Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Starbound: Has A Big Dick

uhh, no cussing please, this is going to be a polite family friendly thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Starbound: Come waste $30 on this $10 game

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Babe Magnet posted:

Let's just make it one of wint's tweets.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Starbound: I wish starbound was a dick

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

Babe Magnet posted:

Starbound: B====================D~

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

Let's just make it one of wint's tweets.

starbound: already hollerin' about the anubis

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remember when the biggest drama was from bird tits and cum guns

lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

I mean I could say "it's not finished yet", and it might be relevant to this topic to bring up the alternate progression the game plans to have eventually, but speaking solely for what's right in front of us and can actually be played, that definitely stands out.

If this is nearly a year's progress then I have no loving idea when the game is going to be finished. The amount of content just is not worth the amount of time it's taken.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

OwlFancier posted:

If this is nearly a year's progress then I have no loving idea when the game is going to be finished. The amount of content just is not worth the amount of time it's taken.
I certainly won't disagree. I like a lot of the changes so far but it's a loving glacial pace.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

thick, fast, etc

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Eonwe posted:

Starbound: I wish starbound was a dick

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Vib Rib posted:

I certainly won't disagree. I like a lot of the changes so far but it's a loving glacial pace.

My feelings about the game are probably a lot less cynical because I mostly ignored the game for some months and now it's better suddenly.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
The game will be done in 3 months when Chucklefish pulls a Double Fine. The developers have no clue how to design a game. They'll just add some more sprites, gently caress up the basic mechanics even more, and declare it a finished product. That's what happens when 90% of a dev team is made up of "artists".

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's different, I wouldn't say it's better. Most of the new stuff is good, but it's not good enough to make up for how bad some of the other new stuff is.

e: shukaro I'm stealing some elements from your OP, not many though. I don't want to waste my time making the exact same thing that already exists

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Adding more assets to a game makes it better! :downs:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Musluk posted:

Starbound: Come waste $30 on this $10 game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Starbound: I can't believe how much RAM they put in it

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
To be honest I really don't see why all these progression/tutorial/gating quests are needed, let alone what they accomplish other than annoying you.

Babe Magnet posted:

It's different, I wouldn't say it's better. Most of the new stuff is good, but it's not good enough to make up for how bad some of the other new stuff is.

e: shukaro I'm stealing some elements from your OP, not many though. I don't want to waste my time making the exact same thing that already exists

no worries

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm trying not to make the new title too hostile because I want people to feel safe in the thread, it's supposed to be a welcoming and warm community so you guys better be on your best behavior!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Starbound: remember this?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

If the next thread title isn't "Starbound: I wish Starbound was a dick" I don't know how I'm going to find it

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Is there a convenient list of mods that work with the new version, or alternately a pack of good mods already assembled for lazy people? I'm asking for a friend who wishes Starbound was a dick.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm trying not to make the new title too hostile because I want people to feel safe in the thread, it's supposed to be a welcoming and warm community so you guys better be on your best behavior!!!

Starbound: BYOB8.2

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

Is there a convenient list of mods that work with the new version, or alternately a pack of good mods already assembled for lazy people? I'm asking for a friend who wishes Starbound was a dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH0hLJMnx7E

this will make Starbound a dick

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Starbound: BYOB8.2

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I don't want that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

starbound: good games, good posts, whats not to love

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Starbound: Chucklefucked again!

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
literally all the quests serve to accomplish is making me mad about not being allowed to do anything

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Babe Magnet posted:

starbound: already hollerin' about the anubis

I'd put something in the title like [Winter Update], just to let people know there's a new update out.

OwlFancier posted:

For me the biggest poo poo is that in terraria, I have multiple choices about where to go, where to explore, or even what to do. I can go build a base, go mining for different types of ore or different items, explore along the surface for useful stuff, or fight a boss, and I can do them in any order.

Not only does starbound not have a big chunk of that, and what it does have doesn't contribute positively to your success like it does in terraria, but I couldn't choose whether I want to do it or not even if it did have it because of the stupid gating.

You do have a ton of options about where to go and explore, you have endless planets to go to... it's just that they're sort of functionally identical. Other than what sprites the trees use. If they could add poo poo to the planets to make them really unique in a way that mattered in a mechanical, gameplay sense, it'd help a lot. They're just scared shitless about doing that, 'cause then you'd be able to easily play through a whole game and never come across content & features that they put a lot of work into building. But that be good. It'd give you a reason to keep playing.

I've come around on their approach to Bosses, though. Using an item and having a boss just pop in and fight it is bullshit lazy game design, it's one step up from using admin command to spawn an enemy. I like that the bosses have a whole level built around them.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 29, 2015

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
Starbound: It goes in the rear end, it goes in the mouth, the whole nine yards

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Make the thread title a joke about quest railroading and Novakids

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Shukaro posted:

literally all the quests serve to accomplish is making me mad about not being allowed to do anything
Serious answer is I think it's supposed to introduce you to basic mechanics of the game.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

XboxPants posted:

I'd put something in the title like [Winter Update], just to let people know there's a new update out.

good idea

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vib Rib posted:

Serious answer is I think it's supposed to introduce you to basic mechanics of the game.

Yeah the beginning quetss are just a super long tutorial, it would be nice if we could just skip them though.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Babe Magnet posted:

you can't tell me what to do, you're not my real dad :twisted:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Starbound: dont buy this what's wrong with you

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Starbound: Buy 10 bad rats instead

Starbound: Winter update is out, its more dicks

SpeedRazor
Feb 5, 2005
Anyone setting up a new server for this update? I miss the old skyrail connected dong planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

oddium posted:

You're an extremely bad poster

I agree with this statement.

• Locked thread