Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CODChimera posted:

Why doesn't he just say stun instead?

Cause it's a meme, he isn't the only one who calls it that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Also it isnt as funny

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
EU LCS starts in about an hour~

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flameingblack posted:

Oh neat, I'l have something to do while I watch paint dry

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

I don't know why but I really like making bad predictions.

TODAY:

H2K - MYM
UOL - Giants
FNC - ROCC
SK - Gambit
Elementsp - CW

I like H2K to get their first win, I think FNC may regress a little after an awesome first week, and I think SK is far and away the best EULCS team right now.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
H2K - MYM
UOL - Giants
FNC - ROCC
SK - Gambit
Elementsp - CW

Blue side rules supreme this week.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
H2K vs MYM: Meet Your Makers just aren't playing well after losing two of their best players. The remaining crew just aren't good enough on their own; I think this may be the one game Ryu can win on his own.
UoL vs GIA: Gaints look like a very strong, decisive team and you can tell they're very confident every time they go into a team fight. This will carry them pretty far into the early season until other teams catch up.
FNC vs ROC: The combination between REIGNOVER and Yellowstar alone should be more than enough to carry a team, strong vision control + mechanically perfect jungler. This combination will carry them until they synergy with the rest of the team and get stronger.
SK vs GMB: Where FNC has the strongest individual players, SK Gaming has the strongest shotcalling and strategy-based play in Europe. Gambit look as bad as Velocity gaming, maybe worse.
EL vs CW : Wolves are awful at closing games, and if there's a single team in the LCS that benefits from long, drawn-out matches that go on for an hour, it's probably Elements. It doesn't matter who's ahead for the first 40 minutes, it's going to come down to the last 5.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Freaksaus posted:

H2K - MYM
UOL - Giants
FNC - ROCC
SK - Gambit
Elementsp - CW

Blue side rules supreme this week.

Yeah this looks good.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I'm gonna agree with Freaksaus' rundown, I think that's the way my votes go too.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
H2K - MYM
UOL - Giants
FNC - ROCC
SK - Gambit
Elements - CW

Pretty simple and predictable matches...so expect some bizarre fuckin' upsets, folks.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Transient People posted:

Pretty simple and predictable matches...so expect some bizarre fuckin' upsets, folks.

I really hope CW beats Elements, both for fantasy reasons and schadenfraude reasons.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I fully expect Wolves over Elementz, don't let me down boys

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
My predictions are always wrong, so I'm not going to call for any upsets I want to see like obviously

Omnikin posted:

I fully expect Wolves over Elementz, don't let me down boys

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Elements are the New England Patriots of the LCS minus the titles and the track record of sustained excellence.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Going all blue side too.
I expect UoL to ban Jax against Giants and then we'll see if they can do anything without a late game hyper carry getting solo kills on early game power houses like Renekton. Maybe Werlyb is equally good at champs like Irelia or Gnar and it ends up being a moot point though :shrug:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

CODChimera posted:

Why doesn't he just say stun instead?

Why do people call Wraith Collar/Twin Shadows "spooky ghosts"? Why would anyone make up a nickname for anything I don't understand.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Why do people call Wraith Collar/Twin Shadows "spooky ghosts"? Why would anyone make up a nickname for anything I don't understand.

I just thought they'd want to keep things quick and simple for their comms.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cut to Ryu sleeping in his chair minutes before the match

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Twin Shadows should legit just be renamed Spooky Ghosts. It's all that anyone has called it since it has been released as an item.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I like searching for it in the shop by typing spooky. Same for boots when I play Nami or Cass by typing hat.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I really like this H2K roster and I'm rooting for them today.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

I really like this H2K roster and I'm rooting for them today.

Me too, I hope they pull it together and I think they can.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I'm pretty sure that something in the actual code of the game for the item is called "spooky ghosts" and that's where it came from?

I'm glad Prolly got to move to Europe and be a coach, that's gotta be pretty rad.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I like H2K's comp more.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

curiousCat posted:

I like H2K's comp more.

MYM has literally one of the worst Rengar comps I've ever seen, it makes no sense.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The Jungle buddy system needs to die. I don't care what kind of meta-game changes need to happen to make it real.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That was a great dive.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Game over.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wow, they pulled that dive off pretty well.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Seems to me that MYM could have at least gotten kill during that first towerdive if they hadn't bunched up close enough for a double Annie-stun, but I'm a scrub so maybe they were SOL no matter what they did.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 29, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Great TP Mimer. Big plays. LOL

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Schiavona posted:

I'm pretty sure that something in the actual code of the game for the item is called "spooky ghosts" and that's where it came from?

I'm glad Prolly got to move to Europe and be a coach, that's gotta be pretty rad.

Yep, Twin Shadows' fun fact is that the little wraiths you send out are actually tagged "spooky ghosts" in the game code. I wondered the same thing until someone dropped that knowledge bomb on me. Spooky Ghosts are, of course, the best.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Not the best use of both a teleport and a Rumble ult there...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Aumanor posted:

Seems to me that MYM could have at least gotten kill during that first towerdive if they hadn't bunched up close enough for a double Annie-stun, but I'm a scrub so maybe they were SOL no matter what they did.

I think they were hosed no matter what because H2K decided to dive with four people. Maybe if J4 had missed his combo then they could have lived, but that's about it.

Edit: Yeah that TP was awful.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Ouch, I don't see MYM coming back from this.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

One minor thing I've noticed is that several pro players have big differences in when they prioritize finishing boots 2. You would think it would be pretty standard but like in this game Hjarnan got them before IE and Rallez still doesn't have them yet and he's finished his second item. In my own item builds I don't feel like I really know if boots upgrade are a power spike at any point, or if you just want to complete them when you have a certain amount of money and cannot buy anything else.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Libertine posted:

One minor thing I've noticed is that several pro players have big differences in when they prioritize finishing boots 2. You would think it would be pretty standard but like in this game Hjarnan got them before IE and Rallez still doesn't have them yet and he's finished his second item. In my own item builds I don't feel like I really know if boots upgrade are a power spike at any point, or if you just want to complete them when you have a certain amount of money and cannot buy anything else.

Boots feel like a momentum pick IME. If you're ahead, get em to win every punchout with superior lasthitting and champ killing. If you're behind keep gunning for your powerspike item.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

The Jungle buddy system needs to die. I don't care what kind of meta-game changes need to happen to make it real.

I hate lane swapping because I also hate the jungle buddy system, but I can't imagine what could stop it. Now that some teams don't value the dragon at all there's even less concern about having their bot lane in top too, so :I

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

I hate lane swapping because I also hate the jungle buddy system, but I can't imagine what could stop it. Now that some teams don't value the dragon at all there's even less concern about having their bot lane in top too, so :I

The only thing that could stop it is if there were some reason to run a tri lane, but there's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
H2K - MYM - I swear i was going to bet this, I thought the games weren't going yet!!!!

UOL - Giants - I like UoL but where they look like a gimmicky team with a bunch of weaknesses that still catches people off guard, Giants looked kind of good last week.
FNC - ROCC - Fnatic looked amazing last week
SK - Gambit - Looking forward, does anyone think Gambit has a chance to become a great team?
Elements - CW - I have a hunch :barf: Elements :barf: past Rekkles and Froggen will be in full "what game are we playing again?" mode for the next week or two.

• Locked thread