Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

SilverFire posted:

Here's another Monster Hunter code for U.S.: A0710DTW1TKSX5HC

Snatched--thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

The Kins posted:

They're making way for the new 3DS iteration, SmileBASIC, that's coming out in the Spring. I guess they're trying to reduce the odds of people buying the old one and trying to run code for the old one?

I figured the European release would be incredibly delayed as well.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Eruonen posted:

I figured the European release would be incredibly delayed as well.
Smileboom is handling it internationally this time, there probably won't be as big of a delay.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The Kins posted:

I didn't hate it, but it did fall very flat with me.

I just bought it and played through it. I think it took a total of 2 hours to beat the game with all three characters, and apparently, that's all there is to the game. It's hard to say a game isn't worth $2, but I would have been happier with a $1 price on it. It's not bad, but there's not much to it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played Gunman Clive but it kinda looks like a bad Sunset Riders

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played Gunman Clive but it kinda looks like a bad Sunset Riders

Apparently it plays like mega man. Either way, its one of those earlyish eshop games like Mutant Mudds, Steam World Dig, and Dillons Rolling Western that came highly recommended from general 3DS internet places and the rest of those games suck so I'm fine with ignoring this one too.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
GC is only $2 and it literally copies some platforming techniques from the MM games and still keeps things fun. It's made by one person so keep that in mind.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Stan Taylor posted:

Apparently it plays like mega man. Either way, its one of those earlyish eshop games like Mutant Mudds, Steam World Dig, and Dillons Rolling Western that came highly recommended from general 3DS internet places and the rest of those games suck so I'm fine with ignoring this one too.

Um, Steamworld Dig rules??

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dillons is good too...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Clive was fun but I would have felt cheated if I bought it for more than $2, it's really light on content. I would definitely give the sequel a try.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Um, Steamworld Dig rules??

I played it on PC because it came in a humble bundle and it's boring as gently caress.

Dillons Western is at least interesting but still wonky as hell, and not something I'd recommend you spend money on. I got it with Club Nintendo points so that's fine.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I'm still not sure how I feel about Gunman Clive. I had enough fun playing it, and had enough fun to beat it with every character, but I also can't really articulate why it was fun, and when I think about it now, the only thing I can really remark on is how short and mediocre it was.

Again, for $2, it's hard to feel remorse buying it, but I can't really articulate any reasons to recommend it.

Edit: I guess I can recommend it if you really like platformers and you've beaten every other platformer on the system, and need something to take up 2 hours.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gunman Clive was successful because the dev was and is one of the only devs to release a non-shovelware game at a low price, I don't think anyone ever claimed it was an amazing game or anything, just a reasonably priced game on a platform that doesn't have many.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought the Mutant Mudds game was good, the mechanics were tight and reliable and the platforming was hard but fair.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They just announced another Mutant Mudds game, now that you mention it. It's not a sequel, more of a level pack.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I wish Renegade Kid would show any interest in releasing Xeodrifter in PAL regions.

I generally like most of their non horrible FPS based stuff, but they are sort of like Nicalis in that it's pot luck if we even get stuff released over here.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
MH4U Code (NA):

A0703HA82CQ4W1LL

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Slur posted:

MH4U Code (NA):

A0703HA82CQ4W1LL

took this, thanks

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
loving finally, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is coming out in Europe on both platforms next week.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The pixel art and music is usually reason enough for me to buy wayforward games, but pretty much every review called it the best Shantae game so far, so I'm pretty excited for the 3DS version.

Anyone bothered with Moon Chronicles on 3DS? I wouldn't even consider downloading it in 4 separate "episodes" (seriously go gently caress yourselves any developer that does this), but whenever it does get a PAL release they said they'd put it all back together in one package like an actual proper game that doesn't take up 4 times the space for no good reason

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 29):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (update)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Rock 'n Racing Off Road - €5.99 / £5.39 or €4.99 / £4.49 for owners of Abyss, 99seconds, Unepic, Rock Zombie, 99 Moves, Spy Chameleon
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Majora's Mask Pack - €6.99 / £6.29
  • New adventure mode map with six new 8-bit weapons and 16 mask-inspired costumes
  • Two new characters (Tingle, Child Link)
  • Three new costumes (Skull Kid Lana, OOT Sheik, OOT Impa)
WII CLASSICS FOR WII U
    Metroid Prime Trilogy - €9.99 / £7.99 until February 5, standard price €19.99 / £17.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €14.90 / £12.40 until January 30
    Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Wii U eShop) - €3.69 / £3.33 until February 3
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I DON'T KNOW! (Wii U) - €9.99 / £5.99 until February 5
    Ben 10 Omniverse (Wii U) - €4.99 / £4.99 until February 5
    Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (Wii U) - €2.99 / £2.99 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Wii U) - €9.99 / £8.99 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Wii U) - €19.90 / £13.99 until February 5
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £6.79 until February 5
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U) - €29.99 / £21.99 until February 5
    Unepic (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until February 5
    99Moves (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12
    99Seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.34 until February 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Codename S.T.E.A.M. (demo)
    Best of Arcade Games - €24.99 / £19.99
    Best of Board Games - €24.99 / £19.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Gunman Clive 2 - €2.99 / £2.79
3DS MENU THEMES
    NES Balloon Fight - €1.99 / £1.79
    NES Fire Mario - €1.99 / £1.79
    NES Metroid - €1.99 / £1.79
    NES "Sword-Swinging Link" - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    99Moves (Wii U eShop) - €0.99 / £0.99 until February 4
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I DON'T KNOW! (3DS) - €9.89 / £6.49 until February 5
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (3DS) - €4.99 / £3.69 until February 5
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - €19.99 / £18.99 until February 5
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS) - €24.49 / £17.49 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.20 until February 5
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (3DS) - €29.99 / £21.49 until February 5
    Project X Zone (3DS - €14.99 / £9.99 until February 5
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.80 until February 8
    Dress to Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 8
    Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 8

NA update (week of January 29):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (update)
WII U eSHOP GAMES
    Blek - $4.99
    Frenchy Bird - $1.99
WII CLASSICS FOR WII U
    Metroid Prime Trilogy - $9.99 until January 29, standard price $19.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Shadow of the Ninja (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Darts Up (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until February 19

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Gunman Clive 2 - $2.99
    Drop Zone: Under Fire - $4.99
    Jewel Quest: The Sapphire Dragon - $5.99
    Sumico - $2.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Shadow of the Ninja (NES) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Dress to Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until February 1
    Dress to Play: Magic Bubble (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until February 1
    TMNT: Danger of the Ooze (3DS) - $14.99 until February 6
    Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival (3DS) - $12.99 until February 6
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Donkey Kong '94 (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until June 30
    Excitebike (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 30
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 30
    Super Mario Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until June 30
    Super Metroid (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until June 30
    Super Punch-Out!! (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until June 30
    The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 30
    Wario Land II (3DS VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 30

NOA is late with their PR so no updated sales for now, its 2:30am here and I'm done waiting around.

Metroid Prime Trilogy requires a Wiimote/Nunchuk, buy it anyway.

For those who don't know, Codename S.T.E.A.M. is the upcoming Valkyria-esque strategy game from the Advance Wars team at IntSys. The demo is very tutorial-y but it'll at least give you a basic idea of how it plays, if you're still unaware.

The Smash update adds a bunch more selectable stages to 8-Player Smash (not new stages, just versions of existing stages with some of the gimmicks turned off because Ridley's too big for 8-man Smash). I don't think there are any balance changes.

Both those VC games are worth checking out, and I guess PAL-land people can expect the other GBA GV games pretty soon, too. About drat time.

.TakaM posted:

Anyone bothered with Moon Chronicles on 3DS? I wouldn't even consider downloading it in 4 separate "episodes" (seriously go gently caress yourselves any developer that does this), but whenever it does get a PAL release they said they'd put it all back together in one package like an actual proper game that doesn't take up 4 times the space for no good reason

I don't think they're merging it together as one game, I think they're just submitting it all to certification at the same time so they can release it all at once.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah, I'd forgotten they dropped the 'Circle of the Moon' subtitle in the EU, they did the same thing with Lament of Innocence so there's like three games just called Castlvania in Europe. Looks pretty decent for a GBA launch title now you don't have to deal with either the washed out SP screen or not being able to see at all.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Circle of the Moon is the best and hardest GBA Castlevania, please enjoy it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
PaletteSwappedNinja, wouldn't the sale for Trilogy in NA be until February 5? It says that for PAL, but not NA. Surely it starts in NA on the 29th?

Boy, that is one hell of a deal... all of those games for $9.99. I am so glad that I returned my hard copy that cost 4.5 times as much.

I am also impatiently waiting for the last wave of Nintendo rewards to be posted on the Club Nintendo site, so that I can begin binge shopping for VC titles.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NA doesn't get the STEAM demo?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Lodin posted:

loving finally, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is coming out in Europe on both platforms next week.
Well that's about drat time.

Now where's my Gunvolts, Nintendo?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

MinibarMatchman posted:

NA doesn't get the STEAM demo?

Gamestop employees and their buddies do.

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008
Wii U
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy: $9.99
  • Mario Kart 8: $44.99
  • Super Mario Kart: $5.99

3DS
  • Mario Golf: World Tour: $22.49
  • Mario Golf (GBC): $2.49
  • Metroid (NES): $3.49

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
STEAM demo is on the shop in NA, actually.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Son of Isaac posted:

Wii U

3DS

If you haven't played it, Mario Golf: World Tour is a lot of fun. I don't know if there are still live tournaments being held, but it has a lot of content (granted, some is DLC) and is a reasonable golf sim without being too hard core, but it's not too arcade-y either. It's much closer to real golf than Mario Tennis is to tennis, that's for ssure.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Manticore posted:

STEAM demo is on the shop in NA, actually.

Yeah I am definitely downloading this right now and I am in the US.

JustJeff88 posted:

If you haven't played it, Mario Golf: World Tour is a lot of fun. I don't know if there are still live tournaments being held, but it has a lot of content (granted, some is DLC) and is a reasonable golf sim without being too hard core, but it's not too arcade-y either. It's much closer to real golf than Mario Tennis is to tennis, that's for ssure.

They are in fact still running tournaments and adding new equipment to the game. Everyone play Mario Golf, it rules.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Son of Isaac posted:

Wii U

3DS

drat, Metroid Prime Trilogy is ~8GB. Guess it's time that I finally get an external hard drive.

I don't know why I expected it to be less, considering that a quick glance over the file size of... less legitimate versions put the .iso at 8-9GB, but I was kinda hoping that Nintendo would be able to work some kind of magic on it.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 29, 2015

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

codenameFANGIO posted:

They are in fact still running tournaments and adding new equipment to the game. Everyone play Mario Golf, it rules.

That's good to hear. It's the best Mario Golf game so far, I would way with confidence, and that's a fairly strong statement as I played the hell out of Toadstool Tour on the GameCube; still have it, actually. I unlocked everything on that game, which is also saying something because the treetop Birdie Challenge took me dozens of tries. I still remember the day I finally did it, and the 2-shot challenge on the 3DS is even harder, I hear.

lelandjs posted:

drat, Metroid Prime Trilogy is ~8GB. Guess it's time that I finally get an external hard drive.

I don't know why I expected it to be less, considering that a quick glance over the file size of... less legitimate versions put the .iso at 8-9GB, but I was kinda hoping that Nintendo would be able to work some kind of magic on it.

Blimey, that is big. I was thinking 5 or 6 GB, but I'm still okay. I have about 18 GB left on my Wii U drive since all of my "big games" (Mario platformers, Kart, Smash) are on disc.

I'm not really keen to try that demo, but I wish that they would bring out more of the old Advance Wars games on Virtual Console. Of the 4 that came out in the West, 1 is my least favourite. I'd love to see AW2 and/or Days of Ruin the most, but I'd even be happy with Dual Strike even though that one is about as well-balanced as a three-wheeled shopping trolley.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

how RPGish is the mario 3ds golf? I loved the hell outta the one that was.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Junkie Disease posted:

Not RPGish at all as far as I've played. There's a little castle area you can walk around and talk to people, you can equip gear to raise your stats... but that's about it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Junkie Disease posted:

Not really at all, there's equipment and costumes that change your stats and that's about it.

The real meat of the game imo is the challenge mode. Every course has a bunch of pretty tough challenges, then you unlock an even harder set after you play enough of them. The DLC is also really nice as it comes with 6 18 hole courses and I believe 4 characters.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Curve Digital also put their stuff on sale in NA this week:

Stealth Inc. 2 - $10.99
Lone Survivor: Director's Cut - $8.99
The Swapper - $14.99
Thomas Was Alone - $6.99

JustJeff88 posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja, wouldn't the sale for Trilogy in NA be until February 5? It says that for PAL, but not NA. Surely it starts in NA on the 29th?

You're right, typo.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sakurazuka posted:

Hah, I'd forgotten they dropped the 'Circle of the Moon' subtitle in the EU, they did the same thing with Lament of Innocence so there's like three games just called Castlvania in Europe. Looks pretty decent for a GBA launch title now you don't have to deal with either the washed out SP screen or not being able to see at all.

I owned Circle of the moon and Aria of Sorrow PAL and they had the subtitles.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurtofan posted:

I owned Circle of the moon and Aria of Sorrow PAL and they had the subtitles.

There is no PAL version of CotM with subtitle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Well it was on the cartridges and the game menu at least.