Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

kannonfodder posted:

Oh poo poo, didn't even know this was happening. Loved the other two.

Same! The first two were tons of fun and actual kickstarter success stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

AFewBricksShy posted:

I don't see any tour dates on his site. Where are you seeing him, and when?

http://www.bouldertheater.com/event/henry-rollins

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Bad news, nobodies! That super couch I was talking about super-exploded. Turns out they made an inventory error. Fuuuuuuck.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I just bought a really expensive toothbrush
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G4DMS34/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apparently my dental care has been lacking and my dentist recommended I pick one of these up to help out.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

SpartanIV posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G4DMS34/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apparently my dental care has been lacking and my dentist recommended I pick one of these up to help out.

I have the same one, the DiamondClean is stupid powerful.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Holy poo poo that's fancy as gently caress. I'm content with my current Sonicare, but I'll be damned if that one isn't tempting by looks alone.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

A few pages back but

I have the "Gen 1" version of this and it comes without the Velcro on the sleeves. Why would you want those? Seems like they'd snag something or ruin a scarf. I use them only for walking about in town, though.

Otherwise it looks the same as mine and it's a real nice. A great outer layer.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Vegetable posted:

A few pages back but

I have the "Gen 1" version of this and it comes without the Velcro on the sleeves. Why would you want those? Seems like they'd snag something or ruin a scarf. I use them only for walking about in town, though.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644834&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post431292183

To put your nerd patches on, duh.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
:awesome:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SpartanIV posted:

Sometimes I hate you all.

I just ordered one as well

Content:

New holster, never tried the carry-lock was curious how it compares to a serpa

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Jesus and Mary Chain tickets, bitches! Time to dust off the Aqua Net!

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Now, I'm not much of a shoe person (having size 13-14 feet loving blows), but I've wanted a pair of leather chucks forever. I was all set to buy a pair of the classic black and whites when I saw these:

Dude at the store said that this particular color combination is a limited run, I can't seem to find anywhere online that sells them. Edit: The shop I bought them at ship world wide, free inside canadahttp://bagginsshoes.com/CT-OX-RC-LEATHER-STUDDED-MOLE-140002.html

They also seem to be made of softer leather than the other chucks I tried. I'm super happy with them, the zippers are rad as poo poo.

Jedrick has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Jan 30, 2015

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Was browsing Target last night, and found a swank rear end pen.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
For the first time in my life, I'm buying shoes that fit; I just had to custom order them.
Upside: I got to customize them, even down to the words on the tongues.

Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 31 iD Men's Running Shoe
STYLE # / COLOR #: 704359-991
SIZE: 10.5 (4E Extra-Wide)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Jedrick posted:

Now, I'm not much of a shoe person (having size 13-14 feet loving blows), but I've wanted a pair of leather chucks forever. I was all set to buy a pair of the classic black and whites when I saw these:

Dude at the store said that this particular color combination is a limited run, I can't seem to find anywhere online that sells them. They also seem to be made of softer leather than the other chucks I tried. I'm super happy with them, the zippers are rad as poo poo.

Not to shop-shame, but as size 12 myself, I can only imagine that size 13-14 chucks look like clown shoes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

blarzgh posted:

For the first time in my life, I'm buying shoes that fit; I just had to custom order them.

So you chose to put the word "Left" on the right shoe, and vice versa?

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

1redflag posted:

Not to shop-shame, but as size 12 myself, I can only imagine that size 13-14 chucks look like clown shoes.

They do look a little clownish just sitting there, but they look fine once they're on me. If i want to wear clown shoes, I put on these bad boys:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Jedrick posted:

They do look a little clownish just sitting there, but they look fine once they're on me. If i want to wear clown shoes, I put on these bad boys:

Touché.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

kloa posted:

Was browsing Target last night, and found a swank rear end pen.

Kloa get a Uniball Jetstream .7mm, objectively better

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I thought it was really funny at the time.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

RCarr posted:

blarzgh posted:

I've considered doing this.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 22:12 on Jan 30, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

blarzgh posted:

I chuckled :) Just checking to make sure they didn't mislabel them or something on accident.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Vegetable posted:

A few pages back but

How does all this 'resistant to water' stuff last after a few washes? Doesn't it wash off the scotchguarding?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

I chuckled :) Just checking to make sure they didn't mislabel them or something on accident.

The first time I try to put one on the wrong foot, I'm going to feel really stupid.

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice
Spent years trying to get one of these, finally managed it.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I can't get pictures because I'm on the mobile, but I just got some vidya games.

DBZ Xenoverse on preorder

And grey goo and Toxikk. Both are p nostalgic like that late 90's feel

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Jedrick posted:

Dude at the store said that this particular color combination is a limited run, I can't seem to find anywhere online that sells them. Edit: The shop I bought them at ship world wide, free inside canadahttp://bagginsshoes.com/CT-OX-RC-LEATHER-STUDDED-MOLE-140002.html

They also seem to be made of softer leather than the other chucks I tried. I'm super happy with them, the zippers are rad as poo poo.

Holy poo poo I love those.

blarzgh posted:

My old ipod has "cumdumpster" engraved on the back of it. :shrug:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Pi Mu Rho posted:

The good news is once you have one, you will soon have a LOT more of them!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The good news is once you have one, you will soon have a LOT more of them!

Yeah, should have started out with a Tribble, moved on to a Mogwai and then maybe got a Facehugger.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Pi Mu Rho posted:

Are you going to paint it?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

blarzgh posted:

I love the colour scheme. Would've ganked your style if the customized version didn't cost something like 35% more than the plain one :-/

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

App13 posted:

Kloa get a Uniball Jetstream .7mm, objectively better

Noted.

Al, what is your latest vidya game purchase?

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Vegetable posted:

A few pages back but

The velcro loop side is super soft and doesn't get in the way at all. I didn't bother looking around for the gen 1 is the truth of the matter. I did look at their regular line (no velcro etc) with the atom AR and that is a really trim fit. The leaf version of the SV has just a bit more room at the hem and in the chest which works better for layering under it which was my main reason for grabbing it. The other is that the leaf version has a more durable face fabric since I want to wear it on the outside. I wish it didn't have the velcro but I can deal with them for how nice it is for my needs. Pair it with a fleece or hoody and you can go down to single digits pretty easy while standing around without it being a big bulky affair.

Nierbo posted:

How does all this 'resistant to water' stuff last after a few washes? Doesn't it wash off the scotchguarding?

I have an outer shell or umbrella if I plan to get soaked so I care more about wind resistance and other things. You can apparently retreat it with grangers etc waterproofing if it gets bad but just washing/drying it properly should help as well. I don't know as I have yet to get to that point though.

king of the bongo has a new favorite as of 04:17 on Jan 31, 2015

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

Just bought this!

Waiting for the download to finish and then the fiancee and I are gonna adventure game it up.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I bought renter's insurance for the first time. Wooo!

Also, as someone earlier in the thread predicted I would:

codespace
May 3, 2011

Been about 5 years since I got a pair of these, so it'll be nice to replace them. Probably the most comfortable boots I've ever worn, practically no break-in time, and perfect for 8-12 hour days on concrete in all weather conditions.

Current router is getting wonky, and I've been wanting to go back to something dd-wrt compatible, so I picked this up after doing a little research.

Also, because I can't resist new peripherals from time to time, I picked these up:

Also picked up a few Hitachi 2TB drives and a new office chair. Gotta love tax refunds!

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Because I wish to harness the power of crystals in every aspect of my life.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

Good luck with the G710. Pretty much turned me off of Logitech gear after keys started breaking less than 6 months after I got it.

Logitech wouldn't honor their warranty without a store receipt, and of course you can't buy replacement keys, that would be crazy!!!!!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wicaeed posted:

Good luck with the G710. Pretty much turned me off of Logitech gear after keys started breaking less than 6 months after I got it.

Logitech wouldn't honor their warranty without a store receipt, and of course you can't buy replacement keys, that would be crazy!!!!!
I think most manufacturers need proof of purchase, but Logitech specifically has been taken advantage of in the past. They used to send out replacement mice with just a serial number, not even requiring you to send the faulty mouse back, so people bought old mice on eBay and called in for warranty service to get an upgraded new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

I think most manufacturers need proof of purchase, but Logitech specifically has been taken advantage of in the past. They used to send out replacement mice with just a serial number, not even requiring you to send the faulty mouse back, so people bought old mice on eBay and called in for warranty service to get an upgraded new one.

That's all well and fine. What really irked me was the fact that literally NOBODY sells replacement keys for the drat thing. Logitech must have a huge stock of the drat things, they could sell them for 1-2 bucks per key and make a killing.

The only keys I found were replacement CTRL/ESC/SHFT/ENTER keys. There was literally nothing out there that I could find to replace the breaking asdf keys.