Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

amuayse posted:

Does Seija have friends?

No.

Edit: The ending of ISC pretty much says "she has no friends and will never have any."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

amuayse posted:

Does Seija have friends?

No, but that's sorta her thing.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Justus posted:

Good news, Moukous!

:nws: http://imgur.com/h6rdRTL :nws:

Better luck next time, Youmus.

All these quotes and no-one has pointed out the ludicrous ww4ww tag? Not sure whether the idea of that actually being achievable among Touhou fans who'd be actually interested (or at all really) is more stupid than the fact that the description immediately contradicts it.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

amuayse posted:

Does Seija have friends?

She drinks quite heavily though.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Insurrectionist posted:

All these quotes and no-one has pointed out the ludicrous ww4ww tag? Not sure whether the idea of that actually being achievable among Touhou fans who'd be actually interested (or at all really) is more stupid than the fact that the description immediately contradicts it.

I've no idea what ww4ww is, so pointing it out would be a bit silly for me.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

WarpedNaba posted:

I've no idea what ww4ww is, so pointing it out would be a bit silly for me.

Two girls looking for two girls, hence why its stupid.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

Two girls looking for two girls, hence why its stupid.

Obviously it means "no Rinnosukes" allowed.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Clarste posted:

No.

Edit: The ending of ISC pretty much says "she has no friends and will never have any."

:livintrope:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The next spinoff will also have Seija right? I heard it's about stealing money from Reimu

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

amuayse posted:

The next spinoff will also have Seija right? I heard it's about stealing money from Reimu

Reimu doesn't have any money.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Reimu doesn't have any money.

Reimu has money for brief moments in the middle of her get-rich-quick schemes before she squanders it investing in more schemes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

amuayse posted:

That was a one time convention thing and is never gonna be an actual games. You can find some fan remakes though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Reimu has money for brief moments in the middle of her get-rich-quick schemes before she squanders it investing in more schemes.

So therefore Reimu doesn't have any money.

The principle is the same in regards to faith in her shrine.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Crossposting from the fighting game thread in case there's any interest here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3433271&pagenumber=597#post440905972

------

Mizuumi Kouryuusen: Immaterial and Missing Power 10th anniversary event

Some of the current Japanese players are organizing a Japan vs West netplay tournament to celebrate IaMP's 10th anniversary.
Event will be held this Saturday night on Jan 31st.

I'll post again day of, but figured I'd let people here know about the event.
We'll be running some casuals today if you want a preview.

What:
West vs Japan 7v7 netplay exhibition tournament
Full details here: http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/User:Mauve/MizuumiKouryuusen

When:
Saturday, January 31st 2015, 7PM PST / 10PM EST

Where:
I'll be streaming the english language side of the event here:
http://www.twitch.tv/animatorzed

Commentary will be fairly low key, but we'll try to explain what we can. Most of the participants on our side will be in and out of skype during the event. I'll also be playing during the event.
I'll be running a short test stream tonight (right now) with some casuals so if you want to check out a bit of the game ahead of the event feel free to drop by.
Any technical feedback welcome too, since we're trying to make sure everything works ahead of the event.
Today's stream is over, check out the actual event on Saturday!

Format:
Waseda style.

quote:

What this means is that, for teams A and B, the first player of A will fight the first player of B, then the second player of A will fight the second player of B, and so on until everyone's played. Then the survivors are kept and we got to the next round, continue until no one's left

No character lock
Random order pick on both sides.

Other thoughts:

Japan has some absolute monsters on their side, but we should be able to make a decent accounting of ourselves and the Waseda format will guarantee that everybody gets to play at least once.

Its a netplay tournament between the US (plus one EU expat) and Japan, so a few matches will be played between Japan and the East Coast. Thankfully, IaMP actually has quite fantastic netplay via rollcaster, courtesy of muave, who is also organizing the event on our side and will be playing in the tourney.

What the heck is IaMP?
- Bullet heavy 2d fighting game by Tasofro, released as Touhou 7.5

What the heck is Mizuumi?
- Wiki/IRC community for every poverty game under the sun: http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Main_Page

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 31, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

WaHH 23 is out on the wiki! Thank you leatherfedora. In which Reimu accidentally becomes a shrine maiden.

Good luck at the IaMP tournament I guess.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

WaHH 23 is out on the wiki! Thank you leatherfedora. In which Reimu accidentally becomes a shrine maiden.

Seems like ZUN really liked the plot in Miko Miko Suika. Thanks for translating this.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The thing is, all it takes is some patrolling around to find your god and kill him. I've seen it happen where Teotl of the Night decided to park itself on Man"s cap and then get crossbowed to death the next turn. However, I actually want to try this with Ur though, by putting a stealth item on my pretender.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

amuayse posted:

The thing is, all it takes is some patrolling around to find your god and kill him. I've seen it happen where Teotl of the Night decided to park itself on Man"s cap and then get crossbowed to death the next turn. However, I actually want to try this with Ur though, by putting a stealth item on my pretender.

RIP Kanako.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Surprised to see Seija hangin' around the shrine for reimus trick, gotta admit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The Hakurei Shrine is the majority accepted loitering area.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

PrinnySquadron posted:

Surprised to see Seija hangin' around the shrine for reimus trick, gotta admit.

Where else would there be a large enough gathering of people worth messing with?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I realise I'm like a year and a half late to the party on this one, but Touhou Labyrinth 2 is a video game that you should buy if you like RPGs. It's tuned way too hard and it's infuriating and I hate it, but I keep playing anyway, and if that isn't a sure sign of quality I don't know what is.

It's half off on DLsite for a few more hours; they wouldn't take my filthy gaikokujin credit card, but maybe you'll have more luck. Failing that, you can download it from Melonbooks instead.

There's a (mediocre) translation patch linked to on the wiki, or you can play it in Japanese like a real man. (I'm not a real man.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, that was pretty fun. I stopped playing though when I ran out of Touhou character bosses and had nothing to look forward to but bronze mirrors and whatnot. It also had a pretty good soundtrack (that wasn't based on Touhou at all).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I enjoy that its Hard Mode is basically just "Here's a challenging level to fight bosses at. No, you're not allowed to grind. Stop it.".
Also the ability to reset/customize stats at any moment as freely as you want is rather nice.
There's supposedly an expansion on the way too.

EDIT: Oh, and the one unbeatable boss battle that just rewards you based on how much damage you manage to do in total. That was a cool idea.

HGH fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 31, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

HGH posted:

I enjoy that its Hard Mode is basically just "Here's a challenging level to fight bosses at. No, you're not allowed to grind. Stop it.".

I'm pretty sure you could grind skill points if you wanted to, since it just lowers your stats to the maximum level. Although I think anyone who would do that is a bad person who probably shouldn't be trying for hard mode.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

HGH posted:

Also the ability to reset/customize stats at any moment as freely as you want is rather nice.
There's supposedly an expansion on the way too.

EDIT: Oh, and the one unbeatable boss battle that just rewards you based on how much damage you manage to do in total. That was a cool idea.

You can actually beat Tenshi in her first appearance on 6F (without grinding). It's pretty tough since you only have 10 turns, but you can do it and get some good items for it.

e: btw everyone listen to the brilliant and smart FractalSandwich and buy LoT2, it is a Good Game.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

My only problem with LoT2 was that on my first time through I was doing pretty well against Tenshi and then all of a sudden the game decides I can't win and switches to a crew who definitely can't win and then they just get wrecked and I'm like :psyduck:.

Other than that it was a massive improvement over the original in just about every way. Shame the art got competent though.

EDIT: Also if we are advertising Good Touhou Fangames go buy FMW 1-3 pronto.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 31, 2015

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

IaMP's last hurrah happening now: http://twitch.tv/animatorzed

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

waddler posted:

IaMP's last hurrah happening now: http://twitch.tv/animatorzed

America is getting wrecked

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

America got wrecked.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Thanks for everyone that tuned in to watch the IaMP event. It was a lot of fun, and a good way to send off the game.

We were expecting to get bopped a lot worse, honestly, although I made a proper fool out of myself, so there is that too :)

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

lol, Touhou in the lower left. Nailed it.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Please tell the court why you're googling Naruto characters

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Get that junk outa here! I only care for japanese monsters, not japanese boats

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

the wildest rear end posted:

Get that junk outa here! I only care for japanese monsters, not japanese boats

the IJN officers are the real monsters

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

brave nazi aviator posted:

the IJN officers are the real monsters

Which touhou has committed the most war crimes?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Byakuren is an enemy sympathizer and abettor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

yukari conspired to launch a war of aggression against the moon which makes her a class A war criminal