Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Atal Vataman posted:

also, i skimmed through ftrs writeup of the CDC, and it doesnt sound like what ive heard about the tank at all. it just doesnt fit with the gameplay videos ive seen of the at all. apparently its actually slow or something according to ftr. "30 kmh uphill is slow, it turns super slow, 57 kmh with super acceleration is slow" wtf. it looks like a really good leo pt on t8 damnit.

I'm actually wondering is SS is really playing the same game as the rest of us. Also his "teardown" of WoWS was hilariously wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Had a shitter E100 try to teamkill me for telling him to not whine about MM (apparently MM can now screw over tier 10 tanks?? It Is A Mystery.), after three failed attempts to pen my M103 my team blew him up. We lost horribly, but I got to spend the rest of the game trolling him. Sometimes pubbies are good people :unsmith:

If you see GrumpyOldTanker in game and feel like trolling him, ask him about "his list" and whether you can be on it too.

E: How much better is the third gun on the M103 than the second gun? I want to know if this tank will ever stop feeling like I'm just hitting myself in the crotch with a baseball bat every time I play it. I don't think I've ever had an actually fun game in it.

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 30, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Gervasius posted:

I'm actually wondering is SS is really playing the same game as the rest of us. Also his "teardown" of WoWS was hilariously wrong.
Hey man, gotta maintain the narrative somehow!

Dude probably thinks Murdoch and Ailes are what every budding journalist should aim to be, though applying the term to anything SS does is an insult to the trade.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atal Vataman posted:

unless the gun handling is terrible or something, it sounds like something i'd love.

The gun handling is fairly mediocre at 0,2/0,16. It's a pretty painful combo with the super-fragile turret since you'll miss a bit too often if you just do a split-second peek, Patton-style.

It sure does move fast though.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
can I just tell you guys how bizarre this thread has been for the last 20 pages or so? I started reading it at 3am as I was going to bed and now at 4:45 I feel like I just watched Enter The Void.

8 bit is the only thing I can play in this loving game anymore. Everything else is just too frustrating. It would be perfect with maybe 3~5 maps. Actually I'm quite pleased to have the opportunity to train up an LTTB crew, because I've only got one Soviet LT crew and I don't want to swap them out of my BT-2.

Well I guess I'm not going to bed after all. Time to get up and make bacon and coffee, and get ready for another wonderful day at my wonderful job.

Quatrefoil
Feb 13, 2010

Magres posted:

E: How much better is the third gun on the M103 than the second gun? I want to know if this tank will ever stop feeling like I'm just hitting myself in the crotch with a baseball bat every time I play it. I don't think I've ever had an actually fun game in it.
Elited 103 is awesome, in large part due to the gun being great. Except when catching arty to the gigantic turret, though the gun's still great.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Prav posted:

The gun handling is fairly mediocre at 0,2/0,16. It's a pretty painful combo with the super-fragile turret since you'll miss a bit too often if you just do a split-second peek, Patton-style.

It sure does move fast though.

Better, worse same as the fcm?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Atal Vataman posted:

Better, worse same as the fcm?

Same tracks, but the FCM has a stabler turret. 0,2/0,12. Not a massive difference, but still noticeable.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Prav posted:

Same tracks, but the FCM has a stabler turret. 0,2/0,12. Not a massive difference, but still noticeable.

Where are the bloom/ground resistance files located?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Are the repair rounds worth loving around with for the silver cost in the goofy block tank mode?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Wade Wilson posted:

Are the repair rounds worth loving around with for the silver cost in the goofy block tank mode?

Heal 1k HP (~5 shots) and you get an extra 250/500 exp for a loss/win in the Arctic Fox. I'm not sure if it works in the other tanks. And if you want to go maximum tryhard I'm sure there's all kinds of tactics you could cook up, but, well, why bother? Making red tanks explode is more fun than making green tanks not-explode.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
That boats game kind of looks like tanks, only everyone is driving a TOG with damaged engines.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

maev posted:

I love how an arcadey game like World of Tanks brings out such visceral political / historical divides and anger issues between players. Where 85% German tanks played is a nostalgic fascist statement and the belief that the T-34-85 was a superior operational tank to the Tiger is unfettered communist sympathy and Stalin apologia. :allears:

You don't need to go as far as that, I was called a Trotskist on the WoT forums because I said that Hitler was bad.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Nien posted:

Why do people talk real politics in the tank game?

Because they have a captive audience for 3-15 minutes

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 30, 2015

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Ensign Expendable posted:

You don't need to go as far as that, I was called a Trotskist on the WoT forums because I said that Hitler was bad.

You're lucky you didn't get banned for that.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

That boats game kind of looks like tanks, only everyone is driving a TOG with damaged engines.

Sold.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum

Hellsau posted:

East cannot get shot from mid. Mid can murder west without being spotted. The 1 line does not actually contribute anything. It's the mid that both spots and shoots relevant targets.

East is a completely static unflankable unpushable boring coinflippy face to face one lane slugfest, I can't see it as anything but Redshire's version of Abbey's east lane or the beach on South Coast.

I've never had the spotting or getting shot problems on 1 line. It's a trench, there's a shitload of huge bushes, and there are plenty of big rocks in good positions, so mid's just as exposed to 1 when played right. You're not supposed to push 1 line without mid doing the same thing (or vice versa). One spots, the other shoots, and they mutually support each other. Eventually, 1 gets in position to shoot the second big dip in the middle, and finally the back side of the hill (from both spawns). Mid crew at that point can either spot or push in when the enemy mid is distracted, or flex east/south if somehow that flank didn't get sniped to poo poo from hill in the north/the buildings in the south.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
apparently my replay folder had 10300 replays in it... time to clean up

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Wade Wilson posted:

Probably in the 5 tank platoons, otherwise meh...no point really in healing other people unless you're just killing time.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So when is 8-bit mode on until then? And what happens to the Tanks, Crews and XP on them after it's over? Just wondering if the tanks vanish will I be able to transfer free XP off them or not?

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Aramoro posted:

So when is 8-bit mode on until then? And what happens to the Tanks, Crews and XP on them after it's over? Just wondering if the tanks vanish will I be able to transfer free XP off them or not?

Crews will be retrained to the T110E5, LTTB, and Foch 155. Free xp will move to tier 1 tanks. This is in line with previous events like Chaffee races.

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!
I don't know how this happened, but I can log in to and play the botes closed alpha client.

Indrazar
Sep 19, 2011
I am so glad the 35xp for 1 gold thing happened on NA because it meant my millions of convertible XP that I was saving for warships could be converted for way less gold.

Looks like I'll be able to nearly get 2 t10 boats as soon as they allow free xp crossover.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh my god. I free XPed the top gun on the M103.

It's so good. The extra pen doesn't hurt, certainly, but the gun handling is just magical

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Indrazar posted:

I am so glad the 35xp for 1 gold thing happened on NA because it meant my millions of convertible XP that I was saving for warships could be converted for way less gold.

Looks like I'll be able to nearly get 2 t10 boats as soon as they allow free xp crossover.

Have they actually said that recently? I thought it was just gold and premium time.

If so, Day 1 Montana class go go go.

Magres posted:

Oh my god. I free XPed the top gun on the M103.

It's so good. The extra pen doesn't hurt, certainly, but the gun handling is just magical

It really does make the tank.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Free XP is already shared with planes, it's part of their unified account stuff.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

If planes is any indication, it won't work for a little bit on launch while they run the poopsock a 10 contest and all that jazz, but it'll work after a few weeks to a month.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Vorkosigan posted:

You'll be in queue for 5 minutes, and then you'll get into a 1vs1 battle against some dude who did the same free exp spree.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Just got the 28.01! What do I need to be prioritizing to get it up to snuff?

Indrazar
Sep 19, 2011

Vorkosigan posted:

Have they actually said that recently? I thought it was just gold and premium time.

I've already converted XP from planes for tanks so I'm sure it will be available in boats.

For planes there was a period of time where free XP wasn't shared and that was during the planes race to teir 10. At the end of that event free xp became transferable. I'm sure something similar will happen in World of Warships.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Hey guys I found a tank, I've got some more photos but phone posting.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Just got the 28.01! What do I need to be prioritizing to get it up to snuff?

You need the tracks first unfortunately, but then I'd try to get either the top 7,5cm or the 10,5cm howitzer depending on your playstyle, but do it even before the engine, because god forbid you play that tank for very long using the sub 100mm pen gun.

You *could* reach for a compromise, get the 7,5cm L/43, then aim for the other stuff, but personally I think the weapon of choice on the tank is the 10,5mm: you can reliably disable enemy tanks with it, and it wreaks havoc if you get to shoot enemy scouts and such. Getting the back of heavy tanks is a joy too, because often they don't know about the fantastic RoF on it.

I don't really have an opinion on the elite engine, though it is a sizable upgrade, it never fit in my playstyle with the tank so I think I got it last.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Game hangs at battle loading screen and doesn't display team members. Possible NA-EU issue? I can play NA replays. If anyone else has some teachable 59-16 replays I'd love to see them.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Played like 3 battles in the winter battle mode, won twice, got fed up with lovely players nonetheless. Tanks never changes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CitizenKain posted:

Hey guys I found a tank, I've got some more photos but phone posting.

Step 1: Get a flatbed tractor trailer
Step 2: ?
Step 3: You have a tank

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Mesadoram posted:

Step 1: Get a flatbed tractor trailer

You have no idea how much those things cost!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

The Southern Dandy posted:

You have no idea how much those things cost!

Fine, plan B:

Step 1: Learn to hotwire vehicles.
Step 2: Steal a flatbed tractor trailer
Step 3: ?
Step 4: You have a tank

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Fine, plan B:

Step 1: Learn to hotwire vehicles.
Step 2: Steal a flatbed tractor trailer
Step 3: ?
Step 4: You have a tank

This is more than acceptable!

[e] If you've gone on a long car ride, many tanks are available in this manner.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

You can't use just any flatbed to shift those, dummies. You'll need a lowloader, or a crane to get the fucker on and off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

You can't use just any flatbed to shift those, dummies. You'll need a lowloader, or a crane to get the fucker on and off.

We've just found a 3rd partner in out master crime!