Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Its an ongoing as its replacing Wolverine and the X-men.

Someone in the X-Men office really liked that arc from Avengers Academy where Peter was a guest teacher, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Speaking of cancer, does anyone have the panels from 'The Death of Captain Marvel' where Reed Richards and some other guys cure cancer, and then they're all like 'why didn't we do this sooner'?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought it was an ongoing in that it's like a team-up book so a few issues down the line it will be "someone else and the X-Men"

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Hakkesshu posted:

I thought it was an ongoing in that it's like a team-up book so a few issues down the line it will be "someone else and the X-Men"

Nope, it's just about how Spider-Man is trying to find out which of the X-Kids is a traitor working for a bunch of Super Villains. Also comedy happens too.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

FredMSloniker posted:

Speaking of cancer, does anyone have the panels from 'The Death of Captain Marvel' where Reed Richards and some other guys cure cancer, and then they're all like 'why didn't we do this sooner'?

Isn't there a Superman panel somewhere where Lex Luthor is in jail and pretty much goes "Yeah I can't really plot Superman's downfall very well from in here, and I got bored, so I cured cancer."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Spider-man 2099 #8

Mysterio being the first to gently caress off when things get rough always makes me giggle.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Archenteron posted:

Isn't there a Superman panel somewhere where Lex Luthor is in jail and pretty much goes "Yeah I can't really plot Superman's downfall very well from in here, and I got bored, so I cured cancer."

I think there's also a scene somewhere (maybe one of the animated films) in which one of Luthor's labs discovers the cure for cancer (while Superman is in the Fortress of Solitude trying and failing to do the same thing), and he immediately orders them to work out how to turn it into a series of lifetime treatments to maximise its profitability.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

I think there's also a scene somewhere (maybe one of the animated films) in which one of Luthor's labs discovers the cure for cancer (while Superman is in the Fortress of Solitude trying and failing to do the same thing), and he immediately orders them to work out how to turn it into a series of lifetime treatments to maximise its profitability.

This just reminds me of the sad/hilarious scene from Teen Titans where Speedy asks the group to see if Luthor has a cure for HIV/AIDS.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Metal Loaf posted:

And then people will turn it into a "Lone Gunman" moment when the first 'cure' for cancer is exactly that. Rogaine for tumors.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

bobkatt013 posted:

Is it good or just kind of meh.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FredMSloniker posted:

That's nothing.

Black Panther #03, by Reginald Hudlin.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Hollismason posted:

Is it good or just kind of meh.

Some funny stuff in it, but it's pretty weird how hostile everyone is acting with Spidey (up to and including trying to get him killed/kill him).

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Metal Loaf posted:

You're probably thinking of the All-Star Superman cartoon where Lex successfully kills Superman but has an earth-shattering epiphany at the moment of triumph that turns him good. Although I may be confusing that for "Lex finds a way for Lois to have Superman's baby."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Defenders #89

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jan 30, 2015

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

You're probably thinking of the All-Star Superman cartoon where Lex successfully kills Superman but has an earth-shattering epiphany at the moment of triumph that turns him good. Although I may be confusing that for "Lex finds a way for Lois to have Superman's baby."

It's in Superman: Doomsday, near the beginning. Your basic incredibly hamfisted demonstration of how good Superman is in comparison to Luthor's (figurative) mustache-twirling malevolence.

This is just making me imagine of Luthor with a Snidely Whiplash mustache and holy poo poo I want that to be real right now.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Majuju posted:

Elliott Kalan is amazing

Wait, this is the book the Floptacular One got hired to write? drat, I've got some catching up to do.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Decius posted:

Some funny stuff in it, but it's pretty weird how hostile everyone is acting with Spidey (up to and including trying to get him killed/kill him).

The X-Men are assholes, what else is there to it?

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Of course cancer is cured in the MU but only regular cancer. Not the kind that is caused by Negative Zone radiation or by demons.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Sex Criminals #10

I've stayed in a few places like that.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Ooh, free wifi!

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Say Nothing posted:

Defenders #89

Why is that rabbit holding a box of poo poo?

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Atmus posted:

Why is that rabbit holding a box of poo poo?

You'd prefer he just left it on the floor?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Wait, this is the book the Floptacular One got hired to write? drat, I've got some catching up to do.

With any luck, Marvel will give him $400,000 for the rights to Rocket Crocodile & The World of Tomorrow

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

KayTee posted:

Kind of. Or just in a normal plastic bag or something. The effort put into designing and labeling that box of poo poo swings it away from 'Helpful' into 'fetlife'.

No sir, I don't like it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lois Lane #111

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Evil Mastermind posted:

Lois Lane #111

Little known fact: the Daily Planet's water cooler was laced with LSD for most of the silver age.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Ooh, free wifi!

No...free "W1F1," which will likely be the strain of virus you'll get by staying there.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

No...free "W1F1," which will likely be the strain of virus you'll get by staying there.

Oh. :(

Still, "free"... :shrug:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

KayTee posted:

Well he IS an animal.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Rabbits routinely eat their own droppings to make another pass at absorbing the nutrients. This is perfectly canon.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Strontosaurus posted:

Rabbits routinely eat their own droppings to make another pass at absorbing the nutrients. This is perfectly canon.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. :v:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

That's nothing.

Black Panther #03, by Reginald Hudlin.

The funny thing was that that "make a weapon from it" bit was exactly what Norman Osborn did during Dark Reign (specifically using the cancer cure to try to kill Deadpool).

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Yvonmukluk posted:

Little known fact: the Daily Planet's water cooler was laced with LSD for most of the silver age.

I think this was basically how Morrison explained Silver Age Batman.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I think this was basically how Morrison explained Silver Age Batman.

Doctor Hurt was awesome.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Angry Walrus posted:

The X-Men are assholes, what else is there to it?

They still remember when Spidey totally clowned them in the original Secret Wars, fair is fair.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Majuju posted:

With any luck, Marvel will give him $400,000 for the rights to Rocket Crocodile & The World of Tomorrow

Please, like any of the Original Peaches would settle for anything less than 700,000 dollars.

bobkatt013 posted:

Doctor Hurt was awesome.

Thank you.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Please, like any of the Original Peaches would settle for anything less than 700,000 dollars.

He takes the loss because they let him play time-travelling Abe Lincoln in the movie.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Majuju posted:

He takes the loss because they let him play time-travelling Abe Lincoln in the movie.

Is Time-Traveling Abe Lincoln also the clothing bandit, or would that be played by pervazoid number one?

funny panel tax. Hawkeye is very good at keeping casual (Hawkeye #2)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Found this in a CBR thread. Don't know the source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.J. Sefton
Jun 30, 2005
The Tower Of Power, Too Sweet To Be Sour

The MSJ posted:

Found this in a CBR thread. Don't know the source.

http://www.aquamanshrine.net/2009/11/more-fun-comics-85-nov-1942.html