Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The way Aurelia drives vehicles compared to other characters is great. They really went all out on making her be the most posh motherfucker on Elpis. She's really the perfect character I was hoping for as someone who is a) a fan of sniping and b) completely unable to enjoy the plot or characters of this game (she doesn't either).

edit: lol, I found a cryo Vladof sniper rifle and have respecced into a middle tree/left tree build and this thing is just plain unfair to my enemies. :getin:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

CJacobs posted:

They really went all out on making her be the most posh motherfucker on Elpis. She's really the perfect character I was hoping for as someone who is a) a fan of sniping and b) completely unable to enjoy the plot or characters of this game (she doesn't either).

Unfortunately, there are some gaps in the dialog when a NPC makes a character specific response in which case they seem to have a generic Vault Hunter response. Examples include when you're first introducing yourself to Jack and Janey Springs, some of Spring's dialog during the Deadlift mission, or after beating Napykin's time. (Only just started the Drakensburg mission.) After the little touches they did with Jack's Body Double such as Jack getting distracted over how hot the body double looks or Napykin calling him an unrealistically handsome man, the generic responses for Aurelia feel jarring. I guess they couldn't get everyone back to record some new dialog? :shrug:

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
She's a fun character to play, but on my third play through I really just wish I could skip all the bullshit dialogue that slows the game to a crawl.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

High Lord Elbow posted:

She's a fun character to play, but on my third play through I really just wish I could skip all the bullshit dialogue that slows the game to a crawl.

Its always fun to sit at the moonshot cannon doing nothing for 2 minutes

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Dyz posted:

Its always fun to sit at the moonshot cannon doing nothing for 2 minutes

I wish there was a button that unlocked after beating "normal" mode that, when pressed, would cause the player to squat down and force a turd out of their butt. Like, you mash the button and watch as Wilhelm drops down in a muscular, gravity-defying squat; he clenches his square jaw and lets loose low, robotic noises. The animation persists for 15-20 seconds before a turd--black as obsidian and sprinkled with various circuitry--rockets out of his rear end and through his pants, cratering in the ground directly beneath his mechanical tree-trunk legs.

Then there would be Nisha. "Yeeeeeeeeeeehaw!" she calls out as her hips undulate upon an imaginary bucking bull. Ride 'em cowboy! At the last conceivable moment, she flops back and launches a viscous turd straight into the air; not a moment later she blasts it from the sky with a quickdraw pistol shot, busting it up bigtime.

Clap-Trap would probably dubstep or something until a hatch opened up and a smaller version of himself crumbled to the ground, frail and weeping. He would crush its head with a rock until it was nothing but dead, and hide his secret shame (until the next time the button was pressed).

Anyway, that would be a pretty amusing way to pass the time if the game insists on making you stand around and experience exposition you've already seen a dozen times.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cream-of-Plenty are you okay

edit: Agreed regardless

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
After playing a bit more I have determined that BL2 got away with its writing due to the solidness of the gameplay but TPS does not have that luxury

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

CJacobs posted:

edit: Agreed regardless

I feel like this is the best thing I've thought of in my entire life.

QUICK EDIT: An NVidia PhysX-enabled persistent turd-creation engine.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Dude, that poo poo would never happen. That kind of humor is waaay too dry and subtle for this series since 2.

agreed, tho

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 30, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Father Wendigo posted:

Dude, that poo poo would never happen. That kind of humor is waaay too dry and subtle for this series since 2.

agreed, tho

:haw:

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I wish there was a button that unlocked after beating "normal" mode that, when pressed, would cause the player to squat down and force a turd out of their butt. Like, you mash the button and watch as Wilhelm drops down in a muscular, gravity-defying squat; he clenches his square jaw and lets loose low, robotic noises. The animation persists for 15-20 seconds before a turd--black as obsidian and sprinkled with various circuitry--rockets out of his rear end and through his pants, cratering in the ground directly beneath his mechanical tree-trunk legs.

Then there would be Nisha. "Yeeeeeeeeeeehaw!" she calls out as her hips undulate upon an imaginary bucking bull. Ride 'em cowboy! At the last conceivable moment, she flops back and launches a viscous turd straight into the air; not a moment later she blasts it from the sky with a quickdraw pistol shot, busting it up bigtime.

Clap-Trap would probably dubstep or something until a hatch opened up and a smaller version of himself crumbled to the ground, frail and weeping. He would crush its head with a rock until it was nothing but dead, and hide his secret shame (until the next time the button was pressed).

Anyway, that would be a pretty amusing way to pass the time if the game insists on making you stand around and experience exposition you've already seen a dozen times.

This is excellent!

Guessing you'd have Athena doing some kind of power build on her shield then catching it with butt unleashing a melee fueled turdpocalypse?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Agree, except make it a farting or a :jerkbag: animation.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CJacobs posted:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: a turd--black as obsidian and sprinkled with various circuitry

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

That's the way to really make Borderlands a true next gen experience.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

signalnoise posted:

After playing a bit more I have determined that BL2 got away with its writing due to the solidness of the gameplay but TPS does not have that luxury

Yeah pretty much. Borderlands 2 had a much more polished design that was obviously geared towards Keeling the player moving even during its too long tutorial section. Backtracking was also nowhere near as bad with much better designed levels.

TPS has too many zones you constantly have to pass through and the in game "cutscenes" often just seem to run on too long.

Edit: actually that applies to quest dialogue a lot too. There's a few quests where you could easily finish the objectives before the quest giver stops talking, IF the game let you.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I didn't mind any of the level designs until I hit Eleseer. That level's a loving mess (go all the way around, then all the way back! Figure it out yourself!) and it's full of those Opha dicks that continually respawn hard to hit shield regenerators. Not only are they no fun to fight, they loving never just quit spawning already.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Pope Guilty posted:

I didn't mind any of the level designs until I hit Eleseer. That level's a loving mess (go all the way around, then all the way back! Figure it out yourself!) and it's full of those Opha dicks that continually respawn hard to hit shield regenerators. Not only are they no fun to fight, they loving never just quit spawning already.

Agreed. I get what they were going for with making the giant eridium crystal be the centerpiece of the whole level but man they handled it in the dumbest way. You went all the way around, congrats! Now you can spontaneously go to the second level for no reason!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
So Burch is not writing BL3 because... he's leaving gearbox to write a new Freddy Wong production.

https://mobile.twitter.com/reverendanthony/status/561165708139446273

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

You can just barely get to the top platform if you double jump from one of those weird pillars on the outer ring (angle the camera 45 degrees when you boost).

Personally i like this area, but probably becuase i use loot tables and theres more than half a dozen chests in a relatively small area.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Dyz posted:

You can just barely get to the top platform if you double jump from one of those weird pillars on the outer ring (angle the camera 45 degrees when you boost).

Personally i like this area, but probably becuase i use loot tables and theres more than half a dozen chests in a relatively small area.

I tried that, but I hit an invisible wall, spat out some obscenities, and just looked up where I was supposed to go.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

I tried that, but I hit an invisible wall, spat out some obscenities, and just looked up where I was supposed to go.

Did you get thrown away from the center really fast when it happened? The edges of the center platform kind of push you away if you hit them.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Dyz posted:

Did you get thrown away from the center really fast when it happened? The edges of the center platform kind of push you away if you hit them.

No, I cleared it by at least a few feet, but I just stopped when I got to where I should've been on the upper ring and just fell down like when you miss a jump.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rinkles posted:

So Burch is not writing BL3 because... he's leaving gearbox to write a new Freddy Wong production.

Y'know, sometimes life throws you a bone when you're having a bad day and you feel a little better. I hope Burch has fun writing for Freddie W's show and I hope Freddie forgives him when it turns out to be schlock. Maybe Borderlands The MMO won't be so bad after all. :unsmith:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Rinkles posted:

All I see on Freddy Wong is he made Video Games High School and the character 'Games Dean,' a suave, overweight, and fedora wearing FPS playing ladies man.

It's like they were made for each other.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Did anyone notice you can moon grind purples now for guaranteed legendary weapons (but they can't be purples from keys because the world is injust)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Has the 360 version of this been updated to fix the grinder thing crashing the game if you fill it with purples? Got a roommate who wants to update his game.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

hup posted:

Did anyone notice you can moon grind purples now for guaranteed legendary weapons (but they can't be purples from keys because the world is injust)

It's guaranteed now? I haven't tried since the patch (mostly cause of the crash bug), but before this patch it only ever gave me purples :(

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Rinkles posted:

Thank god. I don't really have anything else to say other than there's no way that he wasn't pushed out over his twitter loving insanity though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Haruharuharuko posted:

Thank god. I don't really have anything else to say other than there's no way that he wasn't pushed out over his twitter loving insanity though.

What sort of insanity?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

At least he's honest about his modicum of success in the non-video game writing world

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Pope Guilty posted:

What sort of insanity?

Bitching about men, bitching about the lack of sex, bitching about his wife, bitching about white guys, bitching about otherkin being the same as gays, etc etc etc. There's a ton of stuff he's posted online which makes you wonder how the hell any company tolerated his attachment to them.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

:wtc:

I know that Burch isn't the most well liked but aren't you projecting a little too hard? You also fail to realized that the CEO of Gearbox is Randy Pitchford who I don't think wold fire someone for Twitter outbursts. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

watho posted:

:wtc:

I know that Burch isn't the most well liked but aren't you projecting a little too hard?

Burch is pretty much the tumblr stereotype personified. I could dig through a ton of his other crap but if you think repeating what the dude has actually said is projecting then welp.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Anthony Burch is a bad PR magnet because of the ~controversial*~ things he says and I am maybe 5% certain Gearbox is glad to be rid of him.

*Controversial here meaning not really all that bad or even wrong, but phrased in a dumb instigating way for no reason. That's what he does. That's how he talks to people outside of his profession. He's just a self-righteous dick even if the stuff he is self-righteous about is of real importance.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Finally managed to get into this game, and holy moly, so many Aussie references. Didn't realise they'd go so apeshit with it.

e: I realise that's ^ probably already been mentioned, but OH SO MANY :negative:

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 1, 2015

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Haruharuharuko posted:

No chance. I know PR agents that didn't get fired over doing far worse on twitter.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Aaargh. The scene with Gladstone at the bot factory takes so long that I lost all 100 stacks of Avalanche before he opened the door.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah I hate that part. As soon as I walk into the room ingame I have basically already stood up in real life to go make a snack. :geno:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oh my god, doing Hammerlock's quest as Aurelia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:
FREDDIE WONG POSTING HERE
:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:

CJacobs posted:

Y'know, sometimes life throws you a bone when you're having a bad day and you feel a little better. I hope Burch has fun writing for Freddie W's show and I hope Freddie forgives him when it turns out to be schlock. Maybe Borderlands The MMO won't be so bad after all. :unsmith:

We're gonna have tons of fun - don't worry one bit!

• Locked thread