Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Has there been a game where the jungler didn't go full tank after upgrading the jungler item in LCS?

Sure, sometimes they buy a hexdrinker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

rip my fantasy opponent for starting Werlyb.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Frustrated posted:

Worth 1 whole point this week.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Has there been a game where the jungler didn't go full tank after upgrading the jungler item in LCS?

When Kha and Elise were actually decent picks you'd see them build off-tank, and there were a few full assassin Rengar builds when he first came out of being disabled if I recall correctly. Also there was a brief point around when Feral Flare came out when we saw some carry jungler action before that also got nerfed into the ground.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Frustrated posted:

Did they also start frederic out of curiosity?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
nuke can play a bunch of champions why does he pick leblanc every loving game

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Elements just gave Roccat Jarvan top if they want it but they probably won't take it. But they should.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Transient People posted:

Did they also start frederic out of curiosity?

no, just Werlyb.

As someone who is starting Rekkles, Shook, Wickd, and Elements, I am very worried about this team comp...

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Even though El Alianza gave Roccat Reksai I think the rest of Roccat's draft is kinda meh.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That Thresh skin is awesome. Just wish they'd stop forcing this Vanderlife thing cause it's crap.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

When Kha and Elise were actually decent picks you'd see them build off-tank, and there were a few full assassin Rengar builds when he first came out of being disabled if I recall correctly. Also there was a brief point around when Feral Flare came out when we saw some carry jungler action before that also got nerfed into the ground.

I meant in S5 LCS.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I meant in S5 LCS.

Oh. Uh. I think someone played Fiddle jungle at IEM San Jose and when Warwick was hot poo poo they were sometimes going Devourer into BOTRK with him?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

nuke can play a bunch of champions why does he pick leblanc every loving game

Watching this Roccat team the first two weeks all I can think of is why the gently caress did they get rid of Xaxus and Celavar to sign Nukeduck and Woolite. I feel like the latter team (this team) is much worse. Xaxus and Celaver almost carried really bad challenger teams back into the LCS, but Nukeduck and Woolite haven't done poo poo for Roccat in two weeks.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Not really because it's the strongest build on everyone based on how competitive jungle games are played.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Elements shotcalling is so bad.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Watching this Roccat team the first two weeks all I can think of is why the gently caress did they get rid of Xaxus and Celavar to sign Nukeduck and Woolite. I feel like the latter team (this team) is much worse. Xaxus and Celaver almost carried really bad challenger teams back into the LCS, but Nukeduck and Woolite haven't done poo poo for Roccat in two weeks.

Not really because it's the strongest build on everyone based on how competitive jungle games are played.

If Overpow ever becomes a better toplaner than Xasus then I think getting nukeduck is a net positive, but I"m not sure that's going to happen.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Savage Cracker posted:

Elements shotcalling is so bad.

Good job losing dragon by sending your whole team in five different directions Elements.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
wtf Roccat

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Libertine posted:

Good job losing dragon by sending your whole team in five different directions Elements.
Luckily for Elements, Roccat refuse to be outdone in this regard.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That baron call was next level

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm sad Roccat is so bad now but I do like seeing Nukeduck lose.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I like Elements because I read all of their names in a Spanish accent. GO EL REKKLES GO

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I know Ryu got an early kill, but contrast his LeBlanc to Nukeduck's: Ryu hit like 8/10 chains, he was all over the map, he poked everyone down the whole game. Nukeduck has done... very little here.

edit: and then Nuke solos Froggen, my analysis is superb.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Great TP Wickd.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Flipswitch posted:

Not much chance of that, he's a big skin seller and people love to watch him in the pro scene because of the ~play potential~. Same with Lee Sin.

I'd offer a counterpoint - PROJECT:Yasuo was the best-selling skin of last year (citation: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2tylju/riot_which_skin_in_the_game_has_been_sold_the_most/) and they effectively dumpstered the champion out of competitive. I really don't think their balance team is looking at that stuff when they're making the decisions about what's good and bad for the game.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Every game Elements plays is just a massive wet fart. Their team (on paper) should be annihilating most of their opponents including this really bad Roccat team, but they pretty much never close out anyone decisively because they are just constantly doing stupid poo poo.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Wickd is SO loving AWFUL

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

Wickd is SO loving AWFUL

Nyph has been pretty abysmal this game too.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I actually like Wickd, but I'm done defending him.

Can you imagine Elements with a real top laner?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I never get this mindset. "Someone got caught out now it's a 4v5 we better engage."

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Every game Elements plays is just a massive wet fart. Their team (on paper) should be annihilating most of their opponents including this really bad Roccat team, but they pretty much never close out anyone decisively because they are just constantly doing stupid poo poo.

1,000 times yes

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Killed By Death posted:

Wickd is SO loving AWFUL

not emptyquotin'

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

I never get this mindset. "Someone got caught out now it's a 4v5 we better engage."

He didn't even get caught out he just took a ton of unnecessary damage, stepped on a trap and got killed.

edit: Elements need a better toplaner, a better support, a more consistent jungler (this might be Shook but goddamn he needs to step it up), better shotcalling and more decisive play. Currently they're fooling around for ages hoping they can capitalize on their opponents mistakes or that Froggen and Rekkles can carry them.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 30, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Roccat is going to fully rally this game. Insane.

e: Nevermind, Roccat is going to scatter into every direction and throw the game.

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
Game of Throws

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ugh, this game

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I'm really happy we've got SK and Fnatic in EU because goddamn.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Savage Cracker posted:

I'm really happy we've got SK and Fnatic in EU because goddamn.

yeah, this is loving miserable

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Khaba posted:

I actually like Wickd, but I'm done defending him.

Can you imagine Elements with a real top laner?

Who would you replace him with?

I'm not saying Wickd isn't bad but I'm really not sure who you would replace him with. Top lane is a bit of a desert in the western world of league.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Alex Itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Literally any other professional top laner. Rhux would probably be better than wickd. Maybe westrice would be a downgrade.

• Locked thread