Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Also means that people don't need to get repetitive stress injuries by doing the same thing over and over again 12 hours a day, but that's incidental you know

RSI like carpel tunnel from cj ing all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

so, as you guys may or may not have been aware, uber has been doing a guaranteed rate kinda deal if you met really stringent driving requirements, but a lot of uberers were pissed cause they were being shortchanged on their guaranteed wages.

it turns out there's a few extra stipulations:

if you work within an hour, the hour is only counted if you worked 50 minutes or more in that hour. otherwise you lose that hour entirely

if you have a guaranteed rate of lets say $20/hr, uber still takes a 20% cut of that rate, so the guaranteed rate per hour is actually $16/hr even though $20/hr is advertised

edit: oh, and the 1099s uber is giving drivers are riddled with errors, sometimes shorting drivers $200-300. that's gotta be some kind of illegal right?

Condiv fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 30, 2015

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

loving up 1099s/w-2s is common enough that there's a lot of irs pages on the subject

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

hobbesmaster posted:

loving up 1099s/w-2s is common enough that there's a lot of irs pages on the subject

there's also a whole hell of a lot of automated auditing in the IRS systems to catch it too.

wish the IRS could just send a bill/check to everyone without the dog and pony show off filling but tax prep companies lobby against it and certain segments of the political system want to ensure taxes are as painful as possible.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

oh, uber apparently takes a $1 safe driver fee out of your hourly guaranteed fare before they even take the 20% they're owed, so they actually take nearly 25% off a $20/hr guaranteed rate before giving it to the driver.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

hobbesmaster posted:

it's better than empty rwd pickups

engine in a pickup is probably big enough that if you throw 2-300 pounds of sand in the back you wouldn't notice tho

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

vodkat posted:

just buy a old soviet mechanical watch for 40 bucks :ussr:

I fell down this hole and have been looking at old soviet watches on eBay for a day

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

I fell down this hole and have been looking at old soviet watches on eBay for a day

do you have an autowinder yet

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

shut the gently caress up about watches

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

no it's too late

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

duTrieux. posted:

whats this about watches?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Citizen Tayne posted:

get a 24-hour watch, preferably with 12 at the top. those own

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

graph posted:

do you have an autowinder yet

I'm looking!!

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

I got this for christmas, it took about 3 weeks to ship here from the ukraine but its rad as hell

Edit: I've also been thinking of getting one of the 24 hour watches just for the novelty of it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

:clears throat gently: no u

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

vodkat posted:

I got this for christmas, it took about 3 weeks to ship here from the ukraine but its rad as hell

Edit: I've also been thinking of getting one of the 24 hour watches just for the novelty of it

how do you even read the time on a blank face like that?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pr0zac posted:

By not being a moron

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quartz is where it's at

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

pr0zac posted:

lol if u use watches as anything other than a gaudy expression of how much disposable income you have

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

duTrieux. posted:

quartz is where it's at
im into some pretty obscure prasiolites, you probably havent heard of them

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pr0zac posted:

compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost
my sundial is very need-suiting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wât

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pr0zac posted:

lol if you think you need more than +/- 10 minutes. what are you, a physicist or something

Elder Postsman posted:

this is actually a great idea

or you could just wear a $15 normal scarf that serves the same purpose more effectively and doesn't waste non-renewable resources or make your seats look like :whitewater:

just make sure it's not too long so you don't isadora duncan yourself

Nintendo Kid posted:

architect chairs never stop being funny

architects suffer from exactly the same problem as engineers, where they think because they can do one hard thing, they are automatically experts in everything that's even slightly related to it.

architect think tey can design cars, for example

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Sagebrush posted:

or you could just wear a $15 normal scarf that serves the same purpose more effectively and doesn't waste non-renewable resources or make your seats look like :whitewater:

yeah i'm gonna wear a scarf that's gonna get all blown around in my convertible. lmao get out you nerd

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sagebrush posted:

lol if you think you need more than +/- 10 minutes. what are you, a physicist or something

to be honest if you cant tell the time on a blank face to within 5 minutes youre an idiot

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i mean if you cant tell what third of a 90-degree slice the hand is in, jesus

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah i'm gonna wear a scarf that's gonna get all blown around in my convertible. lmao get out you nerd

dress up like a WWI pilot whenever you drive

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

keyboard vomit posted:

this but unironically

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

keyboard vomit posted:

dress up like a WWI pilot whenever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

its the new casual friday

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Elder Postsman posted:

it's you, the nerd who doesn't know how to put on a scarf apparently

tip: the loose ends go down and get tucked inside your jacket

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Snapchat A Titty posted:

its the new casual friday

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mods, avatar pls

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Snapchat A Titty posted:

mods, avatar pls

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

keyboard vomit posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

architects suffer from exactly the same problem as engineers, where they think because they can do one hard thing, they are automatically experts in everything that's even slightly related to it.

architect think tey can design cars, for example

ASK me about living next door to software dev libertarians who think that they've got society's problems figured out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ASK me about living next door to software dev libertarians who think that they've got society's problems figured out

:allears:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

didn't he get those stolen aka give them to a 'large black drug dealer who asked for them'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beast of Bourbon posted:

didn't he get those stolen aka give them to a 'large black drug dealer who asked for them'?

in which he proudly blogs about it, Not Getting It at all
http://boingboing.net/2002/06/30/i-wuz-robbed.html

• Locked thread