Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yuriy posted:

people w/ observer, hehu informed me last night of a matt riddle update, apparently xpac and meltzer are wowed by how he's coming along as a pro-wrassler

can anyone either tell me what was said or copy/paste it depending on if it was text or audio or w/e

Waltman said he was really impressive, great look, really athletic, had a "great aptitude for the business" and was picking up on the in-ring stuff very well.

Meltzer had heard good things about him attitude wise but was pretty much in the dark on the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I heard X-Pac said that Riddle had a powerful-looking, tear-resistant anus. hosed up if true.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bryan must be making huge bux teaching karate. Another 2 week vacation to Hawaii

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Waltman said he was really impressive, great look, really athletic, had a "great aptitude for the business" and was picking up on the in-ring stuff very well.

Meltzer had heard good things about him attitude wise but was pretty much in the dark on the rest.

yay

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I fell asleep last night while listening to Lance and Bryan argue about how all movies and matches are the same

Worst sleep ever

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
There's a reason why I gave up listening to the Lance Storm shows.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
What's funny is I look forward to Todd's shows. Todd makes good points and backs them up well. Lance just comes off as old man yelling at cloud.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lance is cool and is my best friend

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I've come around on Todd a bit. He still acts like he's incapable of being wrong, but he approaches things a bit differently, which is refreshing by that point in the week.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Did that Stone cold and HHH interview come out?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Herr Tog posted:

Did that Stone cold and HHH interview come out?

Hasn't happened yet. Or if it has it hasn't aired, anyway.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

triplexpac posted:

monday after raw

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

triplexpac posted:

It's gonna be a live thing after Raw on Monday.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Bryan must be making huge bux teaching karate. Another 2 week vacation to Hawaii

he made sure everyone knew that Whitney was paying for this trip

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thank you goons.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

njsykora posted:

It's gonna be a live thing after Raw on Monday.

Is it actually a live interview? I wasn't sure on that, like with the Vince one they could have taped it a bit earlier and just aired it after.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Bhester posted:

he made sure everyone knew that Whitney was paying for this trip

I hope he gets kicked out of the hotel for making too much noise again

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

he'll spend thousands of dollars on new audio equipment to make him not as loud in hotel rooms

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't hate Todd because of his insane blowup when Bryan compared CM Punk to Nailz.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

When did this happen?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

maniacripper posted:

Yeah... that's the point. If they continue to boo Reigns then he turns on Bryan (and fans) and goes with Heyman. Now Roman has a someone to do his interviews, and Daniel Bryan is back chasing the title. People could buy Roman being a strong sellout heel champion with Heyman pulling the strings.

It's a win/win

Yeah, and the best thing about it is: You have Bryan legit doing thirty minutes matches with Reigns and teaching him the ropes and doing good ring work with him. You have Heyman maybe making sure those scripts are so loving chiseled in stone for Reigns.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

When did this happen?

He's never been kicked out AFAIK but he's gotten noise complaints in Hawaii and at pretty much every Mania weekend.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Hello, front desk? I've been trying to sleep for hours but keep getting woken up by some Muppet screaming about Randy Orton.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

He's never been kicked out AFAIK but he's gotten noise complaints in Hawaii and at pretty much every Mania weekend.

He ended up having to tape one show from the hotel lobby, if I remember right.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I finally got my first subscription to the Observer. What are some episodes and shows i should check out?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Liar Lyre posted:

I finally got my first subscription to the Observer. What are some episodes and shows i should check out?

Any of the Bruno Sammartino interviews on Observer Radio. There is a Paul Heyman interview from the time of Lou Albano's death that is must listen. As for current stuff listen to Observer Radio, Bryana and Vinny and FFD with Dr. Lucha. Skip the Todd shows and the Lance shows unless you like Lance's analysis or Todd and Bryan being morons.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

Bryan and Vinny from June 29th 2011

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Liar Lyre posted:

Check out the most recent Sin Limite show with Dave and Mike. If you like the format, go back and listen to the old ones. They're probably the most evergreen of the audio shows, because at least half of each episode is Dave answering a shitload of mailbag questions about wrestling history. At one point last winter I downloaded every single Sin Limite and sat there listening to a marathon while playing Sleeping Dogs. I haven't missed one since.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

triplexpac posted:

Is it actually a live interview? I wasn't sure on that, like with the Vince one they could have taped it a bit earlier and just aired it after.

I don't think the Vince one was taped since they did the extra 15 minutes bit with that one

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Liar Lyre posted:

Any of the Christmas shows
Bryan and Vinny, December 4, 2006
Basically any bad PPV or episode of Impact in the last 10 years or so

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is Austin's most recent podcast mis-numbered? He has #189 out for both Clean and Unleashed, but one is Court Bauer and the other is Wade Keller, and the Clean/Unleashed ones usually alternate numbers.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Liar Lyre posted:

Do a search for Wang in the Radio Shows section.

Dario the Wop fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 31, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Austin gushing over Sami Zayn (and especially his music :3:) on his latest podcast is so great.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Any of the Bruno Sammartino interviews on Observer Radio. There is a Paul Heyman interview from the time of Lou Albano's death that is must listen. As for current stuff listen to Observer Radio, Bryana and Vinny and FFD with Dr. Lucha. Skip the Todd shows and the Lance shows unless you like Lance's analysis or Todd and Bryan being morons.

I think I may be going to re-listen to these as well. There may be more Brunos that I'm missing.

Paul Heyman on Lou Albano - http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/101809wo.mp3

Bruno 11/3/10 - http://www.f4wonline.com/component/content/article/18199/

Bruno 7/20/11 - http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/072011wo.mp3

Bruno 2/6/13 - http://media001.f4wonline.com/dmdocuments/020613bruno.mp3

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!

Jerusalem posted:

Austin gushing over Sami Zayn (and especially his music :3:) on his latest podcast is so great.

His reaction to hearing a ska song for the first time >>>>

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Bard Maddox posted:

I don't think the Vince one was taped since they did the extra 15 minutes bit with that one

That seemed pretty contrived to me, but yeah maybe it was off the cuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Anyone on the fence about the Jericho interview with the Miz and Mizdow, don't be. For the first few minutes it's all gimmick but the next hour or so is excellent.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Any of the Christmas shows

I believe it's the 2011 Christmas Show where Bryan gets so ridiculously smashed he ends up running the walls of the studio like they're ropes. Then either 2012 or 2013 Vinny got so drunk he was out of action for nearly a week.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

Austin seemed really happy with all the NXT guys. The best bit was right near the end of the podcast where he praised the ref in the Zayn/Neville match though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Seams posted:

Austin seemed really happy with all the NXT guys. The best bit was right near the end of the podcast where he praised the ref in the Zayn/Neville match though.

I liked it a lot because honestly, it's not something that anyone really thinks about. You take the ref being there as just part of the furniture, so to speak, but it shows that Austin has a good mind for taking in every aspect of a match.

• Locked thread