Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Berkeley has once again shown itself to be the dumbest city in the worst* state in America.

Berekeleyside posted:

Many said they were frightened by the sound of the fighter jet, and feared a crash might follow.

A local resident identified only as JG wrote: “What happened this afternoon terrified me and my children. They were in their classrooms at BHS and Longfellow the the plane screamed over their heads. In my younger child’s class, children began screaming out of fear. Simultaneously, I was at home thinking, ‘So this is what children in Iraq and Afghanistan hear when US fighter planes zoom in to drop bombs on them.’ Today’s event was real, very scary, and very odd. I want an explanation from the perps of today’s freak out.”

* Gulf coast states excluded because they do not recognize the legitimacy of the occupier Yankee government in Washington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Berkeley has once again shown itself to be the dumbest city in the worst* state in America.

* Gulf coast states excluded because they do not recognize the legitimacy of the occupier Yankee government in Washington.

Lol what the gently caress. Do they not ever do flyovers for games at Cal?

loving liberals.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

* Gulf coast states excluded because they tip the scales so hard no one else would be able to have a turn at being the dumbest.

Slight edit for accuracy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

zoux posted:

The outrage was over the lack of punishment.

Actually I'm going to out cynical you all, I think that the police could MURDER A BABY on LIVE TELEVISION and the loving IDIOT FUCKER AMERICAN PEOPLE would go, and imagine I'm doing the retard voice here "HMMMRRRGGG WHERES MY CSI AND MY TV SHOWS".

They'd actually have more of a southern plains accent and be very seriously asking what the baby was doing wrong.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Cal's football team has sucked for years, I can't imagine anyone doing anything like that for them.

Also the Blue Angels jet show in Fisherman's Wharf got cancelled a while back due to funding cuts.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ReidRansom posted:

Lol what the gently caress. Do they not ever do flyovers for games at Cal?

loving liberals.
I'm trying to form a mental picture of a man who would actually write the sentence " I want an explanation from the perps of today’s freak out"and I keep coming back to Larry David in a 'Free Mumia' shirt.

Rent-A-Cop fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 30, 2015

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Really? I was thinking Joe Don Baker.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

zoux posted:

Actually I'm going to out cynical you all, I think that the police could MURDER A BABY on LIVE TELEVISION and the loving IDIOT FUCKER AMERICAN PEOPLE would go, and imagine I'm doing the retard voice here "HMMMRRRGGG WHERES MY CSI AND MY TV SHOWS".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/28/joseph-weekley-charges-dismissed-aiyana-stanley-jones_n_6566032.html

Not quite a baby, but close enough.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I'm trying to form a mental picture of a man who would actually write the sentence " I want an explanation from the perps of today’s freak out"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
There was that one where police threw a grenade into a sleeping baby's crib.

Americans really do not care unless it is an attractive white christian republican voting family, and even then its like a 50-50 chance something will come up that makes them at fault.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OK I'm going to drop this because it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in actually talking about it and instead would rather sneer at cops and Americans, which they are not like, at all.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Stereotype posted:

There was that one where police threw a grenade into a sleeping baby's crib.

Americans really do not care unless it is an attractive white christian republican voting family, and even then its like a 50-50 chance something will come up that makes them at fault.

take this stupid poo poo to the bad posting about cops ghetto thanks

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

zoux posted:

Haha, good one! Of course, your pithy (and hilarious!)... thing you did there is completely divorced from reality. Did you skip over that little tidbit of data where the majority of the country blamed Kent State on the protestors?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Radbot posted:

Haha, good one! Of course, your pithy (and hilarious!)... thing you did there is completely divorced from reality. Did you skip over that little tidbit of data where the majority of the country blamed Kent State on the protestors?

Did you miss the part where I said "in this day and age" and not "in the 1960s" and specifically because it would be on video broadcast 24/7 on the internet and TVs nationwide, which is the crux of my argument and not the stunning "hurrr cops=bad".

Don't believe Americans are dumb and racist? Maybe these Youtube comments will change your mind.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

please see above re: posting ghetto

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Also the Blue Angels jet show in Fisherman's Wharf got cancelled a while back due to funding cuts.

It was back as of this year. Yay!

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Didn't see this posted yet, but Greg Abbot has declared February 2nd Chris Kyle Day in Texas.

EDIT: Sorry, screwed up the code.

discoukulele fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 30, 2015

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

discoukulele posted:

Didn't see this posted yet, but Greg Abbot has declared February 2nd [url-http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/01/30/greg-abbott-declares-feb-2-chris-kyle-day]"Chris Kyle Day"[/url] in Texas.

In keeping with the spirit of the holiday I will do nothing and then lie about having honored it after the fact.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

discoukulele posted:

Didn't see this posted yet, but Greg Abbot has declared February 2nd [url-http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/01/30/greg-abbott-declares-feb-2-chris-kyle-day]"Chris Kyle Day"[/url] in Texas.

Screw all those Medal of Honor winners, Chris Kyle is the man for me!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bonus quote of the day, “The first time I really got stoned was in Jeb’s room. He had a portable stereo with removable speakers. He put on Steppenwolf for me.” ~ Peter Tibbetts, former Phillips Academy student.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the day, “The first time I really got stoned was in Jeb’s room. He had a portable stereo with removable speakers. He put on Steppenwolf for me.” ~ Peter Tibbetts, former Phillips Academy student.

Does this mean Jeb is pro legalization?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Does this mean Jeb is pro legalization?

It means he has terrible taste in music, if nothing else. Steppenwolf is kinda poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

It means he has terrible taste in music, if nothing else. Steppenwolf is kinda poo poo.

Have you ever listened to Steppenwolf on weed?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Have you ever listened to Steppenwolf on weed?

If weed couldn't help Pink Floyd, Steppenwolf has no chance.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

discoukulele posted:

Didn't see this posted yet, but Greg Abbot has declared February 2nd Chris Kyle Day in Texas.

hm yes, groundhog day seems appropriate to honor a man trapped in a repetitive mental hell

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Popular Thug Drink posted:

hm yes, groundhog day seems appropriate to honor a man trapped in a repetitive mental hell

We should count ourselves lucky he didn't pick something that "coincidentally" lines up with a Muslim holiday.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
From their time at Stanford. They each received exactly 811 votes in the student senate election.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Didn't that dude admit to just killing random civilians to boost his kill count?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Radbot posted:

Didn't that dude admit to just killing random civilians to boost his kill count?

I don't know about that, but he claimed he went down to Katrina and shot a bunch of "looters" during the aftermath.

Obvious bullshit, but it shows the kind of person he was.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Radbot posted:

I'm seriously racking my brain to envision even a ridiculous hypothetical scenario in which those weapons would save officer/civilian lives.

Godzilla.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Radbot posted:

Kyle told a lot of stories. He claimed that he punched out Jesse Ventura in a bar over him insulting the SEALS. He says that two guys in Texas tried to carjack him at a gas station and he pulled a gun out of his truck and shot them both under his arm behind his back without looking. He says that he and some of his spec ops buddies posted themselves on a roof during Katrina and sniped armed looters, with Kyle himself killing 30.

Obviously, people investigated these claims and found them all to be Grade A Bullshit. Ventura found it bullshit enough to sue and win for millions. Kyle also had a very simplistic view of the war in the Middle East and simply viewed everyone there as a bunch of violent savages, and was eager to get back and keep killing. He admitted to getting involved in bar fights just to feel tough. Chris Kyle was a bully and violent nut with PTSD who tried to cope by telling tall tales about himself and punching anyone who disagreed with him because he couldn't deal with it by going back to Iraq and murdering every "savage" he saw.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Chris Kyle was a psychopath and the only tragedy of his story is that he didn't die a lot earlier than he did

Have bullets at any point been effective against Godzilla though

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Alkydere posted:

I don't know about that, but he claimed he went down to Katrina and shot a bunch of "looters" during the aftermath.

Obvious bullshit, but it shows the kind of person he was.

Even if it wasn't bullshit, that would show what kind of person he was.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Crane Fist posted:

Chris Kyle was a psychopath and the only tragedy of his story is that he didn't die a lot earlier than he did

Have bullets at any point been effective against Godzilla though

That's why they need bigger bullets. You just don't know how big a bullet you're going to need.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Berke Negri posted:

Even if it wasn't bullshit, that would show what kind of person he was.

It says much worse things about him than anything any of us can hope to come up with.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

icantfindaname posted:

It won the Pulitzer Prize

He had to photoshop it first tho

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:derp:Barack Obama, Eric Holder, Jonathan Gruber, Lois Lerner, Eric Shinseki, and Hillary Cliton are stealin' all yer waters!!! :derp:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

chitoryu12 posted:

He says that he and some of his spec ops buddies posted themselves on a roof during Katrina and sniped armed looters, with Kyle himself killing 30.

The roof of the Superdome, no less.

The fact that he told that yarn to make himself look better says a lot about how terrible a person he must have been. I do wish he had jacked Ventura in the face though, that would have been great to watch.

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 31, 2015

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Should mention if you've even so much as seen a picture of the superdome you'd know his story is bullshit because there isn't a lootable locale within sitelines unless he was literally blasting people at random. In addition he would not have had opportunities to shoot people because the NOPD was already way ahead of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

discoukulele posted:

Welp, time to reset the "Texas Did Something Dumb" counter.

• Locked thread