Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
What I wondered is what happens if Ginyu switches with Gotenks or Gogeta, when they defuse does his mind shatter or are there just two copies of Ginyu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bushmaori posted:

What I wondered is what happens if Ginyu switches with Gotenks or Gogeta, when they defuse does his mind shatter or are there just two copies of Ginyu?

The fusions in general are treated as their own characters separate from their components. If it ever came up, I'd like to think Ginyu would be in control of the fused body and be non-existent anywhere else.

Also it would be funny.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe he just swaps with one of them, so now Goten is in the body of Ginyu, and Ginyu is fused with Trunks.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
If only Ginyu was around to body swap with Porunga.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

sharktamer posted:

If only Ginyu was around to body swap with Porunga.

I want this to be a scenario in Xenoverse.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I played some Ultimate Butouden or whatever for DS this evening, and it's a lot of fun. Really wish it'd come to the states. Lots of great what-ifs, and a pretty fun fighting system.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I decided to be a goon and order the Budokai HD Collection AND preorder Xenoverse on the PS3.

I like to think of it as my wallet donating to the Spirit Bomb.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You made the wrong choice, my friend. The HD Collection doesn't have the plagiarized music in it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Beef Waifu posted:

You made the wrong choice, my friend. The HD Collection doesn't have the plagiarized music in it.

It's proof that plagiarism is good, that soundtrack loving rules.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess I'm wondering if I should get the PS3 or PC version of Xenoverse. I don't have a next gen console, so I don't wanna miss out on anything.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm just getting it on PC. It seems like PS4 is the most popular platform for it, but I think there will be plenty turbonerds on every one of them.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

WickedHate posted:

I want this to be a scenario in Xenoverse.
With frog Ginyu. Somehow.

I wanna see a dramatic pan back-and-forth between Porunga and a god damned frog.

Shinjobi posted:

I guess I'm wondering if I should get the PS3 or PC version of Xenoverse. I don't have a next gen console, so I don't wanna miss out on anything.
I've asked about this before, and I think the only difference is supposed to be graphics. Details are vague as hell, though!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

PC Xenoverse chiming in, so uh who's starting a steam group for this?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

dr.acula posted:

PC Xenoverse chiming in, so uh who's starting a steam group for this?

I can set it up if you want. I have steam open right now

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HerculesHeroes

Group is invitation only so hit me up if you want to join http://steamcommunity.com/id/testekill/

Testekill fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 30, 2015

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Did a thing

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's proof that plagiarism is good, that soundtrack loving rules.

Plagarism is what we professionals just call "caught in inspiration" and generally copyrights are just bad and terrible.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Testekill posted:

I can set it up if you want. I have steam open right now

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HerculesHeroes

Group is invitation only so hit me up if you want to join http://steamcommunity.com/id/testekill/

I'm shieldstas btw, thanks for the invite!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I ran through TeamFourStar's '24 greatest dragon ball moments' last night. Nothing too out of the blue about it. They seem to really not like the Buu Saga (I don't really blame them) while loving the Saiyan and Cell Sagas. Also a bit surprised by the lack of Freeza Saga moments. They also ignored the Red Ribbon Army arc completely and only gave a few moments to the Piccolo Sagas.

Pretty interesting list and didn't really see it get talked about in here. Very DBZ centric but they made sure to give DB some love too

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Do we all agree on Goku's first SSJ transformation being the best moment in the series? It's pretty much the only example I can think of where the anime did a scene better than the manga. It all happens too quickly in the manga, it works a lot better being drawn out a bit.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

sharktamer posted:

Do we all agree on Goku's first SSJ transformation being the best moment in the series? It's pretty much the only example I can think of where the anime did a scene better than the manga. It all happens too quickly in the manga, it works a lot better being drawn out a bit.

Oh, fo' sure. That scene is a classic on both sides of the Pacific and the Atlantic.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

sharktamer posted:

If I'm to pick one specific scene, probably. I think a lot of the Freeza fight leading up to that point is pretty dull though.

If I were to pick one specific fight, it'd be the Goku vs Vegeta fight. It's a fight with a lot of back and forth, where both sides are completely and utterly crushed by the end. Gohan is unconscious, Krillin can barely stand, Goku certainly can't stand, and Vegeta is practically crawling into his pod. Yaji-loving-robe dealt a decisive blow in the fight.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Future Trunks transforming for the first time is a very close second for me. Just the raw emotion is fantastic. The entire scene is chilling.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Sounds dorky, but Vegeta's Final Flash gives me chills. The dub.

Vegeta has badass music in the dub, too, which helps.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

New Leaf posted:

Future Trunks transforming for the first time is a very close second for me. Just the raw emotion is fantastic. The entire scene is chilling.

It's the plagiarized music that does it for me. Unless you're talking about the movie scene.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

The entire scene is chilling.
:v:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

I think he means in History of Trunks not against the Freeza clan.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think he means in History of Trunks not against the Freeza clan.
let me have this

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
History of Trunk is non-canon, no?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Covok posted:

History of Trunk is non-canon, no?

No. It's based on a one-shot that Toriyama wrote. Certain parts of the movie are slightly different, but the story is Trunks' actual, canonical backstory.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My pick for something of an underrated greatest moment is Vegeta's first SSJ appearance/Vegeta punking out 19 with ease.

I'd also rank the introduction of Cell way higher than they did. One of the few times DB ever managed to do horror.

Disappointed that, although they included Piccolo sacrificing himself for Gohan, they just kinda gloss over his return. Surely one of the best "gently caress YEAH" moments of Dragonball.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 30, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

No. It's based on a one-shot that Toriyama wrote. Certain parts of the movie are slightly different, but the story is Trunks' actual, canonical backstory.

Is Bardock: The Father of Goku in the same situation? I'd like that to be canon as it was pretty tight. The first Bardock, not the awful rear end squeal with the Super Sayian Bardock and all the muppets.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Covok posted:

Is Bardock: The Father of Goku in the same situation? I'd like that to be canon as it was pretty tight. The first Bardock, not the awful rear end squeal with the Super Sayian Bardock and all the muppets.

No, Dragon Ball Minus contradicts it. Though Bardock flying up to confront Freeza is canon since Freeza remembers it in the manga.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Think my most iconic moment has to be their #3, Gohan finally unleashing

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Horrible Taste posted:

No, Dragon Ball Minus contradicts it. Though Bardock flying up to confront Freeza is canon since Freeza remembers it in the manga.
If you're going to mention Dragon Ball Minus, you might as well dismiss the notion of "canon" entirely. You know, like Toriyama does. About his gag manga.

Neko Majin Z is canonical gently caress the haters

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013

Two Finger posted:

Think my most iconic moment has to be their #3, Gohan finally unleashing

Its decent in english but i think the original japanese version is much better.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Goku going SSJ3 is my favorite, mainly for the :krad: music in the dub.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Horrible Taste posted:

Ah, yes. Dragonball Minus. Where Toriyama decided Goku wasn't similar enough to Superman and just decided to steal his entire origin story while simultaneously undoing everything established about Saiyan culture in the process.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Neo_Crimson posted:

Goku going SSJ3 is my favorite, mainly for the :krad: music in the dub.

SSJ3 as a concept was so pointless, but that transformation was just Peak Goku.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
What did Dragon Ball Minus to do Saiyan culture? I just read the overview, and not too much is mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
If Dragon Ball Minus is canon it means Goku's mom worked in a meat distribution center on Planet Vegeta, which is something I want to be true.

• Locked thread