Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Snooki earned my undying respect that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
PSP: Insane Clown Posse Appreciation Station

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

NickRoweFillea posted:

PSP: Insane Clown Posse Appreciation Station

They're from like 6 blocks or whatever from where I live so whether I love or hate ICP, I have to respect them.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shima Honnou posted:

They're from like 6 blocks or whatever from where I live so whether I love or hate ICP, I have to respect them.

If there's one thing I've learned from WWE, it's that whether I love someone or hate them, I absolutely at all times must respect them.

Except for goat-faced B+ midgets who are only catchphrase over, and people with funny accents like the Swiss. gently caress them.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

StarkRavingMad posted:

If there's one thing I've learned from WWE, it's that whether I love someone or hate them, I absolutely at all times must respect them.

Except for goat-faced B+ midgets who are only catchphrase over, and people with funny accents like the Swiss. gently caress them.

Good and correct ideas, my man :hfive:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Speaking of the Network in Canada, they're airing a 'freeview' of the WWE Network (or Rogers' version anyway) on the channel that plays Raw and Smackdown, and they're apparently doing one of the episodes of the Monday Night Wars...I sometimes wonder if when Vince dies, we'll finally get the REAL stories of events, instead of whitewashed versions where the WWE NEVER looks TRULY bad. It's just JARRING if you have some idea of actual events, and Vince doesn't seem to realize that the people who will REALLY remember these things are the ones who think they look worse by slanting everything in their favor.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 30, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Cornwind Evil posted:

Speaking of the Network in Canada, they're airing a 'freeview' of the WWE Network (or Rogers' version anyway) on the channel that plays Raw and Smackdown...I sometimes wonder if when Vince dies, we'll finally get the REAL stories of events, instead of whitewashed versions where the WWE NEVER looks TRULY bad. It's just JARRING if you have some idea of actual events, and Vince doesn't seem to realize that the people who will REALLY remember these things are the ones who think they look worse by slanting everything in their favor.

vince doesn't think he's whitewashing anything

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

As someone who does not have cable and it away from computers (on a smart phone), could some post a recap of Smackdown after it is over. I would greatly appreciate it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fat Lowtax posted:

Would Hola work to get the network in the Disputed Territories? It's super easy to use

Hola worked perfectly when I used it in Australia before the rollout here. Go nuts.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Spermgod posted:

vince doesn't think he's whitewashing anything

Based on how enamored the company is with the DX Nation sketch, he'd probably prefer if WWE blacked it up a bit

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Edit wrong thread

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Eh oops

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I really like the Brass Ring Club (I will call them that forever now, I can't believe they got away with wearing that shirt on camera). Rose's new Hollywood Hogan/ Party Satan getup and Tyson's flashy new tights and gloves add a lot of flair to their presentation, and having Natalya and the Rosebuds as an entourage makes them seem like a big deal. They make Cesaro look huge in comparison, which gives him a certain mystique and presence. He's like a gang boss, he's got flashy sub-bosses but he's clearly above them, just this huge, ripped, silent killer.

I actually hope Natty turns heel now and becomes an official part of the group since she's been screwed out of the Diva's title picture for so long.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's weird watching WWE from a few years back, where Tyson's gimmick is literally "trained by the Hart family" contrasted now with "fact-dropping Beats-wearing cat enthusiast who parties with a Jonestown cult raver and a Swiss strongman".

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hope so badly that the "controversy" on Monday is going to be Curtis Axel related.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

As someone who does not have cable and it away from computers (on a smart phone), could some post a recap of Smackdown after it is over. I would greatly appreciate it.

Roman Reigns got booed out of the opening promo, Tyson Kidd won 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring, Miz got clowned by a literal magician, and Daniel Bryan had a *** Casket Match

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I hope so badly that the "controversy" on Monday is going to be Curtis Axel related.
I'm guessing it's going to be a Reigns vs Axel squash.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Everblight posted:

Roman Reigns got booed out of the opening promo, Tyson Kidd won 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring, Miz got clowned by a literal magician, and Daniel Bryan had a *** Casket Match

Tyson winning totally clean was a big surprise.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

kidcoelacanth posted:

Vince continues his Andrew Ryan comparisons by revealing he controls Roman Reigns.

"Roman you will destroy Ziggler's push, do you Believe That?"

Roman seriously needs to lose the Superman Punch. It's honestly the stupidest looking move and it's near impossible to not make it look like garbage. Also why on earth is he still feuding with Big Show.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 30, 2015

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Everblight posted:

Daniel Bryan had a *** Casket Match

you don't have to censor out "gay" to use it as an insult here tbh

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is it worth watching any of it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

HHH opened the show, talked about controversy and balls, said he would have an announcement about the Rumble controversy on Monday.
Roman Reigns came down and said there was no controversy, he won and that was that.
Roman Reigns beat Big Show in a match.
Seth Rollins claimed he was the best, Ryback Rowan and Ziggler tried to jump him but thanks to J&J he beat up the first two and escaped the last.
Tyson Kidd beat an Uso.
Rusev - Russian superman - mocked Cena for being "yesterday's man" and a loser. Cena wanted to fight tonight but Lana said no. Cena made a lot of sexually themed puns.
Paige got attacked backstage by the Bellas over Paige's upcoming title match at Fast Lane.
The Ascension beat the Dust Brothers, Goldust was upset.
Miz got humiliated in a backstage magician segment.
Daniel Bryan beat Kane clean as can be in a Casket Match and ended the show standing on the casket doing the YES! chant. Cole alluded to the fact the fans wanted him to win the Rumble and suggested this might play a part in Triple H's statement on Monday.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

AlmightyPants posted:

Is it worth watching any of it?

Watch the Miz/Mizdow/a random magician bit and pay special attention to R-Truth, it's a special kind of magical (apart from what the magician is doing)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sanguinia posted:

I actually hope Natty turns heel now and becomes an official part of the group since she's been screwed out of the Diva's title picture for so long.
Actually, you'll notice her alignment is "Total Diva."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Oh my god.

they're going to turn D-Bry heel and side him with the Authority.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I want Caesaro's gimmick to just be being HP Baxxter. "Party Douchebags" is a pretty great idea for a low card heel stable TBH.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Onmi posted:

Oh my god.

they're going to turn the Authority and them side with DBry.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So Seth Rollins is now a made man and that's super cool. Can we finally get him better music than Generic Butt Rock #318?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Onmi posted:

Oh my god.

I kinda hope they do. Bryan's probably sick of that beard, hippie or no.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Benne posted:

So Seth Rollins is now a made man and that's super cool. Can we finally get him better music than Generic Butt Rock #318?

If they haven't changed Cesaro's abortion of a theme then they won't change Seth's.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It is weird that WWE keeps putting over that everyone likes Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, and Daniel Bryan more than Roman Reigns and that the fans wanted them to win more than Roman. I only assume WWE is going to make Roman beat those three to earn his Mania match. Maybe at once at Fastlane.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

They're giving us hope so we'll keep watching and expecting the day when Ambrose/Ziggler/Bryan will be main eventers and get title shots and such.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

You know, Rollin's theme has grown on me. It's really just that first then seconds, the stinger is terrible. Everything after that is solid Wrestler Entrance stuff, good beat, easily recognizable, gives you an impression of his personality, etc. If it was a little less "busy," in terms of it's pace and the number of sounds getting cranked out every stanza I think it'd be very reminiscent of Austin or Lesnar's themes. At the very least it doesn't have the repetitive problem that Ambrose does, it has three distinct sections.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Onmi posted:

Oh my god.

Bryan joining the Authority would just make the Authority faces. For precedent, see the Wyatt Family.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Benne posted:

I think it fits him as a heel. It's very detestable without sounding completely terrible like cesaros theme.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I really don't get the hate for that song. seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sounds like a decent Smackdown. I keep forgetting it's on Thursdays now.

I'm gonna have to set a notification on my phone to remind me with Dean Ambrose saying "we will see on you Thursday, yes?"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sanguinia posted:

You know, Rollin's theme has grown on me. It's really just that first then seconds, the stinger is terrible. Everything after that is solid Wrestler Entrance stuff, good beat, easily recognizable, gives you an impression of his personality, etc. If it was a little less "busy," in terms of it's pace and the number of sounds getting cranked out every stanza I think it'd be very reminiscent of Austin or Lesnar's themes. At the very least it doesn't have the repetitive problem that Ambrose does, it has three distinct sections.

I like the stinger. It's loud and in your face and makes you instinctively want to boo, like Seth. I miss Ambrose's older theme, where it slowed down after the opening bit.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Seth's music is great because it is just distinct enough for you to know he's coming out but just generic enough to let you focus on everything else. Also, it will work for him as a fiery face just as well as it does for him as a whiny heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
By the time we get to Wrestlemania they'll have rehired Paul London and paired him with Daniel Bryan to feud with the Ascension.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSh2s_lmthI

Join the pod, or the swarm. Join both.

• Locked thread