Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

So it's been like 2 years (I'm Cap@SuperOG) is it worth giving this another go? I'm pretty bored with all my other games at the moment.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You'd think they'd give away a level 50 ship since those aren't endgame anymore, give people something to buy an upgrade token for.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Unguided posted:

You'd think they'd give away a level 50 ship since those aren't endgame anymore, give people something to buy an upgrade token for.

why would they do that when they can sell you the ship AND the upgrade token?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Doing the needful.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

But really, engineer and science captains are balanced with tactical captains.

Also if you compare to last year, the number of klingon players actually went down.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Looking at those percentages I am downright shocked any KDF/rom content ever gets made. And 11% both makes legacy of Romulus a dismal failure, and is a good indicator that you really can't listen to the Internet, people went on and on about rom ships and playable Roms and then when it comes out...

11%

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
People wanted a Romulan faction - not Romulans-for-the-existing-factions. Also the numbers are decreased by them being so new and the general population being so incredibly bad at the game they think leveling up a new character to max is hard, so why bother making a level 1 Rom.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Korgan posted:

If you want to easily piss off a lot of people just hang around any area the new lovely omega particle minigame is popping up in, wait for someone to interact with one and then run up and interact it after them. They won't be able to finish their turn and will get zero rewards. They'll then bitch and moan in zone about your queue jumping and how they've been doing this for hours you loving troll etc. Have fun!

Ooo, so there really is a celebration this year :D

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

Unguided posted:

You'd think, right? I'm sure the D'Kyr hasn't exactly been selling well for a while now. Nor the Dyson ships.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Numbers are out of whack because people didn't magically delete 4 years of fed characters when LoR came out, so you'd want to look at the figures for newly created characters after that release.

The STO anniversary was great! It reminded me why I hate playing this game so after loving about with it a while I logged off again, content.

:feelsgood:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
So yeah, it took twenty minutes of loving around and waiting for transwarp cooldowns to get 1/27th of the way to an omega upgrade thing. Gonna pass, gently caress that thing.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Looking at those percentages I am downright shocked any KDF/rom content ever gets made. And 11% both makes legacy of Romulus a dismal failure, and is a good indicator that you really can't listen to the Internet, people went on and on about rom ships and playable Roms and then when it comes out...

11%

Think about how low the KDF numbers are, and then remember most of the KDF demographics are farming alts.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

g0del posted:

I didn't watch the whole thing because I don't hate myself that much, but is the 'trolling' just dentals using disco balls on risa?

Yeah basically, and a guy with the spergiest pubbie voice talking about he's so sick of people hitting on him when he plays his female Caitian. "People hit on me ALLLL the time." Christ. And they also seemed to think that Xtern1ty was another front fleet for Dental, so I guess there is some satisfaction to be taken from that mess.

lotion
Feb 15, 2011

This road leads directly to the airport, Hannibal
I'm going to give this game another go and actually make some effort to figure it out -- I'm in game as Crisco@drfarrakhan. Can I get an invite to the channel?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

DonDoodles posted:

And they also seemed to think that Xtern1ty was another front fleet for Dental, so I guess there is some satisfaction to be taken from that mess.
Well, they're not wrong.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Holy hell the anniversary mission is terrible.

You really can tell nobody at Cryptic actually plays their own game.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Holy hell the anniversary mission is terrible.

You really can tell nobody at Cryptic actually plays their own game.
The daily quest or the actual episode? Yeah, the daily thing is pretty much poo poo, but it's pretty quick to do if you're smart with transwarps and/if Cryptic fixes the massive server lag and the bugs with the minigame.

The actual episode is fine though. The only real problem is the whole thing revolves around the concept of "space zombie Harry Kim is a whiny oval office", even if that's a pretty large problem. :geno:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Me and zoerp ran the zombie Kim mission and then just shot at poor Harry for 5 minutes.

RIP

Also those electric floors were awful.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Timing puzzles plus server lag is not a pleasant combination no.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

It was even better with Harry whining the whole time.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

It's really a shame that after five years Cryptic finally really gets making decent storyline content only to torpedo the game with lovely monetization schemes.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
3.45 AM EST Trip report:

Server stability is still poo poo, even after the emergency maintenance they did tonight. I got disconnected 3 times in less than an hour then said gently caress it after the last one. Things I did or encountered tonight:

Some goons have Mk 14 Gold secondary deflectors already
Pubs will pay 100k on the exchange for a skill book the trainer NPCs sell for 2k
Some of my BOffs have sprouted random skills I don't remember them having (Mine Dispersal Beta 3 on a Jem'Hadar ? WTF?)
Market for some skills is already in full throttle SR-71 went into a nosedive cratering for some powers (saw EPtW 3 for anywhere from 300k to multiple millions)
Got my Intel dude OSS 3
People already have Rank 3 Command skills up for sale, BOff training tokens for Command were 3M and up when I got my last disconnect.

Didn't do any of the new missions or the daily hunt the omega mission though.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

my spacebar macro somehow stopped working and I got too lazy without it so I just stopped playing through the featured mission :effort:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

lotion posted:

I'm going to give this game another go and actually make some effort to figure it out -- I'm in game as Crisco@drfarrakhan. Can I get an invite to the channel?

You're in.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Robbey continues his meltdown in our recruitment thread.

quote:

Look at the video I linked type in Starfleet dental trolling on google and look at all the videos that come up. Explain how you deny what players have put out there about your fleet, in this game and others like star wars Gulild wars Eve shall I go on? Your fleet is a joke and you know it. Explain why you go after people in the game that don't bother you. It's went on for years. what's the matter cat got your tounge? Explain it to me i'm listening why do you harass players then cry mod when your the one in the wrong?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21984781&postcount=13

quote:

here is the other video. I was on that team by the way so I know 1st hand. Dental and it's so called friends shut up welsy and Nerds of Prey are nothing but trolls and scammers. Say what you want Ask anyone in game what they think about Dental and the other fleets. Ask anyone in eve about Goonswarm or In guild wars 2 or Star wars. These stand up guys do the same stuff in the other games they play. They are the lowest of the low. They harras players If they did this in real live it would be a dif story all together.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21990071&postcount=16

This kind of rambling is almost poison ivey-esque, and I'd almost guess that they were one in the same, but Robbey's spelling is much better.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Sweet Allah are some STO players unhinged. When I get home from work, I'll try to remember to post a testimonial to the recruitment thread. The OP on that was a masterpiece.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Cromarty, the marginally literate full blown alcoholic nut bag of ESD delivers in the "I demand a formal apology" thread

cromarty1 posted:

well my account was reprogramed and my boff powers removed so I made a online crime report to the online crime report center here in the states then mad a bug report that thare are no inactive boff powers at all and the ones that my crew have now are not what thay had and an account help request that stuff I have invested time and money in game and want a fix or refund with a warning that the police will be nocking to investagate and if things are not made right thay will come to question both side that's all I need to say about pressure

cromarty1 posted:

growing with sales fraud it will crash when the sales fraud catches up and it will as the holodeck is in the states the companies are in the states and im in the states and my account was reprogramed and boff powes I had deleted no finding them in inactive locations im expected to pay dil and ec to get back what the update took from my account that's stealing and if the agreement says its not and im getting no refund its bumped up to fed level sales fraud

thay should have realized this free to play model makes tutching accounts and reprograming them easily a crime I may not get my money back but justice will be served no legal agreement can bypass criminal justice in the states

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 30, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

Cromarty, the marginally literate full blown alcoholic nut bag of ESD delivers in the "I demand a formal apology" thread

That's a hilarious thread to read. What's puzzling about that guy is he'll spell "done" correctly in one sentence, then spell it "dune" for the next three pages.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

So it's been like 2 years (I'm Cap@SuperOG) is it worth giving this another go? I'm pretty bored with all my other games at the moment.

Flee for your life. PWE has run this poo poo into the ground. I'm getting my Star Trek fix with the Armada 3 mod for Sins these days.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DonDoodles posted:

This kind of rambling is almost poison ivey-esque, and I'd almost guess that they were one in the same, but Robbey's spelling is much better.

Could that be Eric Robby Beckit? I think that was his name. It would make so much sense.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Kesper North posted:

Flee for your life. PWE has run this poo poo into the ground. I'm getting my Star Trek fix with the Armada 3 mod for Sins these days.

This is a fantastic mod and anyone who has Sins 2 should pick it up.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MREBoy posted:

Some of my BOffs have sprouted random skills I don't remember them having (Mine Dispersal Beta 3 on a Jem'Hadar ? WTF?)
For anyone who hasn't figured it out yet (because it kept coming up in chat over and over and over again), some special boffs come with fixed skills when you get them. If you changed those skills to actually useful skills, then yesterday's patch added the fixed skills back to the boff. It also set the original skill as the active one because cryptic is bad at programming. Your skills should still be there, you'll just need to go to the boff's character sheet, select the skill tab and re-enable the skill you want them to use. This makes cromarty's rant up above even funnier.

quote:

People already have Rank 3 Command skills up for sale, BOff training tokens for Command were 3M and up when I got my last disconnect.
I put the first rank 3 command skill books up on the exchange, but I appear to have set the price too high because only a couple of people bit. If anyone actually wants command skills send me a PADD and I'll craft it. I can make boff command training tokens too if you don't like the zombie command boff.

g0del fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 30, 2015

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

Explained it to him. Let's see if he learns.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

UoI posted:

Could that be Eric Robby Beckit? I think that was his name. It would make so much sense.

I think it was Erik Bobby Beckitt...and his @name was dragoons2 or something. I doubt it's him I get along pretty well with Bobby in-game -- he spends lots of time spamming me with all the details of his wedding/honeymoon -- so I don't think he would be this confrontational in a thread created by me. If another goon made the thread, then perhaps. Also: Bobby likes to write in a kind of folksy, good 'ol boy kind of way. I still think Robbey's posts bear similarities to Ivey, as Ivey 1. Believes that ALL goons/SA posters are aligned and working together to ruin the lives of every game player in existence 2. There are little turns of phrase used by Robbey that resemble Ivey's posting. Can't say for sure it's him, mind you.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 30, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

It's time to rebuild the Empire. :britain:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Technical Analysis posted:

This is a fantastic mod and anyone who has Sins 2 should pick it up.

It really is. I like it a lot. (I build more Excelsiors than is probably optimal. :getin:)

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DonDoodles posted:

I think it was Erik Bobby Beckitt...and his @name was dragoons2 or something. I doubt it's him I get along pretty well with Bobby in-game -- he spends lots of time spamming me with all the details of his wedding/honeymoon -- so I don't think he would be this confrontational in a thread created by me. If another goon made the thread, then perhaps. Also: Bobby likes to write in a kind of folksy, good 'ol boy kind of way. I still think Robbey's posts bear similarities to Ivey, as Ivey 1. Believes that ALL goons/SA posters are aligned and working together to ruin the lives of every game player in existence 2. There are little turns of phrase used by Robbey that resemble Ivey's posting. Can't say for sure it's him, mind you.

Ah, right. All these people just blend together nowadays.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Hahaha Askray jumped in the recruitment thread with a pretty good post.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21995501&postcount=13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyanideRush
Apr 14, 2004

Mogomra posted:

:psyduck: the gently caress does that even mean

It's like reverse 'Footloose'

• Locked thread