Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Couldn't even put her lips on straight. Too busy making them huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Can someone replace the Muslim women with Nuns?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Brainbread posted:

Can someone replace the Muslim women with Nuns?

I don't think we want to encourage that habit.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"No one remembers Israel or the holocaust!"

"When are we going to start talking about the Super Bowl?"

...and has anyone ever actually seen a smartphone anywhere?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

bunnyofdoom posted:

I don't think we want to encourage that habit.

:drat:
Could we get a smiley exclusively for puns? Like a little JRROSS! or something?

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Everybody's (rightly) mad about how dumb the chair is but I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and say that is the worst human face I have ever seen

There's a human face in that picture?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

pkfan2004 posted:

Oh my god that elephant. :kimchi: Just when I think they can't get any better, we get cute facial expressions that match their bodies too!

Toles is a treasure.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

He did? I don't remember that.

He retweeted some neckbeardy baloney about how the emotionally stunted manchildren who comprise GamerGate had such experience fighting evil villains with their console controllers that real-life evil villains like Anita Sarkeesian would be no match. It was the biggest dork poo poo ever, so basically Eric Allie.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

As a non-american this cartoon is totally baffling. Someone debated the president while sitting in a bathtub of cereal? As an ad for the democrats?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Squishy posted:

As a non-american this cartoon is totally baffling. Someone debated the president while sitting in a bathtub of cereal? As an ad for the democrats?

The person became youtube famous for filling a bathtub with cereal and milk - Obama has decided to do interviews with people who are youtube famous. Ergo: Obama is going to debase the office by appearing on between two ferns in a silly youtube video.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Obama did some interviews with YouTube stars. The weird lady in the bathtub cereal was one of them.

Honestly, I thought the whole thing was pretty stupid and slight. Wingnuts got the "stupid" part right but have, as is their wont, blown it to elephantine proportions.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh my god Clint Eastwood debating an empty chair happened at your convention, you probably shouldn't remind us of that and try to score a sick burn on Obama at the same time. It's like every time they dredge up "Mission Accomplished" while also expecting you to not remember where it came from.
It should probably be noted that we are not Michael Ramirez' target demographic. He is published in noted old rich white man paper Investor's Business Daily, so it's a "funny in-joke" for them.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

If you wanna do a pun emote it should probably involve Geop, one of the mods of LP

Anyone who browses LP knows why

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Everybody's (rightly) mad about how dumb the chair is but I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring and say that is the worst human face I have ever seen

It's seriously a crazy racist caricature. Like if A Wyatt Mann drew the same scene nothing would be different.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Also for non-americans wondering about the empty chair it's a reference to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=933hKyKNPFQ

Ultra conservatives thought this was great, but everyone else just recognizes it as being crazy as poo poo.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

It should probably be noted that we are not Michael Ramirez' target demographic. He is published in noted old rich white man paper Investor's Business Daily, so it's a "funny in-joke" for them.
If you wanna do a pun emote it should probably involve Geop, one of the mods of LP

It should be LP-centric for sure, because goons that talk about LPs are the worst punsters in the world, yet they never stop punning. Pretty much any popular LP thread gets bogged down by pages upon pages of dumb puns, usually the exact same puns each page.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Gilganixon posted:

Xander you're the propaganda guy,
Err.. thanks?

quote:

do you have a collection of Spanish Civil War/Soviet/Chinese propaganda featuring women soldiers? I remember seeing a lot of images along those lines a while back.
I have come across a collection of Soviet "women in the army" posters, but they were basically all the same "smiling pretty girl posing in uniform". Similar to American WWII posters, but a touch more patriotic and ideologically pure, naturally. Nothing worth posting, really.

There were also some "every man woman and child defends the Middle Kingdom (from the menace of Sparrows, usually)" in the big dump of Chinese stuff at the end of the previous thread.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

This is the guy who draws Wormbama and Bushray.

...But it's real bad, yeah.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Haha, Ted Rall appeared on French TV.

http://info.arte.tv/fr/liberte-dexpression-les-coups-de-crayons-de-trois-caricaturistes (third video, the first two are about Russian and Pakistani cartoonists).

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Uncanny.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Haha, Ted Rall appeared on French TV.

http://info.arte.tv/fr/liberte-dexpression-les-coups-de-crayons-de-trois-caricaturistes (third video, the first two are about Russian and Pakistani cartoonists).

I thought he spoke French, kinda disappointed to see he was dubbed over.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
[quote="Prokhor Zakharov" post="440884577"]
Also for non-americans wondering about the empty chair it's a reference to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=933hKyKNPFQ

Ultra conservatives thought this was great, but everyone else just recognizes it as being crazy as poo poo.
[/q8uote]

To be fair, is there any criticism of Obama from the right that is all of these simultaneously?

a) Rooted in reality
b) A criticism a Republican would face equally
c) Against objectionable policy

Because based on stuff like NRA-howling, dijongate and token objections to drone strikes, I feel like Obama is everything conservatives want in a democrat president.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Xander77 posted:

Err.. thanks?
I have come across a collection of Soviet "women in the army" posters, but they were basically all the same "smiling pretty girl posing in uniform". Similar to American WWII posters, but a touch more patriotic and ideologically pure, naturally. Nothing worth posting, really.

There were also some "every man woman and child defends the Middle Kingdom (from the menace of Sparrows, usually)" in the big dump of Chinese stuff at the end of the previous thread.

Would the works of Hu Ming work? Note: A lot of it is blatantly :NSW: but is also just kinda bizarre and there actually is an interesting story behind her work.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'We won't publish these gruesome war photos, it is bad for morale :911:'

'"Thanks a lot nanny press!"

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Oh no, what will people do with only 412 million acres left to exploit?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I'd go for a Givney Flip emote.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
*two months ago*
CIA torture is reprehensible! Thank you for lifting the veil on this, Senator Feinstein!
*now*
Don't like weed? gently caress you Dianne Feinstein!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Remember that thing Christianity, Buddhism, and Judaism have forbidding depictions of those people? Oh wait. "Sincere religious belief" only matters if it's blocking gay people or birth control.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

So, from left to right, Christ, Moses, Buddha and who?

PS: Pretty sure Ancient Hebrews did not use Roman numerals.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kopijeger posted:

So, from left to right, Christ, Moses, Buddha and who?

PS: Pretty sure Ancient Hebrews did not use Roman numerals.

It's probably just a scan of a modern Humash, can't really fault him for that :shrug:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bicyclops posted:

That's pretty optimistic of you. I think a large percentage of the population would believe that man actually does have one fewer rib and that at least half of those attribute the Adam and Eve myth as the reason, rather than other way round.

waaay back but I wanted to make the joke, "That's because most Americans are too fat to count their ribs"

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

beepsandboops posted:

*two months ago*
CIA torture is reprehensible! Thank you for lifting the veil on this, Senator Feinstein!
*now*

It's mondo lame to the maxx that a politician is an old person and not a cool Millennial like me, Theodore Rall III. Wait until everyone sees my ginchy cartoon where this unsettling crone registers confusion at kids enjoying Apple Jacks cereal, citing "non-apple flavor"

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Using one of his little smirking dogs. Make the scrolling text say "i wish the president would LEAF me alone"

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

beepsandboops posted:

*two months ago*
*now*

Feintstein is pretty awful and the torture report is one of the like four good things she's done in her political career. Don't forget she loving loves the NSA spying programs as long as they're not spying on her.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

It's mondo lame to the maxx that a politician is an old person and not a cool Millennial like me, Theodore Rall III. Wait until everyone sees my ginchy cartoon where this unsettling crone registers confusion at kids enjoying Apple Jacks cereal, citing "non-apple flavor"

Ted Rall must verge on tears every time he realizes how old he is

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

That poo poo can't actually be legal, can it? If you can fine people for not following a law that doesn't exist that's basically giving you the power to make an equivalent law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

THat figure fourth from the left is a terrible Odin, he has two eyes

• Locked thread