Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I feel bad for Kakyoin. He goes through all kinds of terrible poo poo from the moment Stardust Crusaders starts all the way to the DIO fight. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I feel bad for Kakyoin. He goes through all kinds of terrible poo poo from the moment Stardust Crusaders starts all the way to the DIO fight. :smith:

It's karma for being weird and feeding that evil baby it's own poo poo. Like, what the gently caress man.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Butt Ghost posted:

Kindest JoJo™
Josuke never kills anyone. He traps them in rocks, in books, in telephone towers. But Josuke will never end a human life. He has principles.

Also gently caress that baby. Kakyoin did nothing wrong.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Rohan is totally best friends with Koichi though.

Koichi is also friends with a girl who tried to kill him so I'm not sure if Koichi has the best taste in friends.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 30, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Josuke never kills anyone. He traps them in rocks, in books, in telephone towers. But Josuke will never end a human life. He has principles.

Also gently caress that baby. Kakyoin did nothing wrong.

He killed ghost dad

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Kakyoin's existence is wrong that guy is a weirdo to the max.

Josuke on the other hand is a huge douche with stupid hair. Rock prison is super hosed.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Lumberjack Bonanza did nothing wrong

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Million Ghosts posted:

Josuke on the other hand is a huge douche with stupid hair.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Stick me in a rock see if I give a gently caress! Giorno's donut hair is way better/worse.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

He killed ghost dad
Ghost Dad died years ago and had his soul trapped in a photo. Josuke showed him mercy :colbert:

Million Ghosts posted:

Kakyoin's existence is wrong that guy is a weirdo to the max.

Josuke on the other hand is a huge douche with stupid hair. Rock prison is super hosed.

e: drat beaten.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Million Ghosts posted:

Stick me in a rock see if I give a gently caress! Giorno's donut hair is way better/worse.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I still think that the SBR universe is the messed-up reset of the original universe. Not because there's any evidence of it that belongs outside conspiracy theories (look at the family tree! It mirrors the original up until Holly marries someone else, because Jolyne and Jotaro don't exist in this world!), but because it's a cool way to tie the stories together.

I only mention this because I see people bringing up that they're two completely separate stories as justifications for why the rules are different, but they may not be completely separate. Also this is Araki we're talking about and he doesn't need anything as flimsy as "reasons" to retcon his story.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The SBR->Jojolion universe is not the reset universe until Araki decides it would be cool if it were.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Part 4 continues to be magical. Josuke found an alien, used him to cheat at dice and got away with it because everyone was so focused on the game that they didn't notice a housefire three feet from them. It had nothing to do with nothing, not even in a "Dio sends his assassins" way but I don't mind because it was the best goddamn thing. :allears:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kabanaw posted:

I still think that the SBR universe is the messed-up reset of the original universe. Not because there's any evidence of it that belongs outside conspiracy theories (look at the family tree! It mirrors the original up until Holly marries someone else, because Jolyne and Jotaro don't exist in this world!), but because it's a cool way to tie the stories together.

I only mention this because I see people bringing up that they're two completely separate stories as justifications for why the rules are different, but they may not be completely separate. Also this is Araki we're talking about and he doesn't need anything as flimsy as "reasons" to retcon his story.

It would be more interesting if he took the idea from the Jorge Joestar novel about it being the first universe and just ran with it.

Or if parts 1-6 were all in different iterations of the universe under Made in Heaven and that's why fate exists. Then in SBR and JJL, there is no FATE anymore. Yeah, that would be a bomb-rear end fanfiction.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

drat.

(why is ASB Crazy Diamond's color scheme silver on pink rather than it's way better blue on pink)

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I feel so special :allears: And most of the ASB colour choices are weird to me.

e: Everything about Josuke's and Rohan's interactions are great, but the chinchirorin with Mikitaka is especially amazing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Million Ghosts posted:

I feel so special :allears:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

the... the ownage...

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Rohan is totally best friends with Koichi though.

Abusive, controlling friends aren't friends :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pomp posted:

Abusive, controlling friends aren't friends :colbert:

Sure, but Rohan thinks they're friends and enjoys hanging out with him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The latest pages have re-inforced Crazy D as my favourite Stand and Josuke as my favourite JoJo.
You guys are gureato :allears:

e:

Spoilers for Gappy's other half.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 30, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm past the jailbreak in Stone Ocean and now Disney characters are coming to life.

This loving comic.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Previews!

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/28.html

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Reading Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan on rec of this thread.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aww, look at Avdol giving Iggy a hug.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fucknag posted:

I'm past the jailbreak in Stone Ocean and now Disney characters are coming to life.

This loving comic.

Still not the craziest stand power in Stone Ocean.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

The latest pages have re-inforced Crazy D as my favourite Stand and Josuke as my favourite JoJo.

e:

I would like Josuke to give me the crazy D.

Million Ghosts posted:

Reading Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan on rec of this thread.

You have embarked on a noble undertaking, my friend. It's really great.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/30/can-try-jojos-bizarre-adventure-stardust-shooters-right-now/

I'm not quite sure Siliconera proof-read this one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Must be the work of an enemy stand.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

They deserved it. Josuke's kindness was all for nothing. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lots of Iggy filler this week apparently, and it doesn't end with the cliff hanger you'd assume it would have done.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Lol at Jotaro reading a Marine Life magazine with the only legible word being SEA. That's gotta be a David addition.

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 30, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it wasn't legible in the manga.
These little nods to the future parts are great.

The episode as a whole was kinda weak though. A lot of padding.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yeah the good stuff is going to be next week. Jojo stories have an unequal length so it's hard to get it down perfectly. I think the Anubis story could have been done in one episode and a half, but that's really possible.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Aurain posted:

e:

No wonder everyone in-universe finds Dio's sexy.

That being said, why is The World wearing a scuba tank? :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The World always had it, it's a lot bigger there than it usually is.

"Holy Diver... you've been down too long in the midnight sea."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think we'll see a lot more of Iggy in the anime, he'll probably the filler character to pad two parters.

• Locked thread