Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Liar Lyre posted:

Here's another pro tip, buy the level 2 and 3 moves immediately. I had a hell of a time trying to beat the silver only challenge, but as soon as I unlocked Undertaker's Last Ride it was easy as hell.

don't dump money into signature 1 or 2s though, because eventually they'll be made useless. Dump cash into finishers, except for gold DB.
edit: also if you have a gold character that you see yourself using for a long time, then buy the three upgrades on the upper right portion of the character screen. They're super cheap for what they do.

Retromancer fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Retromancer posted:

also if you have a gold character that you see yourself using for a long time, then buy the three upgrades on the upper right portion of the character screen. They're super cheap for what they do.

Are those upgrades permanent? For some reason I thought they only lasted for a few bouts

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

triplexpac posted:

Are those upgrades permanent? For some reason I thought they only lasted for a few bouts

They're permanent. Also, the energy regeneration one is for the energy to fight, not special moves.

I got Cybrock today! I might be able to get 2 more ladders done for another free bronze booster, but I absolutely cannot get another Cybrock for free.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
finally won a Survivor KOTR and my rewards were Miz and Bo Dallas. eat poo poo supercard

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Online battles are available on Android now, but still no Cybrock challenge yet. :(

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Bard Maddox posted:

finally won a Survivor KOTR and my rewards were Miz and Bo Dallas. eat poo poo supercard

I bet those guys would be kind of funny if they were on a tag team together.

EDIT: But yeah those cards suck poo poo.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
All Survivor cards suck until you get a pair, then they're great.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Bo actually does make a pair for me which is nice just in time for the new RTG event.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Liar Lyre posted:

They're permanent. Also, the energy regeneration one is for the energy to fight, not special moves.

Not only are they permanent, they're good for every version of that character. So my bronze Big Show is a stud low level grinder because I dropped money into my gold Big Show.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Feel like the tier list of gold cards in Immortals goes something like this:

1) John Cena - His passive is just way too good.* One of his combos can hit with the force of someone else's signature
2) Daniel Bryan - His basic attack animation is already very fast and crisp before his passive, and said passive brings him into insane stunlock territory. Also, as noted, his second signature seems like it's currently bugged to do more damage than it should
3) Brock Lesnar - Highest base stats in the game, and a pretty great basic attack animation. His passive is pretty weak, unfortunately - it's like Bryan's, but a lot more difficult to proc
4) Roman Reigns - Very fast basic attack that can stunlock very easily. Unfortunately, that's about all he's got going for him, with low base stats and a weak passive
5) Triple H - His passive is very useful for support purposes, and he's got high base damage, but his basic attack animation is one of the clunkier ones
6) Big Show - Useful to tag in if an enemy's got a signature that you need tanked. Other than that, pretty clunky. Might be stronger overall than HHH
7) Trish Stratus - Decent stats and basic attack, but her passive barely feels there a lot of the time
8) Undertaker - Weak passive, very slow and clunky, seems like he's currently bugged to not recognize inputs some of the time

How's that look? It's incredibly anecdotal, but I feel like it's got everyone in at least a vaguely correct place.

* Note that the way it seems to work is that each hit taken can bump up your multiplier by one rank (the ranks are 1x, 2x, 3x, 5x, and 10x), with each rank being unlocked at a certain % threshold of your max HP. So if you've gotten hit with a signature and lost a lot of HP, it's sometimes worth it to take a few basic attacks to get your multiplier up to its current cap. Another fun fact: he does 2x damage on basic attacks until he's hit the first time

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

My gold pulls are Trish, Taker and Bryan so far, so that would be what I'd expect, tier wise.
Are everyone's daily online challenges the same? Today one of mine is 'score 5k reknown with Daniel Bryan, Shaemus &' with the last name cut off. Anyone know what the last name is, or if different rarity versions matter on this? I've tried all-common teams including Kane, Paige and Trish but no luck at getting the counter to move.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

My gold pulls are Trish, Taker and Bryan so far, so that would be what I'd expect, tier wise.
Are everyone's daily online challenges the same? Today one of mine is 'score 5k reknown with Daniel Bryan, Shaemus &' with the last name cut off. Anyone know what the last name is, or if different rarity versions matter on this? I've tried all-common teams including Kane, Paige and Trish but no luck at getting the counter to move.

I've had that one before, it's Big Show.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did they take the Cyborg Lesnar event down early? I was close to finishing it :(

e: and it came back. Weird.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jan 29, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

Weirdly enough my gold pulls are also Trish, Taker and Bryan.

Taker does kinda suck, yeah.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triplexpac posted:

I actually got those three as well. Three Trish though, so she basically destroys for me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I only had one gold pull and it was Trish as well.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My first two gold pulls were both Bog How :smith: he's so slow! But he's a loving wrecking ball once you manage to get shots in

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

triplexpac posted:

On the other hand his attack combo does have him smash a tombstone over an opponent's head.

Does skipping a daily online challenge actually do anything other than remove it from your list, like give you a new challenge to replace it?

I'm trying to work out what to do next. I'm stuck midway through Brock Challenge 3 because my only silver is the free Rock. I'll need a Cena if I'm ever to reach cybrock. I think I'll get a silver Bella once I finish bonus stage 3 with my partially levelled golds (stuck at the one with silver lv 24 Triple H III) but I'll probably need an all-silver team to finish the top levels of Brock Challenge 3. Spending 48k on him is 2/3 of a gold card though so I really don't want to. Also, kinda tempted to buy a common big show just to be able to do the online challenge with him but 11k for a common.

Also kinda puzzled why blocking for you and the AI work differently. If an opponent blocks you, your combo is halted and you have to do your first hit over again, wheras if an opponent starts hitting you and you block they keep going and if you let off they'll just nail you with the rest of the combo like you didn't block at all - especially annoying with the knockdown of the final hits. Is this how it's supposed to go?

Also Also, Supercard's Road to Glory is back, hopefully my RtG deck edging into Survivor+ means I have a shot at :krakken:

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 29, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blasmeister posted:

Does skipping a daily online challenge actually do anything other than remove it from your list, like give you a new challenge to replace it?

Yeah, it gives you a new one, but you can only skip once per day.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, it gives you a new one, but you can only skip once per day.

Ah, thanks. Had I known I'd have been skipping those 'win a main event' ones because I always end up getting a phantom opponent bug before finishing it

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

really the only challenge that seems impossible is the "win without blocking" one. I have no idea how you do that past a certain point when signatures can take off 1/3 of your health or more.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Retromancer posted:

really the only challenge that seems impossible is the "win without blocking" one. I have no idea how you do that past a certain point when signatures can take off 1/3 of your health or more.

I find that one pretty easy with teams of commons + 1 stronger guy. spamming heavy attacks with a fairly fast wrestler and using sigs after 1 punch connects worked for me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Retromancer posted:

I've done this twice. Basically you just want to be aggressive all of the time and yes, getting hit by signatures is gonna suck poo poo, but you need to accept that will happen and either sacrifice a character or throw your meatiest character out when you see an opponent that might use one. It's all mind games and poo poo, but it's not impossible.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Use Bronze Nikki Bella's broken rear end second signature.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Retromancer posted:

I find that the best way to do that is just assemble your weakest team and play a one-match event just to pass the challenge.

I have nothing to add, but god drat that double-team bug is a pain in the rear end. It's bad enough as is, but sometimes it winds up crashing my game when I'm on the fourth or fifth match of a main event. I honestly wonder if the game was play-tested at all (don't know what the process for free-to-play games is), since it seems to happen to everyone at least once per session.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My gold Roman Reigns is a beast. His punches are quick as heck and his second tier signature move usually takes off about 2/3 of my opponent's health. I almost like him better than my Super Cena.

My level 30 gold Taker kinda sucks though. I might start using Trish instead, or level up Lumbershow into a big ol meatshield.

Online is neat, glad they finally switched it on for Android. Still no CyBrock challenge.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

ZDar Fan posted:

I have nothing to add, but god drat that double-team bug is a pain in the rear end. It's bad enough as is, but sometimes it winds up crashing my game when I'm on the fourth or fifth match of a main event. I honestly wonder if the game was play-tested at all (don't know what the process for free-to-play games is), since it seems to happen to everyone at least once per session.

You know if it was a bug that favoured the player, they would have fixed it IMMEDIATELY.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lumbershow is great because it's really easy to predict the AI using a signature, so you just swap him in, block and take virtually no damage, then switch your heavy hitter back in. Repeat as needed.

He's much better in online where for some reason the opponents build meter far, far slower than in single player.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Ugh, hitting a roadblock in the uncommons only health surge battle. AI plays smart and swaps out any guy close to dying and by the time they come back they're back to near full health - and the consistent phantom 2nd wrestler bug really doesn't help me keep my guys alive. Do I need to level up my uncommons to 20 to get finishers unlocked - it seems like I'm never going to be able to kill a wrestler without massive spike damage - and my team is Rock(18)/Cena(11)/Nikki(8), so my best guy doesn't have a damaging level 2

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Blasmeister posted:

Ugh, hitting a roadblock in the uncommons only health surge battle. AI plays smart and swaps out any guy close to dying and by the time they come back they're back to near full health - and the consistent phantom 2nd wrestler bug really doesn't help me keep my guys alive. Do I need to level up my uncommons to 20 to get finishers unlocked - it seems like I'm never going to be able to kill a wrestler without massive spike damage - and my team is Rock(18)/Cena(11)/Nikki(8), so my best guy doesn't have a damaging level 2

I had to get my team up to a way higher level than you to get through that fight.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I just got my gold Lesnar to level 20 and saw his level 3 finisher F5 INTO A VOLCANO

The good things about this game are really good. I'd love to see a fully developed console version, sans double-team glitch.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would be nice to get an actual fighting game version of this even if it would end up bad, because I love seeing wrestlers as big dumb elves.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
MKX is coming to PC, so who knows? Maybe somebody can mod it so that we can see Daniel Bryan chop a dude's face off.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The Rock has lightning-based abilities because he's the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. Does Brock have magma-based abilities because of Paul Heyman's ridiculous volcano promo?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He has magma based abilities because in every image he looks like he's taking a volcanic poo poo.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So I have gold versions of Cena, Bryan, and Lesnar, who as far as I can tell are the three strongest characters currently in the game. Should I keep buying 75k gold packs, or focus on getting them direct Legendaries now?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Jonny Angel posted:

So I have gold versions of Cena, Bryan, and Lesnar, who as far as I can tell are the three strongest characters currently in the game. Should I keep buying 75k gold packs, or focus on getting them direct Legendaries now?

I've been buying the one 75k pack per day and saving whatever else I get from the day to bank towards missing Golds (I still need Cena/HHH.) You'll eventually want all 8 golds for future challenges and to have an 8 gold team rotation for maximum coin farming. No reason not to take a ~60%+ discount on a random Gold every day if you're farming at least that much.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yeah, you definitely want to just farm the 75k packs. It's random but so much cheaper. The hitch is challenge cards (currently only CyBrock) can only be bought directly, not in packs.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Beef Waifu posted:

He has magma based abilities because in every image he looks like he's taking a volcanic poo poo.

No he doesn....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

The Supercard matchmaker just messed with me. I'm in RTG currently shooting for the Ultra Rare Flair, and I went from a match where my opponent's best cards were some solo untrained UR's and Epics to a match where my opponent had all Legendary/Survivor/RTG pros. It was my last bout for now, so I have yet to see if that's a glitch (as I suspect) or if I'm not getting past the Ultra Rare tier this time.