Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

joeburz posted:

Is that pic taken on an airplane banking hard left?

Nothing banks even remotely to the left in that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

joeburz posted:

The tripod holding the camera wasn't secured.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Security Through Strength is the political committee helping United States Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) "test the waters" for a potential 2016 run for president. The committee will fund the infrastructure and operations allowing Graham to travel the country, listen to Americans, and gauge support for a potential presidential candidacy.

Sicherheit durch Kraft, eh? I like it; the logo just needs to swap out that blue for a nice stark black, though.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

StarkingBarfish posted:

It does if you're assuming Graham is facing the front of the plane.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

joeburz posted:

It's a dynamic and action-y camera angle man.

But he's technically looking to his left even if it's our right. A good photo composition???

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

joeburz posted:

It does if you're assuming Graham is facing the front of the plane.
since when has a conservative ever longing looked into the future.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

GOD drat YOU WINTER STORMER, I made this and when I go to reply I see your post. But, yes, you are right, I had the exact same thought. It literally looks like something from a dystopian movie about Amerinazis.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Graham- Gramm '16. "Send Washington a twin-telegram that America demands strength at its borders and freedom for its banks"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

The loathing for Lieberman among goons and political nerds started when he tried to censor video games.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

Lieberman was a bad pick because it was part of Gore's distancing himself from the highly popular Clinton presidency, but it was more a symptom rather than a problem in itself. I think most people's loathing for Lieberman came after the election when he became one of the go-to rightist Democrats for the Republicans.

Lieberman was always a bought and paid subsidiary of the insurance industry and AIPAC but he didn't really get repulsive until a few years after he lost in 2000... At least in terms of my radar...

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

The loathing for Lieberman among goons and political nerds started when he tried to censor video games.
Tipper was persona non grata for the same reason only with explicit lyrics labels on albums. That was only a low grumble when Al Gore got the nom though.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Huh, that's weird. I think I love...Megyn Kelly.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/megyn-kelly-ribs-huckabee-women-cursing

quote:

When Fox News host Megyn Kelly read that her former colleague Mike Huckabee allegedly went off on "trashy" women at Fox News for cursing, she assumed he was talking about that one time she accidentally called him "Fuckabee" on-air.

"Megyn, you're the only one who's used that word in front of me at Fox like that," Huckabee joked Wednesday night on "The Kelly File."

The potential Republican presidential candidate made a splash Friday on the Des Moines-based "Mickelson in the Morning" radio show when he said he was taken aback by New Yorkers' use of "gratuitous profanity" while he worked on his now-defunct Fox News show.

“This would be considered totally inappropriate to say these things in front of a woman," he said. "And for a woman to say them in a professional setting — we would only assume that this is a very — as we would say in the South, that’s just trashy!”

Many who listened to that interview thought Huckabee was referring to his female Fox News colleagues. Huckabee told Kelly that the women at Fox were "lovely and delightful."

“Well I do have some news for you before I let you go," Kelly ribbed her former colleague. "We're not only swearing. We’re drinking, we’re smoking, we’re having premarital sex with birth control before we go to work, and sometimes boss around a bunch of men.”

"Oh, I just don't want to hear that," Huckabee responded.

lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

StarkingBarfish posted:

The subtlety on this one is underappreciated, I feel.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Security Through Strength is the political committee helping United States Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) "test the waters" for a potential 2016 run for president. The committee will fund the infrastructure and operations allowing Graham to travel the country, listen to Americans, and gauge support for a potential presidential candidacy.

How often do you think Paul Verhoeven's friends call him up and ask him to rattle off numbers for their Powerball ticket?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Pinterest Mom posted:

We can never have Peace so I am running on Security Through Strength? Jesus Christ, not even hiding the war machine agenda anymore I guess.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Prolonged Priapism posted:

GOD drat YOU WINTER STORMER, I made this and when I go to reply I see your post. But, yes, you are right, I had the exact same thought. It literally looks like something from a dystopian movie about Amerinazis.

I see two bald men with white mustaches and bushy eyebrows kissing.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

FMguru posted:

Put them to work trying to acquire hard-to-get aftermarket accessories for his sweet vette
The real reason the administration pushed for normalizing relations with Cuba is so Biden can have easier access to classic car parts for his restoration projects.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Prolonged Priapism posted:

Black and red are not colors that should be on any political logo.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Lieberman was always a bought and paid subsidiary of the insurance industry and AIPAC but he didn't really get repulsive until a few years after he lost in 2000... At least in terms of my radar...

Lieberman got repulsive after 9/11, when a lot of people who had previously been sane lost their goddamn minds and went full on anti-Muslim/bomb everything.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

Lindsey Graham, man of action.

N-no, not that kind of action.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Will every GOP candidate sign this National Organization for Marriage pledge?

quote:

"I have to tell you, I am really excited about our opportunities this year. We're in the best position we've been in in years thanks to the support of you and other members of NOM. With a solid pro-marriage majority in both the House and the US Senate, populated by real marriage champions like Representatives Raul Labrador and John Fleming in the House and Senators Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and newly elected Thom Tillis and Tom Cotton in the Senate, we are in a great position to advance critical legislation. In fact, our federal team is already hard at work on several bills including protecting the right of every American to be free of government punishment for defending the truth of marriage in the daily lives.

"In addition to work in Congress, we're also working behind the scenes to advance critical legislation at the state level, where a huge majority of pro-marriage legislators and Governors now hold office across the land. We're also working hard to make sure the next Republican presidential nominee is a trusted conservative and marriage supporter. We'll have an announcement soon about our new presidential pledge that we will ask every candidate to sign. It could be a game-changer in the presidential contest, because it is going to put candidates' feet to the fire. But all of this and more can happen only if we have the continued support of members like you. Please renew your membership today." - Brian Brown

Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum, and Newt Gingrich signed the 2012 pledge but sounds like this pledge is going to be much more crazy anti gay.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Will every GOP candidate sign this National Organization for Marriage pledge?

Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum, and Newt Gingrich signed the 2012 pledge but sounds like this pledge is going to be much more crazy anti gay.

Any candidate with a brain wouldn't sign this, they'd get clobbered with it in the general. Hell, I thought the GOP was going to stop hammering same sex marriage as hard as were since it was clearly doing more harm than good.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

One candidate who the religious right will go after is Christie on this issue. He did not fight gay marriage in the end AND signed ban on gay conversion "therapy"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Calling the effort to stop millions of Americans from being able to get married "pro-marriage" may be the funniest Frank Luntz bullshit yet.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

TARDISman posted:

Any candidate with a brain wouldn't sign this, they'd get clobbered with it in the general. Hell, I thought the GOP was going to stop hammering same sex marriage as hard as were since it was clearly doing more harm than good.

the non-serious candidates are going to sign it for sure

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
They must know that they're on the wrong side of history at this point. It's just spite driving them now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I would watch a half hour show Sunday news show that's nothing but people telling Mike Huckabee about things he doesn't want to hear about that happen and are completely legal.

code:
Mike, 18 year old girls are getting large tattoos on their necks

I...no....that's...

Mike, it's legal to smoke weed in a few states now

Christ, what...I mean how could...

Mike, women wear yoga pants to church

I don't wanna hear this...nooo...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

baw posted:

They must know that they're on the wrong side of history at this point. It's just spite driving them now.

It's not like the electorate's memory is long enough to punish them for that or anything.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Remember when people deluded themselves into thinking Huckabee was somehow a decent person?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

She only gives a poo poo about rich white woman though.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Remember when people deluded themselves into thinking Huckabee was somehow a decent person?

Yeah, I was one of them. Out of all the candidates last time he was only one that didn't repulse me.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

bpower posted:

Yeah, I was one of them. Out of all the candidates last time he was only one that didn't repulse me.

I remember back in 2008 when he was one of the very few on the right not to try to pigpile Obama over Reverend Wright, going so far as to say on Fox (if I remember right) that as someone who grew up in latter days of Jim Crow he totally understood why African Americans of Wright's age might well still carry resentments. It was surprisingly reasonable of him.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

which South did Huckabee grow up in where people don't swear

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

PupsOfWar posted:

The fictional one from the past people think existed.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I remember back in 2008 when he was one of the very few on the right not to try to pigpile Obama over Reverend Wright, going so far as to say on Fox (if I remember right) that as someone who grew up in latter days of Jim Crow he totally understood why African Americans of Wright's age might well still carry resentments. It was surprisingly reasonable of him.

Yeah, I was stuff like that. And when he answered questions , he seemed to actually think about each question rather going into robot mode and spitting out the correct sound bite. There was quiz on the BBC website, one of those "See which candidate agrees with you" things. I was really surprised when Huckabee came out as my lest "favourite" candidate.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Literally a Metal Gear Solid character.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

2008 Huckabee is the Huckabee who was given the chance to repudiate his 1992 comments about people with HIV/AIDS needing to be "isolated" from society, and didn't take it. He wasn't a nice guy.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

PupsOfWar posted:

"friend of the family" isn't a swear, duh

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Huckabee is one of the more frightening Republican candidates because he's smart, charming, and (relatively) sane, which makes him a one-eyed man in the land of the blind as far as the modern Republican party is concerned. He's just got the old-time religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Huckabee is one of the more frightening Republican candidates because he's smart, charming, and (relatively) sane, which makes him a one-eyed man in the land of the blind as far as the modern Republican party is concerned. He's just got the old-time religion.

I don't think calling a completely non-controversial popular pop star a whore is a relatively smart or charming thing for someone running for public office to do...

The person you're describing is actually Scott Walker.

• Locked thread