Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I don't think I've ever seen a Super Bowl ad before apart from that "what is up?" one from the 1990s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a Super Bowl ad before apart from that "what is up?" one from the 1990s

that commercial ruined door buzzer intercom coversations for like 3 years

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Budweiser created an american communication culture with a single ad.

think about that.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

over/under on superbowl ads using pop culture terms like bae and on fleek?

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

pagancow posted:

Budweiser created an american communication culture with a single ad.

think about that.

their recent brand message "up for anything" is so generic and corporate and empty it's like they gave up

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've never once drunk a budweiser on purpose and they've probably spent several hundred dollars trying to convince me to do so

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

ads don't work on me so they obv dont work at all :smuggo:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:smuggo: they tried so hard to get me to buy a beer and i resisted :smuggo:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:smuggo::smuggo: i dont even drink beer :smuggo::smuggo:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:branding is a myth becuase i dont have annnnny emotional attachment to the ad they made :smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo: lol if u have emotions :smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo: emotions :smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo: limits on smiliess :smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo::smuggo:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

somehow I got on an old person mailing list and I've been getting medicare part b and prescription plans and life insurance ads for like seven years, probably several thousand dollars worth of direct mail advertising that goes directly into my shredder

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

its way cheaper to do trash delivery than that ask shaggar

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i only drink stone brewing's arrogant bastard. you rice-beer swilling everymen wouldn't understand my sophistication

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was disappointed when I found out how lovely rogue treats their staff because I like dead guy

arrogant bastard should come with a fedora instead of a cap

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

goons with spoons posted:

The best part about hoppy/bitter beers is when a cute tiny hipster girl brought a bomber of Arrogant Bastard to a party not knowing what she was in for. and then upon the first sip made the worst lemon pucker face I've seen in ages. I then said "Oh, Stone's a good brewery!" and she just handed it off to me and went for a PBR. Rare I get to drink nice stuff at a college party, so it was a good night.

lmao

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

pagancow posted:

aww remember how you felt when you lost that dog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsjRRMMg_Q

Budweiser
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/29/7937649/super-bowl-puppies-budweiser-uber-godaddy

Your company is embroiled in scandal, the stock price is down, and public opinion is turning against you. What do you do? If you're Uber, Budweiser, and Go Daddy then the answer is easy: make a Super Bowl ad with a puppy. Hey Martha, did you hear these guys hire rapists… OH MY GOD LOOK HOW CUTE!

This year, Uber joins Animal Planet in support of its annual Super Bowl Sunday #UberPuppyBowl. The company everyone loves to hate but can’t live without will deploy "Team Ruff" and "Team Fluff" to your office in a fleet of black SUVs, whereby snuggle time will make you forget about all the company’s transgressions. Good girl, now go fetch the God View!

Budweiser, meanwhile, is hoping a bit of upbeat fluff will divert attention away from its rice-based recipe, perennial sales declines, and the fact that this gently caress Yeah! America! company is now owned by a company based in Belgium. The new, more sinister #BestBuds ad is a followup to last year's "Puppy Love" that explored the polyamorous relationship between a man, a dog, and a clydesdale. Watch as the hapless villain makes the classic mistake of monologuing well past the point he should have destroyed the pint-sized superhero. Who’s the king of beers, WHO'S THE KING!?

And finally, there’s GoDaddy, always GoDaddy. The company that once professed its love for SOPA and misogyny is now offending animal rights groups with this lampoon of last year's Budweiser ad. GoDaddy pulled the ad after the ASPCA called it inhumane. Get in the box buddy, YOU'RE SO SMART!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
why is pagansow so defensive of advertising

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

idk it's weird

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Jonny 290 posted:

the question isn't why pagancow is so defensive of advertising

the question is why is content so bad that advertising is better?

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

What's the difference anymore

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

dunno where to post this but I gotta post it http://blog.davidoreilly.com/post/109511481773/this-is-mtvs-design-brief-for-a-big-upcoming

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

put pagancow on probation for this thread

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

if he bores us to extremes we might go and watch an ad?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

I've never once drunk a budweiser on purpose and they've probably spent several hundred dollars trying to convince me to do so

that's because they're not advertising to you, they're advertising to alcoholics

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

theflyingexecutive posted:

that's because they're not advertising to you, they're advertising to alcoholics

holey poo poo.

Well the advertising to those who don't drink help to normalize it. in the 30s there use to be a stigma that women shouldn't smoke, and it took a culture changing advertising campaign to turn that around.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

definitely, 10% of the country kills two 30 racks a week and the other 90% enable them

coke is not advertising to you, the reasonably self controlled it professional, they're advertising to the diabetic amputee who still drains a two liter with each meal

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

when will super bowl be on facebook

hint

never

quote:

“I don’t think it matters what that content is,” Sandberg said in response to a question about whether Facebook would be looking to do more deals to add more premium video content, similar to what YouTube has been doing. “We have an NFL test right now but we are already seeing explosive growth without it. We haven’t figured out what the mix needs to be.”

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

pagancow posted:

aww remember how you felt when you lost that dog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsjRRMMg_Q

Budweiser

yes i remember chasing my very fast dog through like 2 neighborhoods, finally catching him and then carrying him home

it didnt make me want any budweiser

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
pagancow works in postproduction for commercials & stuff so of course he's super defensive about ads.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Doc Block posted:

pagancow works in postproduction for commercials & stuff so of course he's super defensive about ads.

lol i dont know if i could live with myself

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

theadder posted:

put pagancow on probation for this thread

he has the only good posts itt and hes making ppl mad which is win

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

emoji posted:

he has the only good posts itt and hes making ppl mad which is win

y'all seem really fixated on how yosposters are mad all the time and whatever