They'll beat the poo poo out of most other units of equal points, sure a Knight or something like that's going to kill the whole unit but anything less than a Walker / Super Heavy / Smash Fucker in Combat is going to find them difficult to Deal with and they have a LD 10. Rerolling wounds is major.

It's a really good unit. Just statistically it's a good unit. Plus, Reanimation Protocols change makes it so they'll be more likely to get into CC.

They also can be transported by the Monolith.

If they'd have made it as if their disembarking a open top transport then the Monolith would have been really good.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 29, 2015

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Hollismason posted:

They've got 5 attacks on the charge, can get a 4+, 4++, and have shred for 13points per models. Even if they don't get the additional Charge attack they still get 4 , their crazy good now. A unit of 10 for a 130 points does 50 Attacks on the charge that reroll wounds. They'll beat the poo poo out of most other units of equal points, sure a Knight or something like that's going to kill the whole unit but anything less than a Walker / Super Heavy / Smash Fucker in Combat is going to find them difficult to Deal with and they have a LD 10. Rerolling wounds is major.

It's a really good unit. Just statistically it's a good unit. Plus, Reanimation Protocols change makes it so they'll be more likely to get into CC.

They also can be transported by the Monolith.

If they'd have made it as if their disembarking a open top transport then the Monolith would have been really good.

You can't discount the most popular model in the game right now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Naramyth posted:

You can't discount the most popular model in the game right now.

You shouldn't disregard 1 unit because of 1 other specific unit. Flayed Ones are really really good. By that logic you should not take anything in a army that is not a super heavy. Every units going to have some weakness. Even average rolling equal points of Flayed Ones versus , Death Company, Thunderwolf Calvary, Assault Marines, Bikers, etc.. they come out on top because of the WS and the Reroll to Wound and the permanent invulnerable save. Also your talking about a Armies who's basic Warriors can legitimately threaten a Imperial Knight, having a problem with dealing with armour is not a huge thing for Necrons.

Being able to reroll wounds is a insanely good ability.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 29, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Just wish the new sculpts were as good as the old ones.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I don't even own flayed ones, I own Warriors that I just cut the hands off of and replaced with blades. Easiest conversion ever.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

I don't even own flayed ones, I own Warriors that I just cut the hands off of and replaced with blades. Easiest conversion ever.

are the blades made from chicken beak?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Talons dude, you use chicken talons for weapon hands, why would you use beaks that'd be weird. Gotta be baby chicks though, size has to be right.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ghetto wormhole posted:

Looks like you can't suck people into a monolith anymore :(

Could it redeploy a unit already on the table before?

What?!?! I can't suck people off the table anymore? Man, I loved shocking a bunch of dude into a nice line and sucking them off one by one.

EDIT: Okay, to be fair I like the idea of sucking my own guys off the table and immediately spitting them back out onto my opponent.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Warham nerds still making fun of forums poster Hollandaise Sauce. :what:

Someone spent $10 to make his posts take up more thread space, too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

LordAba posted:

What?!?! I can't suck people off the table anymore? Man, I loved shocking a bunch of dude into a nice line and sucking them off one by one.

EDIT: Okay, to be fair I like the idea of sucking my own guys off the table and immediately spitting them back out onto my opponent.

Snowball tactic is dead.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Post 9-11 User posted:

Warham nerds still making fun of forums poster Hollandaise Sauce. :what:

Someone spent $10 to make his posts take up more thread space, too.

Just put him on ignore, I'm pretty sure half the posters here have done it already.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Slimnoid posted:

Just put him on ignore, I'm pretty sure half the posters here have done it already.

Why would you put the only not poo poo poster on ignore.

Why would you put anyone on ignore.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Who do they have as jetpack infantry? Were Destroyers changed from Jump?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

Snowball tactic is dead.

It's the opposite. You can't swallow the enemies guys off the board, but you can spit your own guys back.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Crosspostin' boyz on bikes. Makes the model look better even if they are a little awkward:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

ijyt posted:

Why would you put the only not poo poo poster on ignore.

Why would you put anyone on ignore.

Moola is not on ignore so I dunno what you're talking about.

As to why: my sanity. Hollis vomits out posts and is basically wrong about everything and that poo poo finally got old for me, and it doesn't look like his hobo rear end is going to change so why bother putting up with it?

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Slimnoid posted:

Moola is not on ignore so I dunno what you're talking about.

As to why: my sanity. Hollis vomits out posts and is basically wrong about everything and that poo poo finally got old for me, and it doesn't look like his hobo rear end is going to change so why bother putting up with it?

Maybe you shouldn't be on a forum.

• Locked thread