Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Internet Kraken posted:

Getting 3 bars with focus spirit isn't hard at all once you have the level 3 refill badge.

I meant it takes a while to get both Special gauge upgrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm mildly disappointed they didn't make Fierce Deity Link huge like he was in Majora's Mask. But he still wreaks poo poo up so it's good.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

A new super good skill, 4000 kills to unlock. Image courtesy of nonexistinghero on GameFAQs:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

A new super good skill, 4000 kills to unlock. Image courtesy of nonexistinghero on GameFAQs:

Want to know how fast you can plant sprouts with that on the deku spear.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Internet Kraken posted:

Want to know how fast you can plant sprouts with that on the deku spear.

It's not actually incredibly noticeable, or at least, it wasn't on Y. Link. But I did spend most of my time in Fierce Deity form.

Edit: Yeah, scratch that, it is noticeable, but not in Focus Spirit form.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 30, 2015

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
What it sounds like them is that it might make your attacks outside of Focus Spirit come out as fast as in Focus Spirit, since you get a speed increase in it. Maybe Zant will be good with this guys!!!!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Locke Dunnegan posted:

What it sounds like them is that it might make your attacks outside of Focus Spirit come out as fast as in Focus Spirit, since you get a speed increase in it. Maybe Zant will be good with this guys!!!!

Only if that one other new skill makes him hit harder than a wet fart.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Zant+: Makes Zant hit harder than a wet fart. (100k kills, Zant's Hand combo only)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That one guy keeps making comics and they continue to be good

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I love those comics.

Another 4k Skill:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Setz is the best.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Out of the available Master Quest and Twilight Princess packs, is one of them considered better than the other?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Out of the available Master Quest and Twilight Princess packs, is one of them considered better than the other?

Master Quest has the weapon unlocks for the villain characters and isn't stupidly hard like some of the Twilight pack.

On the other hand, Twilight Midna is one of my favorite characters to play as in the game. Her attacks are so satisfying.

I'd personally say its a toss-up based on what you want more of. And if you ever want to seriously use Wizzro, Cia and Volga. The Link and Zelda weapons you get for each are both about as great, but Zelda arguably needs hers more since a lot of people have trouble with the Rapier/Baton while Link is swimming in great weapons already.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Zore posted:

Master Quest has the weapon unlocks for the villain characters and isn't stupidly hard like some of the Twilight pack.

On the other hand, Twilight Midna is one of my favorite characters to play as in the game. Her attacks are so satisfying.

I'd personally say its a toss-up based on what you want more of. And if you ever want to seriously use Wizzro, Cia and Volga. The Link and Zelda weapons you get for each are both about as great, but Zelda arguably needs hers more since a lot of people have trouble with the Rapier/Baton while Link is swimming in great weapons already.

I think the adventure map for Master Quest is much better and fairer than Twilight Princess. Also, if you don't have levels from the MQ, it will be hard for you to do the TP map. So if you get one, I would say MQ.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

I'd say they're about equal. It depends on what you want out of them, really.

Master Quest-
-It's a remix of the original Adventure Map.
-Has Cia, Volga and Wizzro's level 2-3 weapons, plus several costumes and 8-bit weapons.

Twilight Princess-
-Has an original map, though it's only about two-thirds the size of the first two.
-Unlocks Twili Midna, who's an absolute shitwrecker, plus Zelda's Dominion Rod. Also a few costumes.
-Enemies in the TP map have a chance to drop two materials or a weapon and a material, making badge grinding much easier.
-Balance is a bit off; the game expects you to be around level 80 with all characters to get very far in, plus the damage requirements don't scale very well (enemies do significantly more damage as you get farther in, but A-rank requirements aren't adjusted to match the change)

Majora's Mask (hasn't been released in the US yet, so I'm just going off what's in this thread)-
-Two new characters, Young Link and Tingle.
-New map, about the same size as Twilight Princess, occasionally 'resets' until you beat a specific map
-Apparently the new maps drop a lot of rupees?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So Zelda's level 3 rapier mission was so easy. Am I missing something, or did they accidentally swap the difficulty levels there?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Twilight Princess has better level design with more new and interesting scenarios. Master Quest is a lot of repeated maps from the first adventure map but with different character or recommended element requirements. It does have a few new mission types.

However, Twilight Princess is also a huge jump in difficulty, both in how much damage enemies take (very little) and how much damage they deal to the player (an absurd amount with every hit). The first one can be somewhat mitigated by increasing your level, but even completing the first two Adventure Mode maps won't necessarily have naturally leveled all your characters to the state necessary to deal with the TP map, so you would need to grind. The second one is just frustrating since even leveling up doesn't decrease damage taken.

Unless you love grinding your characters to the high heavens (which, if you're only going to buy one of the DLCs, I'm guessing you don't) go with Master Quest. It's a bit more samey but at least it's actually manageable to go straight from the regular Adventure map to that one.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Hahaha holy poo poo :eyepop:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Any suggestions on the best character(s) to focus material farming/leveling on first?I thoroughly love Link, and he seems to be awesome, but I just wanted to see if there are certain characters that are just overall better for staring adventure mode.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Siochain posted:

Any suggestions on the best character(s) to focus material farming/leveling on first?I thoroughly love Link, and he seems to be awesome, but I just wanted to see if there are certain characters that are just overall better for staring adventure mode.

The game's gonna encourage you to use everyone since lots of maps have a reward for completing them with a single character. Basically try using everyone unless there's someone you really don't like in which case pump them full of rupees and only use them when you have to (see: Zant).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The other two are great, but this one? This is perfect. Hurl Warriors Lana = Best Lana :3:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

By the way, does the Majora's Mask map keep the double material drops?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You have to use pretty much every character. Most missions have "recommended elements" which sort of shoehorns you into using certain characters or weapons, and some missions completely lock you into a single character. The good thing is that some Adventure missions are really hard and you'll die a lot, but any XP earned on a failed attempt still counts, so it's possible for you to bash your head at a single mission until your character is like 10 or 12 levels higher and you can just muscle through it. The big thing is that some characters are total shitboxes (Zant, Agitha) but you can dump all your rupees into them to level them up like crazy, finish the missions you need them for, and then ignore them again.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

There are some buffs supposedly being found to some characters in the latest update: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/745183-hyrule-warriors/71119261?page=1

quote:

+ denotes buff
> denotes change that's neither a buff nor a nerf
- denotes nerf
* denotes unconfirmed

Zant
+C5 can now be dash canceled
+C1 Bullets decreases WPG better
>C4 causes screen shake, possibly has more range
>Zant's attacks overall have more weight

Fi
+C1 duration increased

Ruto
+Regular string has increased pull/vacuum effect
+Increased AoE on some C# and Special

Ganondorf
+C1 has faster startup
*C# fills C1 meter faster

Obviously I can't confirm these since I'm in NA, but I'd be very happy if Zant's C1 bullets end up being more useful.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 31, 2015

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

I'm not the only one who's gonna be trying to do this too, right? (and fail horribly at it since I'm not that good at this game)

I can't wait til it's out in the US :allears:

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Thank god for the Zant buffs; adding dodge cancels to C5 especially. Dunno why Ruto needed a buff, though, and especially why she needed a buff to range rather than single-target damage.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Good lord, Young Link is overpowered as gently caress. It's a good thing they don't really need to worry about balancing in this game all that much.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

ElegantFugue posted:

Dunno why Ruto needed a buff, though, and especially why she needed a buff to range rather than single-target damage.

If that makes it easier to catch enemies in her C4 and C5 then I'll be happy, I never use them because her C3 and C6 are so much better at actually hitting things.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I heard that Ganon materials were needed for Young Link, what's the fastest way to grind kills on him? Only missions I can think of take ages.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I heard that Ganon materials were needed for Young Link, what's the fastest way to grind kills on him? Only missions I can think of take ages.

How about that fight bosses with Ganondorf on the standard adventure map? It takes like 3 minutes and you get Ganon, Gohma, and King Dodongo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

The other two are great, but this one? This is perfect. Hurl Warriors Lana = Best Lana :3:

No kidding. The punchline in that one was perfect.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Regy Rusty posted:

How about that fight bosses with Ganondorf on the standard adventure map? It takes like 3 minutes and you get Ganon, Gohma, and King Dodongo.

That one is actually rated at a higher level than the equivalent square on the MQ map, but I don't know if that translates to it being harder or taking longer. Either way, that's what I did, and I just quit out of the level if Ganon dropped a weapon.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
So do the little online passerby battles where you can "help" a person with whatever they're doing actually help them or am I just being misled by a weirdly vague description?

Nevermind, I found out after I RTFM. What kind of help do they get if I do their battles in Adventure Mode, though?

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 31, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Theta Zero posted:

So do the little online passerby battles where you can "help" a person with whatever they're doing actually help them or am I just being misled by a weirdly vague description?

Nevermind, I found out after I RTFM. What kind of help do they get if I do their battles in Adventure Mode, though?

If someone helps your Link you get 100,000 Rupees and an exp bonus for the next map you do.

Loving sexy Tingle :gay:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
You know all those "Final Battle! Defeat the desert dragon!" type battles where a giant boss shows up after a regular map?

Those are hard as balls. The giant bosses take like 6 Weakpoint Smashes to kill.

And one of them needs A Ranking as Agitha.

gently caress everything.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

On that note I need a ton of Imprisoned Scales and the fucker never drops em :rant:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

MarquiseMindfang posted:

You know all those "Final Battle! Defeat the desert dragon!" type battles where a giant boss shows up after a regular map?

Those are hard as balls. The giant bosses take like 6 Weakpoint Smashes to kill.

And one of them needs A Ranking as Agitha.

gently caress everything.

I did one of these on the TP map today with the Imprisoned. I had to knock down the Imprisoned at least 10 times because it had so much loving health.

Imprisoned; still the worst thing in the game

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I found something completely by accident earlier. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but Zelda with Rapier has a guard cancel (if you're familiar with fighters, it's more of an alpha counter/dead angle attack). If you have at least one orb charge and are blocking enemy attacks, you can time a press of the Strong Attack button to expend an orb for a countering blowback move. I have put hundreds of hours into this game and never seen that before, despite blocking more than most other players. I wonder if any other characters have a similar move.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Yo Marquise or anyone else with the MM pack: can you put more than one of the new 4k skills on the same weapon?

And a general question for anyone who happens to know: what does Strong Att+ actually do for buff C1s like Fi's, Zant's, Rapier Zelda's, etc? Does it increase the duration or make the buff stronger? In Zelda's case, does it do anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope Young Link doesn't need ganon's gold material drop because man fighting Ganon is tedious. Then again I don't recall if Dorf has any good 1 cycle weak point smashes so that might be why

• Locked thread